Options

A Wholesome, Snowbeat-free Webcomics Thread

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    McDonalds sucks late at night.

Hungry at 3 AM? Too bad, they're converting to the breakfast menu.

Jack in the Box, however, serves everything on their menu 24/7. And they don't act like its an inconvenience to do their job.

if you're buying food from a mcdonalds at 3:00 am you should be happy that the servers aren't actively trying to murder you

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was a place where I could get something in my belly. I didn't realize the company just pays you to sit there and scowl at potential customers."

I'm often heading home at 3 AM and need something in my tummy for the trip. It's not like 3 AM rolls around and I head out for a burger.

if someone is working an all-night shift at mcdonalds they do not give even the slightest of fucks about you or likely anything aside from surviving through their shift and going home

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    someone working in a mcdonalds at 3am is to be pitied and someone getting pissy at mcdonalds staff at 3am is to be shunned

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    excuse me but I am paying their wages and I am as the customer ENTITLED to prompt and cheery service and I demand to speak to your manager

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I have never once gotten pissy at a food service worker at 3 AM. I save my ire for the Internet.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    oh haha, how silly of me I forgot that if I work really hard at giving good service here I'll get a rais-

Err I mean I'll get a promot-

Err I mean I'll get appreciated by the cus-

Err no but at least I'll be able to have pride in working for a nice com-

...In selling quality foo-

Fuck you mister read the fucking sign, there is literally no reason in the world for me to take the time to explain it to you

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    oh haha, how silly of me I forgot that if I work really hard at giving good service here I'll get a rais-

Err I mean I'll get a promot-

Err I mean I'll get appreciated by the cus-

Err no but at least I'll be able to have pride in working for a nice com-

...In selling quality foo-

Fuck you mister read the fucking sign, there is literally no reason in the world for me to take the time to explain it to you

look I asked for extra mayonnaise and there is very clearly only an average amount of mayonnaise on the 3rd burger and I am not leaving until I have a full refund and an apology from both your manager and the employee responsible

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Crap, Mark of teh Ninja just launched their DLC,
    This is where I would put a webcomic but that was the most interesting result of gis'ing "mark of the ninja webcomic"
    3uzmIY4.jpg

• Options
    I just want to be clear even though I sort of started this,

I don't agree with Dongs Galore.

• Options
    I just want to be clear even though I sort of started this,

I don't agree with Dongs Galore.

so you too are against me

I've fought under this flag of customer rights and bigod I'll die under it

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    A year and a half of working decent shifts at Walmart made me absolutely despise customers and everything about them

I do not even want to begin to dwell on the psyche of someone who works 3 am shifts at a McDonald's

• Options
    Don't you dare call me a bigod.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    A year and a half of working decent shifts at Walmart made me absolutely despise customers and everything about them

I do not even want to begin to dwell on the psyche of someone who works 3 am shifts at a McDonald's

working the 3am shift at the mcdonalds inside the 24 hour walmart

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Yeah for real though customers are the worst.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    comic315_zps1082ecd0.png
    This happened to me as I was visiting a friend's town -- Katrina told me to buy one of her dress designs and it became pointedly obvious that they were in cahoots.

Thank you if you came out to San Japan! It was a great show and I remembered the Alamo as hard as I could and I THINK I got first place!

Awkward Zombie.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Rolo wrote: »

working the 3am shift at the mcdonalds inside the 24 hour walmart

A sweep of their house reveals that the walls have messages hastily scrawled like "YOU SAID MEDIUM NOT LARGE" and "IT'S NOT MY FAULT THE CREDIT CARD DIDN'T WORK IT'S NOT MY FAULT"

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Fuck customers seriously

I got a complaint today because I didn't take a dudes reward card, even though he interrupted me to tell me he didn't have one half way through asking him

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Late night shifts at Walmart were probably really tame compared to what late night fast food employees get.

But they were still awful.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    I actually just worked my last day of my summer job Saturday

If I never work serving anyone food ever again, it'll be too soon.

• Options
    Isoldae wrote: »
    Late night shifts at Walmart were probably really tame compared to what late night fast food employees get.

But they were still awful.

It was scary how many regulars you'd get who only came after 10 pm

I mean, usually they were nice enough

Usually

Once I was on a register which was really outdated and just need to be replaced

Part of that was that there was a massive space between two of the metal components, but it was just small enough that you couldn't stick your hand in

This was the cigarette register, so I'm checking people's ID's and stuff, like you should

A lady comes up and hands me her ID. It's one of the paper ones, because she's lost hers and is getting it replaced. I picked it up, looked at it, and then when I went to give it back to her, my fingers slipped, and it fell neatly into that space. I did everything I could to try and fish it out, apologizing profusely the entire time, but I just couldn't get at it. She told me "Oh, don't worry about" and then immediately turned around and yelled "HEY, THIS GUY JUST DROPPED MY ID" pointing at me

I was just about ready to quit right then.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I work in a cafe near a smallish beach in sydney. I am honestly one of the luckiest people in existence when it comes to customers not being horrible to me. It really hasn't happened much at all in the 8 or 9 months I've been working there.

