As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] - The thrilling F2P adventures of Henroid, Bounty Hunter and snappy dresser.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    So just a bit of catch-up here on my characters, but behind spoilers since story discussion stuff may be included.

Inquisitor
    Got him to level 20 and just about to take off for Balmorra. Double XP weekend sure did help the progress. I'm digging the Lightning tree as a sorcerer. It's just so straight-forward and very WoW-player friendly in understanding what benefits you most. I'm not a fan of my big hulking tank though. Which sucks because I'll need him to survive. I'm trying to play the character as reluctantly Sith, as the slave-start to the story implies. But I'm also trying to play him as having been educated and wanting to pursue an education on the Force, which leans him Light side. I don't think I made any Dark Side decisions yet. He's not snappy at his current master either, because she treated him fairly. He's not going to get into a useless power struggle.

[/spoiler]

Poor guy. I'm awaiting your inevitable corruption.

The inquisitor is the hardest guy for me to rationalize Light side choices for after the first chapter. It's a wonderful story though.

Having not played a male inquisitor, I think its entirely possible that the voice actress is the reason dark side inquisitor is so much fun. That lady's sass is perfect.

it seriously is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDA68CF3TU

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    And so ends Double XP Weekend 2: the Doubled Doubling. Made some progress on my Scoundrel (now level 36) and hit a milestone, so for the final hour and a half I worked on my Shadow in Nar Shaddaa. She's now level 27, so she can wear the silly hat she made a few weeks ago.

Shadowen on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Just made it to Quesh on my Bounty Hunter. I like that the approach in going to it wasn't all super-serious, which is a breath of fresh air. I mean, Quesh's atmosphere isn't. But y'know.

Also cool to have a decent sized crew on my ship now. I hope the party-wide discussions are more frequent.

Edit - Oh yeah got another character slot since the money is rolling in pretty damn well now. So I can have one of each character (though not on the same server).

Edit Edit - What's the cap on characters per server?

Henroid on
  • Fixer40000Fixer40000 Registered User regular
    I think there's a cap of 12 per server... but they may have removed that with the Cartel coin thing.

Have left PA forums.
    If this community believes that hating someone based soley upon their gender is acceptable and understandable, I have no interest in being a part of it.
    Fixer40000 wrote: »
    I think there's a cap of 12 per server... but they may have removed that with the Cartel coin thing.

22 for subs, 16 for preferred. Possibly 12 for F2P?

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I picked this back up today. Is the Shadowlands guild still around? If so, Sabeta would like an invite :smiley:

Also if I were to drop a few bucks on the store, what's the best stuff for mainly story mode leveling?

Republic or Empire side?

Honestly, the guild is pretty just me most nights on Empire side. Occasionally I'll see someone else pop on and once or twice a week a couple real life friends pop on.

So if you want a real guild, I'd suggest looking somewhere else.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So if I recently came back to the game and spent some of the thousands upon thousands of cartel coins on some of the iconic Jedi/sith gear sets. That's still one use only right? I can't use them for a while on one character, then ship them off to another later on?

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    So if I recently came back to the game and spent some of the thousands upon thousands of cartel coins on some of the iconic Jedi/sith gear sets. That's still one use only right? I can't use them for a while on one character, then ship them off to another later on?

That depends, did you unlock them in your collection? If so then yeah, you can spawn those sets on as many characters and as many times as you want. You can make your entire crew wear the same outfit if you wish.

If you asking can you send them over mail, with mods installed, after having used them, the answer is no. The gear that can do that is legacy gear, which you can't buy with cartel coins.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It was the collections part that still eluded me. I remember hearing something about a big list of gear that you can unlock and just make new copies of whenever you wanted another set, but didn't know you had to pay another surcharge for that, I just thought it was added automatically once the items were in your inventory.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    It was the collections part that still eluded me. I remember hearing something about a big list of gear that you can unlock and just make new copies of whenever you wanted another set, but didn't know you had to pay another surcharge for that, I just thought it was added automatically once the items were in your inventory.

Once you have used the gear on a character, then that character can spawn new, bound sets of the gear indefinitely.

