As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Payday 2: Fuck the Police, IT'S SPRING BREAK!

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    we always try to start out stealthing, but things always go wrong. maybe it's because everyoen is wearing thick bullet proof fests and carrying assault rifles.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    maybe i am just bad at paying days but even on overkill i tend to go "wait a minute..this "stealth" system sucks and is boring...but shooting mans is awesome...time to shoot some mans"

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    Well, for the bank job the stealth is there to make sure everything is running smoothly before the first wave hits.

You want the drill going before the alarm hits because then you might already be half into the vault by the time the first wave hits, and then there stands a good chance of no bulldozers when you're running for the van. Cause FUCK bulldozers.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I'm hoping to get this game sometime soon when I have some more time to put into it; looks like some delicious gunplay and deep progression.

488W936.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    my experience with the beta was that trying to do stealth anything with pubs is pointless and you may as well run right into the bank with your masks on from the word go

but yeah, shooting people is great

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    This is coming out for Consoles.

I am excited about that, because I really wanted to play the first one but I don't have a computer that will run it.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, if your PC can't run the first then it'll have no better luck with the sequel since it uses a new version of the engine.

YL9WnCY.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    well yeah I was resigned to that. But there's no need to be sad, because now I can play it on PS3!

PS3 is probably the better option but that might have to do with Sony being the publisher for the first game. I dunno if that made for easier patching on the PS3 or not.

YL9WnCY.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    once I choose can I switch or am i stuck

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    This seems incredible

It also seems like it could get incredibly silly really quick

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Langly wrote: »
    once I choose can I switch or am i stuck

choose what? class? no, there literally nothing stopping you from doing whatever you want. there is an achievement for having ten points in every skill tree.

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    The only class that seems kinda underpowered right now is Ghost, because ECMs are kinda shit

But you can avoid the ECM-specific perks and be just fine

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    You can opt to respec your skill points, but you only get back half the cash you spent buying those skills, so I wouldn't respec until level cap where you have wads of cash floating around.

YL9WnCY.png
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    This game is mega fun and I want to play it with more people. Play it with me.

THESPOOKY wrote: »
    The only class that seems kinda underpowered right now is Ghost, because ECMs are kinda shit

But you can avoid the ECM-specific perks and be just fine
    There needs to be some early level jammer talents or the jammer itself needs to have a post-alarm effect, because early on Ghosts feel kind useless especially on stealth-less heists like Watchdogs.

The Ghost I play with regularly just spent a point on ammo bags because it's hard to tell if the jammer is working, how long it lasts for, and the radius.

YL9WnCY.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I went full ghost but I've respecced into Technician, so that I can get shaped charges and make infinite money on Ukrainian Job

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Or be a ghost/mastermind and make infinite money at Ukrainian Job and any Bank Heist.

Solo stealth runs for four star overkill banks are some sweet money.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    This is basically what I wish the Shadowrun shooter was.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682

Yes. Also they would use this tech to make a new syndicate. Fuck you if you didn't like the new one, the multiplayer was fucking aces.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

Yes. Also they would use this tech to make a new syndicate. Fuck you if you didn't like the new one, the multiplayer was fucking aces.

you know the people that made the last Syndicate had a huge hand in this one right

6F32U1X.png
    ok I am now like level 7 or something, if anyone wants to play I am down. I am an enforcer because shooting

Mr. G wrote: »

you know the people that made the last Syndicate had a huge hand in this one right

It's almost like that's the reason i made that suggestion!

Fake edit: that comes off as pretty snarky but yes, that's exactly why i said that.

• NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular

I know right, I got a couple of my friends to buy it but they only played it a couple times. I still have it in hopes they want to play it again sometime.

xXNXOA7.png?1
    like i played payday 2 for a while, then noticed the starbreeze logo on the start up "Fuck, they should use this stuff to make another syndicate, or equally as awesome cyberpunk shooter"

• NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I want another Riddick game.

xXNXOA7.png?1
    yeah i guess that'd be cool too. I guess.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    I love how Bain is basically looking up how to cook meth on the internet to help the team in Rats

does anyone want to play dis video game

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »
    I love how Bain is basically looking up how to cook meth on the internet to help the team in Rats

I'm kinda aghast at how many people seem to want to pub Rats on the hard modes.

Like, christ, its hard enough trying to trust people not to make the house explode let alone when there's FBI fatsuit soldiers everywhere.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i do
    on ps3
    my psn is douglasdanger

but i don't have money to buy it

i'm sorry

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »

I'm kinda aghast at how many people seem to want to pub Rats on the hard modes.

Like, christ, its hard enough trying to trust people not to make the house explode let alone when there's FBI fatsuit soldiers everywhere.

Well Breaking Bad did just come back for its final season...

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I wanna play dis game on Saturday

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Well, it is also time to break bad.

Shoot and scoot!

Center mass, center mass for fuck's sake!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    I only did bad rats once.

We got fucked at every single day of the mission. I think we only got like one bag of meth or something, then fucked up the other stages and barely made it out alive. Cooking meth is too hard for me.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Double tap! Triple tap! Just keep tapping!

steam_sig.png
    Who the fuck are these people?! Ex-military?!

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    The mp in that game was so cool. Shame the game was a pile of poop
    The multiplayer should have been cool. But multiplayer requires other people to play it. And, you know, a game that is worth playing.

Still, for eight bucks, it was a solid buy.