STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC F2P!For when you just gotta have that genuine space opera RPG feel and don't mind shelling out a few hundred thousand credits on the GTN or a few bucks on the Cartel market for pretty space princess clothing and Tauntaun mounts.This is the SWTOR MMO thread wherein we continue to roll alts, crush warzones, share stories of roleplaying joy and LFG sorrow and post spoilers in spoilers.Have a comprehensive video that explains a lot of the game's mechanics, story stuff (no spoilers) and the nature of F2P and SWTOR. For more specific inquiries, ask in the thread and one of the PA regulars can give you answers.
PA peeps that play are easy to find in this thread and frequent the servers The Shadowlands
and Jedi Covenant
. There might be one or two others active on other servers but the main people who still play are on both factions on those servers. That's not to say there's a lot of us, but we are still enjoying the game's stories and rolling alts as well as PvPing and LFGing it up.
The launch PA guilds on Shadowlands are both defunct, mostly the Republic one, but Remarkable Circumference merged with a pub guild on the Imp side a while back and still has some PA peeps in it as well as players who semi regularly run flashpoints and Ops. Ask in thread for specifics on an invite.NEW: Some helpful tips for starting out in the new Galactic Starfighter PvP minigame:
Agent Jellico's tips:
- Manage your crew, make sure you have the crew members that give the best boosts to each ship, of those crew you can pick one that is your co-pilot and gives you an additional ability.
- Make sure you fly the tutorial, you can access that by clicking the question mark top right of the hangar window
- Before you finish the tutorial practise flying close to the satellites to capture them and to get a feeling for the controls.
- When using blasters you need to bullseye the center of the circular target reticule. It's an extremely small target, so it will be tricky to pick up.
- When trying to dogfight, you can slow your ship (by pressing S) to give yourself a tighter turn.
- When turning to catch someone, get ready to move your mouse to center just before the hit the screen so you don't overshoot and you get another precious second of cannon/lock on time.
- Cluster missiles are the dogfighting missiles of choice. Short lock on time, plenty of ammo, drawbacks are low damage and short range.
- If you're flying a strike fighter get some Ion cannons. They do great damage Vs shields, then you can swap to cannons or missiles to crack the hull.
- Check out some of the upgrade abilities too. Ion cannons drain engine power at level 4, Concussion missiles can get a slow effect at level 5, gunship ion rails are nasty.
- Save your fleet requisition for new ships at first. My personal favourite is the S-13 Sting/Flashfire