Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dota 2] TI3. Look who's comin for dinner!

1939495969799»

Posts

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have seen @AresProphet play his medusa. In a way because folks think he is going hard carry they focus him really hard while the rest of our team tended to clean up. Kind of a thing of beauty. Also he pulls off crazy medusa ults.

    03x29di.png
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Well the thing with split push is that you can read the map wrong a bunch of times, and it's not necessarily a disaster. On the other hand, if you're trying to five man push while the furion TPs top and split pushes, if you guess wrong once, you're totally screwed. So it's playing the odds in a way, and punishing miscalculations by the opponent.

    Also my game won't launch right now. Which is weird.

    I'm starting to feel like pushing in general is far too easy right now. I watched Merlini streaming last night with a stack and they got way behind early on, so they just started non stop split pushing. Taking a single objective, wiping most of their team, and then going back to do it again when they were all up. They were down 30 kills by mid game. And I was having trouble figuring out just what exactly the enemy team could do about it. Now granted they should have abused their lead far earlier and just 5 manned before furion could become a big problem, but I still feel like a team that far ahead in gold and xp shouldn't be at the mercy of a low farmed team with little damage suiciding into their towers.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    Well the thing with split push is that you can read the map wrong a bunch of times, and it's not necessarily a disaster. On the other hand, if you're trying to five man push while the furion TPs top and split pushes, if you guess wrong once, you're totally screwed. So it's playing the odds in a way, and punishing miscalculations by the opponent.

    Also my game won't launch right now. Which is weird.

    I'm starting to feel like pushing in general is far too easy right now. I watched Merlini streaming last night with a stack and they got way behind early on, so they just started non stop split pushing. Taking a single objective, wiping most of their team, and then going back to do it again when they were all up. They were down 30 kills by mid game. And I was having trouble figuring out just what exactly the enemy team could do about it. Now granted they should have abused their lead far earlier and just 5 manned before furion could become a big problem, but I still feel like a team that far ahead in gold and xp shouldn't be at the mercy of a low farmed team with little damage suiciding into their towers.

    At that point they should probably just playing base race and the much more farmed team will win instead of chasing furion around the map. Especially if they were wiping Merlini's team. Taking that advantage and using it is important, split push is a stall so you can win in the long run. Don't let it get that far.

    03x29di.png
  • ShazwinShazwin Registered User regular
    Pushing has always been very easy.

    Push me
    And then just touch me
    'Till I can get my....

  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Part of why pushing is so easy is that all or most of the big teamfight initiators have gone out of style for the most part (Tidehunter, Enigma, Earthshaker, Magnus, Lich, etc), and they're the heroes you use to punish a grouped up push.

    drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Sometimes I think the matchmaker just likes fucking with you. One game today? My team was a machine. We rocked it hardcore. I was playing Dazzle and we pulled off some early ganks in my lane thanks to shallow grave and heal. The other lanes won their lanes and boom good easy win.

    My next game? No one takes any supports so it comes to me and I grab shadow demon, was really wanting to play prophet though. Team is horrible. I die multiple times trying to keep my suicidal anti-mage alive. Our luna feeds enigma in mid. Top lane, well I am not sure what happened but I guess our dark seerer felt wall was a bad spell? I did futz up a few chronos with disrupt but I was one man and could only do so much being poor and baby sitting.

    03x29di.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Get a good game going. I am eating folks on bloodseeker. Our SF is a beast. Our AA is finishing folks off thanks to my true sight.

    DoTA2 updates.

    Game is lost to the ether.

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Steam is getting DDoSed again. Probably what is causing issues. I was going to play tonight too. :\

    sig.gif

    2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I raged at a team for the first time ever tonight, on my 249th game. I feel so bad, but they were so bad and should feel bad for being so bad. 3 losses in a row, but not stomps - the team basically threw them. Fury. Luckily these were unranked pubs.

    Earlier today I tried to play Undying, and ooh boy he is fun. However he also seems to be terrible. How do I not be terrible with him? I'm not sure I understand his spells properly at all. He seems nigh on useless except in teamfights, and even then I'm lucky to get a spell, maybe two off, before dying.

    Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Steam is getting DDoSed again. Probably what is causing issues. I was going to play tonight too. :\

    Explains why it took so long to get dota2 network up again.

    Still the patch was really poorly timed.

