As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fantastic Fucking Future

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    but can you fuck while inside the hyper loop

or even fuck the loop itself???

important issues that must be addressed.

Gimme a sec, and I'll draft up some schematics for a dragon fucking the hyper loop while getting an Elvis haircut.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    can science make me a friend

Science =/= Magic

sigh

it would be so magical

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Is the loop done yet? It's been a goddamned day, what's taking so long?

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Is the loop done yet? It's been a goddamned day, what's taking so long?

sounds like you've been out of the loop

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
  • Options
    personally I'm pretty sure the future arrived when flying robots started bombing Pakistan

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    There's a lot of goalpost-moving RE: when we can say we live in the sci-fi future

but most experts agree its somewhere between "robots that can deliver pizza" and "downloadable pizzas"

Fugitive on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Ambient Backscatter sounds like a good band name. Maybe something electronic?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    so downloadable pizza delivery robots?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »
    There's a lot of goalpost-moving RE: when we can say we live in the sci-fi future

but most experts agree its somewhere between "robots that can deliver pizza" and "downloadable pizzas"

smlOoD3.gif

pizza is only one delicious part of the equation!

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Kindle refuses to acknowledge Lego is a word. In the trash you go!

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I thought, "that's pretty cool, passive energy generation" and then I realized it's basically just building a security flaw into your car keys and your wallet.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Nerds.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I was looking for somewhere to ask about Desktops and thought this might be a good place to ask because I'm looking for a solid computer, nothing too futuristic but close enough.

If I'm looking for buy a complete desktop and maaaaaybe install my own graphics card and power supply, would anyone have any recommendations? My price range is roughly somewhere between $1200 and $2000 but I could be flexible given a good deal. I'm not looking for the bleeding edge of tech, but I would like to be able to play Dark Souls 2 when the time comes.

For 1500 you can build a nearly top of the line computer. Buying a pre-built just adds cost. I guess you could look into ibuypower or something similar though for decent pre built pcs on a budget.

The biggest performance jump for your buck beyond a good video card (get a 760 or 770 or something for a good balance of power vs cost) would be a solid state hard drive. Ram is cheap. Buy your processor/motherboard at microcenter in store if you can...they've got some sort of deal with the devil where all their processors are 100 dollars cheaper than everywhere else, and they also bundle motherboards at a discount.

Edit: I just built one for the first time with the help of a friend. It only took a couple hours and was pretty painless. The toughest part is getting your CPU cooling on the processor. Everything else is so modular now.

rhylith on
  • Options
    ImperatorXXVImperatorXXV Registered User regular
    Hey man thanks for the advice, I think I'll man up and go with building my own but I'll check out some ibuypower reviews while I'm at it.

r7r7a0.gif
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Buy your processor/motherboard at microcenter in store if you can...

That store is so dangerous for my wallet.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Were people talking about futuristic sex toys in here?

https://www.lovepalz.com/

Here is a pair of web enabled fuck toys, one for ladies, one for dudes.
    1_b.jpg

Pair them over an internet connection anywhere in the world, and each device controls the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voSewFD3pL4

for two committed people very far away from each other, or one very kinky person with too much money

Well now how about that, I didn't even think about one person using both pieces.

$380 for someone with a wang to be able to fuck themselves in the arse?

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    grumbles wrote: »
    idk man that seems like the least practical way to make music actually ever

Two pages late, but as someone who toys around with synths a lot, that interface actually makes a lot of sense!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

1_b.jpg

Pair them over an internet connection anywhere in the world, and each device controls the other.

for two committed people very far away from each other, or one very kinky person with too much money

Well now how about that, I didn't even think about one person using both pieces.

yeah 400 bucks is a whole lot of money for being able to giggle every time somebody tells you to go fuck yourself

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    better value than the xbox one

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    better value than the xbox one

oh snap

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular

You wouldn't download a pizza

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Xbox one is Microsoft fucking you

boom pow bazinga

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Peccavi wrote: »

i would man

I totally would

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »

i would man

I totally would

I would download the shit out of a pizza.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    There's a restaurant out in Chicago called Moto that does high tech food. I've heard of it before and it was part of that exhibit at the museum. They have a printer thing that prints food onto little pieces of edible paper.
    So downloading a pizza isn't too far from that. Hell just get a 3d printer, fill it with ingredients, build an oven into it, and bam, computer pizza

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    3D food printing is a thing eventually Dominos or Papa Johns will offer pizza downloads and refill carts

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    "they have a vodka here that's served as a flash of light!"

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Dimosar wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RxewiM2Ep4

• Options

That's what I need is intoxication beamed into my brain with a laser

• Options

That's what I need is intoxication beamed into my brain with a laser

Which, you know, makes standing down the street from a DUI checkpoint with a laser pointer fucking hilarious.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

1_b.jpg

yeah 400 bucks is a whole lot of money for being able to giggle every time somebody tells you to go fuck yourself

Of it weren't so much money I'd take myself for a spin. Could be a neat experience!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

1_b.jpg

Of it weren't so much money I'd take myself for a spin. Could be a neat experience!

Pretty much. For half the price I'd probably give it a try, see if I liked it.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Is it $400 for one or both because I don't need a PS4 the second it comes out...

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

1_b.jpg

"Oh god I'm actually terrible at sex!"

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Is it $400 for one or both because I don't need a PS4 the second it comes out...
    189 each

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »
    189 each

Worth every cent in my opinion

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    $6119

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    Hey man thanks for the advice, I think I'll man up and go with building my own but I'll check out some ibuypower reviews while I'm at it.
    Even if you don't want to build it yourself, places like NCIX (at least in Canada) will take the parts you pick and choose and build (and much more importantly, test every component of) your rig for like an extra 50 bucks or so. If your budget is 2k, you should be able to get a seriously beastly rig, given that even 1k-ish will get you a machine that can handle any game on the market on above average graphics settings. Prebuilt boxes like Alienware are overpriced garbage.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

1_b.jpg

"Oh god I'm actually terrible at sex!"

N9tS8bk.png