As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me find pants

Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
A couple years ago at a thrift store I found the best pair of jeans I've ever owned, but due to being really skinny my knees and ass are very bony and chew through pants pretty quickly and not long ago I had to retire them. I want a new pair of identical jeans but I haven't had much luck tracking them down.

I don't have access to a camera which makes this tricky, but I'll do my best to describe them. They're made by Levi Strauss and the label says 511 (which I think means they're skinny jeans). Colorwise they're a light khaki and it looks like they're made with two different color thread, because they're much darker if you turn them inside out. The effect is really cool, as they get a little worn the black thread shows through and they basically get darker as you wear them.

I don't have a lot of experience shopping for clothes on the internet so I don't really know where to look, but in a couple months off and on of looking I haven't been able to find another pair. If one of you excellent people could point me in the right direction I'd much appreciate it.

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
hitting hot metal with hammers

• Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    This is probably offensively obvious but have you looked through all the color options on all the styles here: http://m.levi.com/mt/us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3691990&view=all&un_jtt_redirect

edit: try posting any other information from any tags. there may be a non-obvious style number or code that identifies them.

Daenris on
  • Options
    Ha, no harm done. It's the clothing equivalent of asking if the broken computer is plugged in, I will never cease to be amazed at how often that is the case.

I have looked on there though, and as far as I can tell what I'm looking for ain't there. It's hard to say for sure though because I can't tell from those photos whether the dark thread is there.

There's no other info on the tag unfortunately.

• Options
    What color are the buttons, leather tag, and other details?

• Options
    Button is aluminum, zipper and rivets are brass and the tag is completely black. It's got a little change pocket in the right hip pocket as well.

• Options
    RavynBlackheartRavynBlackheart Registered User regular
    Do you have a JC Penny near you? I was there a few days ago and they had a pretty decent selection of Levi's including 511s in every color imaginable.

• Options
    Button is aluminum, zipper and rivets are brass and the tag is completely black. It's got a little change pocket in the right hip pocket as well.

What about the little tab on the inside edge of the right back pocket? Red or black?

If that tab is black it sounds like the line 8 jeans (though I don't actually see rivets on those, so probably not). If it's red, not sure because most of the rest of their styles are red. Given the age, it's very possible it may be a discontinued style.

Have you only been looking online or have you checked in stores? The easiest way to find the same or similar style -- since what you especially like is a detail that won't be shown on most online pictures -- is to just head into some stores that carry Levi's and check out what they have. Levi's has some stores and outlets of their own, and they're carried in most department stores (Macy's, JC Penny, Sears, Kohl's, etc).

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Levi's site definitely does not reflect the complete range of Levi's products you may find in stores. I was in a Kohl's yesterday looking at 508 jeans and there were definitely 2-3 colors there which are not listed on the Levi's site at all, for whatever reason.

So I definitely endorse trudging to some brick and mortar retailers and seeing what's available in person.