As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Solforge: Set 3 Secrets of Solis Out Now!

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Anyone played constructed queues lately? I decided to try out yetis is so I am doing random to get used to it before trying out the actual queues. The plan is to grind out additional stuff for NT (or AN/ AT) mobility and/or poison.

Basically I just plopped a bunch of yet is plus weirwood plus thundersaurs together and called it a day. I am trying out the new hermit that lets you recur cards when yoy play him. Not sure if I like him yet. I figured I could get back glacial crush and just smash stuff or the yeti warlord but hasn't been great so far. Although I had a hilarious level 3 glacial crush on a level 4 oros that was over 100/100 (it had hit me for 50 or 60 to get huge). Put the guy all the way to 4 from triple digits and then a yeti poked for the win.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've been playing Tempys Rage and it's gone pretty well. The queues have been pretty janky. I've faced a lot of semi-mirror matches, including U/T, A/T, and N/T decks with Flamesculptors. Lots of Windweavers and Frostmane Dragons as well. I've also seen Wegu a couple of times.

• Options
    I was debating building something based on rage. But I think I am too many cards off of it.

I also want to try AN power down with a ton of minus attack stuff, but there's a lot of work to be done there and not sure if thats viable either.

• Options
    Rage is super fun. Vulnerable to variance, but damn near impossible to beat when it gets what it needs.

• Options
    Oh, various forms of Alloyin spell/leveler decks are also showing up, so bring some way to kill Ghox.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I like having my...whatever the Tempys dude is who gives you his Fire and Frost. I like having him in play, using his fire on whatever minion is in the same lane to kill it, then throwing Oratek Explosives on him. Like, boom, sucka, take 24! Also kill your other dude. Now you also trade with the next thing they put in that lane!

• Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    I set up my trade list on Kael's ladder:

http://solforgeladder.com/cgi-bin/viewhw.cgi?player=Supraluminus

Hit me up here if you want to trade. I'm especially looking for 2 Windweavers, then sets of Everflame Mystic, Staff of Vaerus, and Rage of Kadras.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I want your Borean Windweaver! (Goddamn those things are hard to find right now). From the Heroics you want I have Aetherphages, a Byzerak Frostmaiden, Lavafused Aesirs, a Saberfang, and a War Tinker.

I also have a legendaries I would trade for your Dysian Sludge.

admanb on
  • Options
    I'll trade my Windweaver for a Lavafused Asir. Sludge for Frostmane is fine too.

I'm open to trading any other heroics as well of course, feel free to propose something if you want anything I have. Or we can just stick to the above trade if you'd like.

• Options
    Just seeing those for now. I'm admanb in-game, you?

If I pick up any shareable Windweavers I'll come here first. :)

• Options
    Cards sent! I'm Supraluminus in-game. Some dingus sniped Supraluminal before I could get it, so watch out for that.

Looks like neither of us is active on the ladder so we can't record the trade there. If I get around to playing the five games I might recreate the trade so we get rep points for it, but I dunno if/when that will happen.

• Options
    Sent!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm really loving how technical everyone but Uterra feels in Draft now, as well as it no longer being Seal of Deepwood + Broodqueen Or GTFO town as far as putting together a decent record.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Yup. Draft feels really good right now. I've even beaten two different decks that played Broodqueen.

I also have a deck right now with no games played that has three Ebonbound Warlords and a Xithian Direhound. So... that happened.

edit: 1-0 now. Three Ebonbound Warlords is very stupid.

admanb on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I just got a Borean Windweaver in my draft today. I did not know a card as good as Borean Windweaver existed. Now I'm DEFINITELY making a mobility deck next. I also got a third Emberwind Evoker, so I don't even care that the draft is almost certainly going to crash and burn.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Windweaver is nuts. It's a Tarsus Deathweavers level enabler, not only for Mobility strategies but for anything that benefits from mobility (like Rage).

• Options
    What card DOESN'T benefit from mobility to at least some extent? And with 6/12/16 attack...Jesus.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    What card DOESN'T benefit from mobility to at least some extent? And with 6/12/16 attack...Jesus.

Yeah. There's definite body-size creep going on, which is mostly to the positive in terms of having guys last a round on the board, but I'd bet it gets nerfed at some point. After Wegu that's one of the biggest game-changers in this set.

• Options
    So, now that I feel confident prioritizing Tempys for development...what would people say is the best general-purpose Tempys legendary? Scorchmane Dragon, Frostmane Dragon, and Everflame Phoenix all fill a sort-of similar role and I'm not sure how one should prioritize them.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Frostmane for sure. Phoenix is when you need big level 1s or underdrops. Scorchmane is for leveler or board lock decks. Frostmane just generates continuous threats and advantages.

admanb on
  • Options
    So, now that I feel confident prioritizing Tempys for development...what would people say is the best general-purpose Tempys legendary? Scorchmane Dragon, Frostmane Dragon, and Everflame Phoenix all fill a sort-of similar role and I'm not sure how one should prioritize them.

