Options

[PATV] Monday, August 12, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 3, Ep. 9: Same Sexy Sims

• Options
    DogDayDogDay Registered User regular
    murnshaw - Yes, we do. Not sure if currency differences play a part in it though, never thought to find out. The Deep Silver bundle is AU$25 if you want Dead Island Riptide.

• Options
    murnshawmurnshaw Registered User regular
    It's US$25 for Riptide here as well. Thanks for the response DogDay, it's good to know.

• Options
    MGreysonMGreyson Registered User new member
    Kolzi, check your friend requests :)

• Options
    On that note, heads up to all our Aussie friends - you have to accept friend requests to get gifts! So check into your Steam account.

• Options
    GalidarGalidar Registered User new member
    Kolzi, just added you on Steam. Hit me up for Civ V

• Options
    murnshawmurnshaw Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Okay first Aussie to private message me gets a game. We'll talk about it and make sure it's something you'd like or even want.

*EDIT* DogDay was the first to message me. Happy Gift a Game to an Aussie Day!

murnshaw on
  • Options
    Also, if any Aussies want Company of Heroes 1 with expansions, or Civ IV let me know.

• Options
    GSCGSC Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Yes, people, accept your friend requests!

GSC on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    any Aussie that wants either the original Portal or Frozen Synapse just let me know and we can get that sorted for you.

• Options
    KolziKolzi Registered User new member
    Woah, thank you for the responses everyone! Yall are very generous. The kind Mgreyson has gifted me civ V, I wouldn't feel right taking more so please consider helping out another :)

• Options
    Joos2000Joos2000 Registered User regular
    MGreyson, thank you so much for your kind gift. I knew this community was good, but I never thought my silly post would garner more than a chuckle. And now I've got Civ 5! Ace bru, much love your way.

• Options
    WP - IanWP - Ian Registered User regular
    Will happily exchange cheap US steam keys for money, simply post your bank account number in this forum... 8^P

(Please don't, really.... don't)

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    MGreyson wrote: »
    On that note, heads up to all our Aussie friends - you have to accept friend requests to get gifts! So check into your Steam account.

Not really if you have their email or a friend of a friend works as well

• Options
    Kathleen_LRRKathleen_LRR Registered User regular
    First person to reply to me in this thread gets a game from me. Just tell me your user name and something you'd like. Nothing too expensive please, I do make internet videos for a living. :D

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Tube. A big platinum bus. Thanks Kathleen!

• Options
    chartinboychartinboy Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    First person to reply to me in this thread gets a game from me. Just tell me your user name and something you'd like. Nothing too expensive please, I do make internet videos for a living. :D
    EDIT - Scratch that, let an Aussie take it. They need free games more than us Brits.

chartinboy on
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Tube. A big platinum bus. Thanks Kathleen!

She's going to send you the Platinum Game of the Year Edition of Desert Bus now, with all the DLC included.

• Options
    @chartinboy friend request sent.

Tube, I checked to see if there was a game called "A Big Platinum Bus" and I'd just never heard of it. You got me.

• Options
    racalavacaracalavaca Registered User new member
    My steam is Mr. Bananagrabber (steamcommunity.com/id/racalavaca), would love to maybe get some of the cheapest games on my wishlist! ;)

• Options
    edited August 2013
    @chartinboy

REALLY?! What part of gift a game to an AUSSIE or KIWI wasn't clear...

Kathleen_LRR on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    EDIT - Self delete

chartinboy on
  • Options
    Spiffy McBangSpiffy McBang Registered User regular
    Randomly picking people who have posted makes me feel like an asshat, so let's do this: I have copies of Portal 1 and Breath of Death VII sitting in my inventory, and I'd be willing to spring for a copy of Papers, Please for someone because it is COMPLETELY GODDAMNED AMAZING. Post (or repost) which one you want and your user name, and I'll send them.

• Options
    ScrawfulScrawful Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    I've got a copy of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon in my inventory left over from the Summer Sale that I'll probably never get around to playing once classes start again.

First Aussie to respond can have it and start hiding inside from all the monsters that inhabit your country. My Steam name is the same as on here.

Edit: Kiwis also welcome.

Scrawful on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    EDIT - Self delete

chartinboy on
  • Options
    xanthianxanthian Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Not *every* Aussie is exposed to the pricing shenanigans, btw.