    03x29di.png
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Spaffy wrote: »
    I raged at a team for the first time ever tonight, on my 249th game. I feel so bad, but they were so bad and should feel bad for being so bad. 3 losses in a row, but not stomps - the team basically threw them. Fury. Luckily these were unranked pubs.

    Earlier today I tried to play Undying, and ooh boy he is fun. However he also seems to be terrible. How do I not be terrible with him? I'm not sure I understand his spells properly at all. He seems nigh on useless except in teamfights, and even then I'm lucky to get a spell, maybe two off, before dying.

    The big thing is probably spamming decay in the early lane. It saps strength making you hit like a truck and tank like one too. But it also makes the enemy lane's health pool laughable. Which naturally leads to your second spell soul rip, it's a nice little nuke and often will net you an easy first blood. I'll take a level in each one usually. From there I like to max tombstone for teamfights.

    Usually if you're good with Undying, you can net a couple of early kills in the lane. Carry TP's, if teamfights break out post level 6 and your spells are up, you need to be there. He needs mid game focused heroes, as he falls off late. Now if you didn't get a bunch of early kills though, dude needs farm for items, because as you noticed, if he doesn't get them, he's paper in teamfights. Also, keeping him alive in teamfights is all about using soul rip and decay to sustain your life so that you get maximum use out of your ult. Tombstone will stick around regardless, but it will work even better when you're doing your nurgle thing. Sadly, a lot of times your team will just bail on you, and then you die. So don't pop your ult unless you're sure they're going in, as it's next to worthless without your team there to take advantage of the damage amp.

    It's hard to find a spot for him in most team comps right now, which is probably why you never see him played anymore. Most players just aren't willing to dedicate farm to a tanky/damage amplifier hero with no hard cc. That and his power curve is so wonky.

    Dark_Side on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    He is fun though in a pub game. Just played him and my team was mostly carries, okay all carries, and me as Undying. I netted about 4 early kills in my lane on a solo veno also feeding the Viper with me. Then we just kind of snowballed. Even late game spamming decay in a fight with a tombstone down and ult up does a lot. Turning your opponents supports to one shot mush and you into a tanky ass hole punching decently hard. Plus the amp helping your allies. Tombstone is also incredible.

    But it is hard to choose him to be a tanky support over say CM or Lion who have probably more of a team fight contribution through their disables and debuffs plus high damage ults. Or Veno who farms well, does high damage without lots of farm and gives you wards.

    03x29di.png
  • milskimilski Their Will comes, at last, to Earth, to the Neath, as a storm crosses the sea. Registered User regular
    The other big secret about Undying is this: He's not. He's fucking tissue paper. His armor's alright, but he's got no growth, he's got really poor strength for a strength hero (to the point where the more durable int heroes are tougher), and you probably don't want to use your W on yourself in fights. You're really good if you can get a lot of decay off but it's really easy to focus him down and Tombstone is both easily countered and essentially a second ult for him, meaning that you have to worry about keeping two incredibly poorly scaling, barely mobile units alive and in the middle of the enemy team to be effective.

    High, cold, eternal, immobile, minuscule. You endure; you burn.
  • milskimilski Their Will comes, at last, to Earth, to the Neath, as a storm crosses the sea. Registered User regular
    Also Viper is way more of a semicarry than a carry. You can run him as that, but if you're in a team with a lot of other carries he'd do just fine with moderate amounts of cash, and Aghs on Viper instead of carry items is brutal for harassing squishies during sieges.

    High, cold, eternal, immobile, minuscule. You endure; you burn.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    milski wrote: »
    Also Viper is way more of a semicarry than a carry. You can run him as that, but if you're in a team with a lot of other carries he'd do just fine with moderate amounts of cash, and Aghs on Viper instead of carry items is brutal for harassing squishies during sieges.

    In pub games I am not the one doing their builds. He went butterfly manta, I had to go check. Of course with Viper I prefer to be mid because at 6 he is a good ganker with his ult and he has good harass with his orb attack. Also his poison skin punishes damaging him pretty well.

    But at this point I am just happy my team wasn't completely pants on head and let me get a make up win from Volvo screwing over my bloodseeker game where I was 9-2-10 with the patch.

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • BigKevBigKev Registered User regular
    Yeah, Undying needs gold, but doesn't justify it enough to play him as a farmer/mid. So the only real solution is: play aggressive and get kills or towers. Tombstone and Decay are super strong early and if you can get it one on a few of them with backup, but you reallly reallllllllllly need the team to join you and achieve something in those early levels, or you're pretty much going to achieve nothing for the game.

