As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Saint's Row] Zoomer Retirement Financial Planner

manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?!Registered User regular
edited July 2022 in Games and Technology
Saints Row is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgjzDJA1o1E

Other games:

Saints Row IV™ - From the Crack House to the White House.

Saints-Row-41.jpg

Saints Row IV has been announced for release on 8/20/13 for North America and 8/23/13 worldwide. It was originally planned as a standalone expansion for Saints Row: The Third and called Enter the Dominatrix. A decision was made at the end of last year to make it a full blown sequel and give it a longer development cycle with the ETD content wrapped in. After rescuing homies Shaundi, Viola, and Burt Reynolds at the conclusion of Saints Row the Third, the head of the Third Street Saints has been elected President of the United States, leading the charge against an alien force in a struggle to save humanity. Players will "wield gargantuan superpowers" and have an "arsenal of alien weaponry and technology" at their disposal, as well as the ability to leap buildings, outrun enemies and use telekinesis. A fourth wall breaking DLC mockumentary featuring "deleted" content reusing the Enter the Dominatrix title will be sold 45 days after launch, with another pack rumored to be released after 90.

Deep Silver wrote:
We're leaving @VolitionInc in full creative control of the long-in-development #SaintsRowIV with additional time for polishing. No rushing!

Mods!

Volition is working together with the Saints Row modding community to go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! Expect many, many new mods for Saints Row 2, The Third, and IV in the future.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/16/modding-saints-row-is-about-to-get-a-whole-lot-easier/

Trailers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfcoOjAaiLY&list=PL66Y-U6XiSG2AdBTWfRjvhw8ItsMpOCJR&index=14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ-NcnVHzIo&list=PL66Y-U6XiSG2AdBTWfRjvhw8ItsMpOCJR&index=4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL91fA2Z2gc&list=PL66Y-U6XiSG2AdBTWfRjvhw8ItsMpOCJR&index=2

Saints Row IV official Screenshots!

fHTvByq.jpg
X387gAR.jpg
yd2ODsG.jpg
7u4Or9L.jpg

More Media!

untitled-2egov7.gif

Link to the original huge wallpaper version of the above pic:
http://i.imgur.com/L3xmIrR.jpg

Saints Row the Third CG trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxQsCNontmI

Game of the Year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egNGa41tRac

Previous Saints Row: The Third thread:
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/176169/saints-row-iv-mod-tools-laser-katanas-romance-options-wall-running-terry-crews/p1

Multiplayer sign up sheet!

Saints Row IV Sign Up Sheet
Reponse Summary
Results Spreadsheet

Thanks to IdolNinja, DouglasDanger and jdarksun.

manwiththemachinegun on

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Mmmm, that new thread smell.
    New hour long interview with Gamespot here: http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=saints-row-iv-20130801 EDIT: Just started watching. It has gameplay from Matt Miller's loyalty mission, so if you don't want spoilers skip to about 18:45.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Oh man, the Volition nickname for the stolen alien warship in the, "real world." :D
    The Nebakanormandy.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    In the future, ask permission for an early new thread before making it.

Having said that: this is going to be so sweet.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of disappointed in myself for watching and re-watching every game play video I can find, because I worry it will diminish the fun when I first play, but I can't help myself.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I have seen basically jack shit

Just the E3 trailer

I'm going into this as dark as possible, I believe

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I just went back to Saints Row 2 for a bit. I saw a Ronin crushed by a stray flying fire hydrant.

I don't think you're in much danger of things getting stale. :P

The new video Crippl3 posted has all kinds of awesome stuff. The improved machine pistols look very cool.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    In censorship news, Saints Row IV will be rated MA15+ in Australia (contains mild spoilers for a mission that Australians won't get to play). Not even R18. Also, I guess simulated sexual assault is A-OK as long as it's DLC*? This shouldn't affect me personally, as long as Green Man Gaming doesn't consider Australia-adjacent to be 'close enough.'#

*They don't explicitly say that said DLC will be released in Australia. But they don't deny it either. Wait and see I suppose.

#Just put in a support ticket with GMG since the game seems to have disappeared from the store, for me at least.~

~Their response being that they sold out. Also I'd probably get the censored version. Attempting order cancellation.

Maclay on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I hope not because then we'd end up with all dlc being either classified or banned. Fucking Australia

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    Oh man, the Volition nickname for the stolen alien warship in the, "real world." :D
    The Nebakanormandy.

