[FFXIV:ARR] Servers Up!, and surprisingly stable! 7 free days starting 9/4/13

19394969899

Posts

  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Some of the instances are more tank-centric than others. There are also options on how to do things sometimes that can put more responsibility on the DPS. Generally this is only viable when you know you can rely on the DPS, though.

    steam_sig.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    level 18 botanist

    just awful

    I need to get to flax for weaving, maybe I'll just do alchemy for a bit instead while gc turn ins recycle

  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    oh man, is there no way to craft from your bank...er, retainer? That put a serious damper on my desire to craft. My retainer is just overflowing with unsorted material. Having to go see him and sort through it and such every time I want to craft exhausts me just thinking about it.

    Also is there a way to make multiple items at a time? Like if I want to make 20 copper bars, do I seriously have to go through the whole process manually each time?

  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Updated
    vamen wrote: »
    oh man, is there no way to craft from your bank...er, retainer? That put a serious damper on my desire to craft. My retainer is just overflowing with unsorted material. Having to go see him and sort through it and such every time I want to craft exhausts me just thinking about it.

    Also is there a way to make multiple items at a time? Like if I want to make 20 copper bars, do I seriously have to go through the whole process manually each time?

    Once you get to a certain point (don't remember when, offhand) you get the Quick Synthesis option next to your regular Synthesis button.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Made some changes to the spreadsheet, now has hotlinks to each item and is has a tab for sorting by level and by slot. Published Version and Shared Version.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Dudes! I just tanked the Dhorne Chimera and lived to tell about it. Fun fight.

    DelphinidaesCorriganX
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Updated
    vamen wrote: »
    oh man, is there no way to craft from your bank...er, retainer? That put a serious damper on my desire to craft. My retainer is just overflowing with unsorted material. Having to go see him and sort through it and such every time I want to craft exhausts me just thinking about it.

    Also is there a way to make multiple items at a time? Like if I want to make 20 copper bars, do I seriously have to go through the whole process manually each time?

    Once you get to a certain point (don't remember when, offhand) you get the Quick Synthesis option next to your regular Synthesis button.

    I think it's somewhere between level 15 and 20 - I've had it for a while now.

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Its level 10. Once you unlock it on one craft its unlocked on all of them, though.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    oh man, is there no way to craft from your bank...er, retainer? That put a serious damper on my desire to craft. My retainer is just overflowing with unsorted material. Having to go see him and sort through it and such every time I want to craft exhausts me just thinking about it.

    Also is there a way to make multiple items at a time? Like if I want to make 20 copper bars, do I seriously have to go through the whole process manually each time?

    I do wish there was a freaking sort option in inventories.

    You get "Quick Synth" at level 10. Anything you've made once you can make en mass, but can't use abilities and thus HQ results are rare as heck -- and your XP is nerfed into the ground using it.

    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Its level 10. Once you unlock it on one craft its unlocked on all of them, though.

    Thanks for confirming. I knew it was somewhere pre 20, but since I ground out 11-19 in two days, it's kind of a blur.

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    oh man, is there no way to craft from your bank...er, retainer? That put a serious damper on my desire to craft. My retainer is just overflowing with unsorted material. Having to go see him and sort through it and such every time I want to craft exhausts me just thinking about it.

    Also is there a way to make multiple items at a time? Like if I want to make 20 copper bars, do I seriously have to go through the whole process manually each time?

    I do wish there was a freaking sort option in inventories.

    You get "Quick Synth" at level 10. Anything you've made once you can make en mass, but can't use abilities and thus HQ results are rare as heck -- and your XP is nerfed into the ground using it.

    Also rather than make them at once it's more like make them in sequence - though it is automated, it takes the same amount of time for your character to do the animations

    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Elldren
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    oh man, is there no way to craft from your bank...er, retainer? That put a serious damper on my desire to craft. My retainer is just overflowing with unsorted material. Having to go see him and sort through it and such every time I want to craft exhausts me just thinking about it.

    Also is there a way to make multiple items at a time? Like if I want to make 20 copper bars, do I seriously have to go through the whole process manually each time?

    I do wish there was a freaking sort option in inventories.

    You get "Quick Synth" at level 10. Anything you've made once you can make en mass, but can't use abilities and thus HQ results are rare as heck -- and your XP is nerfed into the ground using it.

