As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

--

The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
--

The Everyman on

• Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    First, call Valve and get them to fix this problem. Scheme is a big huge crippleware turd, and the companies that sucker consumers into using such crap should be the ones paying to deal with the related problems.

Second, for God's sake, DO NOT ATTACH A WINDOWS COMPUTER TO THE INTERNET WITHOUT A FIREWALL.

Last, don't buy any more crippleware. Steam is like the iTunes store; it seems like a good idea, but it was ruined by assholes who think that making a DRM scheme convoluted somehow makes it capable of actually protecting content.

supabeast on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Steam's fine. You might be able to install HL2 in offline mode by just disconnecting the Internet when you install; I've never tried it (bought it off Steam) but I think it works. Otherwise, Steam support is your best bet.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited March 2007
    Steam's fine. You might be able to install HL2 in offline mode by just disconnecting the Internet when you install; I've never tried it (bought it off Steam) but I think it works. Otherwise, Steam support is your best bet.

I believe you have to have an internet connection and a steam login to activate a purchased copy of HL2.

I'd say call Valve. Since there isn't a major product roll-out happening right now their support should be pretty good right now.

t supabeast: I've never had a problem with Steam. I think it's a neat idea.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org