Options

[Tech] thread - Galaxy Gear is bad

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Once you get a big screen, you won't be able to go back.

Note 3 for lyfe!

or until the Note 4 drops

Fuck yeah, this thing is the best. I hate having to use anything with a smaller screen now

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I was in an AT&T store last night and played with the LG Flex. That phone is truly awkward to use. It is just gigantic feeling in hand.

Also cell phone plans are hella expensive and I didn't really realize it. We've been on a family plan for a long time but we need more data. We tried to go to their share everything plan but if we all want to have new phones at some point our monthly bill will be $Texas. Like, $150 for the data, $15 per line for phone/text, $25+ per phone with Next, and all the fees. It's kind of outrageous. I actually miss subsidized 2-year contracts.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I honestly think the form factor of the galaxy s3/s4 is pretty much perfect

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Changing from Verizon/Note 2 to AT&T/Nexus 5 today (as long as the weather doesn't delay delivery again)

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Is $300 a good asking price for a Note 2 with a 64gb micro SD card and a Samsung flip cover?

The phone has some slight nicks on the sides but the screen is perfect

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I think I'ma get my mom an Iphone.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Is $300 a good asking price for a Note 2 with a 64gb micro SD card and a Samsung flip cover?

The phone has some slight nicks on the sides but the screen is perfect

you can probably find the going price on craigslist

add $50 for the microSD card

• Options
    Right now my mom has a Samsung Gravity Smart. It's kind of too slow to even read email on.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    If you guys think the note 3 is bad, look at the Galaxy Mega

Fucking obnoxiously large screen

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options

Xperia Z Ultra

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    I was in an AT&T store last night and played with the LG Flex. That phone is truly awkward to use. It is just gigantic feeling in hand.

Also cell phone plans are hella expensive and I didn't really realize it. We've been on a family plan for a long time but we need more data. We tried to go to their share everything plan but if we all want to have new phones at some point our monthly bill will be $Texas. Like, $150 for the data, $15 per line for phone/text, $25+ per phone with Next, and all the fees. It's kind of outrageous. I actually miss subsidized 2-year contracts.

@jgeis if you crunch the numbers Next is a bad, awful, horrible, no good, very bad idea so don't do that

• Options

Xperia Z Ultra

the man is right

also I use the mega to remote desktop my computer and play hearthstone so

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I honestly think the form factor of the galaxy s3/s4 is pretty much perfect

same but Nexus 5

and iPhone

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Ordered a Nexus 7

How do I android

How do I remotely support android

How do I

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Ordered a Nexus 7

How do I android

How do I

hit refresh in app store to see if any games were finally ported

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I used to think my iPhone 5 was the perfect size until I switched to a Moto X.

The next iPhone and iOS 8 is going to have to be something really special to make me think about switching back.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    my tv is supposed to be delivered today

me oh my i'm so excited, driver please don't fuck something up

• Options
    Ordered a Nexus 7

How do I android

How do I

You have more fun with it than iOS

• Options
    It's for work, we're testing giving a couple of our sales guys tablets and the mobile app we use so they if they sell demo product or give a customer product on consignment, they can create the order on their device, have the customer sign for it, and email it to them, and the whole thing gets saved into our systems back at the main office.

But the median age of these users is something like 45+

I found BOMGAR which seems super useful but could be pricey. There's TeamViewer, I guess which could work.

Just gonna be easier to support an android tablet for the olds than iOS.

• Options
    Oh my god this tv

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Edit: I posted this in the wrong funkin' thread.

introp on
    Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Oh my god this tv

nerd the fuck out man

tell us about it

what'd you get

• Options
    i specifically come to this thread to a) nerd the fuck out and b) read other people nerding the fuck out

• Options
    Hey not really technology based but.

@Abracadaniel

Tell me about coffee. I like it but I don't want no more gross maxwell house that sits in my fridge for months and a ten year old coffee maker.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Coffee tech related.

Keurig's are the shit.

It might be one of the best things I own.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I enjoy keurig for the convenience, even if it isn't the best possible cup of coffee

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I just wanna get a french press and a cheap grinder. No burr grinders because I'm a cheapass.