    Also rather than make them at once it's more like make them in sequence - though it is automated, it takes the same amount of time for your character to do the animations

    It's actually a little faster, but not by much.

    It's mostly just useful for crafting a bunch of low level items you don't get much exp for anyways but you need for higher level crafts.

    I use it to bust out a stack of bronze ingots and then go make a sandwich. Or Table salt for Cooking since you need it in everything

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Yeah, if I wanna get some food or use the bathroom, I just auto-create a batch of ingots.

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Quick Synth has caused me to fail synths that I would otherwise not be able to fail though. Be warned.

    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
    SkeithElldren
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Quick Synth has caused me to fail synths that I would otherwise not be able to fail though. Be warned.

    Yup, it's a pretty low chance though, and when you are crafting stacks of 99 losing 2-3 isn't too bad considering it requires no input.

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info, fellas.

  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Playing a tank is fun, but honestly it's wearing me out. Do all the pulling, manage the entire group of enemies and pick up any tricky bits that happen to go down...

    Rest of the group gets to sit in one spot and make big numbers happen. If I'm doing things right unless something specifically turns to target them with a nuke they don't even have to move. I don't know that there's anything that can fix this, but I really think I'll probably do arcanist classes when I'm done with war/paladin. I can definitely see why tanks are a rarity, it's about a thousand times the effort.

    Having not really played an mmo since ultima online I was also surprised and honestly a little put off at how tank-centric the instances were.

    It's crazy how stressful it is. I've only tanked 2 dungeons, but I get exhausted afterwards. Haven't been any deaths, but holy hell is it tiring.

    I like it, but I'll have to take my time with it.

    It wasn't too bad up until the 40+ instances. Everyone can get away with making some minor mistakes, except the tank. You eat one Bad Breath or miss the animation (or it doesn't play, which happens) on the Coincounter in Aurum Vale and it's all done.

  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    In regards to rested exp, what jobs should get priority over that extra boost?

    Non-story jobs in their 20s (LNC for me)?

    Crafting jobs 15 and under (Fisherman, Culinarian, etc)?

    And if it is the crafting jobs, is it best to combine the rested exp with their respective leves (like constantly turning in stuff to that Lalafell in Limsa)?

    Also, someone posted a recommended order for leveling crafting jobs. Anyone have a handy guide like that, as well as a gathering order guide (like say Mining>Blacksmithing)?

  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Quick Synth has caused me to fail synths that I would otherwise not be able to fail though. Be warned.

    Yup, it's a pretty low chance though, and when you are crafting stacks of 99 losing 2-3 isn't too bad considering it requires no input.

    The chance seems to get lower the higher your skill is. You will fail a lot more on items that are at your level. In that case you should just do the touch items anyways for the xp. Crafting macro's really really help in this department.

  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    In regards to rested exp, what jobs should get priority over that extra boost?

    Non-story jobs in their 20s (LNC for me)?

    Crafting jobs 15 and under (Fisherman, Culinarian, etc)?

    And if it is the crafting jobs, is it best to combine the rested exp with their respective leves (like constantly turning in stuff to that Lalafell in Limsa)?

    Also, someone posted a recommended order for leveling crafting jobs. Anyone have a handy guide like that, as well as a gathering order guide (like say Mining>Blacksmithing)?

    Do you have a link to that post about crafting? I delved back a dozen pages or so but didn't see it.

  • CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    Thanks for the feedback guys. So the stores near me that claimed to have stock unfortunately do not.

    Anyone have any info on how often these things restock? Weekly, every other week?

    gameintownk.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    In regards to rested exp, what jobs should get priority over that extra boost?

    Non-story jobs in their 20s (LNC for me)?

    Crafting jobs 15 and under (Fisherman, Culinarian, etc)?

    And if it is the crafting jobs, is it best to combine the rested exp with their respective leves (like constantly turning in stuff to that Lalafell in Limsa)?

    Also, someone posted a recommended order for leveling crafting jobs. Anyone have a handy guide like that, as well as a gathering order guide (like say Mining>Blacksmithing)?
    Your highest combat job should get priority. Your lower jobs are getting a 50% boost anyway. Crafting jobs never need it since they get bonus xp from quality. Harvesting can use it if you're really high, since that gets grindy.

