As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Payday 2: Fuck the Police, IT'S SPRING BREAK!

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i just want more levels.

I'm about to start suggesting frames and big oil just to have something different to do.

bank heists are fun, but i want something more involving.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Firestarters is worth about as much as frames, but is significantly easier to stealth. (and actually possible to fight out)

:shock:

Yeah, if you clear out the all the bags in day 1 and the boxes in day 3, it's worth $1 in spendable cash as well. Bonus value if you get the loot room in day 2 too

steam_sig.png
    rad, then i would have 12 million dollars to spend on nothing.

Game needs to start giving me mods i want.

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Firestarters is worth about as much as frames, but is significantly easier to stealth. (and actually possible to fight out)

Yeah, if you clear out the all the bags in day 1 and the boxes in day 3, it's worth $1 in spendable cash as well. Bonus value if you get the loot room in day 2 too

no, i mean... stealthing firestarters is completely down to random chance. you have a 1/4 chance of picking the right box the first time and 1/3 of picking it the second time. no way to figure it out. i am against that sort of level design.

er. i got a little off-track. i mean that framing frames is much more easily predicted and therefore stealthed.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm thinking stealth might have been a bad addition to the game. It's just not deep enough and leaves players twiddling their thumbs. It can be salvaged, but it needs loads more depth and just a cleaner implementation.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

no, i mean... stealthing firestarters is completely down to random chance. you have a 1/4 chance of picking the right box the first time and 1/3 of picking it the second time. no way to figure it out. i am against that sort of level design.

If you access the highlighted computer after finding the server room Bain will highlight which boxes you need to cut.

You only need to guess if you want the achievement for guessing.

Oh! My bad, then. I thought it was always guessing.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Ever since I specced into the reward bonus ghost skill, all I've been getting have been money cards and mask colors.

payday.....

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Ever since I specced into the reward bonus ghost skill, all I've been getting have been money cards and mask colors.

payday.....

Supposedly that just ups your chance at Notorious (or whatever) items. So, like, the Cthulhu mask.

So instead of a 0.1% chance it's a 0.3% or whatever.

I got a Mumble server for this. PM me if you want the deets.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »

payday.....

Supposedly that just ups your chance at Notorious (or whatever) items. So, like, the Cthulhu mask.

So instead of a 0.1% chance it's a 0.3% or whatever.

I have pre-emptively re-specced to mastermind in preparation for this news.

enforcer for life!

Also going faster, and then the armour stuff. I'm excited.

Seriously, though, bagging corpses is pretty cool especially for the stealth-required missions.

Its just that most of the rest of the ghost stuff either feels like a more limited/worse version of something another class has (ECM jammers opening specific doors, picking safes) or only really comes into play when you're in casing mode, which a lot of missions outright skip, and a lot of groups barely bother with.

so, steam is currently downloading a 1.4 gig update for payday 2.

Could this be the legendary unlocks past level 40!?

Nope, bug fixes.

Including the fixes for moving things through walls.

1.4 gigs of bug fixes.

Also they added filters to crime.net, and bain says some new stuff i guess.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    level 40?

steam_sig.png
    yeah, after like level 39 there are no unlocks, at all. ever. not counting skill points.

there is a rumoured new difficulty at 75 but that seems completely debunked now.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    God with every passing day I am just more and more tempted to buy this

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    what's the level cap if there are no unlocks past 39?

You're getting skill points every level, it's just that armor and guns stop unlocking well before that.

YL9WnCY.png
    jeez

that's a huge-ass gap

To be honest, a lot of the best weapons unlock before your 20s anyways.

It is still weird that they designed it that way, but I'm guessing they didn't want to have a really good shotgun unlock at 80 and fuck over Enforcers whereas The Best Rifle unlocks at 40.

