As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hate Plus] or: Analogue 2 - How I learned to stop worrying & love the AI

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
Out on Steam now, $8.99.

tumblr_mklgq75vbc1qzw06jo1_1280.jpg

Direct sequel to Analogue: A Hate Story. Hope you kept your save! This lets the AI you sided with, if any, accompany you on your journey to read lots and lots of logs detailing a lost transport's descent into madness and wanton slaughter.

hateplus.jpg

Did I mention there's an achievement for sending the creator a picture of a cake you baked? There is.

ss_43b20bf6e070537b541a37575cbfcd78dab49746.1920x1080.jpg?t=1376865652

Now with more realistic art!

ss_8c906275386700066a2b1b7b515571acd4968901.1920x1080.jpg?t=1376865652

Trailer:

http://youtu.be/KAgT6lGwTiY

ss_2ad2af0a31dccbd917b8b520eac576ea7f2a519e.1920x1080.jpg?t=1376865652

Team Hyun-Ae, go.

wVEsyIc.png

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    Did I mention there's an achievement for sending the creator a picture of a cake you baked? There is.
    Truely innovative interaction with the player, hahaha. I've always considered those pictures to be a kind of internet inside joke, never thought I'd ever have a reason to take one.

So since you can import saves from the first game I ended up having to boot up my old netbook and dig my saves up, since apprently I didn't use cloud saves. I was a while since I played the first game so apprently my choices were the bad end where you go home empty handed, the Hyun-Ae end where you fall in love, or the impossible AI harem end where you get both AIs with a bit of cheating. Of course I went with the AI harem, I really have a hard time choosing between *Mute and *Hyun-Ae so why not have both? Having both of them makes for an intresting dynamic, what with Hyun-Ae modern senseabilities clashing with Mute's archaic ones. Sometimes though it does feel a bit crowded reading the log files with the two of them. I sort of randomly picked out log files for the first day, I think I'll try and read in cronological order from now on. I'm guessing the death of Old Mute file is going to be like that one Pale Bride file from the first game, I doubt it will have the same impact but I hope it can come close.

I finished up that first day on Wednesday so the timer has run down for sure, guess I can play the second day tonight and hopefully I can finish up this route Saturday. Hopefully I get a happy lovely dovey ending. I guess it doesn't really matter considering what they said in the screencap below...
    C541405CF0F4317791BDCF36C0167C1A70AD934E

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    You can speed up the wait by adjusting your system clock. I used that to get rid of an hour's wait. The rest wasn't so bad though.

Love's writing reminds me a lot of Satoshi Urushihara's inclination towards same sex pairings: equal opportunity, and Hate + has even more of it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Day 2 finished. That was rough.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Well shit, I still need to play the first game.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    You can finish it in around 2-3 hours, and I bet you'll be glued to it. I'm going to do some captures of the realistic art, it's great stuff.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I just had an AI tell me that I needed to get up, go to the kitchen, and ensure I had enough ingredients to bake a pretty cake.

Um0cjCI.jpg

Sorry, you'll have to settle for cheesecake.
    (I'll let you know if Christie accepts it.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    I just got to day three.

Goddamnit Love. Now I have to get eggs.

• Options
    Spent about half an hour making these, hope people enjoy.

5dAMLFc.jpgD0q71Tf.jpg4tM7wwr.jpgksiGeIJ.jpg

JCSa3n6.jpgsWTFO6y.jpgKpvVmDA.jpgqQbNYZp.jpg
    Wkel9C9.jpg9UkX4pT.jpgDEP24LH.jpgb0UWG2m.jpg

G68BueC.jpg5H8WBIx.jpgZb5r1ZV.jpgCT8M2qa.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Finished the Hyun-ae route.
    Great characters and world building, but she really wrecked the impact by having Hyun-Ae going 'omg let's read the Death of Mute right now!!'.

Ending was a little sudden also.

Overall the original was a much better game, as there was a lot more interaction, but this was very much worth playing too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    Just finished Hyun-ae too.

Enjoyable enough, I guess. Aside from a video game demanding I bake an actual cake I don't think it was nearly interesting as Love's other work, though.

Complex recipe review: Use less/no powdered sugar in the frosting. Mine was just a bit too sweet. Also 40 minutes is way too optimisic.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Finished the Hyun-ae route.
    Great characters and world building, but she really wrecked the impact by having Hyun-Ae going 'omg let's read the Death of Mute right now!!'.

Ending was a little sudden also.

Overall the original was a much better game, as there was a lot more interaction, but this was very much worth playing too.

Finished the *Mute route yesterday.

Although I'm not going to say the game's as good as Analogue, the *Mute route is much more interesting than the Hyun-Ae one.