As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    does anyone know if poker night 2 is a smoother experience than the first game?

because the first is pretty clunky. Folding and trying to skip to the next hand is tedious, some animations lack subtlety, and conversations don't mesh with the flow of the game terribly well

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

because the first is pretty clunky. Folding and trying to skip to the next hand is tedious, some animations lack subtlety, and conversations don't mesh with the flow of the game terribly well

Eh, it's pretty similar in that regard. It is a better game, though, and I'd still recommend it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Luchaire wrote: »
    So I started up Skyrim again today.
    Last time I did that, I lost 500 hours somewhere.
    Doomed, I am.
    Don't forget to visit the Steam Workshop to enhance your Skyrim experience with some mods...

hcrhtpp.jpg1Cm8Cnj.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160680676
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132424266

... Scary.

I love pink but.. that might be a bit much even for me. ;)

I uh... might use pink war paint though.
    Erikka1.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I just didn't like the combat from the first game, and I'd heard enough negative stuff about the second's combat that I didn't think I'd like it.

W2 completely redesigned the combat to deal with complaints about W1, kind of like ME2 and ME1. I haven't tried it, but I think the combat rebalance mod isn't really the thing for someone who isn't already familiar with vanilla combat, and probably makes it harder, as well.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Doomed, I am.
    Don't forget to visit the Steam Workshop to enhance your Skyrim experience with some mods...
    hcrhtpp.jpg1Cm8Cnj.jpg

... Scary.

I love pink but.. that might be a bit much even for me. ;)

I uh... might use pink war paint though.
    Erikka1.jpg

That's kind of awesome. I briefly wondered if that was a mod, and then why I didn't do that with my character. Then I remembered that Frem the Benevolent Stabby One is a giant cat. He would have no patience for paint in his magnificent fur.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Couldn't resist trying Godus. There -is- a lot of clicking, but that is mitigated some later.

Right now advancing requires messing with terrain to find treasure chests (they have sparkles over them, no matter how deep they are) and combining what you find to fulfill requests. (They auto combine)

Basic gameplay... Start with two people, they build a house. That house produces god power you use to manipulate terrain. Make open spaces and more plots will appear. Houses produce new people (shown by a flag) by clicking the house when there is a flag visible. Don't click a house till you have a plot for them to work on. Two people build a house quickly. One person builds slowly. The bigger the plot (more open space) the bigger the house. Don't click houses to spit out people until plots are the size you want. My beginning area is littered with the lowest level houses and it takes forever to click them all to get god power. You can get god power by destroying rocks and trees, but there is some cryptic warning about destroying natures beauty or something... My opening area is a wasteland... But my later areas (same map) are lush with massive houses that produce hundreds of power at a time and two to three people at once. There are monuments scattered about that expand your area, or other things, but you build them like houses (they naturally come in different sizes).

I'm having fun. It really feels like modern populace.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Really? I've consistently heard it's one of the weakest parts. The stuff where you have to invest points to do things like parry sounds really silly to me.

Parry doesn't mean block in this case. Blocking is one of your basic moves you have right at the beginning. Parry in this sense is blocking to create an opening, it's a combat skill so it's not silly that it's an early part of the progression.

Gotcha. I'll try the unmodded game for a bit, which is the way I prefer to go. I just didn't like the combat from the first game, and I'd heard enough negative stuff about the second's combat that I didn't think I'd like it. But I keep hearing how great these games are and I want to give them a fair shake.

Combat is improved over the first. I like the combat in both games, but I get why most people don't like the fighting in the first one. The combat in Witcher 2 is funny. It's a lot like the first game. It's based on timing and using the correct attack in the situation. But the improved perspective and feedback goes a long way further in trying to communicate what they were going for in the first game. Also bear in mind that in typical Russian fashion the game starts out on the hard side. As you make progress and develop things become much much easier.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Knights of Pen and Paper+1

2.50 over at Gamersgate. Steamworks. A bit bizaare to see it hit 75 percent off so fast given Paradox hasn't really discounted it much yet. Heard good things about the mobile version, probably bite on it at this price though the steep discount out of nowhere makes me think it's about to be bundled.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

signature.png

@bobwoco is the winner!

NEXT WEEK's GIVEAWAY INCOMING!

So, Sleeping Dogs won't work on my computer. Crashes erryday.

As such, I'm giving away my copy to one lucky winner.

signature.png

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    How are you giving away your copy that you've played? What black magic is this?

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    How are you giving away your copy that you've played? What black magic is this?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I have now procured a copy to give away!

Ignore my previous note.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Do you have any idea why Sleeping Dogs won't work on your machine?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Okay, so here are the screens for the Altis Beauty contest. There's three plus one of my own. If you feel like joining in on the voting process then feel free to PM me which of the three entrants you think should win the emoticon and background.

1: Very blank but I still adored the location. Trying to pick which direction to take the shot from was tricky but this side had both an observatory and some nice hillscape:

2: Speaking of nice hillside this one was the one that made my computer grumble the hardest, all that tree line probably.

