As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread:

Mystery Kitchen Device

ZekZek Registered User regular
So this thing has been next to the faucet in my apartment's kitchen since I moved in, and I have no idea what it is:


It's connected to a white tube under the sink, but I've tried pushing and pulling on all its parts and nothing budges at all. I figured it might be a side sprayer attachment, but the faucet itself already has a hose nozzle. Anybody know what the heck this thing does???


  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    It looks a lot like the dishwasher overflow I have had in previous apartments. Sort of like a combination vent/drain in case of a clog. At least, that is what I believed it to be when my dishwasher got stuck on the fill cycle and water started coming out of it and draining into the sink.

  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Its for the dishwasher, its called an Air Gap.

  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah, it's so that the dishwasher can drain properly. Don't mess with it :P

  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Works for me, thanks dudes.

Sign In or Register to comment.