It's only if you want other characters to use the gear that it costs cartel coins.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Also wearable gear only gets unlocked in collections if you have worn the entire set on a character. So if you buy the valiant jedi armor, and only wear the robe and leg plates, it doesn't get unlocked - you have to wear the boots, gloves, belt, all of it for it to be unlocked in collections.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Blew from 24-50 over the double xp weekend. The only downside is that I'm deadass broke after training (and still need some things) and only had enough planetary comes to buy a few of the Makeb/50 mods to get started gearing.

• QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    So just a bit of catch-up here on my characters, but behind spoilers since story discussion stuff may be included.

Inquisitor
    Got him to level 20 and just about to take off for Balmorra. Double XP weekend sure did help the progress. I'm digging the Lightning tree as a sorcerer. It's just so straight-forward and very WoW-player friendly in understanding what benefits you most. I'm not a fan of my big hulking tank though. Which sucks because I'll need him to survive. I'm trying to play the character as reluctantly Sith, as the slave-start to the story implies. But I'm also trying to play him as having been educated and wanting to pursue an education on the Force, which leans him Light side. I don't think I made any Dark Side decisions yet. He's not snappy at his current master either, because she treated him fairly. He's not going to get into a useless power struggle.

[/spoiler]

Poor guy. I'm awaiting your inevitable corruption.

The inquisitor is the hardest guy for me to rationalize Light side choices for after the first chapter. It's a wonderful story though.

Having not played a male inquisitor, I think its entirely possible that the voice actress is the reason dark side inquisitor is so much fun. That lady's sass is perfect.

it seriously is the best

My friends always refer to the Inquisitors as being Masters of the Snark side of the Force. ;)
    Just made it to Quesh on my Bounty Hunter. I like that the approach in going to it wasn't all super-serious, which is a breath of fresh air. I mean, Quesh's atmosphere isn't. But y'know.

Also cool to have a decent sized crew on my ship now. I hope the party-wide discussions are more frequent.

I won't lie, Quesh is a slog. It's one of the most boring areas in the game, even beating out Tattoine. But it is mercifully short if you disregard the world story, which begs to be skipped.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Yeah, the whole purpose of Quesh is really just to give a bit of leveling if needed between the first Act 2 world and Hoth. From what I heard, a lot of people were finishing the first Act2 world 1 or 2 levels under the Hoth minimum during one of the early portions of Beta, so Quesh was added to even it out.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Fixer40000Fixer40000 Registered User regular
    I still think Quesh would make a fantastic name for a soft drink.

Have left PA forums.
    If this community believes that hating someone based soley upon their gender is acceptable and understandable, I have no interest in being a part of it.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Bounty Hunter on Quesh.
    Okay, I was pleased as shit at what happened when I went in for that meeting. I like the idea that SIS is after me now.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Bounty Hunter on Quesh.
    Okay, I was pleased as shit at what happened when I went in for that meeting. I like the idea that SIS is after me now.

Yeah, of all the class stories that happen on Quesh, I think BH is the best.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Finished up the Knight story over the weekend, thus finishing the last class story for me. I'm gonna run through Republic Makeb since I've never finished it, but after that I guess there's not a whole lot left for me to do.

I did see they added a push ups rest animation which kinda makes me want to roll a trooper...

Finished up the Knight story over the weekend, thus finishing the last class story for me. I'm gonna run through Republic Makeb since I've never finished it, but after that I guess there's not a whole lot left for me to do.

I did see they added a push ups rest animation which kinda makes me want to roll a trooper...

"Drop and give me eleventy!"
    "That's not a real number, sir."
    "You're on a ship traveling faster than light through a parasite dimension where math doesn't exist, soldier!"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I just met Blizz. :3

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Blizz is probably the best companion there is. And even with strong competition from Mako, he's probably the best BH companion too.

488W936.png
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Blizz is easily the best BH companion, probably the best Imperial companion and almost the best companion in the game. Dudes just cool.

Love me some Guss though.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Blizz is easily the best BH companion, probably the best Imperial companion and almost the best companion in the game. Dudes just cool.