3: And finally something from the top of a large hill with a fantastic view:

4: This ones my own. Just felt like taking something a bit more intimate than 'LOOK AT MY DRAW DISTANCE' (12.5KM by the way)

1 - Wow, I think this just shows how immense the game is. For that, I think it is good. And, observatory? You sure that isn't a toy? Wow the distance.

2 - I think trees can ruin pc's. All those leaves. Funny, cause 2 looks like

3 - it is looking at 3! Ok, liked the wind turbines in the distance, but 3 gets a close up.

4 - Nice, I think the big issue is that it is a dart at a VERY large board.

Over all, I do want the game now. And I have no idea why. Can you get like a 20 v 20 army going on or something in that game? Would be epic to hold massive war games with all the fun things.

One of the more popular game modes for online pubs is Domination in which the players co-op together to conquer various towns from the AI. Players earn resources over time that they can use to recruit whole units and vehicles to their cause.

So yeah, you can go much bigger than 20v20.

Also no one has yet voted on the contest. At this rate I shall have to flip a three sided coin.

• Options

It crashes after about twenty minutes of play, with just a "Program has stopped working" message. Though there was an extended period where all of the characters were black. Not like African-American, but like Mr. Popo black. And then there was no HUD and I couldn't actually do anything, and a bunch of NPCs were floating around as just heads.

I'm pretty sure if I turn the graphics down to low it will run well enough. The only game in my library that actually hasn't run at all is Krater, which is just weird. I can run Tomb Raider at max, but Krater just gives my machine an aneurysm.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    What are your specs? Tried updating drivers?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Knights of Pen and Paper+1

2.50 over at Gamersgate. Steamworks. A bit bizaare to see it hit 75 percent off so fast given Paradox hasn't really discounted it much yet. Heard good things about the mobile version, probably bite on it at this price though the steep discount out of nowhere makes me think it's about to be bundled.

I played the mobile version, and unless they added a lot more content, that is a much more reasonable amount for it. It neat enough, but it's a bit shallow, and kinda repetitive. Good for playing in few minute spurts, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up as a sit down and play game

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Taramoor wrote: »

It crashes after about twenty minutes of play, with just a "Program has stopped working" message. Though there was an extended period where all of the characters were black. Not like African-American, but like Mr. Popo black. And then there was no HUD and I couldn't actually do anything, and a bunch of NPCs were floating around as just heads.

I'm pretty sure if I turn the graphics down to low it will run well enough. The only game in my library that actually hasn't run at all is Krater, which is just weird. I can run Tomb Raider at max, but Krater just gives my machine an aneurysm.

Hmm. What sort of system are you running? Have you tried to revalidate the files? As you can see from my sig, I know a thing or two about Sleeping Dogs. It ran like a dream for me.

I wouldn't think it was a graphics level thing, considering running it on "low" works...maybe it's one of the weather effects?

edit: And in terms of it breaking after 20 minutes, you're sure it's not overheating anything, right?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Okay, so here are the screens for the Altis Beauty contest. There's three plus one of my own. If you feel like joining in on the voting process then feel free to PM me which of the three entrants you think should win the emoticon and background.

1: Very blank but I still adored the location. Trying to pick which direction to take the shot from was tricky but this side had both an observatory and some nice hillscape:

2: Speaking of nice hillside this one was the one that made my computer grumble the hardest, all that tree line probably.

3: And finally something from the top of a large hill with a fantastic view:

4: This ones my own. Just felt like taking something a bit more intimate than 'LOOK AT MY DRAW DISTANCE' (12.5KM by the way)

1 - Wow, I think this just shows how immense the game is. For that, I think it is good. And, observatory? You sure that isn't a toy? Wow the distance.

2 - I think trees can ruin pc's. All those leaves. Funny, cause 2 looks like

3 - it is looking at 3! Ok, liked the wind turbines in the distance, but 3 gets a close up.

4 - Nice, I think the big issue is that it is a dart at a VERY large board.

Over all, I do want the game now. And I have no idea why. Can you get like a 20 v 20 army going on or something in that game? Would be epic to hold massive war games with all the fun things.

One of the more popular game modes for online pubs is Domination in which the players co-op together to conquer various towns from the AI. Players earn resources over time that they can use to recruit whole units and vehicles to their cause.

So yeah, you can go much bigger than 20v20.

Also no one has yet voted on the contest. At this rate I shall have to flip a three sided coin.

I was trying not to vote for mine, it felt silly.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I've spent most of the last 3 or 4 hours playing Awesomenauts. It's a lot more fun than I was expecting.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Doomed, I am.

hcrhtpp.jpg1Cm8Cnj.jpg

Fabulous! 8->

• Options
    Return of Saturn era Gwen Stefani is like, the ur-pink haired girl in my heart, so that gets a big thumbs up from me.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

Hmm. What sort of system are you running? Have you tried to revalidate the files? As you can see from my sig, I know a thing or two about Sleeping Dogs. It ran like a dream for me.