YL9WnCY.png
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    If anyone is so inclined at this point I'd be down to chip in a 4-pack

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Huuuuuuuuuuuge patch today
    Gameplay
    We got word from Bain that the Washington PD is really stepping up their car chase unit - keep an extra eye out in the back mirror heading out of your heists
    Bags - you no longer can grab them through walls, fences and such - the easy days are gone!
    Revives - gone are the days of reviving your team mate through walls - man up!
    Your loot bags now show up in a growing pile in your escape car or chopper

Skills
    Updated several skill descriptions
    ECM jammers can now be used to open ATM machines
    Tweaked ECM feedback potency
    Silent Killer is buffed
    Silent Drilling - Lower the drill sound effect volume when skill is activated
    Chameleon skill description text is now updated and more descriptive
    Drill Sergeant BASIC and ACE bonuses increased
    Buffed Cable Guy ACE
    Buffed converted cops damage
    Buffed Underdog BASIC
    Stockholm Syndrome - Civilians revive the player faster now

Saves
    Fixed that the progress backup save language wasn't clear enough

HUD
    HUD viewpoints no longer clips at the edges

Sound
    Added beeping call sound for the pager call
    Cranked up the volume on the ECM jammer
    New Bain-lines added
    Added new footsteps
    We now stop weapon animations at mission end to prevent them from triggering sounds - for example, no more reload sound from shotgun in mission end screen

Weapons
    Fixed pistols (some of them) not using "aiming sensitivity"

Crime.net & Menu
    Crime.net filters! Finally! More filter options in crimenet. Pick difficulty, New servers only, In lobby servers only, Public server filters, Maximum servers and Contract filter
    XP tweaks to 1 day jobs vs 3 day jobs, it is now much more worth doing 2-3 day jobs
    Prevent terminate contract option if signed out (server in failed/disconnected state)
    Fixed a crash when host sign-out and sign-in during loading
    Fixed support for ultra widescreen / eyefinity
    Magically fixed controller for Ingame manual

Enemies
    Enemies will now be highlighted when they are behind glass, while player is looking through cameras, and the "box" marking heads of enemies will work through glass
    Gangsters can be highlighted during sneak phase
    Tweaked enemy surrender chances
    Sniper shoots less often but packs more punch
    Taser has more health and is a bit more sadistic
    Bulldozer has now a higher damage tolerance, and is more evil
    Taser volume cranked up
    Converted guards on players side don't try to sneak off a call for backup

Animations
    Fix on saw melee

Network
    Fixed a Steam disconnect issue caused by slow harddrives stalling the network thread
    Optimize the network code for less waiting

Mallcrashers Job
    Lots of new art for the mall such as lamps, barrista furniture and more
    New asset icons for mallcrasher gas cans are in.
    Blocked off a place where the player could get stuck if he really wanted to inspect certain gym equipment from... interesting angles
    Fixed a wonky door on Mallcrasher
    Made the AI move around better on the map
    Removed the small rooms with the gas cans - reviewers really wanted this

Framing Frame Job - Train Trade
    Fixed issues where bags wouldn't count when traded in the Train Trade
    Bag collision on roof of train fixed
    Fixed collision in the secret tunnels
    Removed a floating stone! :)

Ukranian Job
    Safes that would spawn inside of walls have been removed

Bank Jobs
    Moved the ATM machines in the lobby a bit so they don't intersect
    Thermal drill now gets Technician bonuses for speed, alert radius and fixing itself

Framing Frame Job
    Fixed disappearing environment on the roof on the penthouse
    Fixed a light bug
    Fixed some rare objectives bug

Four Stores Job
    ATM machines now have a random chance on appearing
    Changed civilian animations so that there no longer are stonecold civilians during assaults

Rats Job - Trade
    Fixed a crash related to the client drop-in joining and crashing after a couple of seconds

Art - Miscellaneous
    Made glass double sided on player van
    Added window damage on on office dividers with glass in them

Escapes
    Added Park Escape in daytime and Cafe Escape in daytime for better variety
    Removed some flying bushes on the Park Escape

Watchdogs Job - Truck load
    Fixed a gate that reacted in a strange way when C4 was used
    Fixed an issue where bags could be thrown in unreachable places

Firestarter Job - Day 1
    Fixed so cameras stop beeping after the alarm goes off

Firestarter Job - Day 2
    Fix for cuffed guard that is not detected as suspicious activity
    Fixed breakable glass in the server room

Safe house
    Fix for one secondary slot missing in weapons rack

And now... we continue :) Have fun guys!

