As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2013 Ideas, Suggestions and Feedback

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
Like the title says, post your feedback, suggestions, and ideas here.

Keep it civil and constructive, nobody wants to listen to you whinge about how something wasn't fair for YOU.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels

• Options
    sye46sye46 Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    they wasted a giant room for picking up the swag bag. was it really neccessary? i felt like it could've been used more efficiently.

sye46 on
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    The Indie Megabooth needs more space. It was crowded like whoa 95% of the time. Also, the PAX 10 being so separated from the other indie games was kind of weird. It'd be nice if they were closer together.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I understand that the League of Legends skin code giveaways on the Twitch streams were a means of drawing in additional viewers, but the constant begging for codes in the chat was an annoyance I could have lived without. I would imagine the Enforcers on chat mod duty did not enjoy it either on their shifts. The practice really left a bad taste in my mouth when the begging was happening during the Cards Against Humanity folks' tribute to Ryan Davis.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    First thing, I might suggest a separate thread for ticketing/registration complaints/suggestions. Since that's a very sore spot for a lot of people, and might generate a lot of posts. Clarified.

Indie Megabooth was super-crowded. I'd recommend either a larger space, or a line (in queue room) to get in (treating the whole booth as one space). Maybe that's nuts, though.

I mentioned it in another thread, but if BYOC is going to be available for single-day passholders, it should perhaps be tweaked. As it was, I only had my "day" pass checked twice the entire time...everywhere else I just kept my BYOC pass out front, nobody asked, it might as well have been a four-day pass. As such, I'd recommend setting it up so that BYOC badges actually just work for BYOC...then allow BYOC access regardless of day**. So basically snag a BYOC pass and you have BYOC access for all four days, but then make sure greencoats/enforcers don't let anybody into any other area on a BYOC badge; require a day pass to be shown every time.

With the current physical configuration, this would be fairly easy; the escalator/elevator(?) is a single point of access to the show floor, and other than that all the annex gives access to is PC freeplay and the MtG area. You could have somebody posted before the MtG area to keep BYOC badges out of there, and it's not like they have much reason to go to PC freeplay.

The main issue is that you have some people who might have shown up to BYOC, but didn't have day badges. One family didn't show up until Sunday, I suspect due to lack of show badges. That's six people just at my table, IIRC, who could have been in on the LAN action on Saturday or even Friday, depending on their travel costs. And I would have gladly given my Sunday badge up, I spent most of the day up at Bumbershoot...if I had known I could get into BYOC that night on just my BYOC badge. But once my day badge got checked one time, I decided to hang on to it just in case.

An alternate option, obviously, is to require a four-day badge for BYOC (or to treat BYOC as a four-day badge, sold on its own). However, I don't think this is a great idea, for two reasons. One, you can't limit it to just four-day holders...they sell out too quickly now. As for treating it as a standalone four-day badge, I worry that some people might buy BYOC without intending to spend much time there*, just because it's an alternate four-day badge (and those are more desirable than single-days).

Also mentioned in another thread, consider seeing if it's possible to have an "off-site" (non-WSCC) Tabletop area open after 12am. Like the Red Lion last year, or (I think) the Olive 8 this year. Might not have enough space, I guess, and manning it would suck. It's a thought, though. I understand if it's not feasible.

* - Since the BYOC and LAN-based events are better with more people around. Admittedly, I'm not one to talk, I didn't spend nearly as much time there as I intended to.
    ** - Assuming this isn't already the policy, I was given the impression it wasn't. My day badge was checked twice. Once by an enforcer getting into the Annex, and once by a greencoat on the way up the escalator from the Annex to the floor. It was effectively the policy, I could easily have sold three of my day badges and hardly been inconvenienced.

EDIT: Okay, so the BYOC thing is technically a registration suggestion, but not in the "I wasn't able to get tickets" vein.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    this isn't for ticketing &/or registration complaints.

This is purely for SHOW ideas, suggestions and feedback.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    8_Bit-Ginger8_Bit-Ginger Registered User regular
    I love PAX and have attended since 2008 but unfortunately, 2013 was my last one. Every year, the event moves away from what I felt was the original concept. TICKET SALES= Why bother purchasing online when scalpers have 5 lbs of badges on them. COMMERCE = 1:7 booths were just selling merchandise like a street fair. Vivarin and Mt Dew? Pinny Arcade? SPACE= A huge room that could have been used for something other than a Swag Bag that consisted of garbage and did nothing but create work for the janitors. Where did all of the tables in the convention center go? We used to sit around and play games until 2am and now you were getting thrown out like drunks from a bar by 12pm. CONCERTS = Bands are still great but holy crap "its 12pm get off the stage"??? TIME = What did the additional day really accomplish other that tired and grumpy exhibitors and Enforcers (I love you guys but I heard several people say that you guys were turned into angry security guards). If the Expo is going to become a commercial event for selling goods (advertising is one thing), League of Legends, and Wizards of the Coast just say so up front. I realize that things change at the same rate that I change and I will never recapture PAX 2008 - 2011 but I wished it would have gone south a bit more gradually.

• Options
    DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    Hey guys! I'll make sure IMB hears your thoughts on the crowding. Also, holy crap -- my account here just turned nine.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Sorry, this post might be kinda D&D mode. I'll spoiler it so I don't feel like I'm dominating the first page or something. All just replies to 8_Bit-Ginger's post. Some agreeing, some not.
    COMMERCE = 1:7 booths were just selling merchandise like a street fair. Vivarin and Mt Dew? Pinny Arcade?

Um...Pinny Arcade is cool.

Vendors have always been around, and expo hall space has grown to accomodate this. Pink Gorilla, Mega 64, the various tabletop vendors in the skybridge, etc...this isn't new. I did notice a lot more merch boots at exhibitor booths; Bethesda, Capcom, and the like had a healthy amount of merch for sale, and less free swag. That's fine, though. I was amused to see a specific shirt for sale that was handed out free two or three years ago, though (New California Republic shirt from Fallout at Bethesda).