    Steam ID : BigKev87
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I had the 3rd form of Wraith King down to 10k hp in new game++ and the power gets out. No gems and an abandon. gg

    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    BigKev wrote: »
    Yeah, Undying needs gold, but doesn't justify it enough to play him as a farmer/mid. So the only real solution is: play aggressive and get kills or towers. Tombstone and Decay are super strong early and if you can get it one on a few of them with backup, but you reallly reallllllllllly need the team to join you and achieve something in those early levels, or you're pretty much going to achieve nothing for the game.

    Worse actually; you'll be a walking free kill for the other team. It's why I don't play him, things go plaid far too easily, to the point that if you get behind as undying you might as well abandon, you'd be doing your team a favor.

    I feel like he really needs a buff or two. Valve's got his core items listed as Vangauard, Hood, and Arcanes, which I wouldn't disagree with. But that's a shitload of farm for a sub 3 slot hero on your team who falls off hard after the mid game. Probably earlier considering how many people run fast bkb carries these days.

    Dark_Side on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I was thinking that maybe he needs some scaling. Either with his w or his q. Right now they are excellent early but as stated fall off late. And he isn't nearly as good at pushing and early pressure on towers like other current;y more popular sub-3 supports.

    Had my first game as Tiny. We were a 5 in a 5v4 even though it was 4v4 for a bit as I my internet crapped out for a minute. It is still being crappy. At the end though I was kind of cleaning up the enemy team. The combo was big, I had an aghs. Just a giant tree to peoples face over and over. Also I don't think throwing your very angry weaver into three enemies will ever get old.

    Especially as they all blow up.

    03x29di.png
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Aghs Tiny is the worst! Blink dagon Tiny is where it's at, and always will be at.

    Anyway, I was actually able to play some over the weekend and finished 3 more ranked games!

    Game Two
    Game Three
    Game Four

    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    So... Somebody needs to make a new thread soon.

    Awkward.

    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    i could but you wouldn't like it.

    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Skab did a really nice one for our current thread. Something similar would be fine.

    03x29di.png
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    My Lycan playing has been out of control. I am now 10-1 with no end in sight. Phase/ vlads,medallion then a quick smoke rosh. The, Necrobook and then you lay down the pain train on towers/racks/ancients/2-3 enemies at a time. The stacking Lycan/vlad/necro aura's are insane. Throw a howl in there and structures literally melt. Get a BKB and basher then you are out of control.

    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Also Viper is way more of a semicarry than a carry. You can run him as that, but if you're in a team with a lot of other carries he'd do just fine with moderate amounts of cash, and Aghs on Viper instead of carry items is brutal for harassing squishies during sieges.

    In pub games I am not the one doing their builds. He went butterfly manta, I had to go check. Of course with Viper I prefer to be mid because at 6 he is a good ganker with his ult and he has good harass with his orb attack. Also his poison skin punishes damaging him pretty well.

    But at this point I am just happy my team wasn't completely pants on head and let me get a make up win from Volvo screwing over my bloodseeker game where I was 9-2-10 with the patch.

    You see manta on him a fair amount because he is so god damn slow getting Yasha is something you need just to keep from being frustrated all to hell.

    How do you spell Justice?B D S Non-Violent Resistance to Israel Apartheid & Occupation.
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Why not just copy this OP to the new thread?

    drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.
    Mazzyx
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I DON'T WANT THE RESPONSIBILITY

    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    One day I will understand why people rage in all random games.

    It is all random folks. Pull the stick from butt.

    03x29di.png
    Prospicience
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    One day I will understand why people rage in all random games.

    It is all random folks. Pull the stick from butt.

    Just once. Just once.

    And in my defence they were all on voice chat being super try-hard and annoying and i think i need to leave the internet for a moment.

    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • milskimilski Their Will comes, at last, to Earth, to the Neath, as a storm crosses the sea. Registered User regular
    High, cold, eternal, immobile, minuscule. You endure; you burn.
  • StericaSterica Wow! That was shit.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Geth, close the thread.

    YL9WnCY.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. Closing thread...

  • StericaSterica Wow! That was shit.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Robot Santa!? You should be back to your polar fortress by now!

    YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.