As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Comedown, I was unprepared. How do you cope?

2»

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    I have clinical depression and it comes out swinging once I get home. The only thing I can do is take all of the energy and hype I got from PAX and turn it into things. Draw, clean, make a website, make silly youtube videos. Because if I just sit and think its just crushing.

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    I find that the more PAX shows I attend, the better it gets: it helps to know that another one is not (too) far away.
    Shade wrote: »
    The only thing I can do is take all of the energy and hype I got from PAX and turn it into things. Draw, clean, make a website, make silly youtube videos.

Being productive is good!

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    GreenizdabestGreenizdabest Southeast CT - USARegistered User regular
    Another thing that helps is planning ahead. For East, we already know the dates, so I pricelined and kayak'd around and found several hotels at or just higher than what on peak rates were, so planned that way. This year I plan on doing Thursday through Sunday instead of Friday through Sunday, so I'm working with my group to better allocate budget as well.

But like I said in my post at the beginning of the thread, the moment you realize that another PAX is going on and you're not there... It gnaws at your soul. Labor Day weekend was the worst when I was thinking about how much of a blast I would be having at Prime if I was there, or even Dragoncon.

But patience pays off, and East will be delightful.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    I have clinical depression and it comes out swinging once I get home. The only thing I can do is take all of the energy and hype I got from PAX and turn it into things. Draw, clean, make a website, make silly youtube videos. Because if I just sit and think its just crushing.

I know exactly what that feels like. I don't have any real creative outlets like that, I just have to reframe the thoughts. Instead of focusing on how I'm not at PAX doing all these awesome things, I have to tell myself how much I enjoyed these things and let those positive images and feelings fuel me.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »

I know exactly what that feels like. I don't have any real creative outlets like that, I just have to reframe the thoughts. Instead of focusing on how I'm not at PAX doing all these awesome things, I have to tell myself how much I enjoyed these things and let those positive images and feelings fuel me.

yeah. I also decided to go see a doctor and get back on anti depressants. Being at PAX made me realize how tired I was of being sad all the time.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I'm just recharged now. When I finish an event like that I just have my batteries recharged. I love not getting the stink eye when I pull out Marvel Puzzle Quest in line, or having some random person who will talk about games when waiting. I love the atmosphere and the feeling of coming home is so strong. Just knowing that that's out there has me happy and so pumped.

• Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I liken it to going back to Privet Drive for the summer.

And it makes me :bigfrown:

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    SanDogWeps wrote: »
    I liken it to going back to Privet Drive for the summer.

And it makes me :bigfrown:

Yep. Now we have a long stretch until the next PAX.