Options

[Superhero Movies] James Spader, we would have words with thee.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    These panels from Injustice seems relevant to the recent talk.
    iKnH5m2.jpg
    SyewD5R.jpg
    wkflkze.jpg
    0akwzwJ.jpg
    wnKQmU7.jpg

I was thinking of cross-quoting that here. Thanks for saving me some time, Anti. :) I can't help but wonder if the editor for the comic saw what these panels could mean to fans and let it get printed anyway or if they simply didn't notice.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I am actually pretty bummed that the edition I bought does not include 2.1... But I may wind up buying the other editions and buying cases with space for extra discs and just going down my path of insanity.

Still don't find the need to buy Spidey 3 though. It would probably be worth it for me for the laughs. Even if it's a pretty bad movie, laughing at it gives it a good entertainment value, but I don't feel the same need to own it as I do with the first 2.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    At two movies a year, that's 12 unannounced films.

*fingers crossed*

Runaways...

Actually I think that's a really good possibility.

Like if there goal right now is create movies outside of the straight superhero genre they've been working in well, Guardians starts to make a whole lot more sense.

Its not about popular characters. They've proven you can take nonames and make them the hit. They've cornered the market on costumed Heroes now they need to ensure longterm viability for their studio. GotG is almost a straight sci-fi space opera and is a good start to expanding their ground.

They are already talking about Doctor Strange and that's all kinds of obvious in retrospect also. Mystical Wizard movie expands Marvel's ground just like GotG. I would then think that we can't make guesses based on how big the character is but how it adds to Marvels resume.

The Runaways Doctor Strange, Heroes for Hire and such sound a lot more likely then Captain Marvel or other pure Superheros at the moment.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The screenwriter for Runaways ended up working on Iron Man 3 since they liked his work on Runaways so much, it's just that they didn't feel the time was right for those characters to fit into their shared universe

But now that I've seen the trailer for Thor 2, stuff like the Gibborim doesn't seem so crazy anymore

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

*fingers crossed*

Runaways...

Captain Marvel...

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

*fingers crossed*

Runaways...

Captain Marvel...

Like I said before I kind of doubt it.

Marvel seems to want to push non-played straight Heroes and Captain seems like that to a tee. I'd imagine that they are left with only a few "Avengers" movies which means the Cap has a tough fight ahead. America and Thor probably both have 3rd movies prepared and ANtman is already taking one of those slots.

But then on the other hand I can't really think of an iconic Avenger that should be put before her so I guess we can hope. The first successful Lady Superhero movie would be a nice feather in their cap.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Captain Marvel and Black Panther both need movies badly

I'd much rather see a movie of either of them than Doctor Strange, honestly

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    doctor strange is magic iron man so of course he's getting a movie in between RDJ's two avengers appearances

but yeah cmon danvers and t'challa

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    doctor strange is magic iron man so of course he's getting a movie in between RDJ's two avengers appearances

but yeah cmon danvers and t'challa

I have to admit taking delight in the fact that people will probably be confused when Doctor Strange is actually addressed as Dr. Strange from the first scene. "Is this the final scene? Are there gonna be flashbacks?"

Shadowen on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    a slap in the face is an insult in a way mere assault isnt

The "that's for ...." line generally means someone is trying to physically harm another person in retribution for something. It would make sense for Jane to try to inflict as much damage as possible. Also, considering how Volstagg, Sif, and Thor already threatened Loki's life, having Jane hit Loki with a weapon rather than a slap would go to show that even among gods, she's not to be trifled with.

• Options
    a slap in the face is an insult in a way mere assault isnt

The "that's for ...." line generally means someone is trying to physically harm another person in retribution for something. It would make sense for Jane to try to inflict as much damage as possible. Also, considering how Volstagg, Sif, and Thor already threatened Loki's life, having Jane hit Loki with a weapon rather than a slap would go to show that even among gods, she's not to be trifled with.

But I mean

She is.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    A slap is suitable in a "that's for pretending to be my friend so you can steal from me" scenario, but not a "that's for killing thousands of people, destroying large chunks of a major city, and trying to conquer our planet" scenario.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    A slap is suitable in a "that's for pretending to be my friend so you can steal from me" scenario, but not a "that's for killing thousands of people, destroying large chunks of a major city, and trying to conquer our planet" scenario.

Thank you arbiter of appropriate punishments

It's perfectly fine in the context

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

*fingers crossed*

Runaways...

Captain Marvel...

Like I said before I kind of doubt it.

Marvel seems to want to push non-played straight Heroes and Captain seems like that to a tee. I'd imagine that they are left with only a few "Avengers" movies which means the Cap has a tough fight ahead. America and Thor probably both have 3rd movies prepared and ANtman is already taking one of those slots.

But then on the other hand I can't really think of an iconic Avenger that should be put before her so I guess we can hope. The first successful Lady Superhero movie would be a nice feather in their cap.

I'm...not so sure about that.

I mean, they are making a Doctor Strange movie, and that character works best when he is played straight.

And while Captain America and Thor both had a lot of humor in their movies, they didn't plant their tongues in their cheeks.

Once the MCU goes cosmic, I can totally see them teasing a Captain Marvel movie.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    These panels from Injustice seems relevant to the recent talk.
    iKnH5m2.jpg
    SyewD5R.jpg
    wkflkze.jpg
    0akwzwJ.jpg
    wnKQmU7.jpg

I was thinking of cross-quoting that here. Thanks for saving me some time, Anti. :) I can't help but wonder if the editor for the comic saw what these panels could mean to fans and let it get printed anyway or if they simply didn't notice.

Judging by some of the stuff they've printed in Injustice, I don't think anyone is looking at them at all before they go to the printers.