SPACE= A huge room that could have been used for something other than a Swag Bag that consisted of garbage and did nothing but create work for the janitors.

Your post is very negative, btw. The swag bag is a thing. There were CAH cards in there, some codes for stuff that some people are interested in, etc. It's also a bag that you can use to put other swag you collect for the first hour or two in (though then you usually need to upgrade). And that space has a purpose, it's the queue room for the morning rush. This year they managed to do a little bit of other stuff in there, as always, which is fine. It's small compared to the con as a whole, and setting it up for much else (only to tear down later) wouldn't be worth it.

Where did all of the tables in the convention center go? We used to sit around and play games until 2am and now you were getting thrown out like drunks from a bar by 12pm.

There are off-site tabletop areas too. Also the Annex. And yeah, midnight kinda sucks, but you get a whole 'nother day.

CONCERTS = Bands are still great but holy crap "its 12pm get off the stage"???

This goes along with my suggestion for off-site gaming being open later, but they really ought to contract the Paramount (concerts were at the Paramount, right?) to go past midnight as well. Yeah, it's a late shift for some enforcers, but I agree here that a hard midnight end time might not be great.

TIME = What did the additional day really accomplish other that tired and grumpy exhibitors and Enforcers (I love you guys but I heard several people say that you guys were turned into angry security guards). If the Expo is going to become a commercial event for selling goods (advertising is one thing), League of Legends, and Wizards of the Coast just say so up front. I realize that things change at the same rate that I change and I will never recapture PAX 2008 - 2011 but I wished it would have gone south a bit more gradually.

The extra day let a lot of people go that otherwise wouldn't have been able to get in at all. There are a lot of people, particularly locals or near-locals (Vancouver, Portland) who only managed to get in for one day, and are probably glad they did. Adding a fourth day let a lot more people participate, and those of us with multiple days could do things at a much more leisurely pace. But hey, that's personal taste.

I do agree with some of the commercialization complaints. But really? The con of 2009 or 2010 is still there, for the most part. It has grown, but little has actually gone away. The WotC area and the League of Legends area and such are new and/or larger, but the entire con is larger. Huge amounts of floor space have been added, with the Annex, Sheraton, Paramount, other hotels, etc. I guess this is a complaint in and of itself...the community feels larger but more faceless and more commercialized. I get it. But it's like a city that keeps growing, that's just gonna happen. On the bright side, I suspect it's probably reaching maximum size.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Sorry, this post might be kinda D&D mode. I'll spoiler it so I don't feel like I'm dominating the first page or something. All just replies to 8_Bit-Ginger's post. Some agreeing, some not.
    COMMERCE = 1:7 booths were just selling merchandise like a street fair. Vivarin and Mt Dew? Pinny Arcade?

Um...Pinny Arcade is cool.

Vendors have always been around, and expo hall space has grown to accomodate this. Pink Gorilla, Mega 64, the various tabletop vendors in the skybridge, etc...this isn't new. I did notice a lot more merch boots at exhibitor booths; Bethesda, Capcom, and the like had a healthy amount of merch for sale, and less free swag. That's fine, though. I was amused to see a specific shirt for sale that was handed out free two or three years ago, though (New California Republic shirt from Fallout at Bethesda).

SPACE= A huge room that could have been used for something other than a Swag Bag that consisted of garbage and did nothing but create work for the janitors.

Your post is very negative, btw. The swag bag is a thing. There were CAH cards in there, some codes for stuff that some people are interested in, etc. It's also a bag that you can use to put other swag you collect for the first hour or two in (though then you usually need to upgrade). And that space has a purpose, it's the queue room for the morning rush. This year they managed to do a little bit of other stuff in there, as always, which is fine. It's small compared to the con as a whole, and setting it up for much else (only to tear down later) wouldn't be worth it.

Where did all of the tables in the convention center go? We used to sit around and play games until 2am and now you were getting thrown out like drunks from a bar by 12pm.

There are off-site tabletop areas too. Also the Annex. And yeah, midnight kinda sucks, but you get a whole 'nother day.

CONCERTS = Bands are still great but holy crap "its 12pm get off the stage"???

This goes along with my suggestion for off-site gaming being open later, but they really ought to contract the Paramount (concerts were at the Paramount, right?) to go past midnight as well. Yeah, it's a late shift for some enforcers, but I agree here that a hard midnight end time might not be great.

TIME = What did the additional day really accomplish other that tired and grumpy exhibitors and Enforcers (I love you guys but I heard several people say that you guys were turned into angry security guards). If the Expo is going to become a commercial event for selling goods (advertising is one thing), League of Legends, and Wizards of the Coast just say so up front. I realize that things change at the same rate that I change and I will never recapture PAX 2008 - 2011 but I wished it would have gone south a bit more gradually.

The extra day let a lot of people go that otherwise wouldn't have been able to get in at all. There are a lot of people, particularly locals or near-locals (Vancouver, Portland) who only managed to get in for one day, and are probably glad they did. Adding a fourth day let a lot more people participate, and those of us with multiple days could do things at a much more leisurely pace. But hey, that's personal taste.

I do agree with some of the commercialization complaints. But really? The con of 2009 or 2010 is still there, for the most part. It has grown, but little has actually gone away. The WotC area and the League of Legends area and such are new and/or larger, but the entire con is larger. Huge amounts of floor space have been added, with the Annex, Sheraton, Paramount, other hotels, etc. I guess this is a complaint in and of itself...the community feels larger but more faceless and more commercialized. I get it. But it's like a city that keeps growing, that's just gonna happen. On the bright side, I suspect it's probably reaching maximum size.

Did you not see the amount of trash that the swag bags created?

• Options
    edited September 2013

Of course I did.

I think you're underestimating the sheer amount of trash that the show creates. In, like, sheer tonnage per person. The swag bags are a drop in the bucket, man, even if they were highly visible to you. Luckily I believe most of the swag bag is recyclable. More work for the janitors, sure, but if they had less work there'd be less of them. It's not like the WSCC would pay them to hang around.