Once upon a time, I just fooled Steam by typing my *actual* billing address and changing parts of the address to Beverly Hills, California. (Only postcode in the US I know ftw!)

Was good enough for credit card verification, and I've noticed that since a few years ago, I no longer need to do any VPN trickery to even get Steam prices listed in US$. If I had to hazard a guess, I think the Valve billing department came across my account, noticed that my location was Australia, that all my purchases were in US$, and did their best not to screw me over.

For friends, I have a secondary account I created with all the region protection stuff circumvented and use that to purchase and gift games for them, without risking losing my primary frankencount.

And I've found that it's not *always* Australia getting discriminated against either. PvZ2 in Australia world first, anyone? Hell, if Sony's European and American divisions were to vary up their PS Plus titles a lot more between regions, I'd probably be willing to buy two subscriptions.

xanthian on
  • Options
    Pimptimus_PrimePimptimus_Prime Registered User new member
    I may be poor, but I do have a copy of Half Life 2 sitting in my gift inventory. An Aussie or Kiwi who has never tasted the sweet flavours of HL2 should let me know and I will gift it to you. :-)

• Options
    RPGFanXRPGFanX Registered User new member
    Im guessing you need to have them as friends in order to gift them games, right? I just send 2 aussies and one new zealeander a friend request. Just accept them!

• Options
    Alright, let's try something different:

Dear Australian and New Zealand PA Forum goers.

I want to give someone a copy of Spelunky OR Saints Row 3. They are both great games.

Send me a direct message with your Steam user name. First person to message me gets the game.

• Options
    GSCGSC Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I have an extra copy of Limbo, a nice - albeit creepy - little indie game. Message me if you are from AU or NZ and want to have it!

Edit: my Limbo has been gifted to kangarooland

GSC on
  • Options
    HighRankedNoobHighRankedNoob Registered User new member
    Good grief! I sure wish Tribes Ascend was loved. My wife and I really need some competition...

• Options
    IndyIndy Registered User new member
    As someone who has been buying and gifting games to his Aussie friends for years, ever since that silly Aussie-only version of Left for Dead 2 came out, I support this movement wholeheartedly.

Hug a toaster today, they need love too!
  • Options
    FutureTechFutureTech Registered User new member
    Hello Australian & New Zealand gamers! I would love to give one of you a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I think this is a fantastic reboot of a series I love and I like to share it with someone. Plz message me your Steam ID. Plz, if you have already been given a game by another generous donor, don't steal this opportunity from another oppressed gamer. Thanks

• Options
    daniel7564daniel7564 Registered User new member
    Don't let the corporate greed win! Steam id is daniel7564 from Sydney :) much love xoxo

• Options
    Pimptimus_PrimePimptimus_Prime Registered User new member
    Oh yeah, my steam id is Pimptimus_Prime. Half Life 2 is a great game, I hope someone who hasn't tried it contacts me. :-)

• Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Hey I am Manic2k and I live in Newcastle NSW Australia

Steam ID is MANIC2K

I'd love a copy of Splunky of Rogue legacy

You guys are awesome :D!

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Also if there are any other fellow Aussies I have a spare steam copy of Borderlands 1 I will give to the cause, I got a 4 pack a couple of sales ago and still have one sitting there :D
    No harm helping out fellow Aussies

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    Don RebaDon Reba Registered User regular
    Appreciated the Company of Heroes 2 reporting. (Russian Canadian)

• Options
    KappatauKappatau Registered User new member
    I'll give away a copy of Ben There, Dan That!/Time Gentlemen, Please! to any Southern Hemispherian who contacts me on Steam (I'm Kappa Tau, look for the same userpic). BTDT/TGP are a pair of really funny point and click adventure games that everyone should play. Time travel, lots of accidental murders, Nazi dinosaurs, what's not to love?

• Options
    ZZoMBiE13ZZoMBiE13 Fort WorthRegistered User regular
    If any Aussie wants a copy of Fallout 3 on Steam, hit me up. I've got a spare. :)
    Same name/same avatar.

Dear Double Fine,
    How much will I have to give to Kickstarter to let us all go back to calling it "TRENCHED!" instead of Iron Brigade?
    Sincerely, -ZZoMBiE13
  • Options
    LaogrithLaogrith Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I have a copy of Civ 4 for an aussie out there. I know its not the newest game in the world but it would be the free-est game for you... Steam name same as forum name.

Laogrith on