As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Where the Classiness Never Stops

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    For anyone who's interested in the rest of the story, the response from the guy who skimmed all the codes was essentially that he was doing us a favour by skimming the codes before someone else skimmed the codes. Humanity, ladies and gentlemen.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    For anyone who's interested in the rest of the story, the response from the guy who skimmed all the codes was essentially that he was doing us a favour by skimming the codes before someone else skimmed the codes. Humanity, ladies and gentlemen.

My head, it hurts now.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    I know a lot of you guys are classy dudes who will have bought the game to make it up to the devs. Hopefully this place won't get a bad reputation.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I'll go advertise the game a bit too. It looks really neat.

Also, Fairy Bloom Freesia and the eXceed games have cards too now.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    This pink/purple guy scares me. Hes like a colorblind smurf always ending his sentences with a strange word.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    so I kind of missed what happened, but a forumer took all the keys that a developer gave our community... and is trying to say now that he was doing a favor because someone else was going to skim all the keys eventually...

I assume this person has been banned for being the biggest of geese?

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I know a lot of you guys are classy dudes who will have bought the game to make it up to the devs. Hopefully this place won't get a bad reputation.

Is there a way to create a sort of approve feature like there is for posting, so say there was a code inside a spoiler tag of sorts, it had to check if that member has been on the forums for x-amount of time to open the tag, similar to the ability to post? (this seems like it may be work but may not be as I have no idea what the capabilities of the Vanilla forums are).

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Thing I wish the Steam app could do: remotely install stuff on any PC you are currently logged in to.

Gonna play the Knife of Dunwall DLC as my next backlog thing when I finish work but remembered I don't have the base game installed.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    so I kind of missed what happened, but a forumer took all the keys that a developer gave our community... and is trying to say now that he was doing a favor because someone else was going to skim all the keys eventually...

There isn't really any point in banning someone who only signed up to message me and say that they skimmed all the keys. This at least gave me the impetus to chase up a solution to the problem. Hopefully we'll find something that you guys can use for when you give codes away in this thread.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Thing I wish the Steam app could do: remotely install stuff on any PC you are currently logged in to..

I feel like I've done this... But I may have remoted into my desktop.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thing I wish the Steam app could do: remotely install stuff on any PC you are currently logged in to.

Gonna play the Knife of Dunwall DLC as my next backlog thing when I finish work but remembered I don't have the base game installed.

I thought you could do exactly that? I believe you tap the three line button in the upper left of the app, then your name at the top of the menu. That brings up a list of your games (and the option to view more if need be). From there if it sees you're logged in somewhere it should offer to remotely install. My home PC is off right now, so I can't say that's 100% the steps, but I know I've done it.

• Options
    Maybe in the meantime codes could be posted with a couple of digits missing and the devs could be PM'd to fill them in?

Dunno kind of cumbersome, just shitty that people think that's OK to do.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    So, Hate Plus first impressions, after playing for a couple of hours yesterday:

Save importing from Analogue is a little wonky. Although Analogue has cloud saves, Hate Plus only sees saves that are on the machine it's installed on. In my case, that meant I had to load up a previous Analogue save to re-get one of the endings so I could have it for Hate Plus.

This thing is NOT laptop friendly, if you don't have a mouse, or some type of scroll wheel on your laptop. There's a lot more text in this one than in Analogue, and unfortunately, the design for multi-page documents changed from clicking through pages to having them be one long scrolling text. Which only works with either a scroll wheel, or clicking the down arrow/selecting it and hitting ENTER until you break a button or acquire carpal tunnel.

When the description said "Three Real Time Days", it wasn't kidding. I finished Day One on one file, told *Hyun-ae to shut down for the night, and got a 12 hour timer before I could access that save again. It's a good way to encourage you to play through all of the character options, I guess?

Those complaints out of the way though, so far the game is fantastic. It's a lot darker and more mature than Analogue was, at least starting out. That's not a bad thing. The feel is, more horror, I guess? Analogue to me felt like a light mystery "What happened to the ship? And the people? And the AI?" that gradually snuck up on you with the horrible truth. So far Hate Plus is more of a "You already know this turns into a horrible, tragic train wreck, because you found the wreckage. Buckle up, now you're going to find out how bad the wreck really was."

It's, so far, even less of a game and more of a visual novel than Analogue, and I mean that in a good way. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm finding it fantastic so far.

• Options
    Maybe in the meantime codes could be posted with a couple of digits missing and the devs could be PM'd to fill them in?

What we'll probably do in the meantime is have the devs send me the codes and I'll distribute them to users who PM me and ask for one, or the devs can obviously handle that themselves.

• Options

I thought you could do exactly that? I believe you tap the three line button in the upper left of the app, then your name at the top of the menu. That brings up a list of your games (and the option to view more if need be). From there if it sees you're logged in somewhere it should offer to remotely install. My home PC is off right now, so I can't say that's 100% the steps, but I know I've done it.

