Options

[PATV] Monday, August 12, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 3, Ep. 9: Same Sexy Sims

• Options
    GezzerGezzer Registered User regular
    Got a copy of Achron if any of you c@nts want it.
    What... yeah I used the C word, I've heard they like it down there and I'm trying to weed out the mouchers. :OD
    Oh same steam ID as my forum one, same lousy sense of humor too. ;O)

Okay to make up for my lousy sense of humor I'll give someone a copy of one my favourite games B2. Am I forgiven?

• Options
    BWMBWM Registered User regular
    Sorry Graham, but this time, check your history before talking about it. We were allies with the Russians, yes, but the Russians also had a policy of rape, pillage, and murder in conquered lands to the extent that the Nazis were running west to surrender to the Americans first. There are also indications that the threat of the oncoming Russian army was a bigger factor in Japan's surrender than even the atom bomb. So Russia getting mad at this game is like when we made Pearl Harbor but didn't really focus on how the Japanese were the ones doing it, because it might "offend" them to point out their horrible crime. Or the US getting offended if another country makes a game where the US military invades a middle eastern nation for oil and a moral crusade.

• Options
    SanityLackingSanityLacking Registered User new member
    Huzzah for LRR! I am one Australian who appreciates it. Next year we will have to send you guys some extra poisonous animals we have lying around so you guys can feel like Australians too.

SteamName same as forum name as well.

• Options
    SixByNineSixByNine Registered User new member
    Wow! FutureTech just upped the ante and gifted me the entire XCOM collection! I'll be sure to pass on his generous gift after I've played it to keep karma flowing his way.

Thank you so much, FutureTech!!

• Options
    croker1977croker1977 Registered User new member
    Wow, we are getting so much PA love down under lately! First a PAX of our very own (which was AMAZING btw), and now this. Thanks guys!

If anyone has anything they feel like giving away my steam name is the same as on here. Cheers to all the generous people gifting games, as an often passed over people in the gaming world we really appreciate it! Now if only we can push for fairer pricing.... fingers crossed.

• Options
    Lucian VentrisLucian Ventris Registered User new member
    It is so nice to hear people talking about the crazy prices we have to pay down here and the silly hoops we have to jump through just to enjoy our hobby. If anyone wants to play games or talk shit on steam my id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/lucianventris/

• Options
    KittyKibitzerKittyKibitzer Registered User new member
    Woo Lots of Love to LRR from NZ!!
    hope you come to PAX AUS sometime that would be AWESOME!!

• Options
    qang007qang007 Registered User new member
    I know I am late to the party but does anybody in Aussieland want a copy of Civ 5? Steam account is the same as my user name here. First one to message me on Steam gets it. Hope you guys get better pricing soon.

• Options
    dashudashu Registered User new member
    I have a copy of L2D2 to gift to the first Aussie or NZ that friends me and sends me a message. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dashu83

• Options
    grokgrok Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    "I'd gift a game to Australians, but I refuse to give a game to people who continue to vote in government representatives whom support censorship."

Yes because like you we vote for governments based on single issues and the people we vote for are always elected, and so as individuals we feel comfortable taking full responsibility for everything that they and every other government bureaucrat implement. Similarly I imagine most Americans feel comfortable with what has been achieved in Iraq, extraordinary rendition and the global financial crisis (so if you'd kindly return my savings that would be grand). I'm not sure where you're from but I'm sure that your government shines on forever golden and I wish I was lucky enough to live on your planet. Meanwhile if only my government would stop censoring games then I could post my steam id here and ask for games. What a tragic waste :(

EDIT: PS I'm lovin the love in this thread. My post is intended to be a lighthearted dig at someone who posted something a little foolish and I hope it is taken in that spirit and not used as an excuse to flame anything further. /peace y'all.

grok on
  • Options
    RocketFinsRocketFins Registered User new member
    I'm surprised Gift-a-Game actually happened. This seems awesome, especially considering I'm an aussie and can agree that prices in this country are Grade-A bullshit.
    Steam name is Jackson_May if anyone's feeling generous....

• Options
    VOPVOP Registered User regular
    They actually banned the game in Russia? Wow. I know the Steam forums were blazing for awhile with angry Russians.

