As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] World Championship Edition

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/node/4709

End of season 3 awards.

Bronze - Icon
    Silver - Ward Skin
    Gold - Victorious Elise

Rewards can be earned in any format of Ranked, because go fuck yourself Dominion, we don't care that Twisted Treeline is just as unbalanced.

Do I really have to play through ranked in other modes again this season?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    So, who wants to make a TT ranked team?

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I'd be down for a TT team. It's kinda weird, but at least the games are shorter.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I guess I'd be down for some TT ranked action. I know I wont have much fun in normal ranked until that dumb skin is secure anyway.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I will play TT with you guys if you want to try to get gold in it.

wbBv3fj.png
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I'll be down for some games tomorrow morning and all day Thursday if anyone wants to send me friend requests now.

Other than that, I have no idea. I'm bored at work and want that Elise skin.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Suppose it's worth noting I'm on EU-W.

Also turns out that 1AM and annoyed at end of season skins is a perfect state of mind to play burd. Go HAM, eat eyeballs, win game.

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So I know it's bad form to first-time a champ in ranked,

But I had asked for ADC and it seemed like everyone was good with where they were going, but then it turned out two people had decided on mid(One asked for ADC or mid, I asked for ADC, and the other one figured they could have mid). So with like, 10 seconds left in select, I go "Oh shit I'm going top"

I also go "Oh shit Shen's open"

And then I select him.

And then we play.
    b8ms.jpg

heh.

Shen.

Also, like, all but one of my deaths were the result of 4-man tower dives.

Khavall on
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Gold - Victorious Elise

Oh God yes

Spiderlady's skin better be damn pretty

I just want that border man. I'd forfeit it all for the border. There's just something so beautiful about the plat and diamond borders.

Talith wrote: »
    http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/node/4709

End of season 3 awards.

Bronze - Icon
    Silver - Ward Skin
    Gold - Victorious Elise

Rewards can be earned in any format of Ranked, because go fuck yourself Dominion, we don't care that Twisted Treeline is just as unbalanced.

Do I really have to play through ranked in other modes again this season?

Yes... and with me you sexy challenger smurf you.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    HAHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSSSS I HATE ELISE WHO GIVES A FUQ IF I GET TO GOLD

Cass if I teach you how to get to gold, you give me RP? hmm?

• eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    I can finally try Support Elise after S3 is done.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

if you carry me to gold ill buy you skins in thanks sure

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    My desire to play ranked is grossly compromised by my limitation to Comcast as an ISP.

Fortunately, the Elise reward does little for me.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    This ranked system is ridiculous. Like almost all my opponents are gold because MMR. And yet Silver 3. So weird. :-/

Roz wrote: »

if you carry me to gold ill buy you skins in thanks sure

I cannot carry, only teach.

Step 1: Play Sejuani.

I will accept my RP at your earliest convenience.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Jumped back into Ranked for 3 games. Let's recap:

Game 1: Support Teemo. Who built straight AP and bought not a single ward. Tryndamere who couldn't stay connected. I'll let you guess how that one went.
    Game 2: AP Tristana. In top. Against Garen. Enemy Shaco who was a damned terrorist. Yeah, that was a loss.
    Game 3: What is this? People playing champs where they're meant to be played? People not jumping on each other for mistakes? TEAMWORK? Yeah, that was a win.

So, I'm -8 LP on the night. It's a good thing I've got 2 months to get to Gold.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    My ranked strategy four parts.

1. Play jangle.
    2. Lots of drinks
    3. Daft Punk
    4. Mute everyone else.

I've met with a good deal of success. And by success I mean I'm not getting mad. Which is really the true victory in ranked.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    This ranked system is ridiculous. Like almost all my opponents are gold because MMR. And yet Silver 3. So weird. :-/

then ull b gettin krazy points per win and not losin much for losses np

obF2Wuw.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    ShseX5E.png
    8-)

crimsoncoyote on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ranked report

game one annie mid go 10/0/4

game two sejuani jungle abruptly get 700 ping five minutes in and die forever

right now i remember why i stopped playing ranked it's because my provider can't be trusted and it agitates me to excessive degrees if i'm not playing aram

liEt3nH.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Man I wish I'd organized a PA TT team earlier, people are going to be spamming the queue now, 2 months is not that long, and I'm taking a break at the moment because of my hands. If you're interested in an NA team PM me with summoner name and we'll see what we can do. @Delphinidaes was the one doing it last year, but it seems he's playing Final Fantasy now :( The 30% of the team's total games requirement is a bummer, though, that makes you really only be able to have 3 people on the team.

Coinage on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Guys I suck at singed

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    ranked report

right now i remember why i stopped playing ranked it's because my provider can't be trusted and it agitates me to excessive degrees if i'm not playing aram
    That is the most frustrating thing on the planet. My thoughts are with you in your hour of need.

