As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Wholesome, Snowbeat-free Webcomics Thread

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    My favorite was this like 30 something lady who was trying to change her cake order and refused to let me help her and had me call over a manager.

Turns out the manager didn't know how to do that but I did because I used to work in the bakery.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    this fry problem wouldn't happen in a The McDonald world

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Ronnie your new av is creepy as hell

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    attn ronnie if you wanna use "Fryvolution" or "Burgereoisie" I won't begrudge you it because that's some grade-A historical materialist burger humor and it belongs to the world

it is the common heritage of mankind

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    I've found on average my worst customers at Home Depot will be middle-aged white women with this insane sense of entitlement.
    It's not as bad when I work in electrical, people tend not to second guess you when it comes to that. I know I helped a bunch of people today, but damned if I can remember almost any of them. It's awful how much the horrible customers will stick with you, while the nice people become just background.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I carefully put together the next order and walk up to the counter and call the number. A man standing just a little ways away from me walks straight up to me, looks down at the order and says

"That's not what I ordered. I wanted {something completely different]."

"Oh I'm sorry there must have been a mistake. Take the rest and I'll get your {whatever] right now"

"I didn't have any of that!"

"Sir what was your number?"

The man hands me his receipt and low and behold this is not at all his order.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    My best customer-service experiences were when I was a cook in an open kitchen, so my station was like 3 feet away from about 14 seats and I'd interact with customers all the time.

When you're in your chef whites and whipping through orders and doing fancy dessert things people tend to get... maybe not intimidated, but far less likely to just start spouting off like they actually know something. So I could straight-up tell people that no, no you can't have a low-cal creme brulee, because that is not a thing that exists. Whereas if I was working as a server and explained it to them with exactly the same words they'd never believe I could possibly know what I was talking about cuz he's just some server and damnit lemme talk to your manager who I'm so totally friends with I want my fat-free Hollandaise and I want it now!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Though, honestly, if I could make a wish to a genie to make all customers do one thing all the time, it would be to actually read the menu.

Why are you asking me what comes on this burger?

The entire topping list is right underneath the name.

It's just as bad anywhere. I swear people lose the ability to read the second they walk in the doors.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I've found on average my worst customers at Home Depot will be middle-aged white women with this insane sense of entitlement.
    It's not as bad when I work in electrical, people tend not to second guess you when it comes to that. I know I helped a bunch of people today, but damned if I can remember almost any of them. It's awful how much the horrible customers will stick with you, while the nice people become just background.

I worked in lumber and building materials, and let me tell you buddy, contractors are absolute scum nine times out of ten.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2013-08-19-blood.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    tumblr_mqrh48N6sX1s4nh4ho1_1280.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So hed go to.jail at which point they'd take his assets and give them to her anyway?

Smooth man,

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what he is even doing there

maybe he was hoping to dig up her pot stash while snooping through her stuff or something

• Options
    I think it was all about control and intimidation. Dude doesn't seem like one for thinking things through.

• Options
    sdb20130819.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    the subtext here is that she knows how to treat a pussy

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    eAvUIEc.gif

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    The fourth to last panel...whatever else might be said about it, I love Order of the Stick's asides and commentaries about the nature of power. It's not "A sellsword stands in a room surrounded by three great men" riddle, but it's good.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    "Power equals power" was a great speech.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I never understood that riddle.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Today I was paged to the counter and in the 10 seconds it took me to get there the customer ignored me and instead pulled out his phone to make a five-minute phone call. While constantly leering at the female staff member next to me who had her back turned.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »

Someone smart is gonna tell me I'm wrong I suspect, but I always understood it as being about most forms of power being kind of imaginary, and dependant on people agreeing that you have power, the sellsword can just as easily kill any (or all) of the men regardless of their wealth or titles.

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

Someone smart is gonna tell me I'm wrong I suspect, but I always understood it as being about most forms of power being kind of imaginary, and dependant on people agreeing that you have power, the sellsword can just as easily kill any (or all) of the men regardless of their wealth or titles.

That's how I interpreted it as well.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

That's how I interpreted it as well.

such a good scene
    http://youtu.be/0pxSRa5KRKc

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    2013-08-19-289.png

Three Panel Soul is a webcomic about the 9-5 lives of mages.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    20130819.png
    at lust we are rejuined

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    retold more succinctly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY7stDTWjRI

ed: also the answer to the riddle is, the sellsword takes all of their money and kills them all (not necessarily in that order)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    2515.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    More feels from that one than the previous, honestly.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    retold more succinctly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY7stDTWjRI

ed: also the answer to the riddle is, the sellsword takes all of their money and kills them all (not necessarily in that order)

Actually I'd argue that in this example the Sellsword obeyed the priest.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    sellsword kills the king and the priest, because the rich dude is the only one who offered any money

that's what a sellsword is, they are mercenaries

he wouldn't kill the rich dude because he needs to keep his reputation intact to get more clients

BAM, riddle solved

broken image link
  • Options
    sellsword kills the king and the priest, because the rich dude is the only one who offered any money

he wouldn't kill the rich dude because he needs to keep his reputation intact to get more clients

BAM, riddle solved

Or he kills the rich dude and takes all his money.

Then he's the rich dude!

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

BAM, riddle solved

Then he's the rich dude!

nah most of the rich dude's money is in the bank, ungettable

broken image link
  • Options

BAM, riddle solved

Then he's the rich dude!

nah most of the rich dude's money is in the bank, ungettable

That's why you cut off his face and make a mask after you kill him, to get at it.

Duh.

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    In today's sinfest Ishida asks a very important question

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    2013-08-19-chapter-4-page-32.png
    Thanks a bunch for reading my comic, everyone. Best fans.

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_mrrfgqquK41rqbb42o1_500.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Those little tadpole-things are so happy.

• Options
    algeyaalgeya Registered User regular
    2515.png
    without someone wearing the glasses I thought she would tuned off/stand by mode.

This discussion has been closed.