As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

VALVE STEAM. STEAM OS. STEAM MACHINES. 48 HOURS REMAIN.

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    pooka wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    pooka wrote: »
    finished Riven last week, started and finished Machinarium this weekend, started Bastion earlier. puzzlepuzzleRPG? this isn't counting the filler Audiosurf and Beat Hazard sessions, of course. finally getting through the backlog!

On dude, what did you think of machinarium? I played it recently and it was awesome! I did have to cheat and look up how to finish on puzzle in the arcade room because I got stuck on it for like two days

it is really cute and charming and i am far too dumb for the later bits of it. i apparently need my puzzles way more apparent than implied. plus i was overthinking a few of them, heh. it also took me awhile to realize that i could use the keyboard for the arcade games and not just the mouse, which meant for some fiendish-quick movements, lemme tell ya. i already loved the soundtrack, and had played Samorost 2. those games are definitely worth playing, moreso if you have the patience to figure out what you've missed and thus, the puzzle.

I'll have to check out Samorost; I've not even heard of it until just now. I loved, loved, loved Botanicula which is made by the same dudes and well worth checking out if you likes machinarium

yep, Botanicula is in the backlog. got the Humble Bundle for it, so i've got other weird programs to root through, as well. i'd say it's probably obvious that Samorost 2 (and the first one) is the studio's earlier effort, but it's still got good atmosphere.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    In a surge of obsessive compulsive rage I terminated about 90% of my Kerbal flights last night and then felt kind of horrible immediately afterwards.

I'm pretty sure they were all smiling in awe at something each time I pressed the terminate button.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    you terminate flights with Kerbins in them?

you monster

if their ship is dead in the sky, mount a rescue!

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

you monster

Oh it's okay. The terminate button just opens a valve in the capsule and lets the air out. They pass out and expire so quickly that they hardly feel a thing.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Frankly, with my flight record so far, the Kerbal that's trapped in orbit in his ship (which was designated a space station and re-named the Flying Tomb mid-flight) is probably better off. I sent many brave souls to their death before I figured out you could just send unmanned flights.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I just revert the flight to the construction stage, erasing all evidence

None can know of our failure

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I'll let you know how my star freighter goes.

The prototype I slapped together worked surprisingly well. I had a Mainsail rocket flanked by Atomic Rocket quads, and a few radials underneath to gain initial lift for take-off, and help with landing.
    To launch my space station core (about the size and shape of the stock one) I needed something like 12 solid boosters, 4 mainsails and a skipper engine spread out between two stages. It was pretty heavy I guess.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    also, I just saw Jebediah come back from the dead in the current version. Is he special about that in some way?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

you monster

It's true

I am the worst

I landed on the Mun. Did it manually, too. Look at this:

B6A7C1E2F6FD5BBCA75B3651ECD7DAC2C0DDEDB8

it was a culmination of some careful throttle control and then me chanting "ohshitohshitohshitohshit" for about three minutes while it slowly slid down the side of the crater.

also, I just saw Jebediah come back from the dead in the current version. Is he special about that in some way?

yeah I heard somewhere that bill, bob, and jeb are pretty much immortal.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Make sure everyone buys Guacamelee tomorrow.

I've been playing it on my Vita nonstop and it's AWESOME

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

you monster

It's true

I am the worst

No Kerbal gets left behind

Even if that ship is on escape trajectory from the sun, you build a faster rescue rocket

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    I just revert the flight to the construction stage, erasing all evidence

None can know of our failure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2-zzmCmMVI

of course, comrade

the historic inevitability of proletarian victory renders failure impossible

Dongs Galore on
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    i just sold an anime steam profile background for two dollars

not even a rare background, just a regular one

i won't pretend to understand, i'll just smile and nod

thank you cherry tree high comedy club, you just turned a profit, and thank you anime teens, just for being yourselves

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I landed on the Mun. Did it manually, too. Look at this:

B6A7C1E2F6FD5BBCA75B3651ECD7DAC2C0DDEDB8

it was a culmination of some careful throttle control and then me chanting "ohshitohshitohshitohshit" for about three minutes while it slowly slid down the side of the crater.

Let this be the day known, throughout the universe, as the day that Kerbalkind gave the Mun a penis.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    The Mun is very shy about it and wishes you wouldn't just go pointing it out

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Nipples too.
    The Mun is covered in nips

VayBJ4e.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hey, Saints Row IV character creator just came out. Woo woo!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    not really any good ways to work "slow" into a one syllable name

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013

is it better/expanded from the SRIII one

i'm going to admit i'm almost tempted to get SRII when i get a better computer so i can mess with its char gen because of the gender slider

edit: eh on second thought i just remembered some of the SRII missions

ehhhhh

Antimatter on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    not really any good ways to work "slow" into a one syllable name

Slubh?

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

is it better/expanded from the SRIII one

i'm going to admit i'm almost tempted to get SRII when i get a better computer so i can mess with its char gen because of the gender slider

edit: eh on second thought i just remembered some of the SRII missions

ehhhhh

It's very similar to the SR3 one, but there do seem to be more hairstyles and clothing options.

Like, there's a pretty camisole that I don't remember being in SR3.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah it seems to have everything that was in SR3 just automatically available plus some extra stuff too

It doesn't look super great though which just makes me think that you're basically running 360 specs since none of that stuff is adjustable in the character creator

Engine seems identical to SR3 so it'll probably look about the same with more options toggled in the menu

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Holy shit I love that they have GOB's chicken dance as a taunt.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm loving that sectopods have the metal footsteps like cyberdemons did. plus they make you shit your pants like cyberdemons did

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Guys
    I bought Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
    I might become the anime

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

you monster

Pfft that is how I clean the house of the weak and stupid
    They volunteer to be satellites for me

el_vicio wrote: »
    Guys
    I might become the anime

What is sad is the cards for it are really over priced and yet they have come down in price

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Guys
    I might become the anime

Ain't no "might" here, you are now hereby under quarantine

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Yeah it seems to have everything that was in SR3 just automatically available plus some extra stuff too

It doesn't look super great though which just makes me think that you're basically running 360 specs since none of that stuff is adjustable in the character creator

Engine seems identical to SR3 so it'll probably look about the same with more options toggled in the menu

There's a lot of stuff that was in SR3 that's not in there, especially in the tattoo section. Likewise, there were a lot of outfits that were available as individual pieces in SR3 that are only available as full outfits in the Inauguration Station, like the guard and superhero outfits. I'd guess that these are just limitations in the demo, rather than changes to the items themselves.

Gatsby wrote: »
    Guys
    I might become the anime

Ain't no "might" here, you are now hereby under quarantine

B-but Gatsby-kun...

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Guys
    I might become the anime

Spoilers: that game is pretty bad.

IKknkhU.gif
    But it says comedy right in the title, Stilts!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

It's not that bad but it has a lot of corny jokes

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Guys
    I might become the anime

Spoilers: that game is pretty bad.

nah

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I finished Otter's Pod 4 last night. It was fun, but I felt like it had just really opened up at the point at which it ends. It turns out it took me fifteen hours to beat, which I imagine is way longer than it took most people. Then again a saving failure meant I had to repeat a lot of it. Near the end you get some really awesome monsters, and I was hoping to be able to keep them on a new game + or something.

Also some of the bonus bosses were really fucking hard. I had to look up a guide video for one of them.

Aw boo, screenshots from the SR4 Inauguration Station are automatically set to 'hidden' with no option to change it

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Indiegamepalooza has arrived

Guacamelee Gold Edition is $15
    Papers, Please is $10
    Spelunky is $15

It's currently impossible to actually buy Guacamelee, though

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.