As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Thread of A Series of Books of A Song of Ice and Fire (OURS IS THE SPOILERS)

1100101102103104106»

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Maybe it was trial by combat?

Like, the Mountain clearing away the judicial backlog via cutting people in half?

"Guilty!"

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I assume that's a good way to practice. In battles, sometimes you are facing other knights, but a lot of times you are just ripping through zerg rushes of lightly trained peasants with swords shoved into their hands.

Inkstain82 on
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    I assume that's a good way to practice. In battles, sometimes you are facing other knights, but a lot of times you are just ripping through zerg rushes of lightly trained peasants with swords shoved into their hands.

Not a terribly good way to practice for an upcoming duel with someone like the Red Viper, though.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I mean, ideally he'd be practice dueling someone. But I'd wager the number of people willing to practice with him probably got cut down fairly quick.

Quid on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    Inkstain82 wrote: »

Not a terribly good way to practice for an upcoming duel with someone like the Red Viper, though.

Look, breakfast murders may not be as memorable and well crafted as lunch and dinner murders but they're the most important murders of the day.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I just hope the show doesn't choose to remove Oberyn's steel codpiece. I can handle deviations, especially if they choose to embellish, but it would be a loss for the show if it doesn't show up.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I figured they were criminals being disposed of. Weren't some shackled?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I uh, did a thing...
    FIpmBdI.gif

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Thoroughly enjoying all of these caption series: http://imgur.com/a/GUBms

Most of them are multi-panel jokes, but this one's good on its own:
    IVCkfQS.jpg

The rest: http://captainofalltheships.tumblr.com/tagged/chrys-watches-got-full

Linking it in here because there are some book references, though I'm not sure anything is thoroughly spoiled.

Bobble on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I uh, did a thing...
    FIpmBdI.gif

The snoop in the bottom left is a great touch :)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoying all of these caption series: http://imgur.com/a/GUBms

Most of them are multi-panel jokes, but this one's good on its own:
    http://i.imgur.com/IVCkfQS.jpg
    The rest: http://captainofalltheships.tumblr.com/tagged/chrys-watches-got-full

Linking it in here because there are some book references, though I'm not sure anything is thoroughly spoiled.

Hmm.....I quite liked this one:
    uYahWUE.jpg

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Like, the Mountain clearing away the judicial backlog via cutting people in half?

"Guilty!"

He's been working on his law degree between major cases.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

"Guilty!"

He's been working on his law degree between major cases.

He's big on torso reform.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    YkT3Ryo.jpg

hahahahahhaaha

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm a fan of this one:

G2tVEWK.jpg

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Just caught up with the most recent episode, and "your sister" works about as well as "only cat". Not having anyone else there to blame for the death is an issue though, I wonder how they will make that work.

And cutting to stoneheart would not make sense in this context, since she is not really connected to littlefingers arc. Better to save it for later, presumably as a finisher for the season after tyrion sails away. Lysa was a good "oh shit" moment to start with, as the ones that are left are all bigger impact ones, probably ending with Jaimes confession to Tyrion before releasing him, and the ensuing murders.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    part of a series, but this one works quite well on its own i think

uzM7p9f.jpg

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    I don't want to go through the links, but I like the ones where Brienne and Pod talk about honor and she says "OK, you're cool, we can hang."

Niiiice.

(had to check to make sure this was the right thread for acknowledging that wordplay)

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Hey, this thread is getting old and should be dismissed from the Kingsguard.

Here's its replacement. I totally just reused the same OP.

• Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    nt

frandelgearslip on