As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Saints Row 4 Thread: Supervillain Sandbox Shenanigans! Get it August 20/23!

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

sounds like the author was determined to hate SRIV

not his cup of tea, fine, but the brusque style of his writing crumbles any bearing his opinion might otherwise have on mine

wait what? the whole article is praising the game

I may have linked the wrong article

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah the article that is "five things to learn from SR IV" is saying all the good things that SR IV does, or rather the concepts it employs should be used more often.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    So if you were waiting to play, looks like you can and won't suffer any permanent damage

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    yeah the article that is "five things to learn from SR IV" is saying all the good things that SR IV does, or rather the concepts it employs should be used more often.

no, I linked the correct article

but, fuck me, I did a terrible job skimming it

boy, is my face red

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    blue map and I tried the grand finale again and we still have that point where the second player dies instantly at a checkpoint over and over

it's really annoying

• Options
    well we got around it by just having him play to the next checkpoint and reinviting me

hell of an ending

• Options
    I take two steps forward

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I actually plan to go back and get a ps3 on the cheap some day for other reasons and when I do that I want to go back and play the first two saints row

Saints Row 1 is an Xbox 360 exclusive, so you may be disappointed

(You'll also be disappointed if you play the first two Saints Rows after 3 and 4)

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I actually plan to go back and get a ps3 on the cheap some day for other reasons and when I do that I want to go back and play the first two saints row

(You'll also be disappointed if you play the first two Saints Rows after 3 and 4)

I think enough people have expressed some admiration for the first two Saints Row games that a blanket statement like this really starts to lose any kind of relevance

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I take two steps forward

I take two steps back

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

I think enough people have expressed some admiration for the first two Saints Row games that a blanket statement like this really starts to lose any kind of relevance

But enough people didn't care about Saints Row in general until The Third that I think it's still pretty relevant

No one was waiting for Giant Bomb to come show them the way or something

The first two games didn't catch on, and there are reasons for that

Not necessarily that they're bad, but the writing wasn't as strong, and everything about the gameplay, from driving to gunplay, feels pretty damn different

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    So to anyone who's played with them, how were the French and Southern Belle voices? I tried them both out and was not impressed.

My kingdom for Eastern European Boss.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Not necessarily that they're bad, but the writing wasn't as strong, and everything about the gameplay, from driving to gunplay, feels pretty damn different

The writing wasn't as strong in SR2 as it was in SR3? This may be one of your worst opinions yet.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    SR2 did a really good job of characterising the villains, especially compared to SR3. I like the Saints better in SR3, though.

• Options
    After finishing Pierce's loyalty mission

There are very few characters in games that successfully feel like actual friends that would have your back, but also will just fuck around with you.

Pierce has now been added to my list of Virtual Bros, along with Garrus and Kanji

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Ending
    Oh my god Gat was doing the Elaine dance that is amazing.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Finished this last night. Very pleased, overall. I really hope there is a V and I really hope
    it's alien planet takeover

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    After finishing Pierce's loyalty mission

There are very few characters in games that successfully feel like actual friends that would have your back, but also will just fuck around with you.

Pierce has now been added to my list of Virtual Bros, along with Garrus and Kanji

"This doesn't seem like your kinda place, Pierce."
    "What's to hate? The beer is cheap... and I'm the best looking motherfucker in here."

