As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adventure Time: 4 specials coming soon to HBO Max

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Getting caught up, man Music Hole is a fun episode. I feel like this was needed

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Intro for the the next season/ miniseries from the official facebook page-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68dkSmglu4Y

I guess Grass/Finn Sword is gonna hang out in Ooo while Finn and Jake go with Susan to find the other humans.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Yep. Cartoon Network announced Islands, an 8-part miniseries like the one done for Marceline. This one promises to finally solve the mystery of what happened to all the humans, while also digging into Finn's past, with him/Jake/BMO/Susan leaving Ooo and embarking on a quest across the ocean into new lands.

Begins on CN Jan 30, with a digital version available Jan 24 with animatics, art gallery, and song demos

• Options
    Oh that's way sooner than I thought too. Neat!

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Oh thank christ, I'll be able to get my fix soon!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hey roboarm!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Reminder:
    tumblr_oe8xa7Eujd1t0t09yo2_r2_1280.png

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    What a weird episode!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Oh no I've missed every episode this week!!

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    These are part of season 7 on the various digital services btw

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Scandalous hidden secrets revealed!
    Doctor Princess isn't actually a doctor!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im still not over rattleballs tbh

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Finally checking out the Islands mini series.
    Teehee. Marcline getting flirty with Susan.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Finally checking out the Islands mini series.
    Teehee. Marcline getting flirty with Susan.
    That's real good, Marcy's the best. Also boy does Islands go in hard with backstory and emotions.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Im still not over rattleballs tbh

Did you miss him? Hes in two swords

• Options
    ep 9
    HOW DID BEEMO GET ON THE MOON

• Options
    ep 12
    Martin didn't intend to abandon Finn. He had to split up, to save him.

Man. That's... wow.

I'm kinda messed up over this. I have some issues.

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    ep 12
    Martin didn't intend to abandon Finn. He had to split up, to save him.

Man. That's... wow.

I'm kinda messed up over this. I have some issues.
    It explains why Marten backslid so much and why he could never involve Finn in his life. Its tragic really.
    That said I enjoy that specific limb injuries run in the family

• Options
    Hoo boy, the last 2 episodes.
    Man. I think I'm gonna need some time to process all of this.

But oh man! Susan and Frieda, goin' off on an adventure! Yessssss.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Hmm. So...

(Islands spoilers)
    Finn's Mom, Minerva, was a doctor.
    "You grew up to be a helper, too..." Heh. Wow.

It's strange, now, to see how he takes after both his parents in his own way. Seeing how they turned out, I guess he got his boldness and fearlessness from Martin, and his unshakable humanity from Minerva. He's a mix of what's good about both of them, and it's really something special.

Martin was always a dipshit, but I honestly can't say he was a total coward, exactly. He just didn't really give a fuck about anyone. At least, not until he had Finn. And what Minerva did is straight-up heroism. She gave up her natural life (or what was left of it, anyway) so she could devote herself to taking care of everyone, for potentially forever.

I can't say I blame her for being desperate to keep Finn from leaving. Him and Martin disappearing played a part in how things almost completely fell apart, years ago. I'm so glad she was able to see reason, and things worked out okay. I was really worried that she'd double down, and Finn would be forced to stop her. And now he's got actual, biological family around. Or at least a digital version, whom he can actually go visit again, now that the guardian is shut down!

Man, I hope that its absence doesn't lead to something bad happening. Maybe Bubblegum can invent some way to contact the island. I hope so!

Family is so important, you guys. I've kind of had some issues with mine. My Dad in particular, who had a pile of unresolved problems that turned him into an abusive bag of dicks who pushed away everyone. I talked about that a bit in a post that got BOTP'd on page 29.

On that note, the end of episode 12 just wrecked me. Specifically, the reveal that Martin wasn't trying to run away or abandon Finn, but that he'd dug his own grave with his actions, and accidentally got Finn caught up in it. He wasn't even trying to leave the island! He just didn't have time to work out a better means of keeping Finn safe, and was forced to split up in order to protect him. God damn. I was straight-up crying. That shit was rough.

I'm really glad they gave us this storyline. This was really something special.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with the DVD releases? I have up through season 6 but then it splits off or something into miniseries? Can I get the Islands and Card Wars and Stakes DVDs and not have double episodes show up in later full season releases? And, if so, can I even watch any of those without spoiling season 7 or 8 or whatever?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The Card Wars disc is a random'ish compilation with episodes spanning seasons 4-7. so you already have most of it and the remainder will definitely be in the season 7 set whenever it comes out.