6F32U1X.png
    jeez

that's a huge-ass gap

yeah, apparently a buncha later stuff got cut for the release date. the hope is it all gets added in slowly.

But odds are you'll be set in your ways long before you hit level 39 so it won't even matter.

thought 39 is the double barrel shotgun and that fucker is rad as shit. i got both mods for it and it's tiny and just murders everyone.

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    oh damn

that is a lot of stuff

so now 2-3 day jobs are back in the rotation and you're more likely to have to run escape missions in between days

overkill's QA might not be the best, but the fact that they listened to their community and implemented a lot of the fixes requested is really impressive

Q1e6oi8.gif
    They always were in the rotation, we played some last night. they just upped the pay out and a higher chance for escape missions.

that sure is a--
    --fffffff

that sure is a--
    --fffffff

huh! missed that. shit now i might be able to spec out of saw.

Snowbeat wrote: »
    oh damn

that is a lot of stuff

so now 2-3 day jobs are back in the rotation and you're more likely to have to run escape missions in between days

overkill's QA might not be the best, but the fact that they listened to their community and implemented a lot of the fixes requested is really impressive

their QA is fine, they just had to cut half the game in order to release mid-august. it was either cut the content or release a month+ later, probably

so things like there not being unlocks every 10 levels like there's supposed to be is not a hard thing to bear until mid-september, imo

people who get mad at overkill despite their awesome community support (on steam forums and w/e) really make me mad. these guys are basically mother theresa in video games

I'm just sorta annoyed at downloading i have to do.

My connection is slow. i've had to download like 3 gigs of updates so far.

I weep for someone who actually hsd a bandwidth cap.

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    oh damn

that is a lot of stuff

their QA is fine, they just had to cut half the game in order to release mid-august. it was either cut the content or release a month+ later, probably

so things like there not being unlocks every 10 levels like there's supposed to be is not a hard thing to bear until mid-september, imo

people who get mad at overkill despite their awesome community support (on steam forums and w/e) really make me mad. these guys are basically mother theresa in video games

ah, that explains a lot

but yeah, i'm not mad at them, it's just that the game in its current form is obviously somewhat unfinished

fun as hell, though. and the best goddamn "feel" for virtual firearms i have ever encountered in a videogame. i often find myself firing my gun just to hear the sound

Q1e6oi8.gif
    i'm still interested but i think i may wait until a lot of the cut stuff is added back in before i jump in on actually buying it

hopefully that won't take long

oh damn

that is a lot of stuff

ah, that explains a lot

but yeah, i'm not mad at them, it's just that the game in its current form is obviously somewhat unfinished

fun as hell, though. and the best goddamn "feel" for virtual firearms i have ever encountered in a videogame. i often find myself firing my gun just to hear the sound

i didn't mean you. just the hordes of anonymous internet users

oh damn

that is a lot of stuff

ah, that explains a lot

i didn't mean you. just the hordes of anonymous internet users

please don't hit me

Q1e6oi8.gif
    rats after patch five:

http://i.imgur.com/jCJAWSk.jpg

i'll be in my bunk.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    shields are the worst

well, stealth missions are still kinda boring when you're not someone who likes stealth stuff, but i honestly haven't notice much in the wya of changes outside of not being able to grab things through walls anymore.

i'm still interested but i think i may wait until a lot of the cut stuff is added back in before i jump in on actually buying it

hopefully that won't take long
    If you haven't bought it at this point, I would just wait. They're selling so well that they'll probably put the game on sale when they add the cut content.

YL9WnCY.png