As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: So does "gigapause" have a hard 'g' or a soft 'g'?

• Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    now with less bloodhat tho

tumblr_mscsif7NbS1qfe7z2o1_1280.png

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Caliborn's Manga arc will be entirely drawn by Lexxy

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    PAX Homestucks count: 2. Surprising, even though PAX isn't a huge cosplay event.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    When I went to pax there was a guy walking around with CD's giant princess jester hat

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    tumblr_msbpalTXWc1rwe4zxo1_1280.png

tumblr_msbpalTXWc1rwe4zxo4_1280.png

tumblr_msbpalTXWc1rwe4zxo3_1280.png

tumblr_msbpalTXWc1rwe4zxo2_1280.png

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    exPbOwr.png?1

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OevlH25QWM

I can't stop listening send help

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Hey so guys who here has seen The Fighting Ippo?

I need to talk about this very entertaining boxing drama show, which y'all may or may not have heard of.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    i saw a hajime no ippo
    is it the same or some kind of reboot

i remember the dempsey roll and a pretty good soundtrack

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    They did an original "season" with like 72 episodes, then did a couple of movie-length sort of episodes, then they did another "season" of 26 episodes, and there's going to be a third episode this fall. And yeah, the original series had a great soundtrack (dude who did the music for Trigun and others did it) though in the second and likely third seasons the music is different, still pretty good, and the quality which was already really high is even better.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    does he ever go back and fight his rival again

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    And yeah, the original series had a great soundtrack (dude who did the music for Trigun and others did it)

Reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Which rival? He's got like 3.
    And yeah, the original series had a great soundtrack (dude who did the music for Trigun and others did it)

Reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally

Indeed.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    the guy from the beginning who he paralyzed with boxing magic by uppercutting him slightly on the nose, always tried to win on points

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    You know what else has a pretty great soundtrack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb7HhIPe6gA

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    the guy from the beginning who he paralyzed with boxing magic by uppercutting him slightly on the nose, always tried to win on points

Paralyzed with boxing magic? You mean the dude who like knocked out by smashing him full in the face with his fist? Kobashi Kenta right? I... don't think he's really his rival? Anyway, I haven't really seen him mentioned in the show (though the wiki talks about him if you're interested, likely info from the manga which is way ahead of the anime, if you're interested)

Actually I was curious about a conflict of information between that wiki and something from the anime.

• Options
    It's been I guess 5 years!?!?!?! holy shit! Since I watched it so who knows what happened. My memory recalls some guy who got hit in such a way where even though he was basically fine he got hit in some magic nose nerve that prevented him from affirming he could keep fighting. It may have been his chin

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    It's been I guess 5 years!?!?!?! holy shit! Since I watched it so who knows what happened. My memory recalls some guy who got hit in such a way where even though he was basically fine he got hit in some magic nose nerve that prevented him from affirming he could keep fighting. It may have been his chin

Oh! Yeah that makes more sense, you mean Miyata (I don't think he usually wins on points though?) but yeah, he got hit in like the right place hard enough to jangle his brain/nerves in such a way that he couldn't stand up again. At this point he hasn't fought him again, maybe this coming season?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Looks like an update

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    He's totally talking about miyata, who's an outboxer that typically wins with counters or on points

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    cannot wait for the caliborn mangas update

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    wait wait wait i just figured something out

caliborn writes in green text

who else writes in green text

people on 4chan who tell stories about being alphas

• Options
    John: wear the scarf. Be the Rider.

• Options
    Today in Homestuck
    August 31

2009: 4 pages. We ask Dave to take the other expensive ninja sword, which disappears as something quickly grabs it across the screen. Dave heads for the door, as Lil' Cal is set on a turntable. On the door is a comic his Bro must've left for him. It depicts some sort of bizarre Muppet Babies-Saw crossover. Dave rips it in half, figuring that his Bro is just trying to "get under his skin". Dave wonders if perhaps this is a failing on his part because he's not ironic enough to get it, or that, perhaps, some of these things are a bit too ironic.

2010: 2 pages. Future Karkat attempts to regroup and tries to get the memo going again.
    He tries to reflect on what went wrong with both the memos and their session and fails to come up with anything, and reflects that his last happy memory was a troll holiday that seems to involve decorate freshly killed Alternian wildlife. Just as he's about to resign himself to the "BLACK UNCARING VOID OF OUR NULL SESSION" Kanaya chimes in and says she and her lusus didn't really do anything on that holiday. It's apparently the only memo she participates in, as she scanned through the rest, noticed that she wasn't in them, and then noticed her entries in the current one were blank, meaning that she needed to fill in said blanks. Karkat talks more about their recent ultimate failure but refuses to elaborate, telling Kanaya that he just finished ranting about it in the previous memo. She also says that the whole memo system makes plenty of sense to her, which causes Karkat to muse that she "PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER MAID OF TIME THAN THE ONE WE WERE STUCK WITH", but Kanaya points out that she thinks "We Are Given Roles To Challenge Us" and says she doesn't really know what to do with her forge and stuff, but Karkat assures her that it all works out in the end. Anyway, she says that isn't why she messaged in the first place, and Karkat eventually gets it out of her that it's about a relationship that, perhaps, isn't "Really Red Enough". She doesn't divulge the subject of these issues and changes the subject to trying to figure out how Karkat knows so much about this stuff ("Do You Have Access To A Manual Archived On A Remote Server Somewhere"). Karkat admits that he doesn't really know that much but says it's good to get this stuff off your chest or you'll go "SHITHIVE MAGGOTS" over it. He says that his own blackrom issues have been causing confusion lately because before he wasn't sure he could even have one due to his standard being too high. Kanaya then tries to turn the conversation back on him, but he blatantly changes the subject when asked about his "Scarlat Ambitions". Kanaya then gets to her real question: "Is Magic A Real Thing". Karkat refutes the notion, pointing out the various things they've alchemized and basically arrives at "sufficiently advantaged technology is indistinguishable from magic" except in more words. She asks apparently because she's not sure how to stoke the Forge, but he assures her again that she'll figure it out, and that really, they were all "REALLY AWESOME AT THIS GAME" until very recently. Karkat doesn't divulge details but tells her to scroll up to the top of the timelines and see for herself. In his present, he spots Kanaya revving up her chainsaw and approaching a sleeping Tavros: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING???????" About an hour later "FCG2" connects to the memo, tells Kanaya she is "OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN MIND" but apparently in a good way. He shuts the memo down for his past-self, "SINCE HE'S CURRENTLY LYING UNCONSCIOUS ON THE FLOOR".
    Kanaya scrolls up in her Trollian timeline window, where at the very top, the lines end and a jagged, random black-and-white pattern appears.

2011: No update.

2012: No update.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Kind of a stretch and I doubt it's related, but I can see it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    those how to draw books are giving me flashbacks to my childhood

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

Try listening to this, instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbsJ4_OzhdA

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    i'm... not sure why, but in these updates, i'm kinda having trouble reading john's lines as being 'said' by john, somehow

might be the lack of dialog/pesterlogs, or the fact that text within the images have usually been sound-effects, shrug

• Options

Kind of a stretch and I doubt it's related, but I can see it.

People still did this when he posted here right

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

how do you swordfight with boxing gloves on?

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »

how do you swordfight with boxing gloves on?

BAHLEETED

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    need to see homestuck/homestar farts IMMEDIATELY

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    homestuckrunner-1.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

Reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally

Yeah, if you want to see an anime with some really great 90's early 00's music that really sets the tone during the action, Hajime no Ippo is really top notch in that regard. IMO if you like shonen anime or 90's-00's era anime at all, it's a must see.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I'm pretty sure today's update hasn't been called yet, even though I read it like an hour ago.
    Spoiler alert: Roxy DIES

Snowglobe on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    horse accident

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    horse. accident.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    HORSE

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ACCIDENT

wY6K6Jb.gif
This discussion has been closed.