As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twitter Expanded Link Error on IE

CarbonFireCarbonFire See youin the countryRegistered User regular
Those fancy new expanded twitter links seem to be causing some formatting errors on Internet Explorer (IE10)

vDLNQQj.jpg

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/27735053/#Comment_27735053

They still work fine in Chrome and Firefox, though someone reported seeing the same thing briefly in Chrome (a refresh apparently fixed it).

Great new feature BTW!

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I seem to have that same display issue intermittently with chrome. Will happen sometimes, other times not. I clear my cache regularly and such.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    happening in safari as well

still the best function to ever happen to the forums

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    happening in chrome as well

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This is a test of the emergency twitter embed feature

Well with that perfect and unassailable test, it looks better on my end.

Let's do another just to be sure!

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    In that thread, I noticed the text of the tweet showing up in the quote.

Does that still happen?
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    This is a test of the emergency twitter embed feature

Edit: No, ok. My next question was going to be about what would have happened if you linked a tweet that links itself. (Assuming you could edit a tweet, I don't know how that works.)

Very cool feature Icy.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Yeah this feature is especially great for the pax forums where so many things are announced via twitter.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Can I get one of the previously afflicted IE users to chime in and confirm this is solved?

@IcyLiquid using Chrome, the issue is still occurring

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182127/giant-bomb-hey-guys-i-m-batman/p59

this page in particular, every single tweet cuts down through the signature and agrees/awesomes bar

It looks ok to me @T4CT. Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Pls.

cleared the cache (and then everything when that didn't work)

pNhiZE6.png

seems like the twitter box takes over the left half of the post and shifts everything over to the right -- it's not actually blocking content, it just forces EVERYTHING to move

i know that's identical to the other screenshots in this thread but I thought it was worth noting since it's actually exiting the quote box entirely

Wish I could get this error so I could experiment with CSS to fix it.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    is there a way to disable this at the user level? It's rendering correctly for me now but it makes quote trees pretty obnoxious

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I've got IE10 loaded up on win8 here, looks fine to me at the moment.

djF3Udr.png

Here's win7

YWYvpzU.png

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me