As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choose Your Own Adventure - Vampire: The Masquerade: Nightlife

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I don't imagine we've learned how to do much of anything, so let's try knocking on a car hood or something to attract him over, maybe circle around it to catch him from behind if we can.

Throwing in my vote below with Kaplar.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Stagger towards the guard, looking scared and injured, calling for help. When we get close enough to grab the guard, soup's on.

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Stagger towards the guard, looking scared and injured, calling for help. When we get close enough to grab the guard, soup's on.
    Quoting see317 is CYOA easy-mode

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Whimper from behind a car. As he comes close, creep around the other side and bite him from behind.

I don't want for someone to be able to recognize us later.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Whimper from behind a car. As he comes close, creep around the other side and bite him from behind.

Yeah, this is the big thing I'm going for, too.

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular

Yeah, this is the big thing I'm going for, too.

• Options
    You're suggesting we hide behind a car in a poorly lit parking garage and whimper, hoping that the guard will come to us to offer assistance.
    In a town that we've just learned is inhabited with a fair number of vampires and hobos.
    Now, I know we're a sheltered, but I'm thinking that guard has seen some shit go down in this garage. Paul seems to know his way around here, chances are, he's eaten here before. Maybe the guard will come over asking for help. Maybe he'll come over with a tazer and a nightstick hoping for a chance to beat on a drunk hobo, maybe he'll be the superstitious kind of person who's seen other people get taken by vamps and so avoids the dark corners unless he has his home made anti-vampire kit in hand.

• Options
    You're suggesting we hide behind a car in a poorly lit parking garage and whimper, hoping that the guard will come to us to offer assistance.
    In a town that we've just learned is inhabited with a fair number of vampires and hobos.
    Now, I know we're a sheltered, but I'm thinking that guard has seen some shit go down in this garage. Paul seems to know his way around here, chances are, he's eaten here before. Maybe the guard will come over asking for help. Maybe he'll come over with a tazer and a nightstick hoping for a chance to beat on a drunk hobo, maybe he'll be the superstitious kind of person who's seen other people get taken by vamps and so avoids the dark corners unless he has his home made anti-vampire kit in hand.

You suggested we stagger toward him. If that doesn't say drunk hobo, not sure what does. We'd also be in plain sight. I still think hiding is better then stumbling into him face first.

• Options

You suggested we stagger toward him. If that doesn't say drunk hobo, not sure what does. We'd also be in plain sight. I still think hiding is better then stumbling into him face first.

I suggested we stagger looking like a scared, injured young woman still (presumably) dressed for a night of clubbing, hoping the guard would assume we'd been attacked and needed assistance.
    I was just trying to put myself in the position of the guard, and I think I'd be a bit more hesitant or careful moving towards a person that I couldn't see.

• Options
    I wonder if we could get Paul in on it. Like have him visibly sprint away from us.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    43bJnji.png

You make whimpering noises from behind a car. This attracts the guard's attention, and he comes towards you.

"You okay?" he says out loud. You wait, breathing shallowly form the nerves. As soon as he's in range, you sneak around the other side of the car and grab him. Instinct takes over. You sink your teeth into his neck and drink deeply. Once you're sated, you manage to stop - but it's tough. Paul teaches you how to hide the bite marks and move the body. The security guard will wake up feeling a little woozy but none the wiser as to your feeding session.

5F8uQEF.png

"Okay," says Paul. "Are you ready to see the Prince?"

1) Yes
    2) No
    3) I have some questions about the Prince before we go (ask in your post)

• Options
    Yes, but a quick question while we're on the way. What should I know before meeting the Prince so we're not embarrassed... or worse?
    I think we've procrastinated long enough. Let's head to our meeting while Paul fills us in on basic etiquette and protocol for a first meeting with Vampire royalty.

• Options
    Yes, but a quick question while we're on the way. What should I know before meeting the Prince so we're not embarrassed... or worse?
    I think we've procrastinated long enough. Let's head to our meeting while Paul fills us in on basic etiquette and protocol for a first meeting with Vampire royalty.

• Options
    How do we feel after feeding? Any glint of power from our bloodline?
    Also, I like how we picked the perfect car to blend into :P

• Options

• Options
    I would like to thank Paul for being so helpful through this transition.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

"The Prince rules the city absolutely. He chooses the other authorities - Primogen head each clan, the Sheriff keeps the law under control, and he talks to us Nos to keep a spy network going, stuff like that. Don't pull out some fantasy novel stuff - he's not "Your Grace" or whatever. Just be polite, respectful, and speak when spoken to."

You profusely thank Paul for being so helpful through this transition and he gives a shy smile. "...You're welcome. Now let's get going."

