As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] - The thrilling F2P adventures of Henroid, Bounty Hunter and snappy dresser.

• Options
    Fixer40000Fixer40000 Registered User regular
    I looted the Jedi's most sacred artefacts from their fortified homeworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt.

Have left PA forums.
    If this community believes that hating someone based soley upon their gender is acceptable and understandable, I have no interest in being a part of it.
  • Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Acharenus wrote: »
    Just finished up the new dungeons, didn't end up rolling on any vanity gear tokens (as in they didn't appear to drop) but had one in my inventory at the end.

Empire side is left in the dark after the operation we sacked tython and freed korriban but it didn't feel like a win. Maybe republic are clued in on the wider game being played here.

Yeah, I could use some story spoilers myself on the new FPs seeing as I'm currently unable to use my regular PC.

If you know the names of the new instances you know as much as me there's only a vague hint at the larger game for empire side:
    There was an artifact on Tython that the dark Councillor (military offense sphere, Darth Arkous) that sends you there orchestrated the whole attack to find, Not sure if it was even there...the republic attacked korriban the implication was there strike force was sacrificed to achieve whatever it is they did there. Darth Arkous has been monitoring Darth Marr's actions, whether that's just sith being sith or related is anyone's guess. There's one other thing, there's a force user (Darth Arkous most trusted adviser, Lana Beniko) who senses something immense twisting within the force an incredible threat to the empire

Edit: Forgot some force related stuff you're filled in on.

Acharenus on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Just finished up the new dungeons, didn't end up rolling on any vanity gear tokens (as in they didn't appear to drop) but had one in my inventory at the end.

You get one as a quest reward everytime you complete the FP, whether you get any of the drops or not.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Just the second one?

I only ended up with the one, so I assume so...or was it only the one free from the story quest?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Just the second one?

I only ended up with the one, so I assume so...or was it only the one free from the story quest?

Sorry, let me rephrase

Every time you complete Kuat Drive Yards or either of the two new FPs, you get 1 reputation token (they're on different reputation tracks though, I think). If you do any one of those you get the token. So you can grind the rep by doing them over and over even if you never get any drops.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I was talking about the recovered relics you trade in for vanity gear. I've gotten no reputation tokens from the new ones, and just finished up the korriban mission again.

No recovered relic drop or reward, every where I've read is annoyingly vague on just how they're rewarded.

• Options
    Fixer40000Fixer40000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I didn't see any rep items either. I think it's down to looted artefacts in much the same manner as KDY construction kits.

Kind of dissapointed that they didn't make this tactical flashpoint avaiable to 15+ like they did with KDY though. Would have added some variety to the level grind.

On the plus side though, I like the way the Empire storylines still seem so relevant to the Imperial Agent. That little bit at the end seemed to be purpose built for my character.
    Interested to see where this is all going of course. Really, as a story focused game they should be adding in little bits like this every couple of months.

Also they've added an unfurling sound effect to the new compact sniper rifle in this patch. Nice.

Fixer40000 on
    Have left PA forums.
    If this community believes that hating someone based soley upon their gender is acceptable and understandable, I have no interest in being a part of it.
  • Options
    I was talking about the recovered relics you trade in for vanity gear. I've gotten no reputation tokens from the new ones, and just finished up the korriban mission again.

No recovered relic drop or reward, every where I've read is annoyingly vague on just how they're rewarded.

Ok sorry, I misinterpreted. And you're right, no reputation rewards either, it doesn't work the way Kuat Drive yards does. I wonder if it's glitched? I don't know how you receive reputation for them at all.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Done 5 runs no relic drops...I suspect you earn one daily. They can be mailed to your other toons as well.

Also watching people scrambling to rip people off with the new dread forged craftables is funny, the one guy Who's name I latched onto went from wanting 5 mill to 1 in about an hour and a half.

Acharenus on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Due to my internet didn't get a lot of play time tonight so I decided to play my Bounty Hunter since she was level 10 and ready for a Black Talon run.

Whelp rest exp+exp boost=2 levels on one run. Not complaining. I went Merc and planning to heal with her. I just like the look of Merc healing.

Also I forgot how fun watching a BH fight is. The abilities are so varied compared to my Sith which is light saber with a side of light saber.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Done 5 runs no relic drops...I suspect you earn one daily. They can be mailed to your other toons as well.

Also watching people scrambling to rip people off with the new dread forged craftables is funny, the one guy Who's name I latched onto went from wanting 5 mill to 1 in about an hour and a half.

