As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars X-Wing] Wave 7 and New Core in stores! PA Vassal League Season 3 now forming!

• Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    Dark Curse is a monster at heart. If I had to only take two TIEs it'd be him and Mauler.

hmm.gif
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2013
    It sounds like you are saying he didn't use focus because he saw the results of the defense roll. You do know that the attacker has to decide whether or not to use focus BEFORE defense dice are rolled, right?

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I phrased it ambiguously, but it was cases where he either only rolled hits and blanks, or he rolled like one hit and one focus, and didn't bother spending it because I was rolling three dice and had a focus token on him and he knew he would have to roll defensively after he got his shots in.

• Options
    Ah, I see.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    My FLGS received a bunch of ships today, including two Y-wings and two TIE Advances. I picked up a 2nd Y-wing to round out my Rebel options. Maybe I'll run two with a YT-1300 and see how that goes.

hmm.gif
  • Options
    I grabbed a TIE-A and now maybe I can actually field a Imp squadron without having to bum more TIEs off someone.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Interesting. I figured you'd have gone for another TIE Interceptor. The Advanced according to most people simply a vehicle for missiles and Darth Vader, but I'd like to try out one of the unnamed pilots alongside a TIE Bomber next time I play Empire.

Maybe something like:
    Storm Squadron Pilot
    -Cluster Missiles
    Scimitar Squadron Pilot
    -Proton Torpedoes, Assault Missiles, Seismic Charges
    Mauler Mithel
    -Adrenaline Rush
    Backstabber
    Academy Pilot

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    Interesting. I figured you'd have gone for another TIE Interceptor.

But there's that 2-pack of them coming out next year! I'm trying to be somewhat reasonable. Four TIE-I would just be me admitting I have lost all semblance of control over this situation.

• Options
    Nah, it'd just mean you're aiming to build a nasty-as-hell x4 Interceptor list.

hmm.gif
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    Interesting. I figured you'd have gone for another TIE Interceptor. The Advanced according to most people simply a vehicle for missiles and Darth Vader, but I'd like to try out one of the unnamed pilots alongside a TIE Bomber next time I play Empire.

Maybe something like:
    Storm Squadron Pilot
    -Cluster Missiles
    Scimitar Squadron Pilot
    -Proton Torpedoes, Assault Missiles, Seismic Charges
    Mauler Mithel
    -Adrenaline Rush
    Backstabber
    Academy Pilot

You aren't completely wrong with the tie Advanced. This is the reason I only purchased one. The only reason I'd want to field one is to have Darth Vador on the board. to me, that is a close enough reason to get him on. But the need to have more than 1 at this point is not worth it to my eyes, espicially if you can have tie interceptors and tie bomber on the field now.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Right now I'm thinking this for an Imp squad:
    Darth Vader — TIE Advanced 29
    Squad Leader 2
    Concussion Missiles 4

Soontir Fel — TIE Interceptor 27
    Push the Limit 3
    Stealth Device 3

"Dark Curse" — TIE Fighter 16
    Stealth Device 3

Obsidian Squadron Pilot — TIE Fighter 13

Dark Curse with a Stealth Device is just stupidly hard to hit, Soontir Fel can do all sorts of crazy shenanigans with PtL, and Vader + Squad Leader means he gives anybody else even more silliness than they've already got going on. The Obsidian Squadron Pilot is kind of a filler assignment, but I don't know what else I can slip in there for the points, and like hell I'd run a 3-Imp squad.

• Options
    ZOMG guys my FLGS is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale. I am going to pick up 2 b-wings, what shall my free ship be?
    I have all the wave 1 ships and 2 A-wings, that's it.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Get a TIE Interceptor

• Options
    Tie intercepter sourds like a no brainer. One of the best imperial fighter. A must. In fact, you should own more than one. Get one now and then get the imperial aces package (2 tie interceptor with new paint job and pilots/skills) which should release early next year.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm curious, the Imperial Aces pack, are those the same as the standard interceptors (except for the paint jobs)? I mean, do they have the same movement dials, or are they souped up versions?

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm curious, the Imperial Aces pack, are those the same as the standard interceptors (except for the paint jobs)? I mean, do they have the same movement dials, or are they souped up versions?

They're regular Interceptors, of course, but there are new pilots and upgrades included in the set.