• Options
    This is a real, actual picture of Wonder Woman that actually got published in Injustice

dzvG4BJ.jpg

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Injustice is a digital comic, right? I think I heard that somehow they have different people in charge than the regular comics and so the people in charge of them might have been fine with firing shots at the people in charge of DC proper.

Of course, I may be wrong since Lil'Gotham is a digital comic but they still forced them to edit out a character who was dressed like Stephanie Brown (not even the actual Steph).

In other news, I think an assassin rigged my soda can. When I went to open it, I heard a strange cr-clink sound similar to what you hear in movies when someone sits on a bomb rigged under their car seat or something. Before I could think "What the-?" carbonated foam blasted out of the top and onto my desk. Seeing as the can had been sitting on my desk for a few minutes prior to being opened and hadn't been shaken in anyway, I'm not sure how this happened.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    you know he's dead or something but jeez green lantern takes care of himself. look at the definition on that butt

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Say what you will about Injustice but it certainly has it's moments. Like when Superman tries to tell the world via broadcast about Batman's secret identity but fails due to Batman shutting down the whole Watchtower, so someone comes up with an alternate plan...
    r7BFfaA.jpg
    guXmgbv.jpg
    p17qPjk.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    This is a real, actual picture of Wonder Woman that actually got published in Injustice

dzvG4BJ.jpg

in addition to the anatomical awfulness, that picture also shows how horseshit ugly the DC house style of colouring is right now

just fucking vomiting gradients all over the place

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    why would anyone believe that Superman

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    probably out of fear

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    the idea of superman tweeting "batman is bruce wayne" is hilarious

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Injustice has had some truly awful moments in it. Like the Dick Grayson - Damian Wayne fight being
    Damian petulantly throwing a stick at Dick and then Dick falling awkwardly and dying
    and
    Wonder Woman murdering Black Adam, apparently unaware that the character is still alive in the game. They awkwardly retconned it in the next issue.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I like Natalie Portman as much as the next guy but can we just have Thor be with Sif already

• Options
    Mark Strong seems to be hinting he might be playing Lex Luthor

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Someone leaked the first forty seconds of the DOFP teaser. Probably will get taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoaT-XdKpTA

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    why would they use the inception soundtrack for that? that's weird

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Snowbeat wrote: »

when they show stuff at a con they usually use placeholder music

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »

when they show stuff at a con they usually use placeholder music

weird!

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Well they won't have the actual score written for a while yet

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    To make it more obvious that it's not the official Score, all Con showings of upcoming Marvel films will now feature a music bed of "Who Let the Dogs Out" by smash sensation Baja Men

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Well they won't have the actual score written for a while yet

true!

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    I like that song. There's some nice guitar in it.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    http://comicsalliance.com/batman-the-brave-and-the-bold-james-tucker-michael-jelenic-ben-jones-interview/
    ComicsAlliance: Let’s start with the most important question. Whose idea was it to give Batman a laser sword?

James Tucker: That was my decision. There was no logic to it. He needed a weapon that we hadn’t seen before, and it was the kind of show where a laser weapon would work. He had a Batmobile that transformed into a plane and a boat. I knew he was going to have all this other stuff that was going to be teched out more than he’d ever had before in any other cartoon, and also, he was called The Dark Knight, so I thought he should have a laser sword.
    JT: It never does. That’s another thing. The only reason this show existed was to be a toyetic show, so all the other Batman shows I’ve worked on, Batman and Justice League, were rooted in a more realistic interpretation. We were always frustrating the toy company because we’d never give Batman the kind of thing they’d ask for, like a sword or a car that talked or whatever. I said, “If there’s one show that I’m going to produce that’ll have those things, or could have those things, it’ll be this one.” That’s how it came about, but I’m glad we did it even regardless of the toy connection. I thought it was a fun thing that looked really cool when he did not. Now, it feels like a no-brainer that he’d have a sword.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the best quote is
    CA: That’s something that comes up in the series finale too, that gets parodied with the Neon Talking Super-Street Bat-Luge.

JT: Our love-hate relationship with the toy company.

MJ: That’s an actual thing that was pitched by the toy company that our executive producer, Sam Register, drew the line on. We’ll accomodate the toy company, but the Neon Super-Street Bat-Luge was too far. It seemed fun to actually get that into an episode.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Mark Strong seems to be hinting he might be playing Lex Luthor

This is solid casting

Mark Strong is good at being menacing and/or sinister

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    ahhhhh diedrich bader
    CA: Did you know that you were going to make me literally have to choke back tears in public with it?

JT: I wish we could’ve shown it at Comic-Con.

MJ: Yeah, that would’ve been a good one. I’ll say, Diedrich Bader, who played Batman, he took the character as seriously as Batman took things in every episode. It wasn’t an ironic character for him. A lot of other actors may have taken that character and played him more ironic, but there were at least two occasions where Diedrich was reading lines for the show and he himself teared up.

JT: In “Chill of the Night.”

MJ: And he has that speech at the end of the Bat-Mite episode where he got a little choked up.

JT: The story is that his kids came to that recording. He has a son who’s really a comic book geek, Sebastian, and every time they bring Sebastian in, he’d sit and draw with me while I’d supervise the voice direction with Andrea Romano. They wrapped the last line, and as it’s recorded, this kid looks up and says “you did a great job” and hugs him. That was like… I could have cried then, but I had too many hands to shake. I literally misted up really bad. It was poignant, and the fact that it was a kid telling us we did a good job was all the validation that we needed. That’s really what it was for. A new generation of Batman fans, just coming in, and hopefully our show will expose them to all these other versions of Batman as they get older. It was just a really cool thing to be a part of. That’s my favorite episode as well.

Langly on
  • Options
    Shit I'm misting up right now

This discussion has been closed.