I was a bit disappointed in our fellow con-goers as they stacked swag bags around (full) public trash cans out on the street, though. Come on, people, take it back to your room/car/whatever, and throw it away there. Don't dirty up the town.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    Another great year as far as I'm concerned. Couple things I'd like to comend and one suggestion for next year/pax.

First I haven't heard much kudos for it, but the addition of the SMAC classic arcade for the past couple years has been awesome. It's a great place to get hands on with some great games and pinball and to get away from the massive crowds. Please keep it going! I have also gotten more into painting minis and it's great to see the reaper guys every year. Got pretty popular thus year so maybe a room with just an intsy bit more room would be great!

My only concern/suggestion is in regard to the swag bags. Please, please, PLEASE add a spot on the badges which can be hole punched. It wouldn't really slow the line by much and it would be offset by the signifigant amount of people that go through countless times. These people only want lol skin codes, CAH cards an magic deck. Once they pull those out, a discracfully large "waste" pile was produced daily with empty bags and everything excluding the aforementioned. For some reason, people getting 20 swag bags so they can make money on eBay (literaly there were postings the moment bags were available) seems just a wee bit against the spirit pax.

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Low hanging fruit that can improve the overall experience:

-Turn the queue room into a tabletop area after the queue is gone. Those little side-rooms just aren't sufficient. I found the "gold standard" tabletop room off-site, but even it got packed. The rooms in the WSCC were hot, sweaty, smelly, and uncomfortable. The tables on the 3rd floor leading to the bean bag area were all gone in favour of "life size" games. Bring back the tables.
    -Bring back the 2 am stop time each evening. Midnight came too quickly
    -Put the Indie games up on the 5th floor where they used to be. That nook on the 4th floor main area just wasn't sufficient. I spent a grand total of about 5 minutes in there because it was just too crowded. On that same note, don't waste so much valuable expo hall space giving prominent booth area to "Jesus Loves Gamers" and retro game vendors - put them in the smaller rooms on 2/3 that got freed up by moving the tabletop crowd to the queue room.
    -Bring in the mechs! The Airlock in Kirkland has them. Acquire them for the weekend. Implement them into PAX
    -Every other year at WSCC, the Skybridge was vendors that were demoing games and making some sales. This year, the entire West side of the Skybridge was nothing but vendors demoing nothing and selling things that weren't even deals. Move them and bring back the demo labs.
    -Kick LoL OUT of the main building. It causes too much havoc, and that 6th floor space is just too valuable. The last couple of years, you couldn't even play the game. Let people into watching someone else play a video game go to Benaroya or something.
    -The swag bags have gotten progressively less....swaggy...over the last few years. Reverse the trend.
    -Size-cap game booths. By that I mean there's been this trend of making bigger and bigger displays each year. This year, the Elder Scrolls Online and Watch Dogs booths were especially egregious in terms of their size. Surely there is a more efficient use of the space.
    -Make a "green screen" for cosplayers to parade through if they so choose

What did work:

-The Mountain Dew scavenger hunt idea was great. The implementation of it needed a lot - and I mean a LOT - of work. There's something valuable that they've discovered here. Legit prizes for code-hunting instead of silly 2x2 Rubik's Cubes or pins. It needs to be fleshed out, though.
    -Security staff was much friendlier than in year's past. Whomever sat down and had a talk with them deserves some kudos. They've gone from "openly hostile contempt for nerds" to "kinda-sorta-veiled-contempt", which is an improvement.
    -Classic Arcade is a huge win.
    -Classic console is great as always.
    -Console tourney room was awesome.
    -The Olive 8 is fantastic

• Options

Of course I did.

I think you're underestimating the sheer amount of trash that the show creates. In, like, sheer tonnage per person. The swag bags are a drop in the bucket, man, even if they were highly visible to you. Luckily I believe most of the swag bag is recyclable. More work for the janitors, sure, but if they had less work there'd be less of them. It's not like the WSCC would pay them to hang around.

I was a bit disappointed in our fellow con-goers as they stacked swag bags around (full) public trash cans out on the street, though. Come on, people, take it back to your room/car/whatever, and throw it away there. Don't dirty up the town.

Was that really a comment saying incredible waste is ok cause it gives janitors jobs? Wow. By that logic murder is ok cause cops have to put bread on the table. Less murder = less hours. Really?

• Options
    edited September 2013

Of course I did.

Was that really a comment saying incredible waste is ok cause it gives janitors jobs? Wow. By that logic murder is ok cause cops have to put bread on the table. Less murder = less hours. Really?

No, I'm all for reducing waste. But again, the bags are (mostly) recyclable (I think?), probably aren't as big a portion of the overall con waste as they'd appear to be, and the other poster specifically said "more work for the janitors." No, not really. It's the same amount of work for each janitors, but more janitors. The WSCC isn't going to pay them to sit around and play spades instead, they'd cut back. By all means, cut swag bags because you don't want to fill landfills with them...but the janitors have little to do with it.

EDIT: Also, (hopefully) recycled swag bags =/= murder. Seriously? Even swag bags in a landfill =/= murder.

EDIT: I'd agree that swag bags being wasted to pilfer high-demand items (particularly collectibles, like CAH cards) is an issue.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Oh, and bring back the Crabcats panel! It's 2 years without them now, and the convention isn't nearly the same without them. On the contrary, I noticed a HUGE downward spike in cosplay this year compared to other years.

• Options
    Yes, staying on topic, swag bags being wasted for just a few items is a pretty big issue as I see it. I think my suggestion would reduce both trash and people not getting a bag due to others getting 20.

• Options
    trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Missed 2012, but compared to 2011 it felt much less crowded. I think some rearranging of spaces would be helpful if this arrangement of rented spaces stays the same. Mentioned before Indie MegaBooth and PAX10 should be near each other and given more space, both were mosh pits. Thankfully 3 out of 4 of my must haves are still indie. (Would love to see the LoL space moved off site to facilitate this in the freed up floor space).

Some of the booths didn't seem to fit the theme well, Comcast/Xfinity? That just made me feel rage-y whenever I saw it. No one in the city of Seattle likes Comcast (insert your own inappropriate name for them). Maybe an exhibitor bailed last minute but still ew. I realize they're an ISP and we need Internet to game, but they're not even in every city in the US, so it seemed really out of place at an expo devoted to gaming of all varieties.