But I'm looking at two roasters in town too...

• Options
    Like I'm used to drinking refrigerated maxwell house light roasted pregrinded stuff in a drip pot. I rarely drink it because well... My brother rarely cleans our pot :s

So I figure it's time to drop a little money for a press, grinder, and some beans.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    This has been linked before in the food thread, but I'm going to get one of these. Cold drip is super nice and low in acidity, and is something harder to find. I can wander across the road for a hot coffee, but to get a cold drip I have to go much further afield.

Also if you're curious about cold extraction but don't want to spend too much on a punt, you can totally just dump some ground coffee and water into a tub and leave it for 8-24 hours before straining it through cheesecloth. It works well enough to let you know if you like it.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    So I am here with the HTPC my dad gave me and I never got/forgot the password.
    Debating on whether or not to wait and see if he just tells me tomorrow, or try and brute force a reset.

Most of the things I'm finding are either "make Windows think the Command Prompt is StickyKeys" or burn this tool onto a disc and use that.

I should probably wait.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Keurig is indeed the shit

But it sucks how you have to get the more expensive model type to even be able to buy recyclable cups

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    It's hard to go wrong with a french press, really. That shit's some basic technology that even your stone-age ancestors could appreciate. (Basically) three variables, each of which is pretty danged easy to evaluate.

I'd wager you'd be better off buying a few days of pre-ground if you're not yet willing to buy a burr grinder. I've just never had any luck getting a consistent size from a blade grinder. Maybe I just don't have the touch. Considering how cheap a good manual burr grinder is, I don't see how I could justify the cursing.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    My blade grinder does a pretty good job. The only downside is I have to flip the whole thing over once I'm done grinding the beans to get everything into the plastic top.

The fun part is, it can do a really good job of spooking @Sier or the cat.

I consider it a bonus if I can get both.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Keurig is indeed the shit

But it sucks how you have to get the more expensive model type to even be able to buy recyclable cups

Really? I haven't tried bringing my reloadable pods to work (where we have a 1-cup cheapo Keurig) so I had no idea there was any way for it to tell you weren't using official pre-packaged pods.

I only got them so I could brew my loose-leaf tea one cup at a time without having to wash-out a teapot or thermos every time.

• Options
    All this Keurig talk :(
    Uriel wrote: »
    Hey not really technology based but.

@Abracadaniel

Tell me about coffee. I like it but I don't want no more gross maxwell house that sits in my fridge for months and a ten year old coffee maker.

http://dancatchpole.me/post/coffee-primer

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Oops! Wrong thread! Too early.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Changing from Verizon/Note 2 to AT&T/Nexus 5 today (as long as the weather doesn't delay delivery again)

This phone feels fucking tiny!

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    i specifically come to this thread to a) nerd the fuck out and b) read other people nerding the fuck out

Well it is a 48" vizio which is so big I had no idea holy crap

1080p is something I've only ever really used in monitors, this is my first tv that is that high resolution. It's so so pretty. And the tv has like a quarter of an inch bezel so the picture takes up almost the whole thing, it's awesome

Got it hooked into our wifi last night and the apps are pretty good! Hulu plus one is a bit jank in design, but all the others work great and are pretty responsive

Have yet to play a game on here... Let's do that now

• Options
    BEING ABLE TO SET UP YOUR ENTIRE APPLE TV BY TAPPING YOUR IPHONE ON IT IS A FUCKING REVELATION FYI

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    T4CT wrote: »

Well it is a 48" vizio which is so big I had no idea holy crap

1080p is something I've only ever really used in monitors, this is my first tv that is that high resolution. It's so so pretty. And the tv has like a quarter of an inch bezel so the picture takes up almost the whole thing, it's awesome

Got it hooked into our wifi last night and the apps are pretty good! Hulu plus one is a bit jank in design, but all the others work great and are pretty responsive

Have yet to play a game on here... Let's do that now

so jealous

i have a 50" panasonic but it's got a big ol' bezel on it

all these people with no bezel TVs make me wanna join the future but I think I'd need to go a little smaller

This discussion has been closed.