Options

Crime [maybe a little Punishment] and what happens next.

2

Posts

  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    The Betman wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    The Betman wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    I kind of wonder what people perceive as "justice"

    Like gutting the guy on national tv or giving him ten years in the electric chair.

    Whatever it is, you just can't get everything back after someone does something horrific to you.

    There's really no such thing as justice.

    SIERRA

    HOTEL

    INDIA

    ECHO

    LIMA

    DELTA

    SHIELD.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxD3rpVsO9Q

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Haha holy shit you guys

  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I kind of wonder what people perceive as "justice"

    Like gutting the guy on national tv or giving him ten years in the electric chair.

    Whatever it is, you just can't get everything back after someone does something horrific to you.

    There's really no such thing as justice.

    Just us.

    just-us.jpg

  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    you're a real fuckin' class act, azith

  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    In yet another glaring indication of the nation’s broken criminal justice system, Ohio correctional officers discovered the body of inmate Ariel Castro, a Cleveland man serving a life sentence on rape and kidnapping charges, hanging from his jail cell Tuesday night, prompting strong calls for action from reformers looking to correct America’s failed correctional policy. “What happened to Ariel Castro is symptomatic of a deeply flawed rehabilitation system that provides neither justice nor security, instead allowing countless men and women each year to fall through the cracks,” prison reform advocate John Wolahan told reporters, noting that Castro, who police say was left unattended for 30 minutes at a time by security personnel, was as much a victim of the prison’s negligence as he was of society as a whole. “In a legal system concerned with harsh sentencing and ultra-punitive approaches to justice, the well-being of people like Ariel Castro—those who have to live in the system we created—is treated as a mere afterthought. And I ask you: How many Ariel Castros have to suffer before we realize the machine is broken? His death is something we all have to live with.” Reformers added that the case was especially tragic because prison employees had reportedly seen warning signs from Castro for weeks and took no action.

  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Using Castro as a poster child for 'reforming the prison system' is not very effective. I'm sympathetic to prisoner rights (rehabilitation, abolition of solitary confinement, etc.) but Castro? Fuck him. It's a sad fact that 95% of prisoners would benefit from prison reform, and become productive members of society, but instead, the prisoner rights people use Castro. It'll just backfire on him.

    Seriously, I consider myself a logical person, and yet I'm torn between, "good riddance" and "Damn coward", both feelings disgust me.

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Using Castro as a poster child for 'reforming the prison system' is not very effective. I'm sympathetic to prisoner rights (rehabilitation, abolition of solitary confinement, etc.) but Castro? Fuck him. It's a sad fact that 95% of prisoners would benefit from prison reform, and become productive members of society, but instead, the prisoner rights people use Castro. It'll just backfire on him.

    Seriously, I consider myself a logical person, and yet I'm torn between, "good riddance" and "Damn coward", both feelings disgust me.

    umm..

    http://www.theonion.com/articles/ariel-castro-failed-by-system,33733/

  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    oh... fuck... I've been onion'd

  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    absolutely perfect.

  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    men... houses...

    the death penalty for this thread

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    oh... fuck... I've been onion'd

    To be fair, that's one of the best troll articles. I'm not even saying I disagree with it a whole lot, but I can imagine what my Facebook wall would be if I were actually friends with complete idiots.

  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    was trying to explode azith's head

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    was trying to explode azith's head

    Oh...

    I'm sorry I ruined it.

    :(

  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    was trying to explode azith's head

    it's okay

    he's out

    this is our thread now

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    guys like Ariel Castro really make me wonder how monstrous a person can be and still technically be sane

  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I saw it. No, it didnt explode my head. In fact I found it perfectly believable. I just kinda sighed.

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

    His continued existence was not "the problem"


    Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    haha, yeah

    fuck the ACLU and SPLC, right everyone??

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I read an article in Rolling Stone a few months ago. It was all about how awful solitary confinement is to a human being and how it horribly damages people. US prisons are very much about punishment, rather than rehabilitation, even for very minor criminals. It is sad.

  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Sorry but the fact that anyone here thinks a person who raped and abused three children on a daily basis for a fucking decade deserves any kind of a decent life after he was finally caught....thats the sad thing.

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i don't think you're sorry!

  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    whooooooooooooooooooosh

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i can tell how much traction both sides have in this argument given that this thread has two whole pages in an entire month

  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    i don't really see an argument so much as a dogpile

    a big, wet, smelly dogpile

    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Sorry but the fact that anyone here thinks a person who raped and abused three children on a daily basis for a fucking decade deserves any kind of a decent life after he was finally caught....thats the sad thing.

    He's burning under ten thousand lakes of fire, so y'all can just shut it now.

  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Sorry but the fact that anyone here thinks a person who raped and abused three children on a daily basis for a fucking decade deserves any kind of a decent life after he was finally caught....thats the sad thing.

    He's burning under ten thousand lakes of fire, so y'all can just shut it now.

    he probably isn't

    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    why would you burn UNDER the lakes

    wouldn't you burn IN them?

    under the lakes is probably just rock at varying temperatures as you go further into the earths core

  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2013
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Sorry but the fact that anyone here thinks a person who raped and abused three children on a daily basis for a fucking decade deserves any kind of a decent life after he was finally caught....thats the sad thing.

    He's burning under ten thousand lakes of fire, so y'all can just shut it now.

    Until people have been kicked you can shut the fuck up about what people may or may not talk about.

    A duck! on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i don't really see an argument so much as a dogpile

    a big, wet, smelly dogpile

    Don't stop... Keep... Going, I'm alm

    You know what, never mind.

  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Sorry but the fact that anyone here thinks a person who raped and abused three children on a daily basis for a fucking decade deserves any kind of a decent life after he was finally caught....thats the sad thing.

    Are you saying he should be raped and abused for three decades instead? While watching the VMAs or something.

  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah Blake, eye for an eye and all that, you know, and stuff.

    Wait, what's that you say? Us being implicit in his undergoing the same treatment he's in jail for makes us just as bad as him?

  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Yo

    Fuck Ariel Castro

  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I'm not defending him.

  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    You clearly were. You obviously love him. WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING MARRY HIM?!

    Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Don't look at me, I voted for kodos.

  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/moncton-man-facing-bestiality-charges-1.1461495

    so uh, even though they don't mention a name in the article I know who this guy is because word gets around

    he stayed in our house for a weekend in the spring, in exchange for taking professional photos of our dogs

    we didn't really know him, my wife had spoken with him briefly at a show and he seemed nice/took good pictures

    but when he was here we quickly realized he was one weird, creepy, annoying dude. thankfully, he was never alone with our dogs beyond us being in the next room, but still, fuck

    he slept in my fucking guest room

  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    well that is terrifying

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    yyyyyyyyyup

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/moncton-man-facing-bestiality-charges-1.1461495

    so uh, even though they don't mention a name in the article I know who this guy is because word gets around

    he stayed in our house for a weekend in the spring, in exchange for taking professional photos of our dogs

    we didn't really know him, my wife had spoken with him briefly at a show and he seemed nice/took good pictures

    but when he was here we quickly realized he was one weird, creepy, annoying dude. thankfully, he was never alone with our dogs beyond us being in the next room, but still, fuck

    he slept in my fucking guest room
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

    Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.

Sign In or Register to comment.