Mixed feelings about the Doritos/Mountain Dew thing. Obviously a separately run gig and had lots of flaws. The auction party was weird, but it provided yet another night time alternative. I'd probably skip it in the future, lesson learned on my part.

Also mixed feelings about the space given to e-Sports. I understand Mike and Jerry's feelings after someone asked in the Q&A but it also feels like they're slowly taking away floor space from what has been the core theme of PAX. I remember a few years ago feeling the same about Halo having the entire annex. I don't have a solution to offer, I know there are folks interested in e-Sports and Microsoft already had Beneroya for the Halo tourney, but I feel like a similar off site location would have better suited the LoL event as well.

I love the Paramount. I rarely (never) have the chance to go there normally so I love the opportunity to attend panels there for PAX. Walking in after the Q&A started... Unheard of in all the prior PAX I've been to since 2008.

I liked that there was another concession stand in the queue room, hadn't seen that in the past. Not sure if that took some crush off of the local eateries but I had less trouble getting lunch/dinner around the neighborhood.

I am also getting old apparently, but midnight was great. Got us on our drive home at a more reasonable time each night and didn't dump us out at closing time in Seattle. I also got 8hrs of sleep each night. Helped recover.

Skipped Monday. Not sure if I could stand a 4th day of crowds but it was nice having late activities Sunday night knowing I could sleep in Monday. Even if we went back to 3 days, I'd love to see a full day Sunday as opposed to closing at 6pm since we do have Monday off.

trickycoolj on
  • Options
    CONCERTS: Make them available to the general public. Tickets purchased at the door.

• Options
    Yes, staying on topic, swag bags being wasted for just a few items is a pretty big issue as I see it. I think my suggestion would reduce both trash and people not getting a bag due to others getting 20.

I think the issue is balancing not having anything in there of any value (thus leading people to not take bags at all) and having hot items in there that everybody and their baby cousin wants. Particularly the CAH cards, which people would want complete sets of. In theory this encourages trading and socialization (and it did), but it also encourages pilfering and waste. A lot of it.

I don't want anybody punching a hole in my badge, though. I'd prefer to see another way. Not sure what you'd go with that wouldn't be ridiculously manpower-intensive, though. Even punching badges would be a pain...the line would back up as it was, with nothing slowing it down by people looking inside as they walked away from the multiple stacks of bags.

• Options

Why not do away with the swag bags altogether? Let the booths hand out the stuff, free up the 15 Enforcers, repurpose the space. Holy crap, the eye-drops....THE EYE-DROPS!!!!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Also mixed feelings about the space given to e-Sports. I understand Mike and Jerry's feelings after someone asked in the Q&A but it also feels like they're slowly taking away floor space from what has been the core theme of PAX. I remember a few years ago feeling the same about Halo having the entire annex. I don't have a solution to offer, I know there are folks interested in e-Sports and Microsoft already had Beneroya for the Halo tourney, but I feel like a similar off site location would have better suited the LoL event as well.

I know the LoL area filled with people last year, and it seems like it may have again this year. And it's not THAT huge of a space, all things considered. I believe I suggested moving it off-site as well last year, but this year? I feel like it was fine. My main problem last year was that the noise drowned out panels in Wolfman and other theaters, that seems to have been solved. LoL fans being in the WSCC proper brings a lot of cosplay and excitement into the building, and the space is being used heavily. I think everybody wants all their favorite things in the WSCC proper, and all the things they don't like off-site, including me. ;)

For instance, I feel like you could find another spot for MtG off-site and put more free tabletop into the Annex. But the MtG players feel the opposite.

I love the Paramount. I rarely (never) have the chance to go there normally so I love the opportunity to attend panels there for PAX. Walking in after the Q&A started... Unheard of in all the prior PAX I've been to since 2008.

Think I did last year, too. Same for Make-a-Strip last year and this year. It's a huuuuge venue, love having it for the main.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular

Why not do away with the swag bags altogether? Let the booths hand out the stuff, free up the 15 Enforcers, repurpose the space. Holy crap, the eye-drops....THE EYE-DROPS!!!!

Haha I was excited about the eye drops until I read "remove contact lenses before using" I bet there were lots of lens wearers at PAX. Foiled!

• Options
    Quintious wrote: »
    Low hanging fruit that can improve the overall experience:

-Turn the queue room into a tabletop area after the queue is gone. Those little side-rooms just aren't sufficient. I found the "gold standard" tabletop room off-site, but even it got packed. The rooms in the WSCC were hot, sweaty, smelly, and uncomfortable. The tables on the 3rd floor leading to the bean bag area were all gone in favour of "life size" games. Bring back the tables.
    -Bring back the 2 am stop time each evening. Midnight came too quickly
    -Put the Indie games up on the 5th floor where they used to be. That nook on the 4th floor main area just wasn't sufficient. I spent a grand total of about 5 minutes in there because it was just too crowded. On that same note, don't waste so much valuable expo hall space giving prominent booth area to "Jesus Loves Gamers" and retro game vendors - put them in the smaller rooms on 2/3 that got freed up by moving the tabletop crowd to the queue room.
    -Bring in the mechs! The Airlock in Kirkland has them. Acquire them for the weekend. Implement them into PAX
    -Every other year at WSCC, the Skybridge was vendors that were demoing games and making some sales. This year, the entire West side of the Skybridge was nothing but vendors demoing nothing and selling things that weren't even deals. Move them and bring back the demo labs.
    -Kick LoL OUT of the main building. It causes too much havoc, and that 6th floor space is just too valuable. The last couple of years, you couldn't even play the game. Let people into watching someone else play a video game go to Benaroya or something.
    -The swag bags have gotten progressively less....swaggy...over the last few years. Reverse the trend.
    -Size-cap game booths. By that I mean there's been this trend of making bigger and bigger displays each year. This year, the Elder Scrolls Online and Watch Dogs booths were especially egregious in terms of their size. Surely there is a more efficient use of the space.
    -Make a "green screen" for cosplayers to parade through if they so choose

