As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, August 12, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 3, Ep. 9: Same Sexy Sims

1235»

• Options
    spiffy_Kingspiffy_King Registered User regular
    Yeah the Russians have no right to get pissy about a mostly accurate portrayal of Soviet Command during WW2. They committed a vast amount of war crimes against not only the Germans but against their own people. It isn't even one of those 'the Nazi's started it first' it was a completely mutual thing. Just look at the poor Ukraine and how it was basically raped by both the Germans and the Russians.

• Options
    CameronJeyCameronJey Registered User regular
    A very special thankyou for 'howardgoodall' for purchasing me a game that has been sitting on my wishlist for a while now, 'Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale'. :)

• Options
    Swarley_91Swarley_91 Registered User new member
    From New Zealand and would love to not pay like 30 bucks for bio shock 2 :-)

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    GSC wrote: »
    Morblitz wrote: »
    My steam name is Morblitz, and it's my actual Birthday today (woooo)
    Just putting my hand up if anyone still needs to buddy with an Aussie. I hope you all know that Australians appreciate the hell out of you :)

I think I have something for you. Add me back when you're next online.
    @GSC
    Hey man,
    I think I got your add when I got up this morning. Thanks very much for considering me - it's massively appreciated, but I've since been buddied with another generous game-to-Aussie-gifter.

Perhaps what you had in mind could now go to a good home with another Australian?
    Thanks for being rad you guys.

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    qang007qang007 Registered User new member
    Oceanlab / 7:50AM
    Hey guys. 23 y.o student from Aus here, thought id give this a go, been wanting to play Civ5 for a while but it's a bit expensive. oceanlabqt on steam if anyone is feeling generous. :)

@Oceanlab. Add me (steamid qang007) and I would be happy to gift you Civ5!

• Options
    ShadrowShadrow Registered User new member
    Got yourselves another one of them Aussie peoples over here. SteamID is "Shadrow", and considering this would be a massive case of generosity on the giver's part, I'm cool with whatever game you wanna give that I don't already have.

• Options
    talljacktalljack Registered User new member
    Hey Aussies! I've got a copy of XCOM! For you! Add me on Steam (talljack)!

• Options
    Eggbert2.0Eggbert2.0 Registered User new member
    Big thank-you to Malc and Mias schatz for the gifts! You guys made my day :)

• Options
    sireynnsireynn Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    I'm no Aussie but I am getting married 8/17/13 and all of my (now OUR) money is being spent on the wedding. Really want a new game, but budget can't handle it (especially civ5 since I missed the steam sale)

Alas the wife2be wouldn't let me put it on the registry! If anyone has an extra copy let me know, would make for a great wedding gift

Steam name jakestucky thanks in advance!

sireynn on
  • Options
    von ruskivon ruski Registered User new member
    Finally something good about being from New Zealand, if anyone wants to be superspecialawesome my steam id is sircluckcluck and profile name is vonruski. We can send you one of our millions upon millions of sheep in return ;)

• Options
    thewolf_viithewolf_vii Registered User new member
    Hey! 26/Male/Australia. Feels weird asking for free shit, but I'm a poor student - so why not? I love fighting games and JRPGs, but would be willing to try any game offered!

SIG01.jpg
  • Options
    xolvexolve Registered User regular
    Would love fez or Papo & Yo. In NZ. Missed out on it by an inch in summer sales (winter sales for me!). Message me if you've got a spare.

• Options
    BarthedaBartheda Registered User regular
    Another big thanks to UNHchabo for the game Cthulhu saves the world

• Options
    ShadrowShadrow Registered User new member
    Thanks a lot to talljack for the copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and thanks to LoadingReadyRun for initiating this drive for fairness among gamers!

• Options
    stivdevstivdev Registered User new member
    Hey all, another Aussie here. Not after a game but instead would like to gift back my game to the gifters. If you have an iOS device and want to try a good tower defence game (CastleMine) punch in one of these codes:

4NNPT449K3LR
    N7EPWXXJE76K
    AYE9FTLMXE3Y
    PWWLKRMYYFM9
    AJF46P4A3TWR

(Leave a note if you use one to save people wasting time)

• Options
    OriginalDanielOriginalDaniel Registered User new member
    Cheers to GSC for gifting a copy of Civilization IV :D

• Options
    GiralinGiralin Registered User new member
    edited August 2013
    I'm kinda late for it, but any Australians or Kiwis that want X-Com Enemy Unknown? I have it and both it's DLCs sitting in my Steam inventory. My Steam name is the same as here, and I use the Outsider's mark (Dishonored) as my profile picture

Giralin on
  • Options
    AresAres Registered User new member
    Would love a copy of X-Com if it's still available!
    <3

• Options
    goldie199goldie199 Registered User new member
    Aussie here by the steam id of "itsomi", and currently going by the name of Goldie. not usually one to ask for charity, but im all for raising awareness of how terrible our Australia tax is. Anything would be appreciated, X-com would be fun!