    ---

    For anyone who has been really bothered by VAs, especially not recognizing a couple, got to the credits

    Merlwyb - JP is Tanaka Atsuko (Motoko from GitS)
    Livia sas Junius - JP is Sayaka Ohara (too many notable ones to name)

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else would find this useful, but since I bothered to put it together for myself I'll make it available for everyone. Here is a list of crafting/gathering gear by level. It should include everything that is craftable (ie, not rep gear). Feedback is welcome.

    This is awesome, thanks!

    My main feedback is that it's hard as hell to find the quote button in your posts. :P

    I have a question about gathering/crafting stats. Is perception only for gathering? For some reason I thought it applied to crafting too.

    EDIT: actually, another question; is it possible to 'save' files like this into my own google drive? The link doesn't have any buttons that I can see. :rotate:

    Gathering/Perception = Gathering

    Crafting/Control = Crafting

    So if I'm reading that right, that chart only has the crafting gear? Not the Harvesting gear?

    Oh, and there's a second tab?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Apwn9VZmiXW8dFdMdmZnYVJwSGY5N2V6bkdkY2FLU3c


    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Surprised that the digital version isnt back up for sale again now that the servers are mostly stable.

    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
    Kid Presentable
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Quick Synth has caused me to fail synths that I would otherwise not be able to fail though. Be warned.

    Yup, it's a pretty low chance though, and when you are crafting stacks of 99 losing 2-3 isn't too bad considering it requires no input.

    The chance seems to get lower the higher your skill is. You will fail a lot more on items that are at your level. In that case you should just do the touch items anyways for the xp. Crafting macro's really really help in this department.

    That has not been my experience thus far. Granted I've only got Culinary up to 27 but I very rarely fail on Table salt when using quick synthesis and that's the lowest tier for cooking

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Playing a tank is fun, but honestly it's wearing me out. Do all the pulling, manage the entire group of enemies and pick up any tricky bits that happen to go down...

    Rest of the group gets to sit in one spot and make big numbers happen. If I'm doing things right unless something specifically turns to target them with a nuke they don't even have to move. I don't know that there's anything that can fix this, but I really think I'll probably do arcanist classes when I'm done with war/paladin. I can definitely see why tanks are a rarity, it's about a thousand times the effort.

    Having not really played an mmo since ultima online I was also surprised and honestly a little put off at how tank-centric the instances were.

    It's crazy how stressful it is. I've only tanked 2 dungeons, but I get exhausted afterwards. Haven't been any deaths, but holy hell is it tiring.

    I like it, but I'll have to take my time with it.

    Really? I love tanking this game, I have to tear myself away from my WAR to level BLM. The slow GCD is kinda irritating on MDPS classes, but for tanks it really makes your decisions carry weight, and if you screw up, fixing things is all that much more difficult. The only exhausting bit is crappy DPS or Heals. WHM bombing me with Cure 2, then running out of mana, or dps not focusing the marked targets.

  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    KiTA wrote: »
    Handgimp wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else would find this useful, but since I bothered to put it together for myself I'll make it available for everyone. Here is a list of crafting/gathering gear by level. It should include everything that is craftable (ie, not rep gear). Feedback is welcome.

    This is awesome, thanks!

    My main feedback is that it's hard as hell to find the quote button in your posts. :P

    I have a question about gathering/crafting stats. Is perception only for gathering? For some reason I thought it applied to crafting too.

    EDIT: actually, another question; is it possible to 'save' files like this into my own google drive? The link doesn't have any buttons that I can see. :rotate:

    Gathering/Perception = Gathering

    Crafting/Control = Crafting

    So if I'm reading that right, that chart only has the crafting gear? Not the Harvesting gear?

    Oh, and there's a second tab?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Apwn9VZmiXW8dFdMdmZnYVJwSGY5N2V6bkdkY2FLU3c


    Left Hand Column is Crafting (Disciple of the Hand) and Right Hand Column is Gathering (Disciple of the Land). The other tab just sorts equipment by Slot, not Level.

    e: Made it more intuitive.

    Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Ok, where the heck are my screenshots?! I found them!
    2afil40.png

    j125ux.png

    sou6hj.png

    The lighting in this game makes my head explode.

