As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Adventure Time: 4 specials coming soon to HBO Max

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So I'm starting to catch up on Season 5

"THE END! MYYYY EEEEEEND"

what

dN0T6ur.png
    Ah man

Finn blew it

If this is what causes Flame Princess to break up with him, I can totally see why

You acted a dink, Finn

dN0T6ur.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I kept wondering why Bubblegum would keep rebooting the Lemongrabs. Its a foregone conclusion that he is a failed experiment and his explosion/death in the Lemonhope episodes should have been the end of it. Then I realized the cold truth.

Bubblegum probably keeps him around so that *her* subjects look at the way the lemon kingdom is ruled and realize that PB 'aint so bad to live under'...

I think ,to some extent, she feels responsible for him, because his misery is the result of her failure to create a more stable life form.

He's one of her earliest experiments, before she was any good at creating life, so I could see her having some attachment to him, despite all reason to the contrary.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Also, just watched the 2-parter.
    Prismo.... :(

Also, Finn's dad's a dick.

Also,ahahahaha at reborn baby lich being dropped off at Tree Trunks and Mr PIg.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Too many Jameses

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Too many Jameses

Or not enough medals!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Goatmon wrote: »

I thought it was pretty funny too, the lich baby being dropped off at Tree Trunks' place. Then I thought, really, what's the alternative?
    Drop him with the Ice King? Lemongrab? Bubblegum? I'm sure she'd love to have a lich baby around, for reasons entirely scientific in nature.

Tree Trunks and Mr Pig are probably the most stable parental figures Finn sees on any regular basis.

see317 on
    TankHammerLord_AsmodeusMichaelLCSpeed RacerBucketmanEdith Upwardsvegeta_666Zilla360masterofmetroid
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »

I thought it was pretty funny too, the lich baby being dropped off at Tree Trunks' place. Then I though, really, what's the alternative?
    Drop him with the Ice King? Lemongrab? Bubblegum? I'm sure she'd love to have a lich baby around, for reasons entirely scientific in nature.

Tree Trunks and Mr Pig are probably the most stable parental figures Finn sees on any regular basis.

And he's a good provider, bringing home the bacon every day.

NotoriusBENBeastehFirebirdLord_AsmodeusAndy JoeSpeed RacerBucketmanvegeta_666zekebeauZilla360
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    i love that tree trunks wants a divorce
    adopting an unearthly lich child will save my failing marriage! maybe

Beasteh on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i love that tree trunks wants a divorce
    adopting an unearthly lich child will save my failing marriage! maybe

You don't know what she was about to say. Maybe some other word that starts with the letter "d."

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Like maybe a Dirty Sanchez

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Nobody says diog. It started with a di-, rewatch the episode

Sweeney Tom on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Maybe she was about to say "We need a Diiiiilbert cartoon made out of our lives."

We need a dilletante to join us for a threesome. Who knows.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    dick?

Sweeney Tomvalhalla130Bucketman
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    It's Treetrunks, none of those would surprise me.

Xaquin
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    "Don’t you think there might be cameras down here?”

“I hope so."

Speed RacerAndy Joe
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    Treetrunks creeps me the hell out.

Even in the episode where Lemongrab eats pie out of a dead rats' mouth.

KaplarBucketmanTaskman
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Treetrunks creeps me the hell out.

Even in the episode where Lemongrab eats pie out of a dead rats' mouth.

Her little speech in Mystery Dungeon is the funniest thing on the show.
    "Yes, I'm getting a weird feeling in my stomach, and I think it's 'cause of you, Mr. Wizard you'd better fess up to whatever you're doing. I got no time for nobody dancing around and acting fool at my expense. I'm Tree Trunks and people know I'm kind and honest, that's why people like me. So stop sellin' fib-bibs and give it straight!"

Also, Shelby is the second funniest character in the episode.

valhalla130GrogSaraLuna
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    When I have kids, we're going to dress up as banana guards for Halloween. Just so we can run down the neighborhood with our arms out going "Wee-ooo wee-ooo wee-ooo wee-ooo!"

