As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

VALVE STEAM. STEAM OS. STEAM MACHINES. 48 HOURS REMAIN.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I landed on the Mun. Did it manually, too. Look at this:
    B6A7C1E2F6FD5BBCA75B3651ECD7DAC2C0DDEDB8

it was a culmination of some careful throttle control and then me chanting "ohshitohshitohshitohshit" for about three minutes while it slowly slid down the side of the crater.

he, uh, didn't make it back, did he?

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    For some reason my Saints Row profile password isn't working and when I send an email to reset it I never receive one. I kinda wanted to just import my SR3 character and make the changes from there instead of starting from scratch.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

it was a culmination of some careful throttle control and then me chanting "ohshitohshitohshitohshit" for about three minutes while it slowly slid down the side of the crater.

With 304 m/s remaining? Of course he did!

No actually once the fuel ran out he decided to get out and walk. Once the jet pack ran out of fuel, he resigned himself to orbiting kerbal (not kerbin)

marty_0001 wrote: »
    I just revert the flight to the construction stage, erasing all evidence

None can know of our failure

That was just a... uh... computer simulation of the flight... yeah.

At least that's what I tell myself while I'm stuffing some nameless redshirt into Commander Jebediah's tattered, burned, death-stinking flight suit and painting over the Tail Number on his old Lander Can.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Aw boo, screenshots from the SR4 Inauguration Station are automatically set to 'hidden' with no option to change it
    can't you just use your computers regular print screen function

2x39jD4.jpg
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    in my experience, the regular print screen doesn't always work with games, although I think maybe it's more likely to work in windowed mode

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    MrMonroe wrote: »

With 304 m/s remaining? Of course he did!

No actually once the fuel ran out he decided to get out and walk. Once the jet pack ran out of fuel, he resigned himself to orbiting kerbal (not kerbin)

I think you mean Kerbol?

Still, I'm surprised you got out of Mun's gravity well, let alone Kerbin's.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Aw boo, screenshots from the SR4 Inauguration Station are automatically set to 'hidden' with no option to change it
    can't you just use your computers regular print screen function

Well yeah sure, but I'm talking about the steam screenshot library functionality

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    For some reason my Saints Row profile password isn't working and when I send an email to reset it I never receive one. I kinda wanted to just import my SR3 character and make the changes from there instead of starting from scratch.

A lot of people are having that problem. It's apparently a result of the accounts switching over from THQ to Deep Silver.

Check the forums. There should be stickied topics in the troubleshooting boards that'll tell you to send them an email.

IKknkhU.gif
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    guacameleeeeeeeee

you are now at the top of my wishlist

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    What is guacamelee anyway?

steam_sig.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    What is guacamelee anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDwIFSMmrpg

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

Is there a way to import a character from a saved game? Because that's the version I want to go with.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Something I liked about SR3 was that you could literally access cheap plastic surgery within minutes of starting the game, which is great if you're unhappy with what you look like under actual game conditions and cutscenes.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    OH FUCK.

Spelunky.

Fuuuuuck.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    x1fc.jpg

Posted this in the other Steam thread. Get this game, it's amazing

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I can't endorse Guacamelee highly enough.

I mean, I could, but personal reviews aren't allowed in the forum, so take my word for it: it's simply one of the best Metroidvania platformers this year.

And I'm going to download so many custom costumes from the Workshop. I hope people go wild with it.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    more like guacamemelee

Antimatter on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    more like guacamemelee

it is

it is still really good though

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Guacamelee and Spelunky both look fantastic, as does Papers Please (games with meaning, yay etc)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Man I cannot figure out docking for the life of me.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    a

a luchadore themed metroidvania

oh my

So I sent up a resupply mission to the Kerbal International Space Station. Rendezvous went alright, I guess, I didn't have the right equipment on one of the vehicles to do an actual docking, but we EVA'd the transfer of personnel and materials just fine. We even had a party in the Crew Cabin module!

86C32C118E38013C3D26ED7704269CF0BD567FFE

08DA26C014B45AC5827C2D8D609E9657AC3D1992

So anyway the two new Kerbals are in place on the KISS and it's time for the return vehicle to make its descent.

Here's where I got to by thrusting retrograde until the vehicle was out of fuel:

0E1F830B11FA06F91C291A4E82E3C9498B3BA96C

So that's an unstable orbit, because the apoapse was falling every time I dipped into atmo for a few seconds, but at the rate it was going, it would have taken another couple hundred revolutions before they actually dropped out of orbit. I needed to bleed some 220,000m out of my apoapse somehow.

