Welcome to Penny Arcade's Fifth Civilization 4 Succession Game: Warlords Modified!
In order to play, you will need the following:
Civilizstion 4 (WinXP)
Civilization 4: Warlords (WinXP) patched to Version 2.08
Autolog - If you want, this will generate a log of your save turns. Full instructions for it can be found here
Autolog Batch File - This is a batch file to make the above easier to use.
Penny Arcade SG5 Mod - Necessary. Follow the installation instructions below.
Updated links for the above files:PA SG5 Mod
Critical. Follow the installation instructions.Autologger
Useful, but not necessary.Autologger Batch File
Should make running the Autologger more user friendly.
Follow the instructions below to correctly install this file.
This mod should be placed in (civ install directory)\Warlords\Mods\Revolution\. Any other path may cause the game to be unable to find the Revolution.ini file, and then any changes you make to Revolution.ini will not appear in the game.Clear out your cache! Delete folder Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\My Games\Warlords\cache. (Make sure you can see hidden folders to find this)What the Mod does:
The PA SG mod combines the following for your entertainment:Jdog5000's Revolution component
- This allows Barbarians to form real civilizations and unhappy citizens to break from their parent country to form new nations.Blake's Better AI
- This updates the ingame AI to better understand how to improve its tiles, defend its cities, and mount successful offensive wars."Real World" Flags
- Updates the ingame flags to more closely match real world counterparts. Where no real world counterparts exist, an extrapolation has been made.Ethnically Diverse Cities
- Your Mesoamericans will look Mesoamerican while your Middle Easterners look Middle Eastern. Also included are Africans and Norse along with the stock European, Asian, and Hellenistic.Updated mapscript
- Tectonics will create new geographically realistic worlds for Penny Arcade to conquer.24 Man games
- Now all of the Civs included in Warlords can be in the same game.
Credits go to:
jdog5000 - Revolution
Blake - Better AI
Bad Ronald, Odinbrood, Firaxis - Flags
LDiCesare - Tectonics Map Script
GeoModder, Chamaedrys - Ethnically Diverse Cities
Just to show a little of what I'm talking about:
Note: Ctrl+Shift+W opens the above pop up. We will need to pay attention to this.
Civilization: Elizabeth - England (Fin, Phi)
Map: Tectonics, Random
Victory Conditions: ALL
The above is subject to change if players want it to.
Round Acknowledgement: 24 Hours to post
Round Deadline: 48 Hours to play
Round Total: 15 Turns Per Player
The current player list so far:
4. Disco Bandit
Come in and get your Civ on!