Either way what do you expect from a country who has brainwashed its people since 1922. The USSR was the enemy of our enemy - nothing more. The Allied powers were fully aware that the Soviets were just as terrible if not more so than Nazi Germany but the circumstances dictated that co-operation was necessary to achieve victory in Europe.

CoH2 doesn't actually portray the common Soviet soldier as being a "bad guy" though, in fact the main character of the campaign is actually quite heroic. The game does however paint the Soviet government and its military extensions (i.e. the commissars, especially those from the NKVD) in a terribly poor light and that just cannot be tolerated in Russia, even now in the post-Cold War era.

The truth of the matter is that the Red Army and the Soviet Union was an incredibly cruel and oppressive entity that carried out many war crimes - against both their own and foreign civilians and combatants - throughout the course of WWII. If you don't believe that open a book or even click over to Wikipedia or something - it's all there, based on fact.

Believing otherwise is pure Soviet-era propaganda.

• Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Hey guys! I'm super excited that this gift-a-game thing panned out. I'm an Aussie who can't believe XCOM:EU still costs $70 on PC. What do you want, Firaxis? My firstborn? My steam ID is ruzkin if anyone feels like throwing games around.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ruzkin

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    MoltenCherryMoltenCherry Registered User new member
    So, if anyone is late to the party and is looking for an Aussie to gift to, I will happily accept a steam gift - if someone wants to give a gift :) My profile name is moltencherry and I am from the Gold Coast, Australia! I wish there was a way for me to prove I am Australian...oh wait!! I remember something funny when I met some Americans. . . In Australia when we say doodle we mean "male genitalia" not a drawing!

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    I made this awesome individual register here so I can properly thank him in here.
    So super-duper thanks to @Malleficar for gifting me Bastion, combining gift-to-aussie-day and my birthday, all the way from Poland!

Thanks a lot man, really helped put a good end to this day :)

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    vikingfunkvikingfunk Registered User new member
    Hey Guys, I'm an Aussie gamer and spend what little spare cash I have on our (mostly) overpriced games. If anyone wants to gift me a game that would be great. I promise to pay it forward (for want of a better expression.)

I love indie games but am grateful for anything.

Thanks all for sharing the love.

vikingfunk

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012693548/

• Options
    LostAloneLostAlone Registered User regular
    @vikingfunk Got ya covered man. You should have a friend request from me, accept it to receive indie joy.

• Options
    @LostAlone Friend request accepted. You are awesome!

• Options
    @LostAlone Spelunky. It's like you read my mind! You rock.

• Options
    drakeiondrakeion Registered User new member
    Thank you LLR for pointing out how screwed us Australians get over games prices, nice way to sneak NZ in there Kathleen, you can't forget your home country :)

Is everyone else who isn't from Australia or New Zealand in this comment section happy about Gift a Game to an Aussie? Just curious :)

• Options
    NinjipplesNinjipples Registered User new member
    I'm from NZ (not looking for a freebie) and I just want to say thanks to all you guys for this. You guys rock!!

• Options
    direvusdirevus Registered User new member
    Kudos to CheckPoint for making some noise about our stupid game prices. It's not just games either, we get screwed on streaming services (e.g. Netflix) as well. Overall Australia is a great country to live in but there are a few things that deeply suck, media pricing is one such thing.

• Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I really wanted to play Splunky or Rogue legacy I had to put them on the back burner and wait for them to come down...

I would be over joyed for a copy of either...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991234952/

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    uberfailuberfail Registered User new member
    Don't normally like to steam beg but in support of Gift A Game to An Aussie Day:
    + I'm a New Zealander, yes our prices are ridiculous. (but at least we have an R18 Rating)
    + My Account name is Death_by_sponge and my Profile is Überfail
    + Beggars can't be choosers (though RPG's and Strategy Games are mainly what I play).

Thanks. Hopefully one day our prices will be sane.

• Options
    CrotonhurstCrotonhurst Registered User regular
    Another Aussie here who has resorted to ordering most games from UK based websites to avoid the sting of full Australian retail gouging.
    Kudos to everyone kind enough to gift an Aussie or a Kiwi :-)
    My steam name is as above

• Options
    QUIKSTIKQUIKSTIK Registered User new member
    Aussie chap here who loves this pay it forward idea!
    Keen to try any game someone thinks is cool that I've not played!
    Steam user name is QUIKSTIK
    Anyone who sent someone a game, you rule!