Scorchmane and Frostmane are both better than Phoenix at this point. Which to prioritize depends on the deck. Obviously Scorchmane will do best in a deck with some leveling options (or maybe a deck that can use the egg for something like upgrade/sacrifice effects), while Frostmane is more flexible. You could probably fit both in an A/T mobility/leveling deck, though.

Not that Phoenix is without its uses at this point, though. It's still an excellent underdrop in the the right deck, and again a leveling deck has some synergy (though it's riskier in my opinion than Scorchmane). You could also try it with Soothsayer Hermit or draw mechanics to fish for eggs on 2.4.

• Options
    Huh. I guess I assumed Phoenix was still bigger than that for some reason. I don't really follow the competitive scene very closely.

I actually already have one Frostmane Dragon, and I usually try not to buy a third copy of anything (not that the odds of unwrapping a second dragon are worth considering), so...that answer doesn't actually do a great job accounting for my 560,000 silver. I guess I'll wait a while and see how T/A feels compared to T/N.

• Options
    do you guys hang out in the steam chat at all?

• Options

I play on iPhone as I don't currently own any kind of PC (though I'm about to assemble one!) so not at the moment. :)
    Huh. I guess I assumed Phoenix was still bigger than that for some reason. I don't really follow the competitive scene very closely.

I actually already have one Frostmane Dragon, and I usually try not to buy a third copy of anything (not that the odds of unwrapping a second dragon are worth considering), so...that answer doesn't actually do a great job accounting for my 560,000 silver. I guess I'll wait a while and see how T/A feels compared to T/N.

It fell off a lot after the nerf. The inconsistency of its leveling ability was always bad, so it didn't take much for it to lose a lot of power. I think it could still come back, but it would take the discovery of or addition of major synergy.

I currently run it as a 3x in my Rage deck, but I'm dropping it for Windweavers.

• Options

Occasionally. It's a decent place to look for advice, test matches, etc.

On another note, I just had a brutal 4-0 run through the Forgemaster WW queue. I figure I might as well share this list:

3 Cindersmoke Wyvern
    2 Kas
    2 Zyx
    3 Everflame Mystic
    2 Frostmane Dragon
    3 Windweaver
    2 Staff of Vaerus
    3 Explosives
    2 Overwhelming Force
    2 Flame Lance
    3 Static Shock
    3 Frostshatter Strike

Basically you're going to the face 99% of the time with your creatures, then getting bonus value out of that. Explosives is obviously a lynchpin, with another key interaction being Mystic and Vaerus. I had a couple of sickening turns of dumping my whole hand while clearing the board and doing tons of damage, and even the more average case of having a few unpredictable movers on board with flexible burn and buff spells in hand makes life hell for your opponent.

I faced 2 Wegu decks and 1 or 2 other aggressive T-based decks (Rage and Explosives both showed up). All 4 games ended in PL2. It was more or less of a bloodbath. That being said, my enthusiasm is tempered a bit by the expectation that this queue is full of people either messing about with experimental builds or who just don't have much skill/experience with the game and are trying god mode for a lark. I think there's probably room for improvement here, but it feels like a very solid start.

• Options
    wow, the last 2 days have not been good for me in solforge. multiple draft debacles, a disaster playing yetis in the queue. just can't get anything going, both a combination of play errors (pretty awful ones at that) and poor luck.

unfortunately NT mobility has been underperforming, but that just means that i'll end up focusing more on poison once i get the last 2 lashes.

• Options

I used to be in there quite often, under the same name, but my work schedule has changed so I'm there much less.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

Hit me up here if you want to trade. I'm especially looking for 2 Windweavers, then sets of Everflame Mystic, Staff of Vaerus, and Rage of Kadras.

@Supraluminal‌

I have a bunch of things you want. Aetherphages, Ghox, Nexus Aeronaut, Everflame Mystic, Ironmind Acyolyte, etc.

I want 1 scorchmane, 1 oros, 1 cindersmoke wyvern from you.

Which would you like to trade for? Pick whatever you want most

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »

@Supraluminal‌

I have a bunch of things you want. Aetherphages, Ghox, Nexus Aeronaut, Everflame Mystic, Ironmind Acyolyte, etc.

I want 1 scorchmane, 1 oros, 1 cindersmoke wyvern from you.

Which would you like to trade for? Pick whatever you want most

Out of what you've mentioned, I want Mystic the most. I would take 2 if you have them. Next would be Aeronaut, then Ironmind.

You tagged an "et cetera" on there, so if you happen to have any Staff of Vaerus, that's actually my #1 priority right now, up to a full set of 3. Do you have a full list of what you have anywhere, or was that all the legends you've got that I want?

