As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Chat] Brotherhood

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The hell are you driving?

First gen Honda Insight.

That's some good MPG's! Mine can get over 30 if we're on the highway (depending on how fast I'm going) and generally stays mid 20's.

I wish it got 60. Ever!

Yeah if you want to drive a two seater manual, it's great :P

It would've gotten significantly higher MPG if not for the fact that we overloaded the car well past its maximum capacity and my mom was driving half the time.

gasp!

are you

breaking the law?!

\m/

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    how do i not have any white rum.
    It's national rum day.
    what sort of bullshit is dis?

There's a national rum day?

Yes. Is today. OK. I found about 2 shots of Bacardi white.
    a bottle of coconut jack coconut (spit!),
    and a bottle of Ron Del Barrilito that I dont remember ever picking up.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

First gen Honda Insight.

That's some good MPG's! Mine can get over 30 if we're on the highway (depending on how fast I'm going) and generally stays mid 20's.

I wish it got 60. Ever!

It would've gotten significantly higher MPG if not for the fact that we overloaded the car well past its maximum capacity and my mom was driving half the time.

gasp!

are you

breaking the law?!

Sometimes, to protect the law, we must become outlaws.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I wish I wanted a Moto X. They look pretty cool.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    British girls and women who fear they may be being sent to a forced marriage are advised to hide a spoon in their panties so that they're pulled aside in the security check at the airport and can say the forced marriage thing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    British girls and women who fear they may be being sent to a forced marriage are advised to hide a spoon in their panties so that they're pulled aside in the security check at the airport and can say the forced marriage thing

Apparently it works.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

First gen Honda Insight.

I wish it got 60. Ever!

I'll keep my new Dart.

Surprisingly room my front seats!

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I should not be this tired at 6 PM on a Friday.

Hello, bed! You look so tempting!

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

You mean forced marriages in like, the Middle East and Southern Asia?

• Options

They occur in other places too when people from those places move to new places.

• Options

No, newcastle.

What do you think.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

First gen Honda Insight.

I wish it got 60. Ever!

I'll keep my new Dart.

Surprisingly room my front seats!

Mine actually has roomy seats too, since there is no back seat. Since battery.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I taught my lil' bro in law how to bake a chicken when he visited us.

We're staying at my ma in law's house and I saw him bake a chicken for himself.

I have improved you, world!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Now to screw around for ten days.

Party at Shivahn's new pad!

• Options
    Quid, teaching chickenmancy to all the world.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Have you dealt with your inlaw problem yet?

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »

I chose my bed size based on this possibility >.>

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

... <_<

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

Have you dealt with your inlaw problem yet?

I am sitting in the kitchen making tablet posts while I abandon rad to deal with them.

It's nearly eight thirty and they still haven't excused themselves despite ma in law having spent the last hour or so in another room on the phone dealing with arrangements.

• Options

... <_<

L2htWR_YZdktA8TYAv3RbCDMI1JWXuWCuB3_-xyktts=w40-h28-p-no

• Options
    So that's where yetis come from.

• Options

... <_<

Hey, if you were moving across the country and had brand new sexuality to mess with and were going to live in the same place for like five years, don't you think you'd expect at least some bed-related parties to go on?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I assumed was not copyrighted, etc.

To be fair, Larry Lessig made the same assumption.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    JQB9TS7.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Eyes are to Max Garcia as feet are to Rob Leifeld.

• Options
    It is now actually eight thirty.

What is wrong with these people?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    SACRAMENTO, CA—Sharing their thoughts and opinions on a wide variety of topics and hot-button issues, five friends eating dinner at Tapper’s Bar and Grill Wednesday had a lengthy, animated, and utterly incoherent discussion about current events, sources confirmed.

In spite of numerous loud proclamations made by the individuals and several lively back-and-forth dialogues, witnesses confirmed that at no point during the impassioned 45-minute conversation did any member of the group make a single fully informed or well-reasoned statement about politics, economics, foreign affairs, or social matters.

“When Obama got elected, I expected him to overhaul Washington, but he’s just like any other politician,” said 29-year-old David Rubin, making what sources noted was a potentially justifiable claim before immediately undermining it with a muddled, incredibly bewildering line of reasoning. “Think about it—what are the campaign promises that he’s actually kept? Where’s health care? Where’s more taxes on the rich? Where’s gas prices?”

“And what about the troops?” Rubin continued. “They’re getting killed in Iraq every day and he’s not doing a thing about it. I thought he was going to get us out of there.”