• Options
    LostAloneLostAlone Registered User regular
    @VikingFunk More than welcome dude :)

• Options
    OriginalDanielOriginalDaniel Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    STRAYA bloke here and i also agree with 'uberfail' I'm not normally one to beg but
    I've taken up CertIV games design at boxhill and I'm currently not working due to the homework(+gaming) generated from tafe so it's really awesome to see such generosity here. :)
    I wont pretend i don't have a steam game or two (or 245)
    But if someone wants to shout an Aussie a gift fus ro dah style then my steam id is: The_Original_Daniel

I raise a VB to ya.

EDIT: Oh i think the day is actually over lol i only saw this posted on facebook by LoadReadyRun 19 hours ago so i assumed it was still the day, Perhaps next year then? :P

OriginalDaniel on
  • Options
    blytioblytio Registered User new member
    While beggars can't be choosers, dark souls would be nice.
    But i would accept any bit of kindness,
    And if more than one game is sent to me i will be sure to choose one and send the rest to other Aussies in need.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/blytio

• Options
    ObstreperousObstreperous Registered User regular
    How can I make sure someone is Australian for real and not just someone trying to take advantage of good, generous people? I know that sounds a little paranoid, but there are jerks out there, and it only takes one to say "I'm an Aussie. My steam profile is _____". I want to help out, but I'm not super rich, and can't afford to feed liars.

Hats off to everyone who did buy a game for an Aussie. Here's to gamers making a difference : )

• Options
    OceanlabOceanlab Registered User new member
    Hey guys. 23 y.o student from Aus here, thought id give this a go, been wanting to play Civ5 for a while but it's a bit expensive. oceanlabqt on steam if anyone is feeling generous. :)

• Options
    GSCGSC Registered User regular
    Morblitz wrote: »
    My steam name is Morblitz, and it's my actual Birthday today (woooo)
    Just putting my hand up if anyone still needs to buddy with an Aussie. I hope you all know that Australians appreciate the hell out of you :)
    I think I have something for you. Add me back when you're next online.

• Options
    OriginalDanielOriginalDaniel Registered User new member
    @Obstreperous Perhaps ask for a facebook page link? Doubt many people would also hastily change their fb location, Other than that I'm not sure..

• Options
    edited August 2013
    croker1977 wrote: »
    If anyone has anything they feel like giving away my steam name is the same as on here.
    If you make your profile public, people can see when you are online, what is on your wishlist etc. I highly recommend it if you'd like to receive some games.

GSC on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    drakeion wrote: »
    Is everyone else who isn't from Australia or New Zealand in this comment section happy about Gift a Game to an Aussie? Just curious :)

Yeah. I have never been to these faraway places, but they are populated by cool people, as I hear. The fact that they / you are getting screwed over in this shared hobby of ours is an outrage. Being able to personally compensate for this in a small way - and in so doing "beat the system" - is a reward in itself.

GSC on
  • Options
    zelzel Registered User regular
    We need a site dedicated for GAGTAAD, maybe shorten it down to Aussie Game Gifting Day or something... or Gift an Aussie a Game Day, GAG Day... I'm bad at this...

• Options
    HrugnerHrugner Registered User regular
    I use Kimahri jerks. Rewatch the :38 mark till it sinks in.

• Options
    loneroguelonerogue Registered User new member
    And that's what happens when you assume a country can have a certain level of knowledge or intelligence ;)

• Options
    PyropingouinPyropingouin Registered User new member
    I got a copy of Crusader King II if an Aussie wants it. Add me Pyropingouin

• Options
    PeDanTiicPeDanTiic Registered User new member
    Having owned every console since the NES and always having a gaming rigg you can imagine how sore my arse, erm I mean wallet has gotten over the decades. My steam User name is Pedantiic.
    A BIG thank you to the CheckPoint team for bring awareness to this issue. And a BIGGER thank you to all that have supported an Aussie. For just a dollar a day you can bring happiness to an AU/NZ in need.