As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Flamboyant forumers follow [GIF] Thread

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    I was more than a little disgusted when I learned that her awful family got a reality TV show literally because of how awful they are.

I suppose that's nothing new, but... ugh.

Maybe this is what you mean but what I'm disgusted by is that this show's entertainment value is based on how stupid the daughter is and she's clearly too young to understand that. So at some point she's going to realize all the attention she's getting is viewers laughing at her and her family's expense which I fear it won't end up well.

Yeah, that's a big part of it.

That bit on Toddlers and Tiaras seemed really exploitative already, but making a show about them is just too much.

I am trying to retain my faith in humanity after realizing that a series of network executives looked at a show about toddler beauty pageant contestants and their horrible parents and said to themselves "Nope, not exploitative enough!"

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Now I've never watched Honey Boo Boo or seen anything related to that kid in any way except for when people are cruel to her in internet meme pictures

But it seems to me that the prime takeaway from the show is about how it's good to accept people no matter what they're like, and you can have dignity while still being really silly and never taking yourself too seriously?

Again, never seen it, but that sounds like an okay lesson to take away? A family that accepts each other for what they are unconditionally sounds pretty all right

Except that's not why people are watching. It's something to point and laugh at because they're overweight, poorly educated, lower class fools. It's exploitation in it's purest form as is most of what's on TLC and E! for that matter.

I feel like at some point (maybe after everyone grows tired of them) the daughter will realize not only does the viewing public not actually give a shit about her but that they've been laughing at her the whole time. That can't bode well for anyone's psyche.

I would venture that most fat, southern families know that the rest of America thinks they're a big joke. At least these guys will be financially comfortable for the rest of their lives, all for the low low price of letting people do what they were going to do anyway

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    OcAwdxO.gif?1

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    Now I've never watched Honey Boo Boo or seen anything related to that kid in any way except for when people are cruel to her in internet meme pictures

But it seems to me that the prime takeaway from the show is about how it's good to accept people no matter what they're like, and you can have dignity while still being really silly and never taking yourself too seriously?

Again, never seen it, but that sounds like an okay lesson to take away? A family that accepts each other for what they are unconditionally sounds pretty all right

Except that's not why people are watching. It's something to point and laugh at because they're overweight, poorly educated, lower class fools. It's exploitation in it's purest form as is most of what's on TLC and E! for that matter.

I feel like at some point (maybe after everyone grows tired of them) the daughter will realize not only does the viewing public not actually give a shit about her but that they've been laughing at her the whole time. That can't bode well for anyone's psyche.

I would venture that most fat, southern families know that the rest of America thinks they're a big joke. At least these guys will be financially comfortable for the rest of their lives, all for the low low price of letting people do what they were going to do anyway

This

This isn't really true

Most people operate on the assumption of their own inherent dignity, and that they should not be laughed at simply for who they are. We never really expect cruelty in other people unless we are confronted with it regularly.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Holy cow I didn't know Kurrgan started doing movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGbLrKkOl6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5I0mBIFCKc

And then WWE decided to hire ICP for a bit and this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_knAQOjua4

EDIT: For WWE they edited out the swears and replaced "Juggalos" with "Oddities"

Goose! on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I was more than a little disgusted when I learned that her awful family got a reality TV show literally because of how awful they are.

Maybe this is what you mean but what I'm disgusted by is that this show's entertainment value is based on how stupid the daughter is and she's clearly too young to understand that. So at some point she's going to realize all the attention she's getting is viewers laughing at her and her family's expense which I fear it won't end up well.

I would be surprised if she ever realized it

lots of grown-ass adults in reality TV don't have enough self-awareness to determine exactly what people think of them

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    c5yn2O4.jpg

@#pipe

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    mFQVWpY.gif

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular

Because child pageants are pretty good in that regard in the first place? She was fucked from day 1.
    Shorty wrote: »

I would be surprised if she ever realized it

lots of grown-ass adults in reality TV don't have enough self-awareness to determine exactly what people think of them

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »

This

This isn't really true

Most people operate on the assumption of their own inherent dignity, and that they should not be laughed at simply for who they are. We never really expect cruelty in other people unless we are confronted with it regularly.