• Options
    Mysst wrote: »
    Finished this last night. Very pleased, overall. I really hope there is a V and I really hope

I think volition's been on record saying that if they do another SR game it'll be a reboot, the arc for the saints as we know them is done

which is probably for the best, really

• Options
    and that's how I met the Saints

• Options

I think volition's been on record saying that if they do another SR game it'll be a reboot, the arc for the saints as we know them is done

which is probably for the best, really

I hadn't heard that but I like that, too. I mean, seriously, this is my favorite game franchise, I want as much as I can get.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    yeah on the bombcast they said there would not be another saints game in this series, they would do something with the property, though.

probably a MOBA or a phone MMO

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'll probably be still playing GTA5 until whenever they get around to the next Saints Row so I think I can wait

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »
    yeah on the bombcast they said there would not be another saints game in this series, they would do something with the property, though.

probably a MOBA or a phone MMO

how is it possible there isn't a crappy iOS MOBA yet

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    I take two steps forward

I take two steps back

Another day older

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

But enough people didn't care about Saints Row in general until The Third that I think it's still pretty relevant

The writing in 2 is much stronger than 3 and probably 4.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The writing is SR2 is a completely different tone. There's a lot less comedy. Things are kind of comically intense and sort of hilariously badass.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Ending
    Oh my god Gat was doing the Elaine dance that is amazing.

Yeah, that was pretty great.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

I really think you're projecting here. Saint's Row 2 outsold Dead Space at release.

It sold 2,000,000 units in it's first two months and this was the same year that every person on earth bought Grand Theft Auto 4

Zero Punctuation called it his game of the year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWXuzZ26yp0

It still has a healthy modding community and is still a really fun game.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    So in the same vein as the magneto was right and cyclops was right T-shirts I want a
    Julius was right
    t-shirt

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    So in the same vein as the magneto was right and cyclops was right T-shirts I want a
    Julius was right
    t-shirt

Only if it says on the back.
    And I don't care.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    I'm happy with the way the writing has progressed throughout the Saints Row series. The change felt very natural, like the writers were not forcing the themes.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Just finished this. My complaints are pretty similar to others.

Also I thought all the rifts were overlong and boooring.

• Options
    Patch!
    [BUGS]

- Fixed a patch issue in the save system where weapon data was corrupted. Examples of the data corruption includes duplicated weapons or missing weapons.

[UPDATES]

- Most weapons lost due to the previous patch will be restored. This includes weapons rewarded due to game progress, promotional weapons, and DLC pack weapons. In addition, all weapons purchased from Friendly Fire or picked up from enemies that were upgraded, customized, or equipped will be restored.

- Certain players will no longer be in possession of weapons purchased from Friendly Fire or picked up from enemies if those weapons were not upgraded, customized, or equipped. Any missing weapons can be re-acquired from the Friendly Fire store or enemies. Potentially affected weapons:

Baseball Bat (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Stun Gun (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Heavy Pistol (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Quickshot Pistol (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Heavy SMG (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Rapid-Fire SMG (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Pump-Action Shotgun (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Thumpgun (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Automatic Rifle (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    RPG (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Sniper Rifle (purchased from Friendly Fire)
    Burst Rifle (purchased from Friendly Fire, picked up from Cops)
    Alien RPG (purchased from Friendly Fire, picked up from Aliens)
    Alien Pistol (picked up from Aliens)
    Alien SMG (picked up from Aliens)
    Alien Rifle (picked up from Aliens)

- The Volition and Deep Silver teams would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the recent patch error. We are looking into future ways to thank everyone for their patience and understanding.

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I totally lost a bunch of earned weapons. Not that big a deal, really, but nice to know that they've at least fixed that issue.

Also I think my game bugged out and I didn't get achievements for finishing King's, Matt's, and someone else's loyalty missions. Dunno what happened there!

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

I hate the speed rifts. just, fucking hate them

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I totally lost a bunch of earned weapons. Not that big a deal, really, but nice to know that they've at least fixed that issue.

Also I think my game bugged out and I didn't get achievements for finishing King's, Matt's, and someone else's loyalty missions. Dunno what happened there!

You don't get those achievements unless you do everything you can do with that person.

And when I say everything, I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zb1lZgN9OE

...everything.

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

I hate the speed rifts. just, fucking hate them

Yeah, they were waaay too goodamn long and way too many fucking things getting in your way. Just boring and unfun.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    I managed to get gold on all the rifts

but fuck rifts

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg