As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: So does "gigapause" have a hard 'g' or a soft 'g'?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    okay so who has the ring

my bet is on cd

like, the plush that's being passed around

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I took the ring from CD before I passed him on.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    wasn't it a key property of that ring that it kind of goes missing all the time
    The void ring is lost anytime the life ring is found and vice-versa

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    so you never see them both at the same time eh

life is emptiness

I think I always knew

Seriously on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    This is some Braid level bullshit here

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    so I had fallen behind on homsuck but I just caught up and I just got to say that John and Roxy's conversation was extremely entertaining

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Today in Homestuck
    August 28

2009: 3 pages. John captchalogues the punched captchalogued captchalogue card, violently ejecting the PDA from his sylladex, but Rose saves it just in time with a SWEET CATCH. John then recaptchalogues the PDA, which ejects the old copy of Colonel Sassacre's, right through the wall and onto an unsuspecting imp. The narration notes that "the two card sylladex" is the "inventory of dumbasses". Slaying the imp does, however, allow John to LEVEL UP, allowing up to ascend to the PESKY URCHIN rung on his ECHELADDER.

Editor's note: memo summaries have been spoiler'd for brevity.
    2010: 5 pages. "I THINK I SET THIS UP RIGHT" begins Karkat's first memo on the TEAM ADORABLOODTHIRSTY bulletin board.
    The board indicates when, relative to the current time of viewing, the comments were made, referring to these statuses as the "past", "current", and "future". Thus, "P", "C", or "F" is prepended to the user's trolltag, so Karkat writing in the past is "PCG". The software indicates when a particular user logged into the board. For instance, Karkat started the memo 6 hours and 12 minutes ago, while the first person to respond was Terezi, who did so from Karkat's future but still 5 hours and 51 minutes in our past, so she is still indicated as "PGC". Confusing enough yet? Karkat thinks so as well, and urges the others to not use the memo as a chatroom, which will prove to fail spectacularly. He first lays down that there is only one team and that he assumed leadership over it, and since he has already read the entire board, he also knows that at some point in the future he will succeed and chalks it up to his fantastic leadership. While pondering whether he can avoid typing any of the stuff he already read from the future, Sollux pops in to sum the whole thing up: "[you] ba2iically ju2t babble about paradoxe2 and argue wiith your2elf for hundred2 of page2 heheheh". Apparently Sollux connects at a point just as the VAST GLUB occurs and he has to get Feferi into the game, but Karkat writes off this as more bullshit and continues. Karkat continues about how important he is in when 612-hours-in-the-future Karkat connect to bemoan how embarrassing this is, and promptly gets banned. Karkat reiterates: "LEADER = ME FOREVER, OBVIOUSLY" and tries to leave when the Equius from RIGHT NOW connects and says that he still doesn't "recognize the validity of your leadership", reiterates what Sollux said earlier about the board mostly consisting of "you from various points in time raving about nonsense and arguing with yourself", and that "this bulletin has come to be regarded as something of a joke". Karkat just responds by pointing out Equius's weakness: "THIS EXCITES YOU, BEING THE TOUGH GUY AND PRETENDING LIKE YOU'RE PUTTING THE AWESOME LEADER IN HIS PLACE. YOU'RE PROBABLY WORKING UP A GOOD SWEAT." Equius asks how Karkat knows about this, and then realizes he knows from that very memo.
    Meanwhile, we get to see one-side of Terezi's on-going conversation with her exile: "WH4T 4BOUT TH3 QU33N J4CK W4S H3LP1NG US 3X1L3 H3R SO... BOTH??? >:\". She switches from red chalk to sky blue chalk, which prompts the exile to ask why, and she says simply: "R3D 1S TH3 B3ST AND T4ST3S TH3 B3ST". The exile can only respond "You are a strange and funny girl" as she licks the aforementioned chalk. Also in the present, Karkat begins another memo on the board, apparently in some ruins at the time typing away as Jack holds up a torch.
    Karkat begins with the usual warnings to everyone else to shut up and listen to to his instructions to prepare for OPERATION REGISURP, which is exactly when Future Eridan messages the board saying he can't get ahold of Karkat in the future and he's got a problem "wwith feferi". Karkat relacantly bans him and continues. He thinks he's good to go which is when Future (as in, 609 hours hence) Vriska interrupts and assures him that thanks to her usurping the queen easy and that this whole build-up is hilarious. Karkat finds it less so, as he doesn't take kindly to the message from the future: "BECAUSE AS IT TURNS OUT, IN THE FUTURE ALL THAT STUFF ALREADY HAPPENED. WE'RE OFF THE FUCKING HOOK!" After something about "autoerogenous shame globes", pondering Vriska's unfortunate abbreviated future trolltag "FAG", and banning himself from 20 minutes in the future, Tavros from 38 minutes in the past replies, saying he could use some help "aBOUT A THING THAT HAS TO DO WITH A GIRL". Tavros explains the situation we have witnessed previously, with the Pupa Pan costumes and the kissing and whatnot, but his haltering typing quirk makes the whole thing sound even more fucked up than it already is. He's also being yelled at by his exile but he doesn't know what to call it. Karkat reminds him that this is all public and anyone could read it, including Vriska, but he figures that's okay and just wants to let her know that "i DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT HER FEELINGS". Karkat reminds him that she could read it anywhere in the past and present, "COMPLETELY DEFEATING THE PURPOSE OF YOUR SPINELESS MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE APOLOGY". Which is right when Vriska from 8 minutes in the past responds. She tells Karkat to shut up and lets Tavros know that it's okay in: "Anyway, though totally unnecessary, your apology is accepted." She tells him to "pick yourself off the floor" but "remembers" that he can't, so she tells him to "w8 a few minutes for your timeframe to catch up with mine." Karkat bans them both: "THERE, GREAT, ANOTHER HAPPY COUPLE IN WHATEVER HIDEOUS QUADRANT THIS BATSHIT PAIRING WILL SUSTAIN" and tries to get back on message, but fails and then himself from 609 hours in the future bans himself from the memo.

2011: No update.

2012: No update.

A quick note: On the 30th, there is another playable flash (well, technically it was in HTML5) and 2012 updates resume. I have been extremely busy at work the past couple of months and pretty much only able to post TIH on-time because, well, there hadn't been anything new to write. I am also going to PAX this weekend, pretty much working until I get on the plane. I will do a "Let's Play!" style update for the playable updates, as I have done in the past. (My eventual goal is to have a LP-style write-up for all playable flashes, especially since there's no way to search the text in the actual flashes.) I think they should be quicker since I won't have to transcribe all of the text, but I still have to take the screenshots and write the posts. So basically, I will try to do it, but it may not happen until after the 30th. Thanks again for indulging me here.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Of course the ring is missing why would anything involving some form of resolution to homestuck EVER happen.

Eh, when heroes make plans they rarely go real smoothly in any story.

Are you attempting to imply homestuck is going to end here?

No. What gave you that idea?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Seriously wrote: »
    okay so who has the ring

Frodo

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Wait, we're sure it's not Samwise who has it?

• Options
    time for the seven month long tom bombadil interlude

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular

I'm out on Homestuck you guys

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i'm back in on homestuck you guys

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    The lighthearted characters are the best part of Homestuck it would be great

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Also this crossover is really difficult to find stuff for

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_ms9ad4m5n71r7xapxo1_500.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    up
    date

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    no, up YOUR date, jerk!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    VickyBit wrote: »
    no, up YOUR date, jerk!!!!!!!!!

mods can we please get this bozo out of here

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    appreciating how the most recent page can be summarized with 'WHO CARES'

much like my feelings towards crwth here right now

• Options
    what...the...fuck........

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    He may be a shithead, but I quite enjoy Caliborn's version of the story

• Options
    This is just gonna tease the character chats we won't see for a while but really want, isn't it

Gonna take a year before Rose and Roxy get their chats

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    06477.gif

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Psh. Roxy is the most delectable floozy. Pretty sure we can do without the other three.

• Options
    Psh. Roxy is the most delectable floozy. Pretty sure we can do without the other three.

No longer welcome in the thread

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Just gonna toss them in there.

Is this how humans intercourse?

• Options
    who is the most delectable floozie itt

i say...........me

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Even in such a crude form atom logo is still superior.

I think that might be my strongest homestuckpinion.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    me

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    tumblr_ms9qqruGJR1r3n11po1_1280.png
    tumblr_ms9qqruGJR1r3n11po2_r1_500.gif

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    me

impossible

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    it's true tho

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I don't think there even are any floozies in this thread

buncha floozie posers

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I don't think there even are any floozies in this thread

buncha floozie posers

Fake Floozies.

Floozettes.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    i am the big floozy

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth what does floozy mean please teach me what it means to be a big floozy

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    you gotta like

have sex with different people

just sex on up anyone who consents

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ew gross i dont want to do that at all

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
This discussion has been closed.