During a heated exchange with ground control over how they would get home before they ran out of food and oxygen, Lieutenant Commander Jack Kerman asks ground control, "Well, what the shit do you want us to do, Kouston? Get out and push?"

There is silence on the radio for a moment. Commander Richvis slowly turns his head to look at Lt. Cmd. Jack.

"What? What the fuck are you people staring about?"

Twenty two minutes later, once the ship had returned to its apoapse:

DA4CFD6CECC49B818C4168333AAC3F2665F87E8E

After returning inside after nearly running out of RCS fuel trying to get back to the lander, Jack breathlessly asks, "Did it work?!"

"Well, I've got good news and bad news, Jack."

75F473D6A5908D3E2E221B8780F7A003CE21A864

"The good news is you brought our Periapsis down enough to get a bit more of an atmo brake."

"What's the bad news?"

"Kouston thinks you'll have to get out and do that four more times in order to get us home within the window of survivability."

C4CE678C6D872B9222B0A84959F9E817DFEA0315

"FUUUCK THIIIS JOOOOOBBBB"

(in case anyone is wondering, you really can push objects around with your little RCS backpack. I turned the lander can retrograde and just pushed against the bottom with my jets as hard as I could. It could bleed a few thousand meters out of the periapsis at a time)

edited August 2013
    Yeah, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this.

C12723A71F78703EEE7855FE05A07F42EB39A752

Metalbourne on

heh

hehehehheheh

PiptheFair wrote: »

heh

hehehehheheh

sheeeeeit

C01366D2562E6A5A077C949DD0A93AB56B85D4ED

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Docking, like, the penis thing!

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    It might be time for Kerbal to get a thread of its own

PiptheFair wrote: »

heh

hehehehheheh

sheeeeeit

C01366D2562E6A5A077C949DD0A93AB56B85D4ED

HOW LEWD

Tube wrote: »
    It might be time for Kerbal to get a thread of its own

I'm on it

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Can't talk, playing XCOM.

• balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    related to deus ex: hr
    just got done with confronting taggart in the convention center.

regret investing a praxis point in the social manipulation augmentation or whatever it's called

i feel like the conversation battles are essential to the deus ex experience. since i'm practically going on rails (the hints provided by the HUD are just way too obvious), it feels like i'm cheating in some way.

i'm comforting myself on the notion that the creators of deus ex: hr intentionally implemented the conversation aug just to let us know how empty human interaction can feel if it's directed by algorithms and whatnot

edit: at the same time, i chose to invest in the conversation augmentation because i fear failure. now that i (or jensen) find myself to be able to convince people easily, the "victories" feel hollow. how poignant.

stellar work, eidos. you done good.

balerbower on
  • balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    another deus ex: hr rant
    i'm realizing that the choices you make when it comes to allotting your praxis points provides a whole meta-commentary that ties into the game's overall theme. please bear with me here.

i'm able to see through walls and track hostiles at the click of a button, thanks to my stealth augmentations. i can even cloak myself when the going gets tough. i've been able to take down anyone in my way without struggle. before, i thought the game was way too easy and felt disappointed at the fact. now i realize that the game's difficulty was completely up to me. i chose to make things easy. and this is the dilemma that's presented not only to me, the player, but to all those who live in the fictional world of deus ex: hr.

we always talk about certain games being "unbalanced." augmentations provide such an advantage that those who implement them can breeze through the game, while those who neglect them will probably have a much harder time. however, the player who stays "pure" is more likely to have a rewarding experience while those who gear up will have a forgettable one.

i'm pretty wasted and most likely, i'm overthinking things. but just wanted to share these pseudo-revelations with y'all.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

It's good to see some marketing for this, as Deep Silver's been an extremely poor publisher in that regard.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    That looks incredible

my only concern is that a lot of some of the stuff they talked about were features the X series didn't really need

walking around and going through vent shafts is kind of irrelevant to everything important about the X series

Not that I can pretend to know how the dev time for that game is rationed, but I'd really have rather they spent time balancing the most important game systems before introducing one which don't really make a huge difference. X3 was a hell of a game but also kind of a buggy mess with some super weird balance issues. (not hugely surprising given its scale)

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It really does look incredible though

the scale on all those structures is bonkers

This discussion has been closed.