• Options
    Just picked up a Lambda Shuttle, and have put together (yet another) list:
    Colonel Jendon — Lambda-Class Shuttle 26
    Weapons Engineer 3
    ST-321 3

Black Squadron Pilot — TIE Fighter 14
    Marksmanship 3

Marksmanship 3

Marksmanship 3

Marksmanship 3

Lock-on like a mother, give lock-on to TIE, have TIE use Marksmanship with the ability to re-roll any dice that come up blank. All about the glass cannons.

• Options
    2 B-wings and Tie-In bought. I will be going back when they release imp aces. Oh yes. I will.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I'm new to this thread. Can I post in it? :D

I splurged and bought a bunch of ships this week. When they all arrive next week I will have 2 of everything. What are some good list ideas I could do with that?

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    MuddypawsMuddypaws Lactodorum, UKRegistered User regular
    It's a terrifyingly addictive game. My partner and I have only played three games so far. We started with the basic box, then added an A Wing (they're cool ok! Just like Tomb Kings in Warhammer..) and a Tie Int. Then another core box.Then a Tie and X Wing. Now we have Falcon and Slave-1 en route and Imperial Aces on pre-order. Someone save us. :(

• Options
    Muddypaws wrote: »
    It's a terrifyingly addictive game. My partner and I have only played three games so far. We started with the basic box, then added an A Wing (they're cool ok! Just like Tomb Kings in Warhammer..) and a Tie Int. Then another core box.Then a Tie and X Wing. Now we have Falcon and Slave-1 en route and Imperial Aces on pre-order. Someone save us. :(

There are no saving. The sad part is that I've spent more time actually gathering, taking care of proper storage, card sleeving than actual games. That's what happen when you have too many games at home and only your kids to play with.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    @Guibs have more kids.

Even better - adopt. Then the kids are already grown up a bit and can start playing straight away!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Black Friday sale meant X-Wing miniatures were 20% off! And I had a punch card filled up* so I had $10 off my purchase. So I got Slave I and a TIE Bomber because the TIE Bomber was pretty much free withe punch card, right? God help me, I'm so addicted.

*The punch card pretty much filled up by X-Wing purchases.

• Options
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Black Friday sale meant X-Wing miniatures were 20% off! And I had a punch card filled up* so I had $10 off my purchase. So I got Slave I and a TIE Bomber because the TIE Bomber was pretty much free withe punch card, right? God help me, I'm so addicted.

*The punch card pretty much filled up by X-Wing purchases.

The addiction you can use to fund your addiction is the best addiction!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ElderCat wrote: »

Yeah, I'd heard that awhile back. Not sure why, though. At least X-wings and Y-wings and TIEs are now largely available.

• Options
    Really? I still haven't seen X-Wings and vanilla TIEs around here.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

My FLGS has specifically tried to get them at least twice in the last month at my request and was told by all his distributors that they are out of stock.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Really? Amazon's got 'em.

• Options
    yeah tie fitghter and x-wing have been available since a while in store and online. It was the tie Advanced and y-wing that were impossible to get your hands on and that changed 2 weeks ago.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Getting quite mad about the X wing I bought from someone a few months ago on ebay even though they shipped everything else

I really hope they learned something about how fast they fly out of stores when it comes to the aces pack

• Options
    Here in the UK we just got X Wings and Tie Fighters back in stock, with B Wings, Advanced and the rest expected (according to Wayland) at the end of January. Woe is me and my first world problems!

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Firstly, I'd like to support my FLGS. Secondly, I like to inspect the miniatures before I buy them, as the paint apps can vary a bit from piece to piece.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Firstly, I'd like to support my FLGS. Secondly, I like to inspect the miniatures before I buy them, as the paint apps can vary a bit from piece to piece.

Fair enough although these fly off the shelf so fast that I didn't want to take chances myself. I just grabbed them. Nothing to complaint about my tie advance and y-wing I got from amazon.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I finally just ordered an X-Wing from Amazon. It's the last expansion I needed and I had to find something to fill the new free shipping limit.

If my FLGS gets some in, say, the next month I may pick up another one.

• Options
    I have X Wing stuff wrapped and ready for Christmas day, as a gift for my other half. I love gaming spouses. It makes any woman sexier, like beer goggles but with dice and no hangover.

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    The first half of my order arrived today.
    PVaK3vE.jpg

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Is the second half two more of each?

• Options
    Someone tell me what to do with B-wings... I can't decide.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    ElderCat wrote: »
    Someone tell me what to do with B-wings... I can't decide.

Equip the Autoblasters and laugh as Dark Curse tries to not get killed in one shot.