What did work:

-The Mountain Dew scavenger hunt idea was great. The implementation of it needed a lot - and I mean a LOT - of work. There's something valuable that they've discovered here. Legit prizes for code-hunting instead of silly 2x2 Rubik's Cubes or pins. It needs to be fleshed out, though.
    -Security staff was much friendlier than in year's past. Whomever sat down and had a talk with them deserves some kudos. They've gone from "openly hostile contempt for nerds" to "kinda-sorta-veiled-contempt", which is an improvement.
    -Classic Arcade is a huge win.
    -Classic console is great as always.
    -Console tourney room was awesome.
    -The Olive 8 is fantastic
    You and I were separated at birth!!!!! I forgot about the Cos-Play Traffic Jams. Nothing like trying to squeeze into the indie section while some gal held a photo shoot. Maybe I just don't care about soft core Cosplay but keep them out of the expo hall if their costume needs a parking stall.

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    I had zero problems with security staff. Half of them were even pleasant. That was a drastic change from last year and I definitely noticed it. Keep it up!

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    Also needs more cowbell. Everything is made better by bovine related percussion. And I didn't see a single bobcat. You get a bobcat with a cowbell? Friend, you've reached the level of PAX perfection.

• Options
    AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Overall I think Prime 2013 was a great time, it had it's ups & downs like any PAX but overall I think the first 4-day PAX went over pretty smoothly.

That being said, there is always feedback to be given...I've spoiler tagged it since it got a bit long.

Couple of positive notes:
    • Extra panels due to having an extra day. I personally loved this, more panels is always a good thing (when time permits)
    • Dew/Doritos QR code contest was a lot of fun. My group had a great time keeping our eyes open all weekend for points & they effort:reward ratio seemed much better than the PAX XP "contest"
    • The communication between PAX staff/volunteers & "Green coats" seemed much more consistent this year. There were a few times in past PAXes that their efforts seemed to conflict, but this year everyone was clearly on the same page when it came to organizing the masses

Things to work on next year:
    • Bring the water coolers into the main building. I don't know how much influence PAX staff have on this decision, but having water coolers available at the various theaters outside the main convention center was amazing. It let me fill up my water bottles and provided a much needed cool drink after hiking on over there. I would have loved to see them in the expo hall or even in the various hallways around the convention center.
    • Improve the audio experience during panels. By this, I mean that if an Enforcer is going to be scheduled to cover the audio board during a panel they should actually being making adjustments as needed during the panel. I lost count of the number of times I saw Enforcers sleeping behind the audio board (during pre-noon panels) or chatting with other Enforcers while the panelist could barely be heard (and no one helping them adjust their mic or boost volume levels). This made some panels very frustrating, especially if I ended up in the back or there was any crossover noise from the hallway/next door room. The problem seemed especially bad if the panel involved anything more than the panelists sitting at the table & talking.
    • The "Indie Mega-booth" was insane. Whomever thought packing that many booths into one incredibly tiny space should have their head examined. Due to the sheer number of people crowding through I could barely stop to watch the various game demos, much less try them or even stop to pick up an info card. Only making problems worse seemed to be the near absent number of Enforcers controlling things down there, leading to attendee pileups & mid-aisle photoshoots.
    • Bring back 2am closing! Pre-PAX I didn't realize how much I'd miss it, but post-PAX I really wish I'd had that time again. Nearly every night it seemed like by the time dinner was over (which as expected during PAX takes longer than usual) there was barely any time to checkout a tabletop or console game & actually play it. This made me sad over and over again.

Feedback on others feedback:
    • CONCERTS: Make them available to the general public. Tickets purchased at the door.
      As is people are turned away at the door for the nightly concerts, why oh why would you want to open them up to the general public? If the concerts were happening with empty seats in the theatre, then maybe but this just isn't the case...And besides, were you not just commenting about how PAX had gone too commercial? o_O
    • In regards to people say which companies should and should have booths or how much space they should be allowed to have, I'm not sure how much influence PAX really has over this. I mean, sure they could refuse to sell booth space to a company if they didn't want to but that typically isn't how expo events are run. Booth size & use of booth space are determined by the company paying for it (for the most part).
    • To toss in my 2cp about the swag bags, I'm personally torn on the idea. I really don't like the idea of anyone punching or marking up my PAX badge, but I do agree that something should be done to prevent/limit people from taking 1920438912048092358235 bags just to get the "collectables" and trash the rest. I also agree that seeing the piles of pillaged & dumped swag bags not even feet from where they're being handed out is disheartening; but at the same time the content in the bags seem to be slipping more & more towards advertising and less & less is there much in the bag I want to keep giving cause to the grab & dump. The only real solution I can see is to increase the "value" (or perceived value) of the swag bags themselves. Maybe just a sponsor to buy it to make them draw-string backpacks, those seem to get dumped less than other event bags.

Aractor on
    Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
  • Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Good:
    Olive 8 as the off site tabletop location was amazing. Lots of space and easy to get to without needing an elevator.
    Bad:
    Closing at 12am (actually 11:30pm) instead of 2am. Didn;t allow us to finish some of the larger games.

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    I understand that the League of Legends skin code giveaways on the Twitch streams were a means of drawing in additional viewers, but the constant begging for codes in the chat was an annoyance I could have lived without. I would imagine the Enforcers on chat mod duty did not enjoy it either on their shifts. The practice really left a bad taste in my mouth when the begging was happening during the Cards Against Humanity folks' tribute to Ryan Davis.

I was one of the mods on during that panel. There was hardly any begging at that point (as there were no more codes for that day), and it was met with swift bans. Really, the Ryan Davis panel had the most engaged and respectful chatters of the whole weekend.

That said, we are probably going to do away with giving out any codes that aren't directly related to the panel that's showing. We were tracking the view numbers and the codes only brought a small portion of the viewers.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »

I was one of the mods on during that panel. There was hardly any begging at that point (as there were no more codes for that day), and it was met with swift bans. Really, the Ryan Davis panel had the most engaged and respectful chatters of the whole weekend.