I saw one relic drop during the 5 runs I did today (I didn't win it). Also one pet dropped (also didn't win it). At least the story gave one. But this is going to be a friggin' hard grind to get that gear set I want. I'd have preferred a reputation grind similar to what Kuat does, even though Kuat is kind of annoying, too.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Oh my god, Darth Zhorrid is literally the worst. Like on many levels. Anyway, my Operative has some snazzy formal Imperial uniform going on. I had to capture it.

agent2_zps88023261.jpg

agent1_zps1b79fcf1.jpg

PS - He seduced a Twi'lek for information because why not.

I've always found an issue with the Agent wearing Imperial uniforms all the time. He's primarily either under cover or being a double agent throughout the entire story, so the idea of him being sneaky in full Imperial regale is SILLY. But it is what the game gives you.

My agent being a sniper, I had to eventually find him a black trenchcoat to wear. And no matter what kind of agent you are, always wear the Imperial cap. Those are bitchin.

You should let Cambiata tell you about those encrypted datacubes.
    (Unfortunately no cap though.)

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Boarding the Aurora on my Bounty Hunter. I feel like the shit is gonna hit the fan.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Boarding the Aurora on my Bounty Hunter. I feel like the shit is gonna hit the fan.

I'm not gonna spoil anything for chapter 2 or 3...except to say that no, it does not.

This is when the shit starts flying. It doesn't hit the fan for a bit.

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    I have a question about DF HM, 2nd boss (Draxus).
    Specifically the dismantelers.
    Most seems to let a dps get the debuff, and then have the tank taunt them.

My question is,
    is there any reason why you would want a specific dps to get the debuff?
    I.e. is there a reason for other dps to hold back their damage output, to ensure that they don't 'pull agro' off the designated dps?

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Fixer40000 wrote: »

Also they've added an unfurling sound effect to the new compact sniper rifle in this patch. Nice.

Sold!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Okay so what's this thing I got as a reward, something about an inherited weapon. I checked out the vendor that accepts this - it's like purple quality, but has shit stats. What gives?

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

I saw one relic drop during the 5 runs I did today (I didn't win it). Also one pet dropped (also didn't win it). At least the story gave one. But this is going to be a friggin' hard grind to get that gear set I want. I'd have preferred a reputation grind similar to what Kuat does, even though Kuat is kind of annoying, too.

I can still hope you get one daily...and cry when that isn't the case, I have three 55's though so I can at least reduce the amount I need for the chest.

• Options
    It's a good thing I decided to press on with my Bounty Hunter. Finishing Chapter 1 really helped my motivation to play him still. I'd been heavily looking at being a tank spec'd Powertech and I have a free character slot. But that can wait. I have a Mako to swoon.

By the way, best part about leaving Alderaan as a Bounty Hunter.
    When you're given legal authority to make a decision about local politics. I just walked out without giving an answer because fuuuuuuuck Alderaan.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Okay so what's this thing I got as a reward, something about an inherited weapon. I checked out the vendor that accepts this - it's like purple quality, but has shit stats. What gives?

it's poorly explained, but you're meant to send the token to an alt to redeem. The weapons are nice enough for a level 12-ish alt for a few levels, but not really that useful anyway

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Holy shit just noticed a neat update from the patch: item mods no longer have three different ratings, only two--the "Commando Barrel n" rating and their armor/weapon rating, getting rid of the bracketed numbers that showed when you moused over an item with slotted mods (or rather, having them reflect their rating in relation to armor/weapon ratings).

Shadowen on
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I have a question about DF HM, 2nd boss (Draxus).
    Specifically the dismantelers.
    Most seems to let a dps get the debuff, and then have the tank taunt them.

My question is,
    is there any reason why you would want a specific dps to get the debuff?
    I.e. is there a reason for other dps to hold back their damage output, to ensure that they don't 'pull agro' off the designated dps?

Only that it makes the damage more predictable for the healers to manage. They're going to get smacked for 15-20k by the knockback.

edit: also the designated DPS can position themselves for maximum knockback distance. If somebody pulls aggro and gets knocked back in the wrong direction they could hit a wall or the stairs before going far enough that the tank has time to taunt off before they get killed by the follow-up hit.

DivideByZero on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so I'm trying to do the Bounty Contracts. And I'm wondering if this is a solo issue or equipment issue.

Is it remotely possible to take on Champions solo? This one seemed to level scale...and I've had trouble with ones that were like a few lvls below me in the past.

• Options

it's poorly explained, but you're meant to send the token to an alt to redeem. The weapons are nice enough for a level 12-ish alt for a few levels, but not really that useful anyway

Well that's disappointing. "Congratulations on this milestone! Play a different character!"