• Options
    ItHutsFlipperItHutsFlipper Registered User new member
    The Minimum wage in the AU is between sixteen and twenty dollars. The average wage is about seventy five thousand a year. In both the US and the AU pre-ordering a game costs about a day's minimum wage, after taxes. Seems pretty darn fair to me.

Why is buying them stuff a thing? Can't we just support child's play or something?

• Options
    GiralinGiralin Registered User new member
    The copy of X-Com has been given out

• Options
    StAidianStAidian Registered User new member
    @ruzkin Next time you're on Steam, you should have a friend request from me (I'm Octothorpe there). I've got a copy of XCOM for ya.

• Options
    FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    FatSoDa here, if anyone wants to gift me a copy of XCOM: The Bureau, I'm your guy!

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    <--- is an Aussie.

@ItHutsFlipper the average Australian wage is actually 43K. Before tax. Most people on that amount would see 35K in their accounts, and would spend at least 25-30 on the life essentials of living and eating.

Now i dont need anyone to buy me a game, but in the interest of hands across the pacific ill take a cheap copy of game i'd have to spend double on otherwise.

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    neuroflareneuroflare TempeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    ezmariel should have that FF7 copy now, finally got around to remembering I said I'd do it lol

neuroflare on
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Yo @StAidian, I just added you! I HAVE STEAM FRIENDS NOW OMG OMG OMG

Edit - @FatSoDa, I wish I could pull 43k. I belong to that unlucky subsection of Aussie adults who studied the wrong thing at uni and are now scraping by on 25k before tax. Harsh recession for those of us who aren't accountants or in Sydney IT.

EDIT - Yukiro Oshi is a champion amongst men. Just gifted me XCOM on Steam! GOODBYE, WORKING WEEK.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    XavekXavek Registered User new member
    Sorry I'm late to the party, but first Aussie to friend me on Steam gets a game! (same user name)

• Options
    Xavek - I'm gonna friend you on Steam, not because I want your games (and also, because I think one freebie per Aussie is enough) but because anyone generous enough to make that sort of offer is just too rad not to friend.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    xolvexolve Registered User regular
    A very kind Talljack gifted me that most merciless of games, Bioshock, but unfortunately I've played it before, so I'm regifting it to someone else :) Contact me on this forum, and I'll respond tomorrow.

• Options
    GSCGSC Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I bought Civilization 5 (Gold edition) for an Aussie here, but he got it from someone else before I could send it to him. So if there is another AU / NZ player here who wants to play Civ 5 (and hasn't received a game yet), send me a message. Apparently this costs 90$ in your region o_O

Edit: the game has been gifted

GSC on
  • Options
    StAidianStAidian Registered User new member
    Looks like my copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown is available, so any other Aussies / Kiwis that are looking for a game, friend me on Steam (user name Octothorpe) and when I get home from work tonight I'll send it along. I've got a few other games to gift, like Bioshock and Monaco, so if I get more than one friend request, I may still be able to help a fellow gamer out.

• Options
    admeisteradmeister Registered User new member
    As an Aussie, I just want to thank everyone who donated a game to someone during this event. :) I don't really need any games personally, but I love this idea. We get charged some crazy prices here, so I import a lot of games to save money. FatSoDa is pretty spot on, most people with a good full time job here are bringing in about 35-40k per year. Budgeting is hard when buying a new game costs us about $100.

ghost-trick-sig.gif
  • Options
    stivdevstivdev Registered User new member
    Massive thanks to @GSC for the copy of Civ 5. Really, really appreciate it! You just saved me $90 :)

• Options
    GSCGSC Registered User regular
    Thus concludes the "Gift an Aussie a game week" :)

• Options
    A damn fine week it was, too!

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    DogDayDogDay Registered User regular
    Thanks to all our overseas brothers who donated to us lowly Australians.
    Much love!

• Options
    ValendaleValendale Registered User regular
    Someone should also tell the owner of Hi-Rez that treating their customers like crap, ignoring their feedback, alienating female gamers who are enthusiastic about their games, and making Rape Jokes isn't the best way for a company to develop a good public reputation.

• Options
    TheSchaefTheSchaef Registered User regular
    Wasteland 2, now with permadeath!

Soon to be renamed as Mogworld.