That said, we are probably going to do away with giving out any codes that aren't directly related to the panel that's showing. We were tracking the view numbers and the codes only brought a small portion of the viewers.

Perhaps I was overly sensitive after a couple days of it happening. Glad to hear that it might be changed up for the future.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    MissFishMissFish Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I thought the sweater vest security company (Staff Pro) was fantastic.

One time my badge ended up inside part of my coustume (bathroom duct taping had to happen) and I have never been told so sweetly to "can you take out your badge, dear? I know it's lots of trouble with that coustume of yours" so sweetly by an old woman.

My dad also works in the area and had to travel though the public areas of the WSCC and said they were very considerate in making sure people who weren't con goers could still move through the area.

And I said one nice thing so I can say one bad thing and still sleep at night: the swag bags were a little.... Advertisementy. Maybe it can be made more clear to the sponsors that these are for at least discount codes? At least half of what I got was "buy this computer gamers like it!!" (PS: that iPad game that came in them? It's a fantastic bus time waster. Lots of fun!)

Edit: Sorry I read something about the eye drops people and I needed to comment. At the beginning of the con they were a bit.... Aggressive I guess. Standing in the middle of the path and blocking it. I get they were a sponsor and all but they were getting in the way. They got better by Sunday so I don't know if someone had a chat with them or they got tired.

MissFish on
  • Options
    ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    How about including a separate swag ticket with each day pass purchased? (4 for a four day pass). They could change the swag a little each day, which would encourage trading. Hand in your ticket and get your bag.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    1.) The vendors that weren't marketing anything specifically gaming related like those caffeine guys and the eye drop guys need to take a hike. Caffeine pills and eye drops are pretty tenuous at best. Apparently Comcast was around also? Yes, I realize we need the internet to play games on but they don't need a slot on the show floor to advertise that they have internet. It's just opening the door to other companies to try and get in on the floor that aren't actual gaming companies. Gaming peripherals, actual games, specific gaming services (i.e. Twitch), or gaming communities (i.e. Gaymers, Game Church), should be the focus of the booths.

2.) The fuckwad shouting "FREE CAFFEINE SAMPLES" all day every day had everyone who was hanging out in that area wanting to get the torches and pitchforks. None of that ever again.

3.) Egads the Indie Megabooth. On one hand I loved seeing all those different games and got to play a lot of really cool stuff, but on the other it was just way too crazy crowded. Indie games having a progressively bigger presence is a fantastic thing to see but it might be time to give them a bigger section of the show floor if they're going to keep growing like they have.

4.) Speaking of space, the queue room was kind of a giant waste of it. I'm not entirely sure what else it could be used for (maybe have collapsible tables and chairs on hand in case people wanna eat/play games there?) but there has to be a better use for it than as a giant swag bag dumpster.

5.) The swag bags might be worth trimming out entirely tbh. They create a huge amount of waste and this year didn't even have much in them worth writing home about.

6.) Do we really need to be hosting the LoL tournament? That thing is just a massive waste of space and considering the Tony Montana drug money levels of cash they have I'm sure they can find somewhere else to run it.

7.) Vendor overlap. Do we really need multiple booths all selling the same tabletop games? Catalyst having their room for all their stuff is one thing because they're doing their own, unique thing, but just random local stores showing up to sell basically the same merchandise in direct competition with each other? It's just a redundant waste of space.

Positive stuff!

Yay, the expo hall was drastically toned down from last year! There was far more content and way less bullshit this time around. No competing DJs or booths blasting music just to make noise for the sake of noise. While there were a few exceptions (like that completely random Titanfall statue thing), the booth space seemed much better used for, yanno, actually showing off the products themselves. Some improvements can still get made to ensure that the booths use their allotted floor space wisely, but overall it was a huge improvement this year.

The expo staff seemed a lot more cheerful this year. Maybe Khoo spiked their coffee but it was a nice change this go around.

Yay for Monday! As the Slytherin Death Eater Head of House, my first day of PAX is traditionally spent powering through a massive hangover. Knowing that I have that extra day to play means I can stroll in crazy late on Friday and not feel bad about it. The extra panels and what not are awesome to have too.

The classic console area was awesome to see again. That thing is a big room full of warm, cuddly nostalgia.

In general I had a ton of fun this year and am already plotting for next year! Getting recognized by devs is kinda...weird though.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DaveRHDaveRH Registered User regular
    Long time PAX attendee here (This was my 11th PAX).

It gets better and better. Every year there are lots of posts "Get rid of X it doesn't fit the flavour of the show"....this bothers me, as I feel like that attitude is contrary to the flavour of the show. PAX is Home, PAX Is a place where we can geek out and enjoy our various geekery with many other people who share similar interests.

You are not going to like everything at PAX, and not everyone is going to like what you like. Enjoy the parts of PAX you like, and avoid the parts that you don't. Who gets to decide what's the right "flavour"?

I don't like MTG. never will ,nor am I big on e-sports like LoL.... should these be removed because I don't like them, so they can add more of the stuff that I like? This isn't a useful line of reasoning that will help anyone. PAX is about being inclusive, not catering to a specific group's wants or needs.

My group roamed all of PAX, and did not see any one event causing a real un-workable problem for others. That being said, I do think moving large draws for e-sports (like Halo, LoL etc.) to off site locations when available is a good thing, as that draws away from the convention centre and will help with the crowds.

Trust me, having been to a lot of PAXes, at this point Prime is basically a well oiled machine. Sure you will have hiccups here and there, but dealing with that many people is difficult, and PAX does as good a job as can be expected. I've been to many other larger cons, and they are often _way_ worse in terms of crowd management.

PROS:

- 4 Days was perfect, I understand (from speaking to some) that 4 days was very long for the exhibitors, but as an attendee that amount of time was perfect. I didn't notice the early close time, but I am old, and am not going to be at PAX past midnight anyway, so I don't think I'm qualified to comment on that. I think the issue is that volunteers are what keep it open so late, and adding an extra day is really hard on them, so shortening the hours was an effort to make it more management. I spoke to / saw many enforcers who were basically dead on their feet by Monday.