Guys I suck at singed
    I manage to suck at Singed on TT which is my primary map. I don't even know.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Guys I suck at singed
    Real simple:
    1) Don't pick him into someone ranged, it's not worth the headache
    2) Safe farm as much as you can. Fling every now and then to keep the other guy honest, but your goal is just to farm.
    2b) You may die once to your opponent straight up. It happens.
    3) Farm until Tear+Catalyst+Boots1
    4) Buy 2-4 wards, go into enemy jungle, ward appropriate buff on top side. Start killing creeps between Tier 1 and 2 towers. The ward on the buff gives you enough warning to skedaddle in the appropriate direction when the enemy starts sending multiple people to deal with you. If it's just your lane opponent, just stall them out and make them chase poison and waste their time.
    4a) If purple side, all you need to ward is Blue, though keep an eye on where people are. It's a little dangerous, so you may end up needing to run through the enemy tower to safety. If blue side, ward enemy Red and tri for best coverage.
    4b) Teleport into fights on bot/dragon as necessary
    5) Once the enemy Tier 1 tower is down, it's your call whether to keep proxying between the Tier 2 and Inhib or to proxy another lane.

I have a 100% win rate with Singed, this is foolproof

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

It's true. It's still pretty ridiculous for a professional company to have a system that amounts to, "Drink, pledge, or you're never getting in!"

edited August 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4fyfSzQs2E
    These kinds of videos never get old for me.

Coinage on
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I think I may have made a breakthrough in my understanding of jungling... or everything just happened to break right for me in a way that's never going to happen again. Oh, and I accidentally used my ADC runes/masteries.

JungleOP.jpg

But I think maybe I overdid it. By the time I completed my boots, I was just going into Zac's jungle and taking what I wanted. Twice I smited a buff from him as he was killing it. I spent time in lanes while they were back and buying.

I should never play jungle again, and just leave with a perfect memory intact.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    ranked report

That is the most frustrating thing on the planet. My thoughts are with you in your hour of need.

Just means I have to play in hours that are off-peak, but not so off-peak that there's weaker servers.

liEt3nH.png
  • chocolovechocolove Registered User regular
    I kinda really want that elise skin so I'd be down if anyone on NA wants to form a TT team. In game name is Alex Edler, I'll creep around the PA channel when I am on

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013

It's true. It's still pretty ridiculous for a professional company to have a system that amounts to, "Drink, pledge, or you're never getting in!"

look ur lucky they removed the "rl authenticator" that was just an automated spanking robot ok

and the beer pong requirements were little shy of diabolical

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Sigh, back down to 0 LP in Silver 1. This latest game, my Sona was Bronze 2 duo queued with our Gold 4 Vayne. Their Janna was Bronze 2 duo queued with their Gold 4 Eve, whose main (as revealed after the game) is Plat 4 in EUW.

I went bot, eve went top, top died and it's my fault. I go top, mid Xerath dies to mid Cass, Eve nowhere in sight, it's my fault. I literally cannot be in 3 places at once and I'm up to 6 losses in a row with Naut jungle. And not for lack of trying.

I shove bot from our base wall to first enemy tower and take it; whilst doing so, my team advances up mid for no reason and gets caught by Eve/Janna on a flank. They literally walked up past the river and stood there while I pushed bot. Guess what? My fault for "not staying with team" when they walked up mid and left bot lane at our goddamn base.

Honestly I wish, I WISH there was an option that made solo queue actually solo queue. I would fucking kill to never ever ever have a game like this again. It's late and I lost two in a row tonight and I really have other shit to do but all I want to do is play again.

I need a stompy fuck jungler to take advantage of enemy team retards instead of tanky junglers. The latter is beyond useless when all 3 lanes lose and lose hard.

This sort of shit is why I didn't hit Gold last season, either.

Edit: the worst part of all this is I know I probably could have won some of those 6 games if I'd played better. I just don't see how I can play better.

Rius on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I don't fucking understand

My top lane picks Trynd

I think "oh man if I snowball his lane he can carry us" so I pick Nunu

I get Trynd to 5/0

And then he loses like 3 straight 1v1 duels in a row

And Leona starts bitching the entire rest of the game that Nunu is useless and it's my fault we lost the game

No shit if the person I get fed doesn't do fucking anything it's going to be a problem!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Queue into ranked. Enemy Karthus is 31-0 with the champion.

He is now 31-1.

Blames his team, despite the fact that he had 17 deaths in a 34 minute game. I remind him of that number, and he tells me to talk when I have over 60% winrate on Cho. ...I had 77% before that win.

:bz :bz :bz

Kasyn on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I would totally be down for a TT team. I need to, you know, relearn how to play TT correctly, but I assume it hasn't changed too much from "Three bruisers, 1 AP, maaaaaybe an ADC that's safe, Kill shit"

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    I would totally be down for a TT team. I need to, you know, relearn how to play TT correctly, but I assume it hasn't changed too much from "Three bruisers, 1 AP, maaaaaybe an ADC that's safe, Kill shit"

It has changed quite a bit since it was a 5v5 map yes.

wbBv3fj.png
    Hit 0, lost another game, Demoted to Silver 2 =/

I literally don't know how the fuck I was supposed to win that one.

Udyr (me) 2/1/1
    Ahri 2/5/0, crystal flask and a zhonyas
    Renekton 0/8/2, black cleaver
    Janna 1/5/1
    Twitch 0/5/2

What do I do?

This discussion has been closed.