As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tech] thread - Galaxy Gear is bad

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    plop that store credit onto a prepaid master card and laugh your way out of the store

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    plop that store credit onto a prepaid master card and laugh your way out of the store

I'm pretty sure no store in the country is dumb-enough to let you put STORE CREDIT on a prepaid gift-card. That's pretty standard policy.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i just traded in my mint condition old iphone 4 16gb to gamestop for $250 store credit

hell of a deal

What the blue blazes!? That's a good $70 more than I got a year ago and I was told it was the most they were authorized to pay for it. It had the earbuds, charge/sync cable, wall unit and the entire box with manual all in excellent condition!

Are you sure it wasn't a 4S or something?

edit: Wait a sec. I got cash money, not store credit. Still, seems like more than I was offered.

i got a base store credit of about $197 and some sort of value bonus for buying Madden in the same transaction, which brought it to $254

So in essence I got $200 and a free copy of madden

and yes it was just a 4. the box/cables are worth nothing to them. they give you like one extra dollar

you can't put store credit on a mastercard. if you got cash it would have only been about $140, with no madden offer, i think

Jasconius on
  • Options
    T4CT wrote: »

I'm pretty sure no store in the country is dumb-enough to let you put STORE CREDIT on a prepaid gift-card. That's pretty standard policy.

Well sooooooooooooooorry

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Guys

I like the Nexus 4 a bunch

• Options
    Quiet! The ghost of Steve Jobs is gonna put a curse on your family Dan!

• Options
    Tempted to pick up a Nexus 7

iOS still has me by the balls with how much of my day to day workflows are tied to it now, but having an Android tablet to play around with and get more experienced with isn't the worst thing.

But I was definitely impressed with the N4's hardware, and the screen. Configuring it for the coworker was a snap thanks to GApps for Business's rudimentary MDM stuff, and adding the Meraki MDM stuff was just as easy.

Only sticking point about the N4 is the pretty wimpy storage. 16GB is not that much these days.

• Options
    That new Nexus 7 is a sexy beast.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    The Nexus 7 is most definitely not going to feel anywhere near as nice as the N4, from a materials standpoint

But it is real good stuff inside/screenwise

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    The screen and processor is what I care about. I like a girl for her brains more than her looks.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    The screen and processor is what I care about. I like a girl for her brains more than her looks.

I like a girl for her titanium shell and her gorilla glass

• Options
    Rolo wrote: »

I like a girl for her titanium shell and her gorilla glass

Wait, what? What tablet has a titanium shell?

• Options
    Uh duh, he was talking about girls, dummy

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    It's creepy to objectify Antimatter that way.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    So the Terraria iOS port seems pretty neat. Anyone know if there's a way to have saved stuff sync between an iPhone and iPad with it?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    So the Terraria iOS port seems pretty neat. Anyone know if there's a way to have saved stuff sync between an iPhone and iPad with it?

It doesn't seem to support cloud saves yet

• Options
    You have to build a really tall tower before you can cloud save

• Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    You have to build a really tall tower before you can cloud save

holy fuck this should be a real thing

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    If I factory rest my phone, will I lose my ported number?

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    If I factory rest my phone, will I lose my ported number?

unless something is crazy crazy different in the states no

phone number is tied to either your SIM card, or the serial number (in the case of CDMA phones)

so you can just wipe it and the network will still know who you are

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    So MS bought Nokia's device business. Pretty much signals the end of 3rd party WP devices I would think.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    the iOS Podcasts app keeps crashing on me and being stupid, so

I've heard of Instacast and Downcast, any other podcast apps I should check out? Preferences?

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I am thinking about buying a Chromebook.

I need something to write papers on since my desktop died in April.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I use instacast and think its fine.

But saying that, real iOS 7.0 will be out next week and bet your dollar the podcast app will be updated.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i used to use instacast until a few weeks ago and switched to downcast cuz i was having a few issues and now i like it better

poo
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    yo anyone got an htc one and if so how is it?

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Really fucking great.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    i just traded in my mint condition old iphone 4 16gb to gamestop for $250 store credit

hell of a deal

What the blue blazes!? That's a good $70 more than I got a year ago and I was told it was the most they were authorized to pay for it. It had the earbuds, charge/sync cable, wall unit and the entire box with manual all in excellent condition!

edit: Wait a sec. I got cash money, not store credit. Still, seems like more than I was offered.

i got a base store credit of about $197 and some sort of value bonus for buying Madden in the same transaction, which brought it to $254

and yes it was just a 4. the box/cables are worth nothing to them. they give you like one extra dollar

you can't put store credit on a mastercard. if you got cash it would have only been about $140, with no madden offer, i think

This link says my 4S if mint is worth $90 so I think you held up a Gamestop and I'm calling the cops.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

hell of a deal

This link says my 4S if mint is worth $90 so I think you held up a Gamestop and I'm calling the cops.

You must have a Sprint version? Check out the AT&T price

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Nikolai wrote: »

It is for seriously a great piece of hardware. I really like mine

I can write up a longer thing if you want more info once I get home later

Artreus on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Verizon actually. Damn, why are AT&T phones worth so much more?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    Verizon actually. Damn, why are AT&T phones worth so much more?

GSM (like AT&T and T-Mobile) phones can be unlocked to work on other carriers and internationally. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA so the service is built into the device instead of the SIM card. It makes it very difficult to unlock them. They're basically locked to the original carrier cutting down their resale value.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Nikolai wrote: »

It is for seriously a great piece of hardware. I really like mine

I can write up a longer thing if you want more info once I get home later

If you want to that would be great. I've had my iPhone 4 for 3 years and want something new. Everything i've read on the htc has been positive so i'm thinking about going down friday and buying one.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Pictures of the next Nexus device leak as part of the Android 4.4 (KitKat, ugh) statue video. Whoops!

Based on the fact that it's A) larger and B) still made by LG, I'd say it's pretty much a rebadge of the LG G2.

• Options

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/chromebook-week-of-hell/

• Options

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/chromebook-week-of-hell/

I'd never use one as a primary machine, but it'd probably be a passable couch computer if you want something cheaper than a tablet + keyboard.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    There is a new kindle paper white out.

Not much difference, vaguely lighter, faster processor, sharper screen (!) and they have apparently improved the light distribution and accuracy of the touch screen.

(Fuckin' US only at the moment)

• Options
    Who wants to do a man a solid and be an severe service for me?

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Pictures of the next Nexus device leak as part of the Android 4.4 (KitKat, ugh) statue video. Whoops!

Based on the fact that it's A) larger and B) still made by LG, I'd say it's pretty much a rebadge of the LG G2.

Ugh it looks massive and unwieldy

Paaaasss

I don't mind the name KitKat.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    ugh switching my iphone to sync to my new computer UGHHHHH

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
This discussion has been closed.