- It really feels like PAX is creeping out over the Seattle down town area with all the offsite locations this year, and I really like that, for no other reason than we're taking over. It would be awesome if we could shut down and take over like 4 blocks! Though I'm sure that's not possible.

- Pinny Arcade! My group thought this was silly and expensive at East and were sure that we would never do something silly like Pinny Arcade...well that lasted maybe 1 day into East, we are now hardcore Pinny Arcade collectors...we all have complete sets for East and Prime and have even picked up some Aus pins (Anyone have a DLC for trade? ;) The greatly expanded set of pins at Prime this year was great, gave us another thing to spend our time doing, and we really enjoyed tracking people down / trading.

- Mountain Dew Every 2 Minutes things...we had a lot of fun tracking down all the QR codes. It was really a lot of fun hunting it around. Having been to so many paxes, we took the approach of not planning on winning anything, and just enjoy the scavenger hunt (as we always assume there will be people more crazy about it than us), but we actually managed to get one of the XB Ones in the auction, so that was a nice bonus, but we would've enjoyed the experience without winning anything as well.

The party they had for the auctions was not our thing, again...old, so loud music and all the mt. dew you can drink is not really our bag, but see comments above about including everyone.

CONS:

- Saw every single scalper from last year, and several new ones as well. They were there all weekend, so it is obviously worth their while, or they wouldn't keep coming back (these things are driven by economics). It will break my heart to leave the WTSCC, but PAX Prime is going to have to move to a larger venue. Tickets sold out in a few hours this year, what will happen in 2014, or the next year or the year after that?

That's really all I have, everything seemed just about perfect this year for my group, maybe we just got lucky, as I know with the amount of people that attend PAX, perfection is not possible, but I really have no complaints.

PAX just keeps getting better and better, if we can find a solution to the limited amount of space we have (might I suggest Tardis technology?), I think we'll be golden!

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity does anyone know what those scalpers were asking for day passes? As much hate as they get I was actually heartened by the fact that it would be relatively easy to get into the show if you miss the online ticket sale. We had booked hotel and airfare well in advance and the fact tickets sold out so quickly online really spooked me until I saw how many scalpers were out there with legit passes for sale.

Basically I think I might avoid the hassle of online ordering next time and just show up with cash in hand. My buddy didn't even use his Sunday pass this year as he twisted his ankle and stayed in the hotel all day.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    4.) Speaking of space, the queue room was kind of a giant waste of it. I'm not entirely sure what else it could be used for (maybe have collapsible tables and chairs on hand in case people wanna eat/play games there?) but there has to be a better use for it than as a giant swag bag dumpster.

6.) Do we really need to be hosting the LoL tournament? That thing is just a massive waste of space and considering the Tony Montana drug money levels of cash they have I'm sure they can find somewhere else to run it.

I'm almost to the point where I think that suggestions on space usage inside the WSCC proper aren't really constructive without a proposed alternative. At this point, they've tweaked that space to the point where I think it's pretty close to optimal, even if it isn't to my tastes. These two in particular are common suggestions this year. The first, to some extent, was addressed. The Mountain Dew booth and second food vendor were a use of that space, and given the logistics involved probably about as good as it gets. Anything you want to do with that means a lot of additional man-hours...taking down the barriers from queue use, then setting up tables, which will presumably be stored in there, which would clutter it up in the morning, after you have to take them down, for the queue. The space really isn't that big, the queue has to go somewhere, so this kinda...works? I think that without a specific and fairly detailed alternative in mind, this is what it is.

The League of Legends tournament is a separate matter, which I've already addressed as well. But more specifically, what would you put there? More tabletop? It's pretty far removed from the 2nd/3rd floor areas. PC freeplay? That's actually closer to the "main" expo floor by being in the annex. You could put bandland and the merch booth up there, but then what do you put in their place on 4th? And now they're removed from the "main" expo floor as well. I guess you can bring theaters for panels back on-site, but frankly I'm not sure how that space works out either, with the new expo floor space.

Then you have to consider the throughput of the escalators heading up there, now that we have more expo hall space up there. I remember what the escalators used to look like when big panels would start/end. I guess what I'm saying is that I think some thought went into that location, and the choice to have them in the WSCC proper, and it wasn't just about money. That space isn't necessarily the prime real estate it might seem to be, really. Personally? I'd rather go the a panel on the first floor of the Hyatt than on the 6th of the WSCC. But I may be weird.

Allforce wrote: »
    Out of curiosity does anyone know what those scalpers were asking for day passes? As much hate as they get I was actually heartened by the fact that it would be relatively easy to get into the show if you miss the online ticket sale. We had booked hotel and airfare well in advance and the fact tickets sold out so quickly online really spooked me until I saw how many scalpers were out there with legit passes for sale.

Basically I think I might avoid the hassle of online ordering next time and just show up with cash in hand. My buddy didn't even use his Sunday pass this year as he twisted his ankle and stayed in the hotel all day.

I asked a couple, out of curiosity (and because I had friends who might be interested). Saturday and Sunday, about 11am, I got quoted $50. Might be able to haggle down from there, I doubt they were giving much for passes they bought off people (didn't ask on that).

So still scalping, but not as bad as you'd think. Face was what, $35?

mcdermott on
  • Options
    - Saw every single scalper from last year, and several new ones as well. They were there all weekend, so it is obviously worth their while, or they wouldn't keep coming back (these things are driven by economics). It will break my heart to leave the WTSCC, but PAX Prime is going to have to move to a larger venue. Tickets sold out in a few hours this year, what will happen in 2014, or the next year or the year after that?

Also, I think this is moving into the "ticketing/registration" conversation, so I won't respond other than to say that IIRC the guys have said straight up that Prime will never, ever leave Seattle. It's Penny Arcade and PAX's home, and always will be. There is no larger venue in Seattle, so that's that.

If somebody wants to start a thread to air out the ticketing issues, given that, I think that may be a good idea. Gotta get that out there sometime, or it builds up.