TankHammerXaquinvegeta_666SaraLuna
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i loved the gag of the bananaguard captain, standing in a crowd of identical bananaguards, not understanding the concept of clones

Bluedude152RainfallJayKaosFirebirdBucketmanSweeney TomMichaelLCLord_AsmodeusLindsay LohanMoth 13valhalla130Edith UpwardsCrimson KingPwnanObrienvegeta_666ErlecSeriouslyAndy JoeTaskmanZilla360masterofmetroidWeedLordVegetaKaplarAtari Soultynic
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I hadn't even thought of that

The "Okay who is captain this week" was pretty great as well

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Speed RacerRainfallBucketmanLord_Asmodeusvalhalla130Edith UpwardsPwnanObrienSeriouslyZilla360masterofmetroidWeedLordVegeta
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    if we all just had the same name

life would be a little easier

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    i loved the gag of the bananaguard captain, standing in a crowd of identical bananaguards, not understanding the concept of clones

Its even funnier when you realize modern banannas are basically clones already.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Speed RacerTankHammerLord_AsmodeusEdith Upwardsvegeta_666SeriouslyTaskmanZilla360masterofmetroidSanderJK
  • FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Swore that they ran that clone joke for half the episode, yet it never got old even once.

I think it's rather brilliant in its simplicity that children watching would actually get it.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
    I know I keep commenting on old episodes and I apologize for that

But I just got through Root Beer Guy and uh

You know I'm not really used to sexy roleplaying being in my children's cartoons. It's been since Rocko's Modern Life, at least

dN0T6ur.png
    Speed RacerTankHammerAbsurdProposition
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I know I keep commenting on old episodes and I apologize for that

But I just got through Root Beer Guy and uh

You know I'm not really used to sexy roleplaying being in my children's cartoons. It's been since Rocko's Modern Life, at least

at this point i'm convinced that penn ward has some scandalous photos of the head of cartoon network's standards and practices department

TankHammerZilla360
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Or they pull the trick Matt and Trey did with the South Park movie on the reg and the version of the show they originally submit for review every week is unfathomably filthy.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I was surprised they let the word "asexual" be used.

About Finn:
    Do you guys think that flower is going to grow into something at a dire moment? Or do you think he's just gonna have a flower nub?

they literally did an episode that was about finn manipulating his girlfriend to do things that would give him wet dreams about her

what other explanation can there be other than blackmail

HobnailNeoTomaZilla360
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The second thing

incidentally, i love the irony that once finn does something so horribly selfish and manipulative as to ruin his romantic relationship with FP forever, she finally gets cool enough that he can safely touch her

• FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Geez, what about the spooning scene from Love Games, or pretty much entirety of it?

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
    Firebird wrote: »
    Geez, what about the spooning scene from Love Games, or pretty much entirety of it?

that's pushing it but at least in that case they make it very clear that they are only talking about cuddling

Man

Even with all the Billy/Lich episodes

I think "Bad Timing" might be the darkest sample of Adventure Time I've ever seen

dN0T6ur.png
    Grog
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    speaking of billy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQCYHbuaQY

kind of amazing how everything described in there, finn ended up doing too one way or another. nice foreshadowing

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    GrogLord_AsmodeusBucketmanZilla360
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    okay just caught up on adventure time

i am loving realpolitik princess bubblegum

the whole season she's been getting progressively more unethical and machiavellian

Speed RacerTankHammerLord_AsmodeusAlucard6986TaskmanBucketmanZilla360Shazkar Shadowstormmasterofmetroid
    okay just caught up on adventure time

i am loving realpolitik princess bubblegum

the whole season she's been getting progressively more unethical and machiavellian

i'm honestly a little worried that finn gave that giant magic medallion back to her

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i mean, i don't think pb is actually a bad person

i do think she'll do whatever it takes to restore some semblance of order and sanity to the apocalyptic wasteland that is the land of ooo

like, she's not even slightly interested in personal power, she genuinely does just want to bring back civilization and make the world a better place

it's just that omelette requires breaking a few eggs

InvisibleInkZilla360
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    eventually finn and pb are going to have a falling out

and then shit will hit the fan

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Speed RacerInvisibleInkLord_AsmodeusTaskmanBucketmanZilla360masterofmetroid
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I think Finn knows PB lies. Remeemver what did I do? He questions her authority when it conflicts with his morals

As long as shes not actively hurting people though he seems fine with it

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.