As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choose Your Own Adventure - Vampire: The Masquerade: Nightlife

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I'm ready

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    3) This is insane. You are insane.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    This is insane. You are insane.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    vertroue wrote: »

• Options
    what the hell did I just do?!

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

"We Tremere do what we must in order to survive. We have nearly been wiped out before - called witches, warlocks, and heretics. Do you know why I tested you? I wanted to see if you would use our talent without going insane, or combusting, or dying. It would have been a mess to clean up off the carpets, but it would have weeded the weak out. I understand that this is new to you, but blood magic is not something to be played with. If we had been able to Embrace you properly, there would have been far less of a... culture shock. You can die if you leave now and try to figure this out on your own. Let us train you."

1) I'm sorry. I accept your help.
    2) ...Fine, I'll stay.
    3) No, this is crazy, I'm out

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    2)...Fine

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    I'm sorry. I accept your help.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I'll accept your help.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Do you know why I tested you? I wanted to see if you would use our talent without going insane, or combusting, or dying. It would have been a mess to clean up off the carpets, but it would have weeded the weak out.

Guys.

Guys.

She expected us to explode. And if we did, that's a good thing because we're 'weak'.

This is not the hallmark of a good employer.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Then please help me.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Do you know why I tested you? I wanted to see if you would use our talent without going insane, or combusting, or dying. It would have been a mess to clean up off the carpets, but it would have weeded the weak out.
    Guys.
    Guys.
    She expected us to explode. And if we did, that's a good thing because we're 'weak'.
    This is not the hallmark of a good employer.
    On the other hand, she's offering to train us to prevent ourselves from exploding in the future.
    We got lucky this time, what about next time?

Sure, it's a great party trick, but if you can only do it once...

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'm sorry. I'll accept your help.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    On the other hand, our character is kind of a nerd, and has just been admitted to Wizard School. Who could say no to that?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Maria nods, satisfied with your answer. "I think you will do well among the Tremere, young one. Follow me."

"Should... Should I come too?" Lakshmi looks anxious.

Maria sniffs. "You followed the orders I gave you, however poorly. You are to come as well."

Maria leads you to a chamber beneath the earth, the four walls covered with red and black banners. In the middle of the room awaits a golden chalice. The Primogen lifts it, and you see that it is full of blood.

"To become an Apprentice, you must drink deep from this chalice. It will bond you to us, and we to you."

3S7MwJ0.png

You drink.

• Options
    sIKEwCc.png

You are a twenty two year old person living in Toronto. You lost your job last month because of layoffs - - $@#rt look//////t. You live^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^h savin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ng out with any of y~~~$$$####****###pressed. The Internet is where you spend most of your time these days.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    HIpo4s3.png

Your name is Frances Stone. You are###########################

LJ1M17h.png

Morning has a different meaning ///////////

nQzDQgZ.png

FIRE BURNING FIRE BURNING IT WILL TURN US TO ASHES WE ARE ALL DECAY UNDER THE FLAMES I HAVE TO GET OUT I HAVE TO GET OUT I HAVE TO GET OUT THE HEAT ITS BURNING ITS BURNING ITS BURNING

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    XDVkEhM.png

You awaken.

"I wish I was dead..." you groan as you struggle up to your knees. Behind you, Maria laughs.

"You are, in a way. It's the nature of our curse. But now you are among your brothers and sisters. Arise, Apprentice."

She helps you up.

"The other Apprentice is resting. Her trip was less... eventful than yours. I fear she has little power to muster. Did you want to stay here? Or do you have another place to rest? I don't expect you're up for training right away."

YeQPhat.png

You would rather fling yourself off a building than do any more blood magic shit right now.

Do you:
    1) Stay in the Chantry
    2) Go back to the Anvil
    3) Go home to your apartment

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Stay in the Chantry.

At least for tonight.

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    Stay in the Chantry

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Forget about the rest! When do we get the freakin GUNS!?

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Stay in the Chantry
    Provided we're not going to get jumped as another test of our abilities, it might be nice to rest a bit in the protection of our new family.

• Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Stay in the Chantry

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Go back to the Anvil

We can trust Paul.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Go back to the Anvil

We can trust Paul.