The Prince resides in a downtown, luxurious building that seems to reach for the sky. Paul leads you inside, explaining to the woman at the front that he has an appointment. You head up in the elevator for what seems like ages. Finally, you arrive at the Prince's floor, and you enter.

dqfbH7D.png

The first thing you notice is how generic the Prince looks - you've seen a thousand men like him. You may have even passed him on the street before. He shakes your hand and introduces himself as Adam Teodoro, the Prince of Toronto.

"Sorry for the casual attire." the Prince says. "I was out with a few Anarchs trying to repair our relations before I got the news. It seems the Sabbat are attempting another try at overtaking the city." He chuckles darkly. "I won't allow it."

He gestures for you and Paul to sit in some plush, comfortable chairs.

"I apologize for the ... harshness with which you were brought into the fold. But now you are one of us, a Kindred. You have responsibilities now. If you fail to uphold them, there will be consequences. Firstly, you must uphold the Masquerade. You cannot let mortals know of our realm. Secondly, you must connect with your Primogen. The Tremere will want to guide you along the path ahead. Their Chantry is at this address. Finally, this situation with the Sabbat and the Anarch defectors... is troubling. I need someone to get to the bottom of it. You can assist with that task."

He stands and takes a card out of his desk, then hands it to you. It's a business card for a bar downtown.

"There are a few Anarchs who like to drink and dance down at this establishment. I want you to go talk to those Anarchs, act like you're interested in joining their cause. Root out whether or not they are loyal."

"Yes, sir." you say. He nods, satisfied.

"Now if you excuse me, I'd like to speak to your Nosferatu friend. The night is young, and you have much to do."

Do you:
    1) Go to the Tremere chantry
    2) Go to the Anarch bar

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Chantry

• Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Chantry

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Go to the chantry and learn ancient blood magicks.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Go to the mystickal Chantry to learn of our fell blood majyyks.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Chantry

I can't help but read the prince's words as LaCroix's.

• Options
    Chantry

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Anarch barrrrrrrrrrr

It's like you guys have never played Bloodlines. Nines is da bessssss

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Nines is annoying :|

Chantry

• Options
    You head to the Tremere chantry. It's in an old, quiet part of the city. The building is made of old brick. It was a church once, but someone has torn off the crosses and religious marks.

N7gaLv8.png

You knock on the front door and wait. After a period of time, a young man opens the door and beckons you inside. He wordlessly leads you up a flight of stairs and opens a door. He gestures you inside and you follow. A stately older woman is waiting inside.

KnnH5Jb.png

"Welcome, child." She leans forward and smiles. "I appreciate your promptness in coming to your new home. This is the Tremere Chantry of Toronto, where we train new neonates and teach them our ways. You may stay here if you wish; this is a safe space for you. In any case, I am pleased that you have arrived quickly. My name is Maria Neroni, the Primogen of the Tremere and regent of this Chantry."

You have earned favour with Maria, opening up new options in social trees.

"Usually, we are very picky about who we Embrace. We do allow just anybody through our doors to be trained in the art of Thaumaturgy. However, I have been informed by the Prince that your circumstances are exceptional, that you lie in the middle of the conflict between the factions of the city. I have been instructed to accept you and train you. Are you up to the challenge, neonate?"

1) Yes.
    2) No.
    3) (SMART) Why do you keep calling me neonate? Am I that young by vampire standards?

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    3) (SMART)

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Why do you keep calling me neonate? Am I that young by vampire standards?

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Why do you keep calling me neonate? Am I that young by vampire standards?

• Options
    Yes.

• Options
    3) (SMART) Why do you keep calling me neonate? Am I that young by vampire standards?

Maria laughs. "You are a newborn baby by our standards. Your sire is meant to guide you through your youth, and keep you from embarrassing yourself or kicking up trouble. You do not have that luxury. You'll need to learn from us elders and climb the ranks of our society on your own. The first step you must take is our initiation ritual. All Tremeres must rank from a chalice to show your loyalty and bond you to your brothers and sisters. Sit here and wait, I will fetch the chalice."

Maria leaves.

What do you do?
    1) Patiently sit and wait.
    2) Give Maria's office a quick look - examine bookshelves and things in plain sight.
    3) Root through Maria's drawers and look for things that are hidden.
    4) (SHELTERED) Try and Google information about this ritual on your smartphone

• Options
    2) Give Maria's office a quick look - examine bookshelves and things in plain sight.

• Options
    2) A quick look around never hurt anything.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Wait and sit

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    2) A quick look around never hurt anything.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    3: Root through things

Tremere must appreciate a healthy curiosity right? :D

• Options
    2)

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    A quick look around never hurt anything

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.