As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Servers Up!, and surprisingly stable! 7 free days starting 9/4/13

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I love Ali Hillis. Is that close enough to loving Lightning?

• Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I love Ali Hillis. Is that close enough to loving Lightning?

If it gets everybody online and playing, yes. Yes it is.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Gah! The market on Ultros annoys me.

I craft and craft and make some fancy stuff, go to sell it for a tidy profit (not even gouging), and what do I see? All the hard made stuff I created being sold for like 20gil.

At that price it is just not worth it to be a crafter. :(

Guess I'll keep grinding away so I can at least use Materia. :|

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Axen, I had the same issue.

I've only managed to sell 1 item for a decent profit so far, and that was a HQ version of some iron leggings I made as an Armorer. Sold em for about 200gil.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So no queue anymore... just gotta keep spamming login until you get lucky?

EDIT: nvm, can't update server list anymore.

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm still getting error 1017 and world is full, please try again later.
    Not getting a queue.

Also, here's a quote from their official web page:
    After the emergency maintenance on the North American/European data Worlds which was conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 25, to confirm the optimization of the matching server for the Duty Finder, we will be limiting the login more than usual. We will be relieving the limitation gradually as we see oversee the status.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

I craft and craft and make some fancy stuff, go to sell it for a tidy profit (not even gouging), and what do I see? All the hard made stuff I created being sold for like 20gil.

My money (har har) is on crafting not really being viable as a money maker until cap. That's how it was in Age of Conan, TERA, and SWToR for the most part.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Heh, I can't even get to character select before it tells me the world is full. (All worlds? o.O)

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

My money (har har) is on crafting not really being viable as a money maker until cap. That's how it was in Age of Conan, TERA, and SWToR for the most part.

With people selling just to get any money back, probably.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Possibley true, though I think a lack of awareness on the people's part about player gear may also be a factor.

By and large player made stuff is better than merchant/quest gotten gear (and looks better too!) and you can usually use it a level or two earlier.

However I see people running around with merchant/quest gear and very few with player gear.

When I went to price my player crafted gear I was going to sell it for 1/4th the cost of merchant gear that was two levels higher. Alas, at best I can get away with 20-25gil.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Btw, if you're in game, Duty Finder is working.

Probably because there is like two people in game but HEY! I'll take it.

• Options

Possibley true, though I think a lack of awareness on the people's part about player gear may also be a factor.

By and large player made stuff is better than merchant/quest gotten gear (and looks better too!) and you can usually use it a level or two earlier.

However I see people running around with merchant/quest gear and very few with player gear.

When I went to price my player crafted gear I was going to sell it for 1/4th the cost of merchant gear that was two levels higher. Alas, at best I can get away with 20-25gil.

I'm in the market for some gear! Though I only wear cloth so you probably can't help, and you are on the wrong server besides! :O

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    ghostbanditghostbandit Registered User regular
    damn am i the only one that cant get in? :(

stream.php?streamuser=gbgaming
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Y'know this is the exact opposite problem I figured a non-Legacy server would have. I totally expected price gouging out the wing-wang.

@MyDcmbr Hah!

edit- Heh and since merchants sell lowbie materials/resources for dirt cheap you can't even make money selling those things either. :(

Axen on
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    You're definitely not the only one, @ghostbandit. Anyone who didn't manage to sneak in during the first, ohh, 3 minutes the server came back up (me, but not my S.O. who is now passing time until I can get in, funny enough) is locked out right now. I was apparently like 30 seconds too late.

Essee on
  • Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    A Que is better than nothing at this point! Hooray for the que!

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    At least cooking should retain its usefulness. Since everyone loves food in FF MMO's.

Getting ready to do some dune's parties, eat some ginger cookies.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Man, this is so frustrating. I WANT TO PLAY!

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    Anyone try playing on the JP servers? Does it help with the pain or does it make it hurt more? :P

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I can't even see the NA server list.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    ghostbanditghostbandit Registered User regular
    yeah same here, it swaps between no server list, or being able to click my character and i get full server

stream.php?streamuser=gbgaming
  • Options
    Lobby server just crashed.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ugh

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Just tried it now and I get a "World is full, please wait until an opening is available" message.

I was bummed about the lack of story quests and instances yesterday, but at least I could play the game no problem.

• Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    1017 Ultros is full: go home American pig-dog.

I'm shopping around for a Lightning body pillow to snuggle with.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Sure hope they fix this stuff before actual launch.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Otaking wrote: »
    1017 Ultros is full: go home American pig-dog.

I'm shopping around for a Lightning body pillow to snuggle with.

Not quite, but close.

Steam
  • Options
    So in order to fix the duty finder problem, they have made the game unplayable for a large portion of the population :(

• Options
    While we're waiting... When the game actually launches, will we have to change our game client? Or can we just continue playing?

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Here's something I'd like to know ahead of time during the downtime: where's a good vendor to get Blacksmithing/crafting gear?

I'm still under 15, but I'd like to raise my CP as much as possible to try crafting more HQ stuff.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Digital River is still down, quite a bit past their scheduled downtime...so I still can't cancel my order through them and go through GMG. Of course, it doesn't seem to matter right now, because no one can play anyway!

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wait a minute...is the reason they implemented a hard limit on how many people can be in the server queue...holy shit, are their server login queue and duty finder queue being run from the same server?

>_<

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Wait a minute...is the reason they implemented a hard limit on how many people can be in the server queue...holy shit, are their server login queue and duty finder queue being run from the same server?

>_<

Maybe they have one guy sitting at a desktop and that's the server login/duty finder host server.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Digital River is still down, quite a bit past their scheduled downtime...so I still can't cancel my order through them and go through GMG. Of course, it doesn't seem to matter right now, because no one can play anyway!

You could always order from gmg before you cancel from digiriver

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »

>_<

Maybe they have one guy sitting at a desktop and that's the server login/duty finder host server.

Oh shi...Sorry guys, one sec.

Forgot to turn the computer on. ROFL my bad!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Now I can't even get on Sargatanas... What is up with their servers?

EDIT: Actually, I can't even get on any of the NA servers. Even my nephew's char on Midgardsormr's unavailable.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Now I can't even get on Sargatanas... What is up with their servers?
    Server_room_fire.jpg

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Ooooh, a new and exciting 2006 error:

The lobby server connection has encountered an error.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    Gonna muck about on Siren until I can get on Sargantanas

3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
This discussion has been closed.