    Wicked Uncle Ernie on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So my buddy is having severe gil issues at level 20, he's been going between the three towns working on his crafting, gathering, and combat classes, and well, he's not really getting the income to support even going between them via airships, yet alone teleporting.

    Is this just something that evens out a bit later on (when he gets access to selling on the AH, for example) or is gil always going to be an issue? How are people making money in game?

    KiTA on
    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    So my buddy is having severe gil issues at level 20, he's been going between the three towns working on his crafting, gathering, and combat classes, and well, he's not really getting the income to support even going between them via airships, yet alone teleporting.

    Is this just something that evens out a bit later on (when he gets access to selling on the AH, for example) or is gil always going to be an issue? How are people making money in game?

    With the current systems yeah it's a big issue - bigger at endgame though

    Just playing the story I've found myself making gil despite teleport and repair expenses up to around level 30

    In theory up till your quests run out you shouldn't have that many money problems - maybe he's not selling his allegan medals?

    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    you get gold from questing more than any other source, not crafting or gathering. he's probably burning gold on that stuff

    Jars on
  • S-StarwindS-Starwind Registered User regular
    Do we have a level 50 carpenter in the FC? Need one for my relic bow.

    XBLive GamerTag - II The Starwind (Playing - Halo 4, Dungeon Defeners)
    PSN ID - S-Starwind (Playing Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Gundam Battle Ops)
    Final Fantasy XIV - Masamune Server (Moving to Sargantanas) - Rykosho Hoshikaze
    Steam ID - The Starwind
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I can't for the life of me catch any Tiger Cod anywhere, even at the locations people have mentioned.

    What kind if bait is required, and what's the easiest way to determine if a fishing spot is ocean or freshwater?

  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I can't for the life of me catch any Tiger Cod anywhere, even at the locations people have mentioned.

    What kind if bait is required, and what's the easiest way to determine if a fishing spot is ocean or freshwater?

    Not sure about Tiger Cod,

    But if the fishing spot is on the ocean, it's ocean fishing.

    Otherwise it's freshwater.

    That doesn't count Dunefishing and Cloudfishing though :)

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Man I really need to figure out why my PC has occasional crashes in this game. Just now I was healing the last boss of Wanderer's Palace, and right when the LB is about to be used to finish the fight, bam crash. Now I probably won't get my tomestones, and I definitely won't get to roll on any of the loot (not that WHM loot drops there, that I can tell). What I probably really need is to just build a new PC for gaming.

    steam_sig.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Man I really need to figure out why my PC has occasional crashes in this game. Just now I was healing the last boss of Wanderer's Palace, and right when the LB is about to be used to finish the fight, bam crash. Now I probably won't get my tomestones, and I definitely won't get to roll on any of the loot (not that WHM loot drops there, that I can tell). What I probably really need is to just build a new PC for gaming.

    It's been causing my PC to overheat. Last night I took apart my pc, video cards etc, replaced thermal paste, cleaned out all fans/heatsinks etc, so I'm really hoping that fixes the problem.

    It always had a habit of doing it after being in the duty finder for 45 minutes too. :(

    I haven't had a chance to play in the last few days, and it's starting to bum me out. I'll probably hop on later for sure, I just still have some stuff I want to get sorted in WoW before 5.4 hits.

    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Man I really need to figure out why my PC has occasional crashes in this game. Just now I was healing the last boss of Wanderer's Palace, and right when the LB is about to be used to finish the fight, bam crash. Now I probably won't get my tomestones, and I definitely won't get to roll on any of the loot (not that WHM loot drops there, that I can tell). What I probably really need is to just build a new PC for gaming.

    If it makes you feel better, it was a Bard weapon.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Onion helm has visor action!

    cwqq.png

    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
    PolaritiedrunkenpandarenBEAST!SCREECH OF THE FARG
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I don't think I should play this game beyond my free time with it. I can feel my social life outside of my computer slowly dwindle down into nothingness as I slowly transcend from this mortal plane to become one with my lalafell.

    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    Pookiepoo
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I don't think I should play this game beyond my free time with it. I can feel my social life outside of my computer slowly dwindle down into nothingness as I slowly transcend from this mortal plane to become one with my lalafell.

    Typically when I'm running a raid I kick the people who haven't yet transcended this mortal plane

    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
This discussion has been closed.