Summers starting up again, and it'll get hectic as balls soon, but for the most part, the customers remain ok. There are just more of them.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Fuck customers seriously

I got a complaint today because I didn't take a dudes reward card, even though he interrupted me to tell me he didn't have one half way through asking him

This for me was always the worst thing about customers, how frequently they get mad or irritated or even enraged when you ask them questions you are required to ask, even if those questions are designed to help them.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Just a few days ago I was in McDonald's. And this guy ( and then his wife) threw a fit over frech fries.
    The servers were all teenagers and they were clearly understaffed.

I really wish I had recorded it or something.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

A couple days ago, I served two chicken sandwiches and kid's burger to a family.

A few moments pass, then the father points to the kid's burger and asks me what I just served him.

"It's...a burger," I reply, confused by the question.

"But what is that?" he asks, pointing to the patty.

"Beef."

The father explains to me that they don't eat beef.

Apparently, when he asked what came on a kid's burger and I told him it just came plain with cheese, he thought I meant it only came with, like, cheese and a bun.

It did not occur to him that a burger comes with a beef patty.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    all joking aside I legit do not comprehend how anyone can be rude to wait staff or servers

why would you piss off the person who handles your food

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    all joking aside I legit do not comprehend how anyone can be rude to wait staff or servers

power. they have to serve you because you're paying them.
    HDAiABg.png
    tom scioli's satan's soldier continues to make no sense

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Because some people are awful and get off on making their server feel like shit.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

Because we can't talk back to them.

So they can say literally anything they want and then probably get rewarded for it.

And in a place like where I work, even though we're still kinda fast food, we're professional enough that I've never seen anyone take their revenge on someone's food.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

In my experience it feels like we are just to low for those people to even register. It doesn't occur to them that they are talking to a person being paid very little to work really hard make you happy. It doesn't matter if they verbally abuse someone to tears because they are the wait staff, not people.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    There were some people that totally made me not hate my job and made me want to help them.

Generally elderly people.

Like this one 60 year old guy that was covered in tattoos came in the other and he just talked to me about his tattoos and my tattoos for awhile and that was rad as shit.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    I mean, yeah, my brother runs a Wendy's, I know it's actually extremely rare that anyone actually fucks with the food

but

still

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

A couple days ago, I served two chicken sandwiches and kid's burger to a family.

A few moments pass, then the father points to the kid's burger and asks me what I just served him.

"It's...a burger," I reply, confused by the question.

"But what is that?" he asks, pointing to the patty.

"Beef."

The father explains to me that they don't eat beef.

Apparently, when he asked what came on a kid's burger and I told him it just came plain with cheese, he thought I meant it only came with, like, cheese and a bun.

It did not occur to him that a burger comes with a beef patty.

Burger clearly means cheese sandwich. Thats all on you

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Basically "the customer is always right!" has gone from a cute little adage to sell people things to something people genuinely believe, that if they aren't getting what they think they deserve, by God, that must be the fault of the stupid kid standing in front of me.

Especially working at a place like Walmart, where you would overhear parents telling their children to study hard, lest they become like us.

• Options
    For a not-insignificant number of people, food servers don't even seem to register as human beings.

They don't listen to you, they don't bother trying to communicate clearly with you, and they sure as hell don't care that you can't do literally every job that needs to get done instantaneously.

You are a robot and you are damn well gonna get treated like one.

Thankfully, there seem to be an equal number of people who do treat you like a fellow human, so it tends to balance out.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    There were some people that totally made me not hate my job and made me want to help them.

Generally elderly people.

Like this one 60 year old guy that was covered in tattoos came in the other and he just talked to me about his tattoos and my tattoos for awhile and that was rad as shit.

I've found the opposite to be true. The relatively old seem to be impatient, selfish and completely unable to cut people any slack.

Whereas only like twice have I been yelled at over something petty by a twenty something.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I once had someone tell me we should be put against the wall and shot because we ran out of normal fries at the very end of a day where we were not at all prepared for the amount of business we got (we still had every other side on our menu).

Like, he was clearly joking.

But I found the joke to be in exceptionally poor taste.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Funnily enough, getting a job in the cafe helped me get over some heavy depression, and gave me back my sense of self-worth. Maybe it's because I'm a waiter, and I have to go up to people's tables and take their orders and I'm more directly responsible for people having a pleasant time.

• Options
    If someone asks me for something that isn't out on the sales floor 1 of 2 things generally happen.

If you are not an ass I will try my damnedest to try to find you that thing.

If you are an ass I will walk into the back and stand there for awhile and come back and tell you we don't have your thing.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I once had someone tell me we should be put against the wall and shot because we ran out of normal fries at the very end of a day where we were not at all prepared for the amount of business we got (we still had every other side on our menu).

Like, he was clearly joking.

But I found the joke to be in exceptionally poor taste.

sometimes you gotta have fries

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    he was a vanguard partisan of the fryvolution

all members of the burgereoisie shall be up against the wall on that glorious day of liberation

• Options
    Though, honestly, if I could make a wish to a genie to make all customers do one thing all the time, it would be to actually read the menu.

Why are you asking me what comes on this burger?

The entire topping list is right underneath the name.

IKknkhU.gif
This discussion has been closed.