As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes] Hulk Smash This Thread, Please Seek Life Model Decoy

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Things I'm excited about: Emma Frost, Uniques, X-Mansion defense.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular
    Devs should learn to just not say that they'll never nerf things. Sometimes things just straight up need a reduction in power. It sounds great to say "oh yes, we'll never nerf things" but it's naïve and just not feasible. Balancing stuff has to go both ways, sometimes you make things stronger and sometimes you make things weaker.

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options
    Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Things I'm excited about: Emma Frost, Uniques, X-Mansion defense.

Emma Frost

Replaying Story on Heroic/Superheroic for more bonuses

Not needing to have Dodge and Invulnerability on every single character

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Didn't X-mansion get delayed to a later patch. They pushed up level 60 terminals to conpensate, IIRC.

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    But think. You can grind all over again for uniques now. Won't that be fun!

I know that is sarcasm (like when someone sends condolences when I complain about getting 4 cosmics in a day but they all suck) but honestly it should be, I really barely even remember the looted items from D2, but i remember like hell farming for them, completing sets, and in general seeing how badly I could smack things, you had this heroic feeling when you dropped bhaal or just splatting trash.

When you hardly feel more powerful than a guy with a knife or chain even tho that guy will neither give xp or loot is just a massive let down. (yes my MM was 'defeated' 2x today by t2 red doom) who oddly dropped an unstable molecule so i have no idea what the that was about I was under the impression that sif items wouldnt drop from greys.

You know, I agree with you for the most part, but let us not forget a very important fact:

D2's itemization, at the beginning, was fucking terrible.

Remember the shitty uniques which were okay for normal, but veeeeery quickly became obsolete in higher playthroughs? Sure, there were a few that were okay, but for the most part, they were bad.

Sets were shitty outside of a very tight level range. There were no excep/elite sets, just normal.

The best weapon in the game was a CCB (Cruel Colossus Blade), which was a goddamn blue. Yep, the blue items were vastly superior to rare/set/uniques.

So yeah, in the end, D2 made quite a few changes to make the gear better. But it didn't start out that way.

I would have hoped that Gaz would take from that experience and not make the same goddamn mistake, but hey, they're working on it at least.

• Options
    Hi folks,

It looks like less than 24 hours before patch 1.2 launches.

Our current plan is to give everything one more big stress test and start the build late tonight, for release tomorrow morning.

Today we adjusted difficulties a bit, added more rarity boost to Superheroic modes, fixed a bug with credits not picking up and fixed a couple of enemies that were doing too much damage.

There is still tweaking that needs to be done on loot, experience, enemy damage, player damage, etc. That will be neverending, but the patch is good to go.

Ryolnir and the team are working on the final patch notes, to be posted this evening, to give you some reading material ahead of the patch tomorrow morning.

Thanks to all the testers who helped make this one of the biggest patches in video game history! (Well, MH history).

You may want to farm up some Eternity Splinters tonight for all the new stuff tomorrow.

See you in game.

Doomsaw

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Im disappointed they arent looking at XP. Some of the most vociferous issues on the test forums were the slow grind. It seems like its even slower now than Live if that seems possible.

View this Image and despair.....unless you are 50+.
    mjjn.png

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'd farm up some Eternity Splinters tonight if the drop rate wasn't so fucking awful right now.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Im disappointed they arent looking at XP. Some of the most vociferous issues on the test forums were the slow grind. It seems like its even slower now than Live if that seems possible.

View this Image and despair.....unless you are 50+.
    mjjn.png

here is the thing about that however, the more enjoyable part of the game is 1-25 or so while there is still story it is only after that the drudgery or terminals and mm kick in, honestly if there was a way to prestige for some incentive id probably move all my heroes back to 1.

On the other hand most of my heroes are 50 and the ones that arent are 41-45.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Her diamond form looks dumb. They don't seem to understand how clothes work.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    They seem to be going with a diamond form like in First Class, where everything she's wearing goes diamond, too.

Wouldn't surprise me if they end up changing this at a later date, as it means people who spec heavy into diamond form will have little reason to buy costumes.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Her diamond form looks dumb. They don't seem to understand how clothes work.

or hair

• Options
    Honestly they probably went with First Class diamond form simply because it's a lot easier than having to design it around clothes.

• Options
    Okay, I'm not sure what's up, but I went through 1-45 on Rocket Racoon, 1-48ish on Hawkeye, and 1-10 on Daredevil and never saw one drop of an Unstable Molocule or a costume.

In the past two days in taking hawkeye to level 50 I've gotten two costume drops, and in the past three I've gotten 2 unstable molocule drops. Did they futz with the drop tables or something?

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Doomsaw is working late and taking questions. Here are some of the responses:
    Will there be a PvPvE or Player Vs. Player Vs. Environment ?

Is there plans to introduce playable villains / antiheroes as a stand alone or a update ?

Doomsaw: Yes. Yes.

When do you think we will see more story not counting asgard? Next year?

Doomsaw: By end of year.

Is mr and mrs Richards on probable hero to make it in the game list?

Doomsaw: Yes, in 2014.

5-10 raid/dungeon content, is it still on the table for down the line?

Doomsaw: Yes.

Are the team badges that will grant bonuses to members that have been part of a certain super hero group going to make it into 1.3 or sooner?

Doomsaw: They will be in by October 1st.

Are there any plans on adding an in-game achievement system?

Doomsaw: Yes.

Will we be able to play Psylocke before 2014? If not, will we be able to play her before Spring Break?

Doomsaw: No and yes.