Love me some Guss though.

I just wish ....

1. That you got Guss much, much sooner.
    2. That he wasn't a healer, so that my Sawbones Scoundrel would have a reason to keep him around.

55 on my Powertech.

Let's see if I can take my Sorcerer from 54 to 55 by the end of the night.

I don't know how many people on here besides me do operations on TOR, but: when they added Nightmare mode Dread Fortress, the nightmare mode mechanics accidentally got added to both story mode and hard mode. In addition to which Dread Palace has some of what appear to be nightmare mode mechanics bleed as well, despite the fact that there is no nightmare mode for that operation yet. They don't plan to fix this until 2.7.1, and since 'major' patches are set at 3 week intervals, that means 2 more weeks before those bugs get fixed.

On the plus side, I got invited to a hard mode pug last night, not a guild run but still full of people who know how to play the game and have really good raid awareness. It was rad.

• kmzkmz Registered User regular
    Huh... I hadn't heard that there were bleedovers in DF as well. I know Tyrans has a bugged probable NiM mechanic right now.

Hey, those achievements that kick out 20 cartel coins.

Is that once-per-account, or once-per-server?

Once per server.

Shadowen wrote: »

Once per server.

Sorcerer to 55. Every character I've taken through chapter 3 is now 55. That's 6 in total.

Level 45 legacy.

Finally put together enough elite comms for a toon to buy my first piece of 168 gear.

Been a good day.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I somehow only just realized that there are 'mood' items now

you mean my sorc can be 'snide' all the time? :rotate:

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • kmzkmz Registered User regular
    The mood items are all pretty silly, and unfortunately they reset after any instance change, so I don't use them very often.

So for a fresh 50, is the conventional wisdom to drop everything, go to Makeb, and hit 55 doing it? I'm a little overwhelmed by how many places want me to go there now (Belsavis, X, Black Hole, etc...), not to mention that I still need to actually finish my story on Corellia.

Do most people just cap then come back and do the earlier stuff for cash/if they feel like it?

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Honestly, how I've done it is finish up class story, then run ilum up to the flashpoints, ideally by then you hit 52 and can pick up the macrobinoc/seeker droid quests, and more than likely hit 55 before ever setting foot on Makeb.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    I try to finish my class story before anything else. But beyond that, do what you want. Some people run operations to get from 50 - 55, my guild brought along a guildie's alt that way.

Section X, Black Hole and those kind of areas are good for a quick credit infusion.

Ilum and Makeb are good if you're more interested in seeing more story.

Macrobinoculars and seeker Droid missions lead to some fun heroics, and when finished give you those two items as permanent skills to that character.

Sounds good, thanks. Cleaning up the story and starting to learn all the available dailies feels like more fun than Makeb (I've already seen it once). I can always go plow through Makeb afterwards.

• AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Macrobinoculars and seeker Droid missions lead to some fun heroics, and when finished give you those two items as permanent skills to that character.

Just picking up the quests...or any quest that requires them gets you the items to use. And they end in 4-player heroics that almost no one does anymore.

Acharenus wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »

Just picking up the quests...or any quest that requires them gets you the items to use. And they end in 4-player heroics that almost no one does anymore.

Yeah but then you have those missions in your quest log foreverrrrrr.

And despite adding new weekly missions every other patch, they haven't increased the amount of missions you can have at once.

edited April 2014
    If you're interested in the story of the game, once you hit level 50, the (non-class) story seems to happen in the following order (no flashpoints or operations included):

Belsavis bonus series (which might actually happen before the class stories finish)
    Black Hole
    Section X (I haven't done section X yet, so I'm fuzzy on what happens)
    Ilum
    Makeb
    Seeker droid/Macrobinoculars
    CZ-198
    Oricon

Shadowen on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Section X is meant to be the start of all the post-Belsavis business with the Dread Masters, the story continuing through the Operations for the most part I think up until the events at Oricon in which the Ops there finish up the story I believe.

Question about heroic quests (or dailies as I call them). If they're greyed out in difficulty do you still get the rewards?

This discussion has been closed.