Options

A Wholesome, Snowbeat-free Webcomics Thread

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The wooden puppet show I saw with a dragon and a knight still is something I am very curious how they built

They were carved of wood and painted the knight could get off his horse and the dragon had wings and a little fire made of cloth to breathe

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    The fourth to last panel

There are so many panels

That this is a valid description

uuuugh

just

why do people post this fucking comic

Because it's interesting and well written. The plot and characters are engrossing. Something happens in essentially every update.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    I've never been to a renaissance fair, do they have archery competitions? Because I would totally be down for that. I'd really just want to shoot an old timey bow, I've always wondered what they are like.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    That rabbit is still a dick

that's why that dick is still a rabbit

Silly rabbit, dicks are for...

You know what. No. I'm on enough lists as it is.

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    700.hq.jpg?7014

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    algeyaalgeya Registered User regular
    Advocate wrote: »
    af06ab2eca537726ef4a6ac71f5bb71e539153602.jpg

Is this a parody of the saga comic?

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    That rabbit is still a dick

that's why that dick is still a rabbit

Silly rabbit, dicks are for...

You know what. No. I'm on enough lists as it is.
    if you didn't recognize any of the product slogans in this comic, YOU ARE STILL FREE! RUN! TELL THEM MY STORY.

hevHfK8.png

can't get enough of that Mom's Birthday on August 16th!

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    so who was snowbeat and what did he do

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Sometimes I post stupid stuff.

C4rZqq2.jpg

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »

C4rZqq2.jpg

This, however, is not one of those times.

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    QIWV8uN.png

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The fourth to last panel

There are so many panels

uuuugh

just

Because it's interesting and well written. The plot and characters are engrossing. Something happens in essentially every update.

I disagree. There's no disagree button, so I have to post this.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    late to the discussion but waiting tables is a job systematically designed to make poor people utterly despise other poor people

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular

C4rZqq2.jpg

I really like this

• Options
    icPGRyW.png

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    So, here's the riddle as I saw it worded
    “In a room sit three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man with his gold. Between them stands a sellsword, a little man of common birth and no great mind. Each of the great ones bids him slay the other two. ‘Do it,’ says the king, ‘for I am your lawful ruler.’ ‘Do it,’ says the priest, ‘for I command you in the names of the gods.’ ‘Do it,’ says the rich man, ‘and all this gold shall be yours.’ So tell me—who lives and who dies?”

Call me obsessed with mortality, but it hit me like a ton of bricks that they all die, because everyone dies, regardless of power or wealth

it's true that they all will die, but the riddle isn't pointing out mortality, it's asking who will die in that moment. It's asking who really has the power. Depending on how you see the world, you'll answer in different ways. There's no right answer. Even Tyrion gets corrected by Varys when he chooses the clever answer by saying "it depends on the sellsword." He gives the power to the mercenary, but that's not really true. The power will lie with whoever is the most convincing that they hold an imaginary construct.

The mercenary is after gold, yes, but kings have gold, too. Is he frightened of the gods enough by the priest that he'll abandon his material wants in order to serve them?

It depends on the showmanship of each man, not in the mercenary's whim. Because power is what we perceive reality to be.

Langly on
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »
    “In a room sit three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man with his gold. Between them stands a sellsword, a little man of common birth and no great mind. Each of the great ones bids him slay the other two. ‘Do it,’ says the king, ‘for I am your lawful ruler.’ ‘Do it,’ says the priest, ‘for I command you in the names of the gods.’ ‘Do it,’ says the rich man, ‘and all this gold shall be yours.’ So tell me—who lives and who dies?”

Call me obsessed with mortality, but it hit me like a ton of bricks that they all die, because everyone dies, regardless of power or wealth

it's true that they all will die, but the riddle isn't pointing out mortality, it's asking who will die in that moment. It's asking who really has the power. Depending on how you see the world, you'll answer in different ways. There's no right answer. Even Tyrion gets corrected by Varys when he chooses the clever answer by saying "it depends on the sellsword." He gives the power to the mercenary, but that's not really true. The power will lie with whoever is the most convincing that they hold an imaginary construct.

The mercenary is after gold, yes, but kings have gold, too. Is he frightened of the gods enough by the priest that he'll abandon his material wants in order to serve them?

It depends on the showmanship of each man, not in the mercenaries whim. Because power is what we perceive reality to be.

Contemplate this on the tree of woe.

• Options
    @rfilyaw Can I just say you have some of the best one-off (well, Runnie is two-off now) characters in pretty much any webcomic I follow.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    @rfilyaw Can I just say you have some of the best one-off (well, Runnie is two-off now) characters in pretty much any webcomic I follow.

I always feel bad for having one-off characters, because people end up loving them, and then I can't find more for them to do. A lot of people love Sun & Moon for example

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    maritzac wrote: »
    maritzac wrote: »
    so who was snowbeat and what did he do

snowbeat did not display the proper amount of webcomics spirit

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Edit: I need to knock this off.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I always feel bad for having one-off characters, because people end up loving them, and then I can't find more for them to do. A lot of people love Sun & Moon for example

If it helps any, I feel like M-Dude is my spirit animal.

It depends on the showmanship of each man, not in the mercenaries whim. Because power is what we perceive reality to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxyOTFQFWQ0

Taramoor on
  • Options

He's definitely my favorite. A lot of people hate him though, which isn't surprising

At the convention, I'd ask people who their favorite character was so I could draw them in their book, and if it was Ronnie, they'd always pause a really long time and look embarrassed before finally revealing it

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

He's definitely my favorite. A lot of people hate him though, which isn't surprising

At the convention, I'd ask people who their favorite character was so I could draw them in their book, and if it was Ronnie, they'd always pause a really long time and look embarrassed before finally revealing it

SMH if your favourite character isn't NugRon.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    248.gif

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    algeyaalgeya Registered User regular
    QIWV8uN.png
    yea those freaking animals always ruin my future fruit forests!!

• Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    Planned city structure? What are you, a COMMUNIST?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    B_R wrote: »
    Planned city structure? What are you, a COMMUNIST?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQTc-TqpU

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    JdMX7Aj.jpg

Like most things, Derelict contains a monster penis

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxyOTFQFWQ0

I rather think the point of Varys statement was that it didnt matter who lives and who died...that the power all three men had was only power bistowed upon them by the sellsword. All power is illusionary. We delude ourselves to think power is something we attain, it is something that you can only have if people allow it to gain power over them.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    he specifically says that isn't the case.

• Options
    "If it is swordsman who rule, why do we pretend it's kings who hold the power?"

"Power resides where people believe it resides"

That puts the power not in the hands of the sellsword, but in the person who can convince the sellsword that he is the one who truly has power. That's how power is illusory. Not that the common man has it, but in who can convince the common man.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    The fourth to last panel

There are so many panels

uuuugh

just

this might blow your mind, but it's because they like it (and other people also do)

In other news

TheFirstLaw-TGI_003_DIGITAL_Page_22.jpg

The First Law is a comic about bathing

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    But Captain Planet always says, "THE POWER IS YOURS!"

Who am I to believe?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    "Oh god it has so many panels"

Is hands down the most hilarious criticism of a comic to come out of this thread.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "Oh god it has so many panels"

Is hands down the most hilarious criticism of a comic to come out of this thread.

Too many visually indistinguishable panels is a valid criticism though. I look at Order of the Stick and wonder why the author doesn't just write a book instead.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Real talk, the idea of Sith being chaotic instead of evil and Jedi being lawful instead of good is way better than the whole light side/dark side split.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.