Gems/Runes for socketable gear still maybe up for the future?

Doomsaw: Yes, they are on the development schedule.

Also, are we ever going to get War Machine as a character?

Doomsaw: Most likely next year.

What are the chances we see Gambit, Nightcrawler, Ghost Rider sneak in front of Squirrel Girl, Nova, etc. on the assembly line?

Doomsaw: Squirrel Girl will be out before the others you listed, but the others are VERY closely behind her.

Which hero of the current roster is the most complete, in your opinion? Are there any that you feel are getting close or do you feel there is still a lot of work needed on them all?

Doomsaw: Thor is doing well with the addition of Immortal Combat.

Cable is well-equipped for a ranged character. He has basically everything a ranged character could want.

Wolverine is very well-equipped for a melee character.

I feel that Iron Man will be in great shape after his design pass in a couple of weeks.

(Note: All of these heroes will still need power tuning after the patch tomorrow)

Can we get diminishing returns to crowd control?? or at least reduce freezing and slow aura affixes?? its a pain to get stun locked, to move around to get xp orbs and dodge boss spells when u get a 70% movement slow aura...

Doomsaw: Yes, we are working on that right now.

Hero Synergy System, any news?

Doomsaw: 2-3 weeks. Needs UI.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    So this game is starting to fall apart for me at level 50.. Thank god this patch is soon :D

EDIT: Also, asking if Gazillion has plans to do "X" seems to be a waste of time, as they apparently have "plans" to do everything.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I am hoping Heroic/Superheroic modes will inject a little life into the game across level 26-60, and maybe with the supposed rarity/drop boost in those modes I won't be left using gear 10+ levels behind me all the goddamn time

Midtown Madness is neat for shorter bouts of play, but it becomes absolutely mind numbing after awhile

• Options
    We'll be taking the Marvel Heroes servers down tomorrow morning at 6:00AM PDT for maintenance and a game update (to Marvel Heroes 1.2). This maintenance may take up to 3 hours.

Timezone Help

6AM PDT - San Francisco

7AM MDT - Denver

8AM CDT - Chicago

9AM EDT - New York

1PM UTC

2PM BST - London

3PM CEST - Paris/Berlin

9PM - Singapore

11PM - Sydney

1AM (9/4) - Auckland

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Is there plans to introduce playable villains / antiheroes as a stand alone or a update ?

A playable Juggernaut would be fun.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

A playable Juggernaut would be fun.

But I already have a playable Juggernaut.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    I gotta say, I like that I can do different levels of the story now, but I really Chapter 3.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    One of Doomsaw's posts, which I can't find at the moment, says he considers 1.2 the end of open beta

heh

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Oh, so THAT explains the 5-and-a-half gig patch I'm downloading now.

• Options
    So according to the Steam app, the patch has finished downloading onto my computer.

Sadly I won't be home for another seven hours :P

• Options
    So tenacity is broke for Hulk. 30 talent points is still short of the 500 you need for most CC immunity.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Egads, Deadpool is a whole new beast now. Too bad Stop Drop and Roll doesn't work but stabbity flip works as a movement power so whatever.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Emma is fun, and level 60 terminals are a godsend. It's about damn time they put them in the game.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Was this also the patch where we could now equip four artifacts to a character?

• Options
    No, not yet. That comes in a future update to the character UI.

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    gave this a spin yesterday. picked thing and wandered around punching stuff. pumping a ton of points into survivability just because. i really want to try out psylocke when she shows up because psylocke and yes. in the meantime, i'll probably use whoever i get out of the random hero unlock. if it's someone that's beyond awful, i'll just stick with the thing because of punchy reasons.

• Options
    There's always the chance you'll get the Thing again; in which case you can use that token too upgrade his ultimate ability.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Thing has a resource bar!

It's just Granite Defense and all but he feels like a real character now!

Between Clobbering and Aggressive I've got his basic doing a bit more than 3k...and his spirit using attacks are even higher! I'm still going to stick with the primarily defensive powers with a little active use but it's nice it feels like an option.

Have no idea how Hard as Rock is actually working now. It lifts a flat defense boost and a % defense boost....which is weird. Seems rigged to require one more to push past 599 tenacity. Though with clobbering time already making use immune to CC and now granite defense clearing cc....well I'm not sure it's a good use of skills but I'm lazy right now.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    HA HA HA.

Guess what Damage rating adds to? Could it be Jagged Defender? Could JD also be not restricted to melee?

It could! Guys are shooting me to do a thousand damage to themselves.

• Options
    Wow, there's some busted stuff in this patch, according to the official thread.
    Deadpool's Armor Buster has been live tuned to deal little to no damage due to an issue in which it was able to kill bosses in seconds. Status: Fixed in next build.

Deadpool's Stop Drop and Roll does not function properly.

Dodge has been lowered inadvertently from the previous Test Center build. Status: The design team is working on a fix to this curve now.

Tenacity is currently not functioning as intended. Status: The design and engineering teams are investigating these now.

Bonus crit damage on items was calculating to be roughly double intended. Status: Fixed in next build.

Crit damage on DOTs is broken and is doing full damage with every dot tick. Status: Engineering is investigating a fix.

Blue/"Spoke" Terminals are untuned. Status: Under design review.

• Options
    Something broke? With a patch?

Imagine my surprise.

• Options
    Still a pretty good patch overall considering their track record.

• Options
    They said before the patch dropped there would be a second, much smaller patch to clean up any issues.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    And now I'm stuck waiting for another patch to fix the last patch before giving this another shot. Again.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.