As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Have a song file, but no idea who made it. TinEye/Reverse Image Search for audio?

cooljammer00cooljammer00 HeySmall Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
Looking through an old hard drive, I found a song that I remember really digging at the time, but never being able to remember where or find where the hell I got it from. Googling lyrics doesn't get me anywhere at all, and if it's not a widely released/label backed song, I'd like to know where the hell I would have least found the song on the internet. This would have been at least 5 years ago, if the other files in the folder were of any indication (Kanye West/Sufjan Stevens mashup called "Zombies Walk", an NPR audio article about privacy that I had to listen to for a journalism ethics course in college)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/572kiobpbwhip21/You Make Me Feel Like That.mp3

The file is titled "You Make Me Feel Like That", if you're wondering.

Although I guess now that I listen back on it, it sounds a bit too mall recording studio to be an actual song.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Sort of a long shot, but you could put it into a video and upload it to youtube as a private. Their automated song detection algorithm might be able to figure it out.

SteevL on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Musicbrainz Picard can scan a song and try to figure out what it is, I think, although I don't think it works super well.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Have you tried playing it to a smartphone with Shazam?

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, I just tested out the song with Shazam a few times and it couldn't recognize it.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Also tried Shazam to no avail. Judging by quality it sounds like a demo of some kind. I can name you half a dozen singers with a voice similar-ish to her, I tried googling parts of the lyrics, but it doesn't result in a hit.

What are the chances this is the demo tape of some girl you met or who someone else met or who was gonna perform at the local pub one night or something along those lines?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I was trying to figure out if I knew anyone who was a singer, and I can only think of one girl and I know she doesn't sound like this. Also the file would have been from before I ever met her.

You'd think that with the rise in popularity of BandCamp and other independent music services that someone would have uploaded lyrics by now.

Unless they completely reworked the song into a new thing that is unrecognizable.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Yeah, echoing that it sounds like some sort of demo or DIY recording, meaning it could be pretty much anyone, anywhere.