Oh crap yeah! Looks like it didn't load up the first time but now there is a download button next to it.

Awesome :D

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

What we'll probably do in the meantime is have the devs send me the codes and I'll distribute them to users who PM me and ask for one, or the devs can obviously handle that themselves.

All codes must now be posted as image files!

• Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    I hate to see this happen, but I know that this particular part of the community will rise to the occasion. I plan to grab a copy when I get home. Hopefully this will end up as a net gain for the dev. And perhaps the key-thieving goose will develop a rash.

I can hope.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

I'm sure the skimmers can get past that obstacle pretty easily, unless they're skewed like captcha.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Oh man. Bureau is great. I can name all my mooks @Wooden Spoon and then feed them to the enemy and watch them die.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Oh man. Bureau is great. I can name all my mooks @Wooden Spoon and then feed them to the enemy and watch them die.

Interest = Interest + 1

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

Perversely, this actually has increased my degree of interest.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • Options
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »

I'm sure the skimmers can get past that obstacle pretty easily, unless they're skewed like captcha.

Yeah these skimmers are real people

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Its too bad there weren't some forum function where you'd have to click a button to get a code and it'd be tied to your PA account (just that you clicked it) and it would prevent you from doing it again for whatever amount of time

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Its too bad there weren't some forum function where you'd have to click a button to get a code and it'd be tied to your PA account (just that you clicked it) and it would prevent you from doing it again for whatever amount of time
    Cheapassgamer has a system just like that for beta codes and similar. But those are normally on the front page.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Mid week madness: seriously why don't you have Just Cause 2 yet?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Whats the consensus on Evil Genus?

It's alright. I played a bunch of it and it's pretty fun to design bases but the AI of your mans is pretty dumb. They get caught in your traps and open doors for spies etc...

If it's under 5 it'll give you a few hours of fun. It gets a little repetitive later.

Evil Genius is a lot of fun and has a great base-building system, but the main problem with the game is that you actually aren't supposed to use all of the cool traps they give you. Every time agents come to your island and don't leave, you generate heat, which means more agents will come to your island. Eventually you can't get anything done because you're constantly having to fight waves of soldiers. The best way to play the game is to spam Valets so that they can confuse agents so they leave without seeing anything.

This was my experience with Evil Genius. Also, my traps are so good, I kill all my own people.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    I was just browsing Steam accounts....and I came across this guy, right here. I think he won.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »
    I was just browsing Steam accounts....and I came across this guy, right here. I think he won.

WOW. I hate to admit, I'm a little envious.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular

NEET

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

There isn't really any point in banning someone who only signed up to message me and say that they skimmed all the keys. This at least gave me the impetus to chase up a solution to the problem. Hopefully we'll find something that you guys can use for when you give codes away in this thread.

Some sort of IP based spoiler system or a lottery system would be nice.

EDIT:
    Yes you could proxy around a IP based spoiler system but it would slow the skimming down.

iRevert on
  • Options
    CalidreaCalidrea Registered User regular
    This marriage gifting is getting insane. First I got Madballs in Babo just to have as a silly game for us to play. And then I saw he wanted Divekick and bam he has it. But he's threatening a SRIV gift. I'm in over my head!

• Options
    Is that one of those 'obviously the account is hacked so 500 people are using it at the same time' kind of accounts?

Cause damn. Where could he find the time + money.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Yeah, you can see why I'm trying to make it up to the guy. If he can get at least eight sales out of the forum at least he won't have made a loss.

Bought a copy. We are a group of classy gents, damnit.

threw him a tenner, myself.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    edited August 2013

That's the guy that bought my Magical Diary foil card for $10 (Well, I guess he paid $11.50 because Steam share).

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular

He played Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Not sure I'd call that winning.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Must farm more cards, I'm halfway to my goal of $20 in steam wallet so that I can purchase REDACTED.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

WOW. I hate to admit, I'm a little envious.

I wish I was his friend because I'd buy him the .99 DLC he wants on his wishlist.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Calidrea wrote: »
    This marriage gifting is getting insane. First I got Madballs in Babo just to have as a silly game for us to play. And then I saw he wanted Divekick and bam he has it. But he's threatening a SRIV gift. I'm in over my head!

You're going to have to get creative, physical gifts like a HORI fight stick to go with that shiny new game. At the end of the day you can use your lady wiles to win, everytime.

• Options
    Calidrea wrote: »

You're going to have to get creative, physical gifts like a HORI fight stick to go with that shiny new game. At the end of the day you can use your lady wiles to win, everytime.

Is this marriage gifting thing the new 'Not tonight, i have a headache..."

This discussion has been closed.