As a fat southern relatively "low class" woman, trust me, you are always aware that you are the punch line to a joke as far as the rest of the country is concerned. You'd have to live in a cave to not be aware of people of Walmart, which skews heavily to making fun of women; if someone wants to make a joke about how dumb they are, they mimic a southern accent; southern women are often portrayed as fat, slovenly, and "too stupid" to dress "properly". People cope with it in all different ways but trust me it is definitely a thing people are aware of. I guess maybe I'm not explaining this well I dunno. It's definitely a thing though.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm just saying I come from Southern white folk too, and I have known many "fat, southern families"

Not a one of them ever operated on anything other than an assumption of their own dignity, because no one actively tried to take that dignity from them on a regular basis

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I used to laugh at portrayals of rednecks, simply because I thought they didn't exist. I mean, people can't live in trailers, with 5 cars missing their wheels, bad teeth, dumb as a pile of bricks, a lawn that has never been touched by a lawn mower, Confederate flags everywhere, mullets, and a constant supply of beer and cigarettes. After all, no person could be that bad, it had to be hyperbole. When I found out people like that exist (although not to the extent that the media portrays) I stopped laughing. Not just because I found it rude to be laughing at a group of people who existed, but also that it wasn't funny that there are people like that out there.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Wait what is wrong with being dumb, living in a trailer, and having bad teeth?

:( Muzzmuzz how could you.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    As a man with a whole lot of poor "rednecks" in my family, I can say for certain there ain't nothin funny about poor ignorant people.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Wait what is wrong with being dumb, living in a trailer, and having bad teeth?

:( Muzzmuzz how could you.

Ahhh, but you only have 3 of the requisite traits of a redneck, which makes you only a third redneck. You have to have at least 6 of the above traits to be classified as a true redneck.

And to be fair, I've actually wanted to live in a trailer, since the trailer park in my town are actually nice. Plus it's cheap, and if you don't have many kids, it's plenty of room for 1-2 people.

• Options
    Pssst trailers like to fall apart at the seems and they are expensive as fuck to fix.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Pssst trailers like to fall apart at the seems and they are expensive as fuck to fix.

Yep. Yeppers.

• Options
    Ah, well, it looks like that's out of the question....I hadn't really looked into it, I guess it was wishful thinking.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    As a man with a whole lot of poor "rednecks" in my family, I can say for certain there ain't nothin funny about poor ignorant people.

And as the same I can say there is because far far too many are PROUD of the fact that they're poor and ignorant and somehow try to twist that into meaning they're better then the rest of the world.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

i want a ridiculous baseball game where players have special moves that are just pitches like this and shit

anime karate baseball

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    God damnit I cannot remember the name of that video, the japanese baseball game with the crazy ass custom pitch animations

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

i want a ridiculous baseball game where players have special moves that are just pitches like this and shit

anime karate baseball

Excited Red Sox Fans Eagerly Await Debut Of Matsuzaka's 'Ultimate Galactic Dragon Gyroball Pitch Power Explosion'

• Options
    welcome to 2007 when The Onion made an "over 9000" reference

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Psh, throwing baseballs, how hard could it b-

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    dodgeball.gif

e:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDC5-eV6QaA

I love this video. The guy on the right falling over in shear amazement makes it

101 on
  • Options
    101 wrote: »
    dodgeball.gif

Are you saying...

I can dodge balls?

I'm saying, when you are ready... You won't have to.

• Options
    RINZ-LER

RINZ-LER

RINZ-LER

• Options
    KazitronKazitron Registered User regular
    x0n2TFg.gif

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    tumblr_lxtwtmeKlq1qdd8wro1_500.gif

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    tumblr_meq6upXyXU1rbypgdo1_500.gif

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    God damnit I cannot remember the name of that video, the japanese baseball game with the crazy ass custom pitch animations
    98Koshien
    xGW3hW8.gif

We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    tumblr_ln8alyqkOt1qztwte.gif

488W936.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    female-gymnast-first-pitch-like-a-boss.gif

since we were on baseball

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    d7cua2.gif

no no, like this

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    d7cua2.gif

no no, like this

and then you see walls and realize their house is terrifying

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    MaRtB.gif

tumblr_mjpk9gSTYQ1qbtzbno1_500.gif

488W936.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    hwVdDXdlZtlx.gif

• Options
    a gun, that's not very - does that thing whose head is mounted on the wall wear a goddamn bowler head and a bowtie

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.