I wouldn't think it was a graphics level thing, considering running it on "low" works...maybe it's one of the weather effects?

edit: And in terms of it breaking after 20 minutes, you're sure it's not overheating anything, right?

dxdiag_zpsedabbdeb.jpg

It's entirely possible it's overheating. I've had problems in the past..

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Hit up Can You Run It? and see how your system does.

sig.gif
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Been on a badge binge lately trying to level up.
    So here's a list of coupons if anyone is interested in buying these games cheaper;

- 50% off Awesomenauts (which doesn't work right now, since the game is on sale)

- 75% & 66% off Faerie Solitaire

- 50% off Sequence

- 50% off No Time To Explain

- 3 coupons for 50% off the original Trine

- 75% off Frozen Synapse

- 50% off Waking Mars

- 75% off Serious Sam HD : The First Encounter

- 50 off Shank 2

Just ask for them on my Steam account. Though it'd be the first trade for me since we can't gift them....

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    Thanks to @cooljammer00 and the brilliant suggestion to see if my drivers are TWO YEARS OUT OF DATE I am now kung-fu'ing dudes well into the midnight hour.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    signature.png

@BigDes? Is there a @BigDes in the house?

WELL COME ON DOWN! YOU JUST WON A FABULOUS PRIZE. ONE SHINY BLONDE VIKING!

Accept my friend invite, but be careful! Volgarr's fragile!

ooooh thank you very much

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    I love pink but.. that might be a bit much even for me.
    Someone should warn Luchaire on Steam. It seems that some heretic has hacked her forum account.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Someone should warn Luchaire on Steam. It seems that some heretic has hacked her forum account.

Oh. Yeah, that. That was my evil twin. She also doesn't like cupcakes. I... took care of the problem. Full pink ahead!

Er, and on that note. Future minions of the world take note - after my conquest, if someone looks like me but expresses a distaste for pink or cupcakes, you should probably take cover or run for your lives. Also, hide the cookies.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Okay, this was a tad cool not to share: http://www.pcgamer.com/gallery/a-tour-of-altis-arma-3s-main-map/altis-tour/

Jeez guys, missing landmarks like this throwing a dart at 270KM of island 8->.

Unless anyone wants to throw in some last minute votes (considering we only have one at the moment) I'll round up the competition in an hour or two.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    So I found something about Awesomenauts that really isn't very awesome.

Given that it's an online game, it can get really frustrating at times. Sometimes I wish to just drop from a match.

If I decide I need to quit the game right away during a match, it gives me no way to do so.

Like, I can't just exit the game entirely, before making me wait 5 seconds.

So I hit alt+f4 just because I'm that impatient.

And doing this just reopens the 5 second countdown again.

what

What sadistic monster designs a game to stop someone from using alt+f4? o_O

Goatmon on

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

Eh, it's pretty similar in that regard. It is a better game, though, and I'd still recommend it.

hmm

ok

• Options
    Also, while I did have a lot of fun with the game at first, I got way too loud last night and so I'm gonna have to just leave the game be, at least for now.

I get worked up WAY too easily with these sort of games, and it leads to me getting ridiculously loud and frustrated and annoying the fuck out of my roommates beyond what is reasonable.

Alas.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Winners!

signature.png
    @BigDes

signature.png
    @ No one!

signature.png
    @Rhan9

Keys sent via PM! Thank you for playing!

• Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    30A3AA959264355FD11F9FFD2AE04569837E696A

Here I am back again with another thingy! A quack medicinal device for medic, perfect for Halloween or otherwise! Always appreciate the support you guys give me. *single tear* Also, omg I want to win that Sleeping Dogs because Ive watched a bunch of John Woo movies lately. PEW PEW

• Options
    And winner of the Altis contest by a landslide of having 100% of the votes (of which there was but one!) is Number 2:

1AA940043894722ABE9DF0F2FFC0C71BE8731E13

Which was @DyasAlure 's shot. So if they'd like to contact me on steam as to which factions camo background and emoticon he wants I'll hook him up. Based on how much they're going for the runners up are free to ping me for just getting ahold of a faction emoticon.

• Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Taramoor for Mass Effect 1 and 2!

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    One last reminder before these close out tomorrow:

signature.png
    Winner, @DHS Odium

signature.png
    Apparently when I made the 2nd giveaway I was too sleep deprived to see that I set them for different end dates, there's one more day to get in on the Dear Esther giveaway.

• Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    Simply bravo on all those COD pricing. Best Publisher Sales ever.

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    RoyceX7 wrote: »

Truly, the first Steam sale in history that is simply too good to not ignore.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    RoyceX7 wrote: »

Truly, the first Steam sale in history that is simply too good to not ignore.
    Call of Duty is Call of Duty, whatever, but what is up with keeping the likes of Singularity, Vampire, and Geometry Wars at a laughable 25% off? They're straight up turning down money.

This discussion has been closed.