Haaaaa.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Max Scoville, former Saints Row superfan from Destructoid, at Rev3 Games, with SR4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJWsP-OEAdY

It is full of spoilers, of course, such as Pierce's loyalty mission.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Scoville is a hot name.

• Options
    I'm sort of amazed someone hasn't sued or complained about all the homage weapons. Relieved and amazed, of course.

• Options
    Just saw this on Chance's blog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMPb_gZHReU

"It takes a lot of work to make something this beautifully stupid."

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFA9KHFWQCE

IGN livestream

I don't have time to watch it because I have to go to work.

I can't find anymore, so these three are probably all for now.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    ...that singalong...

Yes.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I just started watching the Rev3 video.

"Are you playing as Billy Idol?"
    "... kind of."

All while 'Opposites Attract" from Paula Abdul plays on the radio.

This may be the greatest game ever made.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Nevermind, wrong thread.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    goblinkinggoblinking Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    I keep getting spoiled on songs in the SR4 soundtrack, but they are so awesome I don't even care. I cannot wait. I got spoiled on parts of some missions also, I am trying to go in as blind as possible, but its sooooooo hard.

goblinking on
  • Options
    I'm staying spoiler free on the missions, the open world stuff though seems to be getting better and better.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    yes, the open world stuff seems amazing. it really does. :D

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    I also love that V basically went through the last fifty years or so of sci-fi weapons and were like, okay, we can use that.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i am the most excited for this game. THE MOST.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i am the most excited for this game. THE MOST.

from all the stuff we've seen so far, i'm pretty confident that excitement is justified :D

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how they can top the playlist from III to be honest. Holding Out For a Hero, You're the Best, Power. Fuck yeah.

Even Der Holle Rache. I never listen to anything classical, let alone opera. They manage to find the one aria I really really like and stick it in.

Amazing.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how they can top the playlist from III to be honest.

(Actual song spoiler)

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    unfortunately the classical music station appears to be getting worse game by game

actually that saints row 1 tracklist is fantastic

it's classical music, guys

you can afford to fill out your playlist to that degree again, surely

edit: on second thought, saint's row 4 klassic is looking a little better than saints row 3

but ugh no more sousa in the vending machine please

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm not sure how they can top the playlist from III to be honest.

(Actual song spoiler)

I'm sure it's nerd heresy but I don't like that song and I never saw the Transformers movie.

Hopefully there is stuff I like beyond that.

-edit-

You know the Volition people really, really like putting out clips with naked boss.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how they can top the playlist from III to be honest. Holding Out For a Hero, You're the Best, Power. Fuck yeah.

Even Der Holle Rache. I never listen to anything classical, let alone opera. They manage to find the one aria I really really like and stick it in.

Amazing.

we are we are we are guitar children

yes I know those aren't the actual lyrics but dammit I thought they were for decades

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Syngyne wrote: »

Amazing.

we are we are we are guitar children

yes I know those aren't the actual lyrics but dammit I thought they were for decades

There's so many songs that I had horrible misconceptions of the actual lyrics for years and then was eventually crushed and humiliated by someone who told me how ridiculously wrong I was in front of other people.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    :whistle: ...wrapped up like a douche, another rumor in the night... :whistle:

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    There was mention of a dynamic music option in the REv3 stream. That sounds very, very interesting.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

:whistle: ...I'm a pool hall ace...with every step you take... :whistle:

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I want to watch those videos but like SR3 I really only can handle the first 2 missions being spoilered for me. Mostly because I want to imagine if this is how bat shit crazy it is now...I want to imagine how messed up the last missions will be.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9_3nQFNy-w

Loved that show.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

:whistle: ...I'm a pool hall ace...with every step you take... :whistle:

Yes. I thought this for years, and still hear it in my head.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think the best surprise so far for weapon skins has been...
    Mal's pistol from Firefly.

That's gonna see a lot of use. :P

Aw yea! Best Friends play video! Spoilers!

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I can't seem to get a good answer out of 4chan.

Is SR4 really re-using the same map from SR3?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    From what I understand, yes, with the addition of the big towers and way, way more activities and diversions.

FYI, there are some SERIOUS spoilers in that Best Friends video. Hilarious though it is. D:
    THEY BLEW IT UP.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    There's been a lot of talk about the "vertical" map.