Stakes was an 8 episode arc that aired towards the start of season 7. Those episodes should be on the eventual season 7 set. there's nothing big picture spoiler-wise if you already finished season 6.

Islands is an 8 episode arc that just aired recently as part of season 8. It follows on directly from the events at the end of season 7/start of 8. If you're concerned about spoilers, skip it until you're completely caught up. (and again, it should be the season 8 full season set, but that won't be out for a long time)

(note: I say 'should' a couple times because there has been some mixed massaging about those miniseries being spinoffs or standalone. But they all have production numbers that put them in line with the standard episodes, so I would guess they will be on the full sets until they specifically say otherwise)

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with the DVD releases? I have up through season 6 but then it splits off or something into miniseries? Can I get the Islands and Card Wars and Stakes DVDs and not have double episodes show up in later full season releases? And, if so, can I even watch any of those without spoiling season 7 or 8 or whatever?

Island and Stakes will not be on the season releases theyre standalone miniseries . Card wars is a collection of random episodes not a season release iirc

Both miniseries take place after a specific episode. I cant remember for Stakes I think its after Orgalorg but Island takes place after "Do no harm"

King Riptor on
  • Options
  • Options
    Is the whole season going to be miniseries?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    the animation on that title card is a little too fluid n' high quality compared to the show, IMO

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Ooh, I sense an overload of crazy wizbiz coming our way.

S'gonna be trippy as you like!

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Is the whole season going to be miniseries?

Nope, just 8 episodes. Don't know when season 8 ends (besides "this year" because the final season starts in '18) but there's at least 3 more known episodes that aren't part of the miniseries

• Options
    Just asking because the season already started with two miniseries, didn't it? Or am I mixing stuff up?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It started with regular episodes, Islands was a few in.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Yeah, the first 6 episodes set up things with a new character and some other shenanigans, and 7-14 is the Islands Mini series.

Then we get a standalone ep that takes place right afterwards, followed by Elements which is 16-23.

In fact I just finished Elements part 2 (Bespoken For), and it steers disturbingly close to domestic violence territory.
    I've been unsettled and freaked out by some of the stuff in the show before, that's not a new feeling.

But god damn, seeing Betty trying (and failing) to conceal how increasingly mad she is with Ice King had me legitimately scared.

Like, holy fuck.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I've finally caught up on this show, finishing Elements this morning. There was...a lot going on there.
    Seeing both Ice King and LSP get a big focus as heroic characters was really nice to see. I dig Ice King's arc over the series, going from crazy wizard antagonist to sympathetic troublemaker to awkward ally.

The end definitely left a few things to come back to later. The Jake thing is obvious and I assume will be followed up on in the next episode, if Finn and Jake are featured. There's also Betty on Mars with Normal Man. And the one that interests me the most...

When Sweet Pea (who had been unaffected by the changes) gets hit with the wave of magic meant to restore everyone to their natural form, his second horn grows back....

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    I've finally caught up on this show, finishing Elements this morning. There was...a lot going on there.
    Seeing both Ice King and LSP get a big focus as heroic characters was really nice to see. I dig Ice King's arc over the series, going from crazy wizard antagonist to sympathetic troublemaker to awkward ally.

The end definitely left a few things to come back to later. The Jake thing is obvious and I assume will be followed up on in the next episode, if Finn and Jake are featured. There's also Betty on Mars with Normal Man. And the one that interests me the most...

When Sweet Pea (who had been unaffected by the changes) gets hit with the wave of magic meant to restore everyone to their natural form, his second horn grows back....
    There was another ominous hint, too.

Remember when Cuber was making his way through Ooo in the distant future? Well, he wound up escaping from being very briefly chased by what looked like an enormous Ice-King-looking beard monster.

That thing had Ice King's crown on, but it was missing a gem.

After that wave of magic in Elements, Ice King had a gem fall out of his crown that he quickly popped back in.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Yeah I wondered if there was something up with that bit.
    I actually didn't remember the thing with Cuber but somebody did just reference it on reddit, so now I know what they were talking about!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    any word on when more episodes are coming? probably not I guess?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Not yet, no

Scheduling has been by far the worst/most random part of following any show on Cartoon Network over the last few years

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Not yet, no

Scheduling has been by far the worst/most random part of following any show on Cartoon Network over the last few years

Unless you're following Teen Titans Go. In which case, you've been experiencing something of a golden age.

• Options

Not yet, no

Case in point, apparently there's a new episode every day this week at 7:45 PM Eastern. Very little advertising/hype for this

Good news at least if you have OnDemand: every episode is already on there to binge-view

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    new episodes of adventure time, or of teen titans go?

BahamutZERO.gif