The passionate discourse, said to have been initiated by a muted feed of CNN playing on one of the restaurant’s televisions, reportedly contained scores of factual inaccuracies, gross oversimplifications, self-contradictory declarations, and assertions that would fail to hold up against even the slightest of scrutiny.

Sources confirmed that the terms “fracking,” “sequester,” “Tea Party,” “entitlements,” and “the Fed” were all used out of context at various times throughout the heated debate, and that the phrase “Washington is broken” was also uttered over two dozen times.

Furthermore, reports indicated that each of the five friends genuinely believed they were having a serious intellectual conversation about prominent issues of the day.

“The biggest problem is that Senator Reid and Senator Boehner just can’t work together, plain and simple,” 30-year-old Mark Wagner said as the rest of the table began enthusiastically nodding and saying, “Yup,” “Thank you,” and “Exactly, Mark. Exactly.” “Obama will try to pass a bill, but then there’s [John] McCain, [Rick] Perry, [Newt] Gingrich, and, you know, the rest of the Republicans who aren’t letting anything get through. Though, if the Democrats had control of either of the houses they’d be just as bad, if not worse. That’s just party politics.”

“Just look at gun control—Bush vetoed the ban on assault rifles, and now shootings are happening all the time,” added a completely incorrect Wagner. “After Newtown, Congress tried to legalize background checks, but they couldn’t get the legislation through the courts. Same as Obamacare and same-sex marriage. It’s all about money.”

Witnesses said the friends then spent nearly five minutes fervently discussing the 2012 attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi, putting forth several incredibly illogical theories regarding “the NSA’s role in the cover-up.” Later, sources confirmed the group unanimously agreed that Obama is “breaking the laws in the Constitution” with the military’s use of combat drones, while also ambiguously summarizing that “it all goes back to Reagan.”

“Until we stop occupying the Muslim holy lands, Egypt and Syria are just going to continue being a hotbed for al-Qaeda and the Taliban,” said 29-year-old Casey Reynolds, jutting her index finger into the table while reportedly blending several sound bites from television pundits into a vague, disjointed stream of nonsense. “The Muslim Brotherhood controls the oil, so they have all the power. The longer this goes on, the more tension is going to build between the Israelis and Palestinians.”

“And I just read a really interesting article about how we still have our forces deployed in the Gulf right on their borders,” Reynolds continued. “I’ll send it to you guys. You should really read it.”

While their interactions were largely cordial, sources reported that the friends clashed at points, with one completely preposterous argument countered by another of equally unfathomable ignorance.

“Casey, I agree with a lot of what you’re saying, but I think China is definitely going to be the next global superpower no matter what we do,” said Jake Collins, 27, in what was reportedly the closest the group came to what could be considered a legitimate, substantiated comment. “What happened was, everything got deregulated, and that just killed all the jobs. So the jobs went to China, half of America is out of work, and the housing bubble went under. See what I’m saying?”

“Just look at Detroit,” Collins inexplicably added after a brief pause.

Upon finishing their meals and getting up to leave, the friends reportedly agreed that the absolutely incomprehensible discourse was fun and that “it’s a real shame more people don’t get together to discuss the issues.”

• Options

... <_<

Hey, if you were moving across the country and had brand new sexuality to mess with and were going to live in the same place for like five years, don't you think you'd expect at least some bed-related parties to go on?

You as in me as in I could have the sexings?

... no. icon_sweatdrop.gif

• Options
    It is now actually eight thirty.

What is wrong with these people?

Go rescue Rad, and take your in-laws down to see the alligators.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Trip total distance: ~3000 miles
    Trip mpg ~59.7

Yayyyyy

@shivahn

some stuff I can vouch for, if they're still open

in silver spring:
    to eat: bombay gaylord (indian), zpizza (pizza)
    to drink: mcginty's (irish pub), quarry house (basement bar)
    to do: afi theater

in cp:
    to eat: hard times cafe (chili), mamma lucia (noodles, especially the penne vodka) and there was a decent philly cheesesteak place right near campus
    to drink: I never drank much in cp because I didn't want to run into students but we did some happy hours at rj bentley's on the patio

and of course you have all of dc to explore so hop on the metro and check it out, it's a world class city

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    SACRAMENTO, CA—Sharing their thoughts and opinions on a wide variety of topics and hot-button issues, five friends eating dinner at Tapper’s Bar and Grill Wednesday had a lengthy, animated, and utterly incoherent discussion about current events, sources confirmed.