• Options
    Go back to the Anvil

We can trust Paul.

OH YES

I HAVE ALWAYS IMPLICITLY TRUSTED UNDEAD PERSONS WHO HAVE SENT ME OFF ON SUICIDE MISSIONS

AND DISCHARGED FLAMETHROWERS AROUND ME WHILE I'VE BEEN TIED-UP

THEY ARE REALLY THE BEST SORTS OF PERSONS

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    Go back to the Anvil

We can trust Paul.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Paul. He seems like a cool guy. Just wants somebody to talk to.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    Given the choice between the lady that expected us to burst into flames and Mr. Flamethrower McTotally McTrustworthy, I think I'll go for the third option:

Go back to my apartment

Because Frances has one Hell of a story to post on the Help/Advice section of the forums she frequents.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    H/A? Umm, are you saying Frances is posting from inside the forums ??!1?

In that case I vote Go to Critical Failures and start a CYOA about your experience

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Go home to your apartment.

What concerns me in all this was that you were apparently embraced by an Anarch Tremere. That just doesn't happen.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Go home to your apartment.

What concerns me in all this was that you were apparently embraced by an Anarch Tremere. That just doesn't happen.

Could've been a still-surviving Tremere antitribu, but yeah, doesn't really make sense. Tremere's downside is pretty... difficult to overcome in that respect.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Let's go back home to our apartment.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Let's go back home to our apartment.

We have the rest of everyone else's lives to chill at the chantry.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Guy's we're exhausted, and quite possibly being hunted by other vampires in the city. At least, the ones at the nightclub we checked out didn't seem to take too kindly to us.
    While they may not know where our apartment is, they almost certainly know where the chantry is located and an exhausted, newly initiated acolyte stumbling home would be too tempting to pass up.

Let's spend the day here, tomorrow after we've rested and fed we go home or whatever. Maybe while we're here we'll learn more about our new life.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Guy's we're exhausted, and quite possibly being hunted by other vampires in the city. At least, the ones at the nightclub we checked out didn't seem to take too kindly to us.
    While they may not know where our apartment is, they almost certainly know where the chantry is located and an exhausted, newly initiated acolyte stumbling home would be too tempting to pass up.

Let's spend the day here, tomorrow after we've rested and fed we go home or whatever. Maybe while we're here we'll learn more about our new life.

OF COURSE THE BAD GUYS WILL BE AT OUR APARTMENT

THAT IS THE WHOLE IDEA

YOU DON'T WANT TO FIGHT BAD GUYS? IN A GAME?

I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A CASUAL, @SEE317

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    see317 wrote: »
    OF COURSE THE BAD GUYS WILL BE AT OUR APARTMENT
    THAT IS THE WHOLE IDEA
    YOU DON'T WANT TO FIGHT BAD GUYS? IN A GAME?
    I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A CASUAL, @SEE317

That hurts Ender. Not accusing me of being a casual, but the overuse of capitalization and the poor punctuation. It just burns my eyes.
    And of course I want to fight the bad guys, I just want to do it fully rested so we can crush them to a meaty pulp rather than get stomped because we stumbled into a dark alley while we're half asleep.
    I may be a casual, but I'm also not one for blithely walking to my doom if there's a way to avoid it. Also, I'm a huge fan of infodumps, so I was hoping we'd get another one of those by hanging around.

see317 on
  • Options
    oh shiiii- we have a tie! Chantry or apartment? Next vote is the decision

Also, guys, don't stress too much about the lore. This is a game inspired by Bloodlines, which plays fast and loose with the lore, and I'm not suuuper experienced with the world. The Tremere are totally Camarilla aligned, just more extreme than more branches due to history that will be revealed down the line.

• Options
    OH SHIT SHIT

THE SUSPENSE

CAN I VOTE TWICE

I CAN'T VOTE TWICE CAN I

OKAY, NEXT PERSON TO VOTE, I NEED YOU TO VOTE APARTMENT. I MEAN, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A 'CHANTRY' IS? WELL IT RHYMES WITH 'PANTRY', AND WHO THE HELL WANTS TO SLEEP IN A PANTRY?

NOBODY

With Love and Courage