As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ride Share Thread

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
Henceforth this shall be the ride share thread for pax prime 2013.

• Options
    TheOnlyVenomTheOnlyVenom Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Done

TheOnlyVenom on
  • Options
    iceman12iceman12 Registered User new member
    Anybody in the issaquah area (or cities around that) want to carpool Friday and Saturday. Split parking and maybe gas.

• Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Oh! If you're planning on driving into the city and don't want to pay the outrageous prices the Convention Center charges for parking, there's a garage on Pine and Harvard attached to the Community College that charges $5 a day. And since classes won't be in yet, there should be plenty of space even on Friday.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    ShaderoneShaderone Registered User new member
    Enigmas wrote: »
    Oh! If you're planning on driving into the city and don't want to pay the outrageous prices the Convention Center charges for parking, there's a garage on Pine and Harvard attached to the Community College that charges $5 a day. And since classes won't be in yet, there should be plenty of space even on Friday.

How up to date is this info? this might shift my friend and I's plans from bussing to driving.

• Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    I live around the corner from the garage, so it's pretty up to date info.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    I live in Newcastle and can give rides to up to 2 people TO PAX each day....but you're completely on your own getting back.

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Shaderone wrote: »
    Enigmas wrote: »

How up to date is this info? this might shift my friend and I's plans from bussing to driving.

Seems legit.

Also, this website lists other garages in the area.

Good luck with parking, everyone! And may the odds be ever in your favor. /snark

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    seckzeeseckzee Saphyre SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'll be driving in from NE Seattle near the U District. Have 3 seats. You'd be on your own on the way back.

• Options
    SergejButkovicSergejButkovic Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    Driving from San Jose, CA (Bay Area) on the 29th and driving back on the 2nd (likely evening, so not back until 3rd).

Have space for a couple people.

SergejButkovic on
  • Options
    BiweeklyAaronBiweeklyAaron Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Our ride home to Vancouver, BC on monday for my gf and I fell through so I'm trying to figure out a backup plan. The 6pm bus is already sold out, and the other buses get us home really late :(

We'd be more than willing to chip in on gas and PAX-adventure-stories, so if anyone's got room for 2 in their car, please let me know!

BiweeklyAaron on
  • Options
    CaptaimManiCaptaimMani Olympia, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but does anyone have any tips/advice for overnight parking? I'm staying at the Sheraton and the garage near them is like $40 or something per night. I was wondering if there's anywhere cheaper, or if that's just how it is everywhere.

At any rate, if anyone needs a ride from Olympia, I'm sure we can fit one or two people in the car. We are leaving Thursday the 29th probably around 8 pm and not coming back until the 2nd.

• Options
    ligerzeroligerzero Registered User regular
    This will be my first year driving and was wondering how fast the convention center parking lot fills up?

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Pro tip on parking: Park at Pacific Place (cheapest lot in town) and walk the couple blocks to the WSCC. You'll save a good chunk of cash.

• Options
    ligerzeroligerzero Registered User regular
    Quintious wrote: »
    Pro tip on parking: Park at Pacific Place (cheapest lot in town) and walk the couple blocks to the WSCC. You'll save a good chunk of cash.

thanks, I've never parked in downtown does this lot fill up quickly?

• Options
    doomddodoomddo Registered User new member
    I got passes but no ride. I live in Yachats OR wanted to know if any one could help out? There is a slim chance I could make it to Eugene if that would be better for people.

• Options
    WontonWonton Registered User regular
    If anyone is in Vancouver, BC, and driving down on Thursday, or driving back on Monday evening, message me at wantonsoup@gmail.com. I'll chip in for gas and parking as needed.

• Options
    BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Driving from: Scio, Oregon- Thursday at 1530/3:30 pm
    Room for: Two passengers, lots of freight if its waterproof.

Departing Seattle: Monday evening, 1800/ 6:00 pm
    Room for: Two passengers, lots of freight if its waterproof

No smoking, no peanuts, no pineapple. Conversation welcome. Truck has had dogs and sheep in it, so if you have animal allergies it might be a sucky ride.

BaghdadBean on
  • Options
    killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    Driving from: Kennewick, WA at approx 830am Friday morning (8/30)

Leaving Seattle sometime Sunday afternoon..

Room for 4 people, I am a smoker, but don't smoke in my vehicle.

twitter: @killtrip
  • Options
    Browncoat565Browncoat565 Registered User regular
    looking for a ride back on monday evening to Vancouver BC if anyone has a free spot please message me or email at keirin@gmail.com willing to pay cash for gas either american money or canadian your choice

• Options
    atlasalmightyatlasalmighty Registered User new member
    looking for a ride from lynnwood for sunday. Willing to pitch in for gas and parking, message me @ bighomer00@gmail.com. Thanks