• Options
    CodeMonkey76CodeMonkey76 Software Developer Orem, UTRegistered User regular
    My wife enjoys playing in the tabletop tournaments. While driving home yesterday, she mentioned how she wished that the tabletop games would have "classic tabletop" tournaments. There's a classic console area, so why not a classic tabletop too? She was thinking it would be fun to have tournaments for games like Monopoly, Clue, Battleship, Risk, etc. We realize most of the tournaments are organized by the game publisher/designers, but maybe PAX could look to contact Hasbro to have them come run some tournaments. Our line of thinking then went to asking why PAX hasn't licensed/designed their own custom Monopoly game. There's tons of versions of Monopoly out there, and making an official "PAXopoly" would be pretty popular we thought.

We loved the promotional CAH card packs in the swag bags, and while it generated a ton of interest and had people trading cards to get a complete set of the PAX promo pack, it also likely caused a lot of hoarding of swag bags and people going through the swag bag line multiple times to get past the Enforcers limiting to "1 bag per person" each time through. Maybe use a hole-punch on the PAX badges to show whether or not someone picked up a swag bag already? Maybe if it were better limited to 1-per-person, the swag bags could have better stuff in them next time besides 3 packs of cards (CAH, MTG, & LoL promo) and a bunch of ads?

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    I think it would be helpful to have a brief guide to specific types of food, especially for anyone with dietary restrictions (maybe some signs at the entrance). The example I'll use is that I was constantly in line with or otherwise around fellow show attendees who were vegetarian or vegan, but had no idea that The Juicy Cafe was on the 2nd floor of the convention centre.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    ishmogishmog Registered User regular
    PROS:
    - Four days was terrific. I know the intent was to boost attendance options to, at least theoretically, allow more people to go over a longer period of time, and maybe it did that, but the big change I noticed was that people seemed a little less frantic to squeeze in everything they wanted to do over the course of the show. The lines were still crazy and probably always will be, but, at least from my perspective, people didn't seem as jacked up about missing things as they have been in the past... there was another day to come back and fit it in.

- Enforcer and WSCC staff all seemed much more on the same page this year. Kudos to whoever kicked up the communications, it made for a much smoother, friendlier, and more consistent experience this year.

PRO/CON:
    - Escalator management. I only noticed this on Monday, I don't know if that's when they started doing it or if it's just the first time one of the security staff pointed it out, but running one of the main escalator sets with two up/one down and the other with two down/one up was a great idea. The only problem was that most people didn't seem to realize it was happening, and so there were still bottlenecks where people tried to go opposite the main flow of that particular escalator bank. Some signage or something pointing to which bank was mostly up and which was mostly down could have been useful.

At no point were the backups particularly bad, it's just a thought.

CONS:
    - @pax_lines still seems a little hit or miss. I didn't go to as many panels this year as previously so it didn't bug me as much, but the updates seemed thin and arbitrary. I never knew if I could count on an update for a particular queue filling up or not, or what exactly the criteria were for it to be reported. Some clarity about what that Twitter feed does or does not provide, and for which lines, would be swell. Consider this a follow-on gripe from my 2012 comments on the subject.

- Line caps. I know you have to have them, fire codes and circulation and all. But there needs to be some back-up plan for dealing with overflow lines that doesn't involve yelling at people to keep moving. The Oculus booth was a prime example. Demand way out-stripped the space available, and when the cap was opened every fifteen minutes, it was like a flash mob--everyone hanging around pretending to be interested in a different booth or walking in circles materialized and tried to get a spot.

Realistically, if people want badly to see something, and you can't let them in to see it immediately, there is going to be a line. If you force them to pretend there isn't, and don't let them stand someplace in a quiet and orderly fashion, you get a mad, disorganized rush.

A more innovative approach to dealing with this would have been nice. I see people griping about the queue room being wasted after the show was open; maybe Enforcers could re-use the space for overflow from other queues that unexpectedly outgrow the show-floor space available.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be time-consuming and difficult to shuttle groups around like that. But some solution other than "pretend you're not waiting around for this thing you are waiting around for" would be more fair and less chaotic.

- Echoing some of the other comments here, I think the Indies definitely need more space next year. It's one of the most interesting aspects of the show, and clearly the area pulls in a lot of folks who spend a lot of time looking and chatting there. I guess there's probably resistance to reducing the floor space available to the big guys with the big checkbooks, but it seems clear there's enough draw to the indies that they need more breathing room.

OVERALL
    Great experience again. My favorite show ever was still last year's Prime, but it feels like you're settling into a good groove now, and I wouldn't be unhappy at all for PAX to continue on in this vein until time immemorial.

• Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    This year was great and the following are my pros and cons for the convention:

Pros:
    - It was so nice on Sunday night when I felt like PAX was over and then realizing there was another day!! I know it is harder on the people running the show so hopefully we can all think of ways to alleviate the stress on them. I hope to see the 4th day as a permanent addition to PAX.

- Amazing selection of panels this year. I had so many marked on my schedule that I couldn't fit them all in.

Cons:

- I feel like Pax Prime's classic console is withering away while Pax East's is getting stronger. East 2013's classic console was much better compared to Prime's this year. Part of the problem is due to the space issue and classic console was stuffed into a smaller venue. The game and system selection was weaker this year also. I love classic console and I'd prefer to see it stay as a part of PAX. But this year it felt like it was an afterthought and got less attention.

- I love League of Legends and the fact that they cooperate with PAX so I want to see it stay at PAX. But the unfortunate reality is that LoL could outgrow PAX. I'm in support of moving LoL to Benaroya. PAX is not an eSports convention so really PAX should only be hosing one and it should be in a large venue like Benaroya. From what I can tell LoL is the most popular and the fact that they chose PAX to host their tournament is healthy for PAX. But, there isn't room for both Halo and LoL so honestly I think one should go, preferably Halo. I bring this up only because events that are more pertinent to PAX like classic console are suffering as a result. CC used to be in the area where LoL was and that space was better for it.

This discussion has been closed.