Is the Hutt expansion thing available to F2P users or is it something that must be purchased? Can it be purchased with cartel coins? I have like 200 somehow.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

Well that's disappointing. "Congratulations on this milestone! Play a different character!"

Is the Hutt expansion thing available to F2P users or is it something that must be purchased? Can it be purchased with cartel coins? I have like 200 somehow.

Had to edit this. Rise of the Hutt Cartel WAS a paid for expansion for everyone, but now it looks like it's free for subscribers. That must've changed after I already bought it, oh well.

Also the Cartel Coins you have are probably from amassing achievements in the game, which give you a small bonus though nothing serious. I believe the Hutt Cartel expansion is cash only, but it's also meant to be done after the main story, so you have a while to worry about that.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options

Had to edit this. Rise of the Hutt Cartel WAS a paid for expansion for everyone, but now it looks like it's free for subscribers. That must've changed after I already bought it, oh well.

Pretty sure you still have to pay for it if you are F2P or premium and have never been a subscriber, if you subscribe you automatically get it. So the latter is a better deal.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    so I'm trying to do the Bounty Contracts. And I'm wondering if this is a solo issue or equipment issue.

Is it remotely possible to take on Champions solo? This one seemed to level scale...and I've had trouble with ones that were like a few lvls below me in the past.

Are you max level? If so it's an equipment issue.

Or did you mean the weekly kingpins? You need tip-top gear to solo those.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    nah I'm just 26

I was able to help a lvl 18 with his . It was the pain the ass , Ord Mantell one... (so a bit of a pity considering how hard it was to find it)

Egos on
  • Options
    get ye flask group

• Options

Pretty sure you still have to pay for it if you are F2P or premium and have never been a subscriber, if you subscribe you automatically get it. So the latter is a better deal.

No, it's free for everyone now, sub or not. I'm pretty sure.

• Options

I am able to solo champions on my 55s. However, my 55s are geared for hard mode progression operations, and that is probably the reason I can do that. I think if you just have 69s or below, then you'd need at least 1 partner to help you.

• Options
    hmm I'm just seeing the "free to subscribers" and the $19.99 price for f2p players on the store page.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    hmm I'm just seeing the "free to subscribers" and the $19.99 price for f2p players on the store page.

You don't lose access when your sub expires.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    ah I see, you're right. It's free to subscribers. So sub for a month and it's yours, or just buy it outright (prob cheaper to sub a month)

• Options
    edited April 2014
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

You don't lose access when your sub expires.

;-)
    though I suppose I could have explained in detail what I meant. Think others covered it earlier when talking to Henroid

Egos on
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

Empire side is left in the dark after the operation we sacked tython and freed korriban but it didn't feel like a win. Maybe republic are clued in on the wider game being played here.

Yeah, I could use some story spoilers myself on the new FPs seeing as I'm currently unable to use my regular PC.

If you know the names of the new instances you know as much as me there's only a vague hint at the larger game for empire side:
    There was an artifact on Tython that the dark Councillor (military offense sphere, Darth Arkous) that sends you there orchestrated the whole attack to find, Not sure if it was even there...the republic attacked korriban the implication was there strike force was sacrificed to achieve whatever it is they did there. Darth Arkous has been monitoring Darth Marr's actions, whether that's just sith being sith or related is anyone's guess. There's one other thing, there's a force user (Darth Arkous most trusted adviser, Lana Beniko) who senses something immense twisting within the force an incredible threat to the empire

Edit: Forgot some force related stuff you're filled in on.

Just to add to this with some mail my marauder received:
    The emperor lives, and my loyalty will soon be tested. Personally I'm not on the side of the galaxy destroying megalomaniac...but my character doesn't know that so I'm a bit torn there

• Options
    I've done the story mission for the two new FPs on 7 characters now. (I wanted the recovered relics and the only guaranteed way to get them is by completing the story mission), and I have to say that while the FPs themselves are tedious, the story mission is pretty well done. I like the new characters they introduced to both factions, I like the mystery introduced, and I enjoyed the emails at the end from class story characters.

• Options
    I just had a pop-up say I'm close to my 200,000 credits cap. I thought it was higher than that.

• Options
    I just had a pop-up say I'm close to my 200,000 credits cap. I thought it was higher than that.

Did you buy something cheap from the cartel market to put yourself into preferred status instead of regular F2P? Regular F2P has a lower credit cap.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Just spend $5.

Its not that much and the difference in game experience is massive.

This discussion has been closed.