In spite of numerous loud proclamations made by the individuals and several lively back-and-forth dialogues, witnesses confirmed that at no point during the impassioned 45-minute conversation did any member of the group make a single fully informed or well-reasoned statement about politics, economics, foreign affairs, or social matters.

“When Obama got elected, I expected him to overhaul Washington, but he’s just like any other politician,” said 29-year-old David Rubin, making what sources noted was a potentially justifiable claim before immediately undermining it with a muddled, incredibly bewildering line of reasoning. “Think about it—what are the campaign promises that he’s actually kept? Where’s health care? Where’s more taxes on the rich? Where’s gas prices?”

“And what about the troops?” Rubin continued. “They’re getting killed in Iraq every day and he’s not doing a thing about it. I thought he was going to get us out of there.”

The passionate discourse, said to have been initiated by a muted feed of CNN playing on one of the restaurant’s televisions, reportedly contained scores of factual inaccuracies, gross oversimplifications, self-contradictory declarations, and assertions that would fail to hold up against even the slightest of scrutiny.

Sources confirmed that the terms “fracking,” “sequester,” “Tea Party,” “entitlements,” and “the Fed” were all used out of context at various times throughout the heated debate, and that the phrase “Washington is broken” was also uttered over two dozen times.

Furthermore, reports indicated that each of the five friends genuinely believed they were having a serious intellectual conversation about prominent issues of the day.

“The biggest problem is that Senator Reid and Senator Boehner just can’t work together, plain and simple,” 30-year-old Mark Wagner said as the rest of the table began enthusiastically nodding and saying, “Yup,” “Thank you,” and “Exactly, Mark. Exactly.” “Obama will try to pass a bill, but then there’s [John] McCain, [Rick] Perry, [Newt] Gingrich, and, you know, the rest of the Republicans who aren’t letting anything get through. Though, if the Democrats had control of either of the houses they’d be just as bad, if not worse. That’s just party politics.”

“Just look at gun control—Bush vetoed the ban on assault rifles, and now shootings are happening all the time,” added a completely incorrect Wagner. “After Newtown, Congress tried to legalize background checks, but they couldn’t get the legislation through the courts. Same as Obamacare and same-sex marriage. It’s all about money.”

Witnesses said the friends then spent nearly five minutes fervently discussing the 2012 attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi, putting forth several incredibly illogical theories regarding “the NSA’s role in the cover-up.” Later, sources confirmed the group unanimously agreed that Obama is “breaking the laws in the Constitution” with the military’s use of combat drones, while also ambiguously summarizing that “it all goes back to Reagan.”

“Until we stop occupying the Muslim holy lands, Egypt and Syria are just going to continue being a hotbed for al-Qaeda and the Taliban,” said 29-year-old Casey Reynolds, jutting her index finger into the table while reportedly blending several sound bites from television pundits into a vague, disjointed stream of nonsense. “The Muslim Brotherhood controls the oil, so they have all the power. The longer this goes on, the more tension is going to build between the Israelis and Palestinians.”

“And I just read a really interesting article about how we still have our forces deployed in the Gulf right on their borders,” Reynolds continued. “I’ll send it to you guys. You should really read it.”

While their interactions were largely cordial, sources reported that the friends clashed at points, with one completely preposterous argument countered by another of equally unfathomable ignorance.

“Casey, I agree with a lot of what you’re saying, but I think China is definitely going to be the next global superpower no matter what we do,” said Jake Collins, 27, in what was reportedly the closest the group came to what could be considered a legitimate, substantiated comment. “What happened was, everything got deregulated, and that just killed all the jobs. So the jobs went to China, half of America is out of work, and the housing bubble went under. See what I’m saying?”

“Just look at Detroit,” Collins inexplicably added after a brief pause.

Upon finishing their meals and getting up to leave, the friends reportedly agreed that the absolutely incomprehensible discourse was fun and that “it’s a real shame more people don’t get together to discuss the issues.”

I really, really liked this one

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I just had a vodka sauce and penne and sausage pizza and it was amazing

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Shivahn congratulations on becoming a denizen of the adequate state of Maryland

I hope you do not succumb to any diseases

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    i'm super stoned also

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    720 miles today

drove through seven states

the next three days will not be this heavy

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

... <_<

You as in me as in I could have the sexings?

... no. icon_sweatdrop.gif

That smiley

It doesn't look American!
    :shock:

• Options
    oh also ten ren's tea time in cp for bubble tea!

• Options
    chu is that a transcript of our drunken last night in boston at pax

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Yum bubble tea.

I should bribe my friends to get bubble tea with me this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.