As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WANTED: errr tattoo design?

lolwuthalplolwuthalp Registered User regular
yo forum! how are you all doing today? sorry if I've whacked this in the incorrect thread. I'm pretty hopeless.
so I've got myself a little bit of a problem. I'm seeking a tattoo design. problem is, none of my artistic friends can be bothered sketching up my idea and I really don't feel like paying a tattoo artist a bunch of cash to draw me up something that I'm not a huge fan of.

I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone would be up for designing something that would permanently be on my body. I guess it'd be like a walking exhibition.

before I go throwing my idea out there I thought I would just stop by and see if anyone would be interested at all.
I'm also not saying that I would be asking you to do it for free. I'd be more than happy to bpay/netbank anyone a fair amount of $$$. I just hate tattoo parlous/tattooists in general.

let me know.
cheers xx

• Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    Any decent artist draws up your design for free, as that is part of the whole cost of the tattoo. You usually have to put down a deposit first, but if you are confident in the tattoo/design you want, and have found a very skilled tattoo artist that is a great match for your style, you won't have an issue having them draw it up for you, and you can make adjustments etc along the way.

• Options
    I just thought someone might be interested was all. I'm not so keen on putting deposits down etc.

• Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    That's cool, just saying you don't have to pay someone else to do it, and there is no reason to hate tattoo parlours or tattoo artists. The good, professional, high end artists are very cool, nice, and will work with you to produce the best tattoo because they care more about their reputation than probably anything else. The lower end parlours definitely suck and I can understand not liking them or their vibe, but find a very nice place (maybe throw in your location?) and you might be surprised.

• Options
    I live in Tasmania, Australia.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    New threads are for art, if you'd like to solicit for work, use the chat thread. It would be best if you included some sort of budget, as well.

This discussion has been closed.