• Options
    Here is my list, as well;
    1 Abraxas
    1 Brightsteel sentinel
    1 Cercee
    3 Dozer
    2 Everflame Mystic
    1 Frostman Dragon - Already shared
    1 Guantlets of Sulgrim
    3 Ghox - 1 of 3 already shared
    1 Glaceus
    1 Grimguant Devourer
    1 Heart tree
    1 Hinterland Watchman
    1 Ironbeard
    2 Ironmind Acolyte
    2 Iztek
    1 Lyria
    1 Nefrax
    1 Nexus Aeronaut
    1 Oreian Warwalker
    1 Oros - Already shared
    1 Palladium Simulacrum
    1 Scatterspore Eidolon - Already shared
    2 Scourgeflame Sorcerer
    1 Shardplate Mutant
    1 Soulreap
    1 Suruzal
    1 Thundersaur
    2 Wegu - Already shared
    1 Yuru
    2 Zyx

And a whole shitload of Heroic cards and what not

• Options
    Here is my list, as well;
    1 Abraxas
    1 Brightsteel sentinel
    1 Cercee
    3 Dozer
    2 Everflame Mystic
    1 Guantlets of Sulgrim
    1 Glaceus
    1 Grimguant Devourer
    1 Heart tree
    1 Hinterland Watchman
    1 Ironbeard
    2 Ironmind Acolyte
    2 Iztek
    1 Lyria
    1 Nefrax
    1 Nexus Aeronaut
    1 Oreian Warwalker
    1 Oros - Already shared
    1 Palladium Simulacrum
    2 Scourgeflame Sorcerer
    1 Shardplate Mutant
    1 Soulreap
    1 Suruzal
    1 Thundersaur
    2 Wegu - Already shared
    1 Yuru
    2 Zyx

And a whole shitload of Heroic cards and what not

Thanks. In that case, 2 Everflame Mystic and 1 Nexus Aeronaut for the three of mine that you want?

If you happen to have any Windweavers I'd be interested in two of those too; I would give better than even trades for them if you need any of my heroics. This offer stands for anyone who wants it!

• Options
    I do have 2 windweavers, but Ashurian Flamesculptors are pretty much the only heroics I want and don't have.

2 everflame mystics and 1 nexus aeronaut sounds good to trade for me.

Whats your name? Mine is Burtletoy same as the forums.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I do have 2 windweavers, but Ashurian Flamesculptors are pretty much the only heroics I want and don't have.

2 everflame mystics and 1 nexus aeronaut sounds good to trade for me.

Whats your name? Mine is Burtletoy same as the forums.

My SolForge name is Supraluminus. Someone else took Supraluminal before I got there, so don't be fooled!

I would be willing to trade you 19 junk heroics for your two Windweavers, by the way. Smelting them would give you enough silver to forge two Flamesculptors with 2,450 left over! But I understand if you want to look for a really sweet deal for them; I'm sure they're in high demand right now.

e: Oros, Scorchmane, and Wyvern sent!

Supraluminal on
  • Options
    Sent the cards. And updated my list again.

1 Abraxas
    1 Brightsteel sentinel
    1 Cercee
    3 Dozer
    2 Everflame Mystic - Already shared
    1 Guantlets of Sulgrim
    1 Glaceus
    1 Grimguant Devourer
    1 Heart tree
    1 Hinterland Watchman
    1 Ironbeard
    2 Ironmind Acolyte
    2 Iztek
    1 Lyria
    1 Nefrax
    1 Nexus Aeronaut - Already shared
    1 Oreian Warwalker
    1 Oros - Already shared
    1 Palladium Simulacrum
    2 Scourgeflame Sorcerer
    1 Shardplate Mutant
    1 Soulreap
    1 Suruzal
    1 Thundersaur
    2 Wegu - Already shared
    1 Yuru
    2 Zyx

• Options
    I would be willing to trade you 19 junk heroics for your two Windweavers, by the way. Smelting them would give you enough silver to forge two Flamesculptors with 2,450 left over! But I understand if you want to look for a really sweet deal for them; I'm sure they're in high demand right now.

Eh, sure. why not.

• Options

Eh, sure. why not.

Awesome, thanks a ton! Got the Windweavers. I sent all set 1 heroics on the assumption that you'll have full sets of them and so will be able to smelt them, but let me know if I was wrong about that.

• Options
    There are only 11 heroics that I don't have full sets of, so you would be correct :)

• Options
    umbruk lasher + borean windweaver is actually putting in work. granted it is just random queue, but there may be something there. i sorta just want to make dinosaurs competitive

• Options
    umbruk lasher + borean windweaver is actually putting in work. granted it is just random queue, but there may be something there. i sorta just want to make dinosaurs competitive

Rex is okay now, at 4/7, but the only real way they've been much good for me is in a Korok + Ridgeback + Lasher thing where they were basically guided missles with Aggressive. Couldn't get it tuned enough to be good in Solis, but maybe now.

• Options
    I just got a legendary chest for 1000 wins.

I play this game too much.