As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adventure Time: 4 specials coming soon to HBO Max

1272829303133»

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I made myself sad again this morning thinking about the finale.
    like, beemo is the one that survived? The eternal good child has lost everyone he knew and loved.

Also the elementals are all reincarnated in the opening of the episode, but we see only some pink hands in a barred prison window in the ice kingdom.

And were the heck is Marcelline?
    Survived... the passage of time? I think he's found peace with his much longer lifespan. Also Finn's part of a reincarnation cycle, there's a version of him kicking around yet.

I mean
    Shermy is obviously Finn. Also technically a Finn is still alive in the sword .

Which sword?
    Wasn't Sword Finn turned into Fern? That's the source of Fern to begin with...

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    like, beemo is the one that survived? The eternal good child has lost everyone he knew and loved.

Also the elementals are all reincarnated in the opening of the episode, but we see only some pink hands in a barred prison window in the ice kingdom.

Survived... the passage of time? I think he's found peace with his much longer lifespan. Also Finn's part of a reincarnation cycle, there's a version of him kicking around yet.

I mean

Which sword?

Did you not see the finale?
    Finnsword is restored when they plabt Ferns remains

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I mean

Which sword?

Did you not see the finale?
    Finnsword is restored when they plabt Ferns remains
    I assume that Fern, being a Finn, has his own reincarnation cycle

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This was the show that my daughter and I have watched together since she was old enough to watch shows with me.

For Halloween we are gonna do one final sendoff for the show and all dress up like Adventure Time characters. We'll have:

Ice King - me
    Betty Grof -my wife
    Marceline - 9 year old
    Princess Bubblegum - 5 year old
    LSP - 6 mo old

Making it all ourselves. Here are a couple works in progress:
    Still missing the star and purple arms/legs on this one:
    t7ac16dzdf2r.jpg

And we gotta get her face painted pink, plus pink leggings and sleeves/gloves:
    ekvtza1b66h8.jpg

I'll post a full family shot once they are all done. I'm just so excited for our costumes this year I had to share!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Final Shots of the family during Halloween:
    hryq0ri7eiov.jpg
    oegxft2ps06m.jpg
    x5rf0a4kahwu.jpg
    e68fu0vabtul.jpg
    x0pvs5q5v33s.jpg

I was happy with how many people recognized us! It was almost all teenagers that knew who we were and geeked out. Glad we finally got to do this.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Hello again! I bet you thought you'd seen the last of this thread. Nope! Turns out

5k81t0kfutgu.jpeg

we're back for 4 hour-long specials in 2020, being made exclusively for HBO Max

BMO: When there’s a deadly space emergency in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, there’s only one hero to call. Usually it would absolutely be not BMO. Except this time it is!
    Obsidian: Marceline and Princess Bubblegum journey to the imposing, beautiful Glass Kingdom — and deep into their tumultuous past — to prevent an earthshaking catastrophe
    Wizard City: Peppermint Butler starts over at the beginning, as just another inexperienced Wizard School student. When mysterious events at the campus cast suspicion on Pep and his checkered past, can he master the mystic arts in time to prove his innocence?
    Together Again: Finn and Jake reunite to rediscover their brotherly bond, and embark on the most important adventure of their lives

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    WHAT

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    mathematical

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    huh, what the heck is HBO max though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    huh, what the heck is HBO max though

New Warner streaming service. They're unifying all their shit

• Options
    oh it's another streaming platform
    great
    well
    fuck I might sub for a month just to watch 4 hours of adventure time specials sure

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    mathematical

That is totally math.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    SO GODDAMN MATH.

ALGEBRAIC EVEN.

• Options
    great
    well
    fuck I might sub for a month just to watch 4 hours of adventure time specials sure

It's crunchyroll,HBO, cartoon network,DC universe and a lot of warner back catalog stuff for 15 bucks. So it actually condenses a lot of services

• Options
    great
    well

It's crunchyroll,HBO, cartoon network,DC universe and a lot of warner back catalog stuff for 15 bucks. So it actually condenses a lot of services

Also in addition to bringing back Adventure Time for four hours, they're bringing back The Boondocks for two seasons with McGruder involved

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Man, I just finished watching this series all the way through for the first time last week.

I don't want to say it's because of me this all happened, but I'm not not saying that either.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    great
    well

Oh cool, I already subscribe to 2 of those for more then that price so hey, this is great for me!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Is there a streaming service available in Canada where I could watch Adventure Time? I have a lot of catching up to do; haven't watched the show since Flynn was building a tower into space

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Is there a streaming service available in Canada where I could watch Adventure Time? I have a lot of catching up to do; haven't watched the show since Flynn was building a tower into space

Doesn't appear like you're able to stream the full show anywhere. The Elements season is on Hoopla, but that's it

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    back when it was still airing I watched most of it streaming on cartoon network's site via providing proof I got cartoon network on my teevee service, dunno if that is still a thing or was ever a thing in canada though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Cartoon Network just doesn't want money. I know people would have a service just to have access to their shows in order, available to stream whenever. They never even bothered to put out dvd sets of a lot of their popular shows

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    WIZARDS RULE, NERDS!

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J9V7JxxA-k

I guess thats another streaming service I'll have to pay for

• Options
    The BMO special is available today

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    That Adventure Time Pirate game on the PS4 is pretty fun.

It is turn based though.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

It is turn based though.

After a certian point it is a slog

• Options
    The BMO special is available today

Just saw it today. It's delightful. Definitely give it a shot if you have access to the service. My mental description of these as the Adventure Time OVAs was correct so far, based on just this first one (highish budget, inessential fun times of under movie length).

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

It is turn based though.

After a certian point it is a slog

I kinda think it should have been more like Zelda, but turn based fits the group dynamic of the show.

• Options
    Never stop making rude gay cartoons.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Peebles and Marcy adventures. I am down like a foot kissing clown.

• Options
    Fionna & Cake getting their own HBO Max show https://deadline.com/2021/08/adventure-time-fionna-cake-series-order-at-hbo-max-1234816460/
    In the ten-episode series, the duo explore their relationship and the mysterious land of Ooo. Fionna and Cake – with the help of the former Ice King, Simon Petrikov – embark on a multiverse-hopping adventure and journey of self-discovery. All the while a powerful new antagonist (determined to track them down and erase them from existence) lurks in the shadows.

• Options
    Its the land of Aaa dangit!

• Options
    Fionna & Cake getting their own HBO Max show https://deadline.com/2021/08/adventure-time-fionna-cake-series-order-at-hbo-max-1234816460/
    In the ten-episode series, the duo explore their relationship and the mysterious land of Ooo. Fionna and Cake – with the help of the former Ice King, Simon Petrikov – embark on a multiverse-hopping adventure and journey of self-discovery. All the while a powerful new antagonist (determined to track them down and erase them from existence) lurks in the shadows.

Why would they need to be erased from existence, the show was extremely firm on the point that they do not exist and never have? I guess the first episode will make them real? Or maybe they're brought to life in that fourth special? Kind of letting the cat out of the bag, if the latter.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Maybe